PDA

View Full Version : Tue 27th Sept

CJ
22nd-September-2005, 04:04 PM
OK, campers...

Am in London on work stuff and want to dance my wee socks off!! :waycool:

So, am going to Ealing:

ZW, Missy D, Dee and CHrisA I know about. Which of you fab peeps am I going to be lucky enough to see, chat with, dance with, etc?!? :flower:

(I'll even bring a couple of my top tunes for Mr DJ :wink: )

Gojive
22nd-September-2005, 04:23 PM
OK, campers...

So, am going to Ealing:

ZW, Missy D, Dee and CHrisA I know about. Which of you fab peeps am I going to be lucky enough to see, chat with, dance with, etc?!? :flower:

(I'll even bring a couple of my top tunes for Mr DJ :wink: )

Well I don't think I fall into the "Fab" category, but I'm going anyhow (my first visit to Ealing I think) . Be nice to meet you CJ :)

Northants Girly
22nd-September-2005, 04:30 PM
OK, campers...

So, am going to Ealing:
Oh . . . . . say you can stay till Hipsters on Friday 30th!! :D

CJ
22nd-September-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh . . . . . say you can stay till Hipsters on Friday 30th!! :D

you know me, NG: a quick in/out!! :blush:

Come and say Hi, GoJive :flower:

Gojive
22nd-September-2005, 04:39 PM
Come and say Hi, GoJive :flower:

Will do! :cheers:

Northants Girly
22nd-September-2005, 04:42 PM
you know me, NG: a quick in/out!! :blush:
:really: don't you go starting rumours now you bad man! :devil:

TiggsTours
22nd-September-2005, 04:42 PM
I may well pop along.

CJ
23rd-September-2005, 10:44 AM
Not to put you off, too much, but....

I'll also be bringing my sponsor forms for when I get my body waxed at the Beach ballroom in Aberdeen on 18th Nov. :D :sick: :tears:

Baby Peaches
23rd-September-2005, 11:48 AM
Not to put you off, too much, but....

I'll also be bringing my sponsor forms for when I get my body waxed at the Beach ballroom in Aberdeen on 18th Nov. :D :sick: :tears:

Good for you pal. Get that cash rollin' on in!! :clap:

CJ
27th-September-2005, 10:48 AM
OK,so I forgot my sponsor forms but shall b there!!!!!!!! :o

Anyone who sees me, please do come and say Hi!! :D

(just beware of my chaperone... :devil: )

Sparkles
27th-September-2005, 11:06 AM
KatieR and I should be there for the freestyle - lots of dances, please :flower:.
S. x

under par
27th-September-2005, 11:44 AM
Mrs Par and I will be there too as it 'appens!

Looking forward to meeting CJ whilst he still has hair! :whistle:

And Tiggs tours too look out for V. tall me :eek:

TiggsTours
27th-September-2005, 11:46 AM
Mrs Par and I will be there too as it 'appens!

Looking forward to meeting CJ whilst he still has hair! :whistle:

And Tiggs tours too look out for V. tall me :eek:
I'm not actually going now, sorry, I'll have to meet you another time.

Dizzy
27th-September-2005, 11:53 AM
I will be there too!! :clap:

Will be looking forward to a dance from you, CJ!! :flower:

Tessalicious
27th-September-2005, 11:58 AM
OK,so I forgot my sponsor forms but shall b there!!!!!!!! :o

Anyone who sees me, please do come and say Hi!! :D

(just beware of my chaperone... :devil: )I'll be coming along tonight too, so I hope I shall get dances with all of you - and if I feel like leading, I shall just look for the queue of lovely forumettas waiting to dance with CJ!
See you all later :cheers:

Rhythm King
27th-September-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm Spartacus so's my wi - oh hang on, wrong answer :blush:
I'll be there too, but I ain't dancin' with no man in a leather skirt, even if he has waxed his legs! :devil:

R-K

Zebra Woman
27th-September-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah , this is shaping up very nicely...I'm looking forward to a fab night tonight.

I will be stripey, hoping CJ will be leathery and still hairy.... :sick: (I will be checking :devil: )

ZW :flower:

dee
27th-September-2005, 01:21 PM
I will be going to!!!! hope i get to meet you Underpar and Mrs Par don't worry i will leave my skipping rope at home. Looking forward to meeting CJ, hope you save me a dance young man :drool:

Paul F
28th-September-2005, 09:09 AM
Couldnt make it in the end :tears: Decided to go to the gym instead. Got out of work too late.

Was it a good night? Busy?

Paul F
28th-September-2005, 03:47 PM
Can nobody tell me what the night was like :tears: :tears:

Anybody :flower: :flower:

Tessalicious
28th-September-2005, 03:56 PM

Anybody :flower: :flower:Sorry Paul, didn't see your earlier message. Last night was pretty good in all - music was interesting, mostly good and hung together well even though there were some less than perfect (IMHO) tracks in there; the class was cool, nice to learn a little almost-Jango unexpectedly! The level of dancers was great too, enough good friends to make it really fun but a few previously unknowns too - particularly lovely finally to meet CJ, of course :waycool: Also, it was busy enough that there was plenty of partner variety but still with enough space for us to have some fun. As far as I was concerned, the only thing that could have made it any better would have been the presence of a few of my other favourite people. :flower:

Sparkles
28th-September-2005, 04:00 PM

It was lovely to see CJ and dance with him again (it's been too long :flower: ).
I was quite tired last night so have refrained from posting in the hope that someone else might be able to give you a more well-rounded opinion, but as they haven't here goes...

IMO if the people who went last night to see CJ had not been there it would have been a wasted journey. Fortunately there was a crowd of forumites that had made the journey to see CJ and this meant that there was good conversation, lots of fun dances and chocolate :drool:.
Although some of the music was new and interesting there was also a proportion that I found uninspiring (but that may just have been my state of mind). There were not very many people there (excluding those mentioned above) and there was little 'atmosphere' to get me in the mood for dancing the night away - which made the trek from the other side of London seem even longer. It's a shame really, Ealing town hall is a good venue, but IMO it's just not the same as it once was.

Not sure if this is very descriptive, but as I said, I'm very tired.

S. x

under par
28th-September-2005, 04:02 PM

It was relatively quiet for Ealing nights.

I arrived too late to do the Tango lesson which looked fairly good i have to say.

Don't know who the teacher was! believe he was at Oxford at the weekend!

The Forum provided about 20% IMHO of the customers and although I was feeling under par(scuse the pun but i did feel s**t with head cold) I met a few new forumites CJ ,Dizzy and Dee to name the few I can recall.

Mrs Par danced most of the night but I suffered in relative silence and sat out more tracks than I normally sit out in a month. :sad:
Fair spread of males and females from what i could see.

It could have done with 50 % more people there as a minimum to get the place buzzing.

RogerC was on the decks and played an eclectic set. Probably a bit too fast for me with my fuzzy head at times so I am probably not the best judge.

Nice to see so many forumites, shame not more people there!

Paul F
28th-September-2005, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag so to speak.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :cheers:

dee
28th-September-2005, 05:53 PM
It was lovely to see CJ and dance with him again (it's been too long :flower: ).
I was quite tired last night so have refrained from posting in the hope that someone else might be able to give you a more well-rounded opinion, but as they haven't here goes...

IMO if the people who went last night to see CJ had not been there it would have been a wasted journey. Fortunately there was a crowd of forumites that had made the journey to see CJ and this meant that there was good conversation, lots of fun dances and chocolate :drool:.
Although some of the music was new and interesting there was also a proportion that I found uninspiring (but that may just have been my state of mind). There were not very many people there (excluding those mentioned above) and there was little 'atmosphere' to get me in the mood for dancing the night away - which made the trek from the other side of London seem even longer. It's a shame really, Ealing town hall is a good venue, but IMO it's just not the same as it once was.

Not sure if this is very descriptive, but as I said, I'm very tired.

S. x

:yeah: I only really went along as i knew CJ was going to be there :drool: was lovely to see some other forumites there otherwise i think i would of been sitting on my own :tears: I have not been to Ealing since last Halloween and was very supprised as to the drop in numbers, to think at one point it was so packed you would be lucky to find a spot to dance.

was nice to finally meet Underpar, Mrs Par, and the lovely CJ :flower: . Thanks to all that danced with me you all made what could of been a boring evening turn into a fab one :hug:

CJ
29th-September-2005, 01:43 PM
Lesson was by David someone from (I think) Bedford. He kept referring to being a country boy, and from out in the sticks. Demo was Pip, I think. Class was a challenge, but not totally beyond me. Although, my freestyle experience of Tango that night tells me I have much to learn with regard to leading it!! :blush:

FWIW, I had a great night. :D

Many forumites made a (VERY much appreciated) big effort to show face. I felt very welcome, even the civvies were warm and friendly!! Nice that Sparkles and I matched, too!! :wink:

Some great dances: in particular being led by Tess and Sparkles... :worthy: Mrs Par was very imaginative in following the breaks!! (Particularly through the T-Rex song :worthy: )

The night was fab and I could go on and on, but it may be boring as hell for non-attenders and might appear sycophantic for the general public... so I shall stop, but I could quite easily say something nice about everyone I encountered, and really mean it!! Was a night I'll remember for ages.

The music was not quite what I expected, tho... but some cool tunes, all the same.

I appreciated everyone being there and am SOOOO looking forward to the next visit. (I even got some sponsor money!! Thank you :flower: )

The last thing is for me to ask you to extend absolutely NO sympathy to R-K as he wont be attending the BFG. :angry: Some trifling excuse about being in the tropics, then Miami, for his work. Poor blighter!! :tears:

Rhythm King
29th-September-2005, 02:15 PM
The last thing is for me to ask you to extend absolutely NO sympathy to R-K as he wont be attending the BFG. :angry: Some trifling excuse about being in the tropics, then Miami, for his work. Poor blighter!! :tears:

Yeah read it and weep CJ :wink:
Actually I'm highly disappointed at not making it this year. No, really :sad:

Zebra Woman
29th-September-2005, 03:02 PM
Here's my 2p worth.

Good points

Fab to see CJ after all this time, and his hair. :hug:
The 3 pulls through the legs
The chocolates
I enjoyed the Tango style class by David Plummer from Bedford, though it did run on until 9.13.
Superb gathering of Forumites and some really fab dances - thanks :flower: .
There was loads of space to dance.
Huge laugh when SilverFox nearly ended up on the floor with two women again :devil: ...I think he plans it. :rolleyes:

Bad Points

The music. There were loads of very good dancers in the room and I was hoping for music along the same lines of Tues 2 weeks ago - slower and more latiny stuff. There were some very nice tracks played but sadly the music was far too much like normal ceroc music for my liking. For example at no point did any leaders feel able to put any of David Plummer's Tango style class into action with me because mostly the tempo was too fast.

I know I'm really fussy and it's just my opinion... but I thought Ealing Tuesday was trying to attract advanced dancers??? None of the good dancers I spoke to on Tuesday were digging the music. This was a real pity as I don't think good dancers will drive miles for this music and the numbers will drop ...and then there really will be no choice for our grandchildren :sad: . Plus if Ealing Tuesday maintains the numbers and survives but is still playing standard ceroc style music then again our grandchildren get no choice. :sad:

ZW :flower:

David Bailey
29th-September-2005, 03:29 PM
I enjoyed the Tango style class by David Plummer from Bedford, though it did run on until 9.13.
A - It's a Latin class, what do you want, timekeeping or something?
B - That degree of clock-watching is kinda scary.

I know I'm really fussy
:zipped-mouth icon: - err, I mean, no! Of course you're not! :)

But what's wrong with being fussy?

.and then there really will be no choice for our grandchildren :sad: :
You trying to tell us something with this grandchildren thing? :whistle:

Rachel
29th-September-2005, 04:12 PM
... None of the good dancers I spoke to on Tuesday were digging the music. This was a real pity as I don't think good dancers will drive miles for this music and the numbers will drop ...and then there really will be no choice for our grandchildren :sad: . Plus if Ealing Tuesday maintains the numbers and survives but is still playing standard ceroc style music then again our grandchildren get no choice. :sad:

ZW :flower: We were gutted not to have been able to make it on Tuesday, but I have to agree with ZW ....

I would really love the Ealing venue to become successful again, but if it means dancing to 'standard/familiar/pop' music, I'll go 5 miles down the road to my local Ceroc venue not 75 miles to Ealing.

Rachel

bigdjiver
7th-October-2005, 12:52 AM
...Bad Points

The music. There were loads of very good dancers in the room and I was hoping for music along the same lines of Tues 2 weeks ago - slower and more latiny stuff. There were some very nice tracks played but sadly the music was far too much like normal ceroc music for my liking. For example at no point did any leaders feel able to put any of David Plummer's Tango style class into action with me because mostly the tempo was too fast.

I know I'm really fussy and it's just my opinion... but I thought Ealing Tuesday was trying to attract advanced dancers??? None of the good dancers I spoke to on Tuesday were digging the music. This was a real pity as I don't think good dancers will drive miles for this music and the numbers will drop ...and then there really will be no choice for our grandchildren :sad: . Plus if Ealing Tuesday maintains the numbers and survives but is still playing standard ceroc style music then again our grandchildren get no choice. :sad:

ZW :flower:It seems the forum view that the music did not match the class and the aspirations of the forum dancers.

Back in Bedford, where David normally teaches, the music was on autopilot. It included tracks that challenged me, such as "Bei Mir Bist Du Schon" from "Swing Kids", which ranges from the very slow to the fast, "All that Jazz", and Tango tracks (of course).
Here there was a different gathering, and by the end of the evening there were only 3 or 4 couples dancing. The only way I got a partner for "All that Jazz" was because the doorman's girlfriend had to wait for him to finish work. I loved the challenges, and was grateful for the chance, at last, to to try to dance to "All that Jazz".but the playlist did not appear to suit most there.

Perhaps the guest teacher could DJ or bring a pre-arranged playlist, so that the evening is more cohesive, or perhaps guest teachers and DJ's should come as a matched set.