PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 24th September

Missy D
22nd-September-2005, 06:37 PM
Where is everyone going this Saturday?

Just had a look and seen that Hammersmith is on along with Oxford and Bromley

Some weeks there is absolutely nothing on and this week i am spoilt for choice!

Decisions! decisions! :nice:

Cruella
22nd-September-2005, 06:43 PM

If i can get a babysitter i'll go to Oxford, will be spoilt for good men there. Roy Agasaba Power (SP), H, Jon Baker, Tom Baker to name a few.

WittyBird
22nd-September-2005, 06:46 PM

i was thinking of trying monaco :rofl:

Lory
22nd-September-2005, 07:02 PM
i was thinking of trying monaco :rofl:
Who's teaching and what's the floor like! :devil: :whistle: :D

WittyBird
22nd-September-2005, 07:06 PM
Who's teaching and what's the floor like! :devil: :whistle: :D
:rofl: i am for what its worth :rofl: any tips for me Lory :grin:

ducasi
22nd-September-2005, 11:44 PM
Where is everyone going this Saturday? I fully expect to be at the Edinburgh monthly party at Macro's. I can't think of any other place I'd rather be... :waycool:

(As long as my feet recover in time! :sick:)

under par
23rd-September-2005, 02:35 AM
I think (to cut down our mileage!!) we will be attending THE BLACK BALL at Dorking with its excellent aircon and brand new floor :drool: :drool:

Hope to see some forumites there! :yeah: :yeah:

fletch
23rd-September-2005, 08:55 AM
This is a good opportunity to let all the Midlands crew.

We are all supporting The Tower Ballroom (Bham) before it closes at Xmas

Looks like it will be a reasonable turn out, there is a crowd from Bristol & most people from Solihull.

See you there :clap:

Yuko
23rd-September-2005, 11:49 AM
If i can get a babysitter i'll go to Oxford, will be spoilt for good men there. Roy Agasaba Power (SP), H, Jon Baker, Tom Baker to name a few.
Come to Oxford town hall!! That's beatiful venue. The music will be fantastic! (played by my favorit DJ, John Baker!!)
Victor and Phil also there xx
I heard Keith, L&D as well??

Lory
23rd-September-2005, 11:55 AM
:rofl: i am for what its worth :rofl: any tips for me Lory :grin:
:really: Smile? :wink:

Paul F
23rd-September-2005, 11:55 AM
Come to Oxford town hall!! That's beatiful venue. The music will be fantastic! (played by my favorit DJ, John Baker!!)
Victor and Phil also there xx
I heard Keith, L&D as well??

I WAS going to go to Hammersmith. Sounds like its Oxford instead :clap:

I have ever been but I hear it is a magnificent venue.

DianaS
23rd-September-2005, 12:10 PM
I WAS going to go to Hammersmith. Sounds like its Oxford instead :clap:

I have ever been but I hear it is a magnificent venue.
I haven't been either, so if someone from the Midlands wants a passenger or driver drop me a PM
It sounds like a great night!!
D

Dan Hudson
23rd-September-2005, 12:12 PM
PLus the Greenwich Jazz Festival

On Friday 23rd September, it's All Aboard the Dixie Queen Jazz Boat. The Jive Aces will be performing on the Top Deck and the Billy Jenkins Blues Collective will be performing on the Lower Deck. The boat will depart at 8pm from Greenwich Pier, Greenwich SE10. Tickets £25

The Lovely Kelly from Ceroc Greenwich will be teaching a short class to warm up the masses

On Saturday 24th September, the TJ Johnson’s Jazz & Blues Band will be playing at the Greenwich Dance Agency. There will be opportunity to strut your stuff on a great dance floor. Tickets to see the band in the evening, also include a free 1hour beginner / taster session in Ceroc, during the day.

And obvioulsy the mighty Dan the man will be filling in the bands braks with some cool swing and blues tunes

Secondly, we have just managed to secure a special deal for all our members and have 50 tickets for both the Friday & Saturday available at the reduced price of just £25. Or to put it another way - you buy a ticket for the Friday and Saturday's is thrown in for free.

This offer is only available through Ceroc Greenwich and tickets can be purchased at our regular class on Tuesday, 20th September. If you are not able to get down to the class next week, then give Russell a call on a.s.a.p and he will make arrangements with you. (Tel 020 8855 6198)

Keith
23rd-September-2005, 02:28 PM
We'll be travelling down from Manchester to Oxford on Saturday.
As I've been away from the forum for some time, if you recognise me, will you let me know who you are, so I can get to grips with some of the pseudonyms on the forum! :blush:
Thanks, I'll be the tall one with a few gayish looking or just black shirts :whistle:
Much appreciated, see you there
Keith

Paul F
23rd-September-2005, 02:30 PM
We'll be travelling down from Manchester to Oxford on Saturday.
As I've been away from the forum for some time, if you recognise me, will you let me know who you are, so I can get to grips with some of the pseudonyms on the forum! :blush:
Thanks, I'll be the tall one with a few gayish looking or just black shirts :whistle:
Much appreciated, see you there
Keith

There are certain areas of Manchester you can go on a night out where Keith's shirts are looked upon very favourably :devil: :devil: :wink:

Cruella
23rd-September-2005, 02:40 PM
Babysitters sorted, Oxford here i come! :clap: I'll say hello to you Keith even though you already know me! Not sure you know my forum name though?
Di

Keith
23rd-September-2005, 02:50 PM
Hi Cru,
You are one of the few, that I do know, or think I know :blush: :hug:

Paul F
25th-September-2005, 01:16 AM
Its official. Southport has ruined my dancing life :tears: :tears:

I decided to go to Hammersmith after all tonight as it was simply closer to me and after going to Oxford last night didnt fancy the drive.

Right.

The venue looked fantastic with a good lighting system. I like the sound as the speakers there are good quality and the floor was ok except for the few craters in it. My partner fell in one at one point and I had to pull her out.
It was busy but there was room to dance, well ventilated with the monster fan drawing in cold air from outside and 8 big fans inside and the bar was reasonably priced.

Not bad so far.

Here it comes......

THE MUSIC

One word sums up the music at Hammersmith tonight.......USUAL :angry:

Unfortunately people like 'usual' and 'usual' gets people into the venue. :angry: :angry:

After enjoying over 30 hours of some of the smoothest tracks at Southport I just cant dance to Tom Jones, Barry White or some of the other worn out s**t thats played at these freestyles.
:tears: :tears:
At 12 oclock the DJ decided to put Safri Duo on and I thought "sod that" and went home.

I suppose I shouldnt have expected much more but Im still bloody annoyed.

Rant over. Sorry :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
25th-September-2005, 09:59 AM
... the floor was ok except for the few craters in it. My partner fell in one at one point and I had to pull her out.You need to be careful. Evil things lurk at the bottom of some of the deeper holes. Sounds like you both had a lucky escape.

One word sums up the music at Hammersmith tonight.......USUAL :angry: Unfortunately people like 'usual' and 'usual' gets people into the venue. :angry: :angry: I agree that the music was grossly uninspiring last night, but I was surprised because Annette's sets are usually much more interesting. Don't let it put you off Hammersmith altogether, though, she's usually better, as are the other DJs there.

Mary
25th-September-2005, 11:10 AM
Went to Oxford last night.................and came straight home again. Thought we had the wrong night, but it looks like we had the wrong venue. :tears: :tears:

Do I feel stupid now or what??? :cool: 85 miles for nothing. :mad: And to cap it all the bottle of wine we opened when we got back was pants. :sad:

M

BadBoYFlynn
25th-September-2005, 11:19 AM
OK!! SOOOOO Who when to OXFORD Town Hall last night? and what did you think of the venue the music and the night??? :waycool: I had a fanstatic night the venue was great the music was excellent DJ, John Baker the Dancing was out of this world. It was like a who's who night. Roy, Viktor, H and Co should be proud it was a well orgainsed !!!! night :clap: . so as the song says "Let the Good Times Roll" I can't wait for the next one!!!!

Missy D
25th-September-2005, 11:40 AM
I went to Hammersmith last night and demonstrated with Howard who i thought taught a really good lesson :clap: :worthy:

The floor was the worse i have danced on for ages! I kept getting my heel caught in loose floor boards. Eventually i found a safe place to dance!

The music was 95% awful! There were some really good dancers there last night but, the music was so uninspiring! :angry: Totally agree with everthing David F said!

Well Hammersmith is on again in 2 weeks so I will try it again! I will bring a maker pen with me to highlight the pot holes on the dance floor and maybe a few spare Cds (if the music is bad anyone want to help me remove the dj)! :whistle:

Mary
25th-September-2005, 11:48 AM
OK!! SOOOOO Who when to OXFORD Town Hall last night? and what did you think of the venue the music and the night??? :waycool: I had a fanstatic night the venue was great the music was excellent DJ, John Baker the Dancing was out of this world. It was like a who's who night. Roy, Viktor, H and Co should be proud it was a well orgainsed !!!! night :clap: . so as the song says "Let the Good Times Roll" I can't wait for the next one!!!!

Feel even more gutted and stupid now. :tears: :tears:

M

Missy D
25th-September-2005, 11:57 AM
The music was 95% awful! There were some really good dancers there last night but, the music was so uninspiring! :angry: Totally agree with everthing David F said!

Silly me meant to write Paul F and not David! :blush:

ducasi
25th-September-2005, 12:22 PM
I fully expect to be at the Edinburgh monthly party at Macro's. I can't think of any other place I'd rather be... :waycool: Marco's was really great last night, and I had a magic time. Was good to see so many friends from all over. :nice: Was disappointed that a few people I'd hoped to see couldn't make it for whatever reason. :sad:

And, yep, here's the obligatory blog link (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/09/25/jigging-in-edinburgh/). :wink:

(As long as my feet recover in time! :sick:) My feet were sweet. :D

Cruella
25th-September-2005, 12:36 PM
Absolutely agree. When i first arrived i was thinking oh no! There was only a few people i recognised. But by 10 o'clock wow so many "names " i had so many great dances including the ones with you Flynn. It was also a bonus because i only had a 20 minute drive to my bed instead of the usual 1 1/2 hours. Great to see Clayton and Janine that was so unexpected! :clap: Definately will go back again.

Keith
25th-September-2005, 03:29 PM
300 Mile round journey, ended up driving back to Manchester by default, my problem, no one else’s.
I'd like to second what has already been said. Great venue, extremely well organised & John as ever on the decks, well done :cheers:
Thank you to a couple of the forumites for lovely dances, sorry I was a little tired, it had been a long day & I'd had to walk a mile & a half, not accustomed to Oxford's parking :confused:
Great to catch up with the guys, David & Lilly as beautiful & graceful as ever, Clayton (the beer monster) & Janine, Beytan & Carol (will def'y catch you at Brit Rock for a dance or two, and all the organisers, plus all the ladies I danced with, great standard, lovely people.
I probably missed a lot of people as I never left the top quartile of the room, I must learn to circulate more! :blush:
Well worth travelling to.
:worthy: