PDA

View Full Version : The Cuban blues

Cornish Pixie
22nd-September-2005, 09:30 AM
To add to the southport and slotted dancing thread. For anyone that has tried this wonderful new hybrid what did they think of it?

In my opinion i think it is a perfect example of the versatility of ceroc that allows dancers to dance to yet again a different genre of music!

Others will criticize but i think it is great that a teacher can teach a class that makes you feel as though you are them,allowing you to emulate their style of dance. Stamping their Marc (excuse the pun) on the class. I think cuban blues does this as i was watching the class at Southport(last of the weekend :( ) and if the blokes had longer hair and glasses i would of thought they were Marc!

Mentioned slotting as i believe this adds another dimension to the dance as it leaves opportunity for pivots and other things that further enhance the expression of the music.

Wurlitzerrocks

Dizzy
22nd-September-2005, 09:48 AM
I did the Cuban Blues class at Southport and loved it!! :clap:

It was a very different way of dancing compared to the familiar as it is the man that moves around the woman instead of the other way around and it extremely smooth. :drool:

I can see it being merged well into ceroc and giving it a new wave. :worthy:

Northants Girly
22nd-September-2005, 10:20 AM
I did the Cuban Blues class at Southport and loved it!! :clap: :yeah: me too!

although by that stage of the weekend I was totally brain dead and I had to tell my partner to just push me round the moves cos I'd no idea what I was doing :sick:

DavidY
22nd-September-2005, 06:20 PM
If anyone's interested Marc is doing a longer workshop on Cuban Blues from 12-5 on Saturday 29 Oct in Nottingham. See Ceroc Central website (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/template.tpll&dis_pg=workshops_list) for more info.

Yogi_Bear
22nd-September-2005, 10:05 PM
If anyone's interested Marc is doing a longer workshop on Cuban Blues from 12-5 on Saturday 29 Oct in Nottingham. See Ceroc Central website (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/template.tpll&dis_pg=workshops_list) for more info.
Thanks for that, I hadn't picked up on that one before...

Cuban blues? Full credit to Marc for introducing elements of mambo and west coast swing into a bluesy style, with cross body leads, novel hand holds and so on. Perhaps it's a case of taking the way you like to dance anyway and turning it into a genre. Personally I took Marc and Rachel's class at Southport and previously at Southport in May, and found it to be very much in keeping wit the way I like to dance. Because of rapid rotation, varying lighting and just plain decaying brain cells I didn't pick up the second move of this weekend's class right away but found someone to practise with and we got it sussed. :worthy: