PDA

View Full Version : What's on this weekend (24/25th Sep), in the NW?

Gojive
22nd-September-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm up in Stoke-On-Trent this weekend, and the only freestyle event I can find is Stockport on Saturday.

Anything else going on within an hour's drive of Stoke this weekend? :)

EDIT: Of course, being a Southern soft shandy drinker, the NW to me is Cheshire, Staffs, etc. I realise that those of you already oop in the grime, will consider the NW to be Iceland or somewhere! :wink: ....I'm not helping myself get a warm welcome, am I? :really: :D

Gojive
22nd-September-2005, 11:34 PM
Blimey, is the dance scene that sparse up there? :really: :sad:

WittyBird
22nd-September-2005, 11:36 PM
i wouldnt bother its grim up north :tears:

Trousers
23rd-September-2005, 09:06 AM

Nah the scenes ok up here but there is a definite demarcation zone for Forumites at about the A50.

Stoke to Stockport is ok anyway - I'll be doing Hinckley to Stockport.

It's a cracking venue, generally good floor - sometimes they varnish it so a couple of pairs of shoes with different soles can pay dividends. But it is a similar size to Hammersmith TH, not as many prima donna's. Yet lots of decent women to work your magic on.

As there are no other freestyles on in the area this weekend it will be well attended.

One downer - Bar service is dire. If you do decide to wait in the queue (could be 5 tracks worth) Buy yourself at least 2 beers 'cos you won't wanna wait that long again. Trick is get someone else to wait. . .

Gojive
23rd-September-2005, 10:17 AM
Nah the scenes ok up here but there is a definite demarcation zone for Forumites at about the A50.

Stoke to Stockport is ok anyway - I'll be doing Hinckley to Stockport.

It's a cracking venue, generally good floor - sometimes they varnish it so a couple of pairs of shoes with different soles can pay dividends. But it is a similar size to Hammersmith TH, not as many prima donna's. Yet lots of decent women to work your magic on.

As there are no other freestyles on in the area this weekend it will be well attended.

One downer - Bar service is dire. If you do decide to wait in the queue (could be 5 tracks worth) Buy yourself at least 2 beers 'cos you won't wanna wait that long again. Trick is get someone else to wait. . .

Thanks for your reply Trousers :)

I went to Stockport a few months ago, on a particularly busy night. I have to say, I didn't enjoy the experience. Floorcraft seemed to be at it's worst, and the music made it feel like a nightclub :sick:

I may have just caught a one off that time, and really should go again I suppose - so I might see you there :cheers:

Gus
23rd-September-2005, 10:23 AM
i wouldnt bother its grim up north :tears:I take it you are referring to Norf Landon darlin'. Cheshire and surrounding environs is God own Country :grin: :waycool: ... some superb female dancers up there aswell :clap:

Paul F
23rd-September-2005, 11:36 AM
i wouldnt bother its grim up north :tears:

I beg to differ.

Since moving down to surrey all i seem to be doing is sitting in traffic jams :tears: :tears:

Daisy Chain
23rd-September-2005, 12:14 PM
I take it you are referring to Norf Landon darlin'. Cheshire and surrounding environs is God own Country :grin: :waycool: ... some superb female dancers up there aswell :clap:

Ooo, wonder if he means me?

Daisy

(A Cheshire Flower)

Trousers
23rd-September-2005, 01:07 PM
I went to Stockport a few months ago, on a particularly busy night. I have to say, I didn't enjoy the experience. Floorcraft seemed to be at it's worst, and the music made it feel like a nightclub :sick:

Lets be brutally honest

Floorcraft is crap everywhere. Even venues like Hipsters I have to give ground to thoughtless dancers. One of them a really close mate. :sick:

So you just have to do what you do and take pleasure in doing it better than the rest. Well apart from the odd Elbow Revenge move which you can do as crappily as you like.

spindr
23rd-September-2005, 01:37 PM
Well apart from the odd Elbow Revenge move which you can do as crappily as you like.
Hmmm,
Am I the only one that thinks that this "Elbow Revenge" is in itself bad floorcraft. You may think you're going to cause the perpetrator pain/discomfort -- whereas there's every possibility that you may hurt *their partner* -- or some other innocent party.

SpinDr.

Trousers
23rd-September-2005, 06:51 PM
Poo!

The day after I deliberately hurt someone dancing you come and say that again!
Otherwise I think you may be a candidate for Asif's Dance Police. Here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6429&highlight=police)