PDA

View Full Version : Polls for polls sake

Asif
21st-September-2005, 06:00 PM
Apparantly, there has been some "criticism" with some of the polls on the forum recently, stating that they are either mis-leading, not clear enough, not covering all the options, etc.

So i thought i would put up this poll, which does not fall foul of any of those problems.

Please give generously :wink:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-September-2005, 06:08 PM
So i thought i would put up this poll, which does not fall foul of any of those problems.

Please give generously :wink:Your primary assumption is flawed; I think you'll find that when the Forum smart-asses get their hands on it, there will be plenty of problems.

Asif
21st-September-2005, 06:11 PM
Your primary assumption is flawed; I think you'll find that when the Forum smart-asses get their hands on it, there will be plenty of problems.
Thanks for the warning ESG :eek:. Let the smart-asses do their worst :cool:

LMC
21st-September-2005, 06:12 PM
Funny you should say that ESG, I was just composing a finely tuned rant on the general principle of how difficult it is to define someone by their gender :whistle:

I needn't bother now, thanks :D

Lou
21st-September-2005, 06:13 PM
how difficult it is to define someone by their gender :whistle:
Really? :cool:

Asif
21st-September-2005, 06:15 PM
Funny you should say that ESG, I was just composing a finely tuned rant on the general principle of how difficult it is to define someone by their gender :whistle:
Yaddah, Yaddah, Yaddah ....... Just hurry up and vote then!! :rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
21st-September-2005, 06:20 PM
My alter-ego is female, is that what you were referring to ?

or was it the 'inner me' - which, admitedly is also female ?

ducasi
21st-September-2005, 06:20 PM
... the general principle of how difficult it is to define someone by their gender Well there is the whole "gender" versus "sex" thing... ;)

LMC
21st-September-2005, 06:24 PM
Popcorn anyone? :D

MartinHarper
21st-September-2005, 06:27 PM
not covering all the options...

Where's the option for "both"?
(I'm sure a nice moderator will add one in for me :))
-Lucy

Dreadful Scathe
21st-September-2005, 06:28 PM
the confusion over what you meant is clearly demonstrated in the fact that only 3 people have voted but 7 people have posted a reply :)

Lou
21st-September-2005, 06:38 PM
Where's the option for "both"?
(I'm sure a nice moderator will add one in for me :))
-Lucy
And if they get a "both" option, I want an "either"! :na:

Asif
21st-September-2005, 06:39 PM
The confusion over what you meant is clearly demonstrated in the fact that only 3 people have voted but 7 people have posted a reply :)
Not only that but gender, alter-ego's and inner selfs have also become introduced into the equation by those awkward bu$$ers too.

Popcorn anyone? :D
Sweet or salty? :yum:

WittyBird
21st-September-2005, 06:50 PM
Just out of curiosity and no disrespect Asif but is this really necessary or going to prove anything? :whistle:

Piglet
21st-September-2005, 06:51 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Yey!! We women are winning! :rofl: :rofl: :clap:

angelique
21st-September-2005, 08:56 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Yey!! We women are winning! :rofl: :rofl: :clap:

Does this need highlighting? :wink:
It's almost like saying day follows night/night follows day :devil:

Also where is the option for the person with the split personality? I think it's so important to be mental health aware and respectful! :D

Feelingpink
21st-September-2005, 09:26 PM
And where's the option for only on Tuesdays and Fridays?

killingtime
21st-September-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm not sure I want to give out those sorts of details even if you can't see the poll results.

Gill (Norwich)
21st-September-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure I want to give out those sorts of details even if you can't see the poll results.
Bit late to go shy on us now ;) remember how many of us have danced the Blues with you :whistle:

Little Monkey
21st-September-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, in some cases this poll will simply not be clear enough. You might be transgender. A hermaphrodite. Or simply confused.

There was a rather LARGE man at Southport last weekend who kept dressing as a woman. Very scary. I'm not sure what category he would put himself in. Would he be a woman trapped in a man's body? A man simply in touch with his feminine side? A man with the balls to dress as a woman, just to see what reaction he would get. Or was 'it' in fact a woman, who just looked very much like a bloke??????

Personally I'm pretty sure I'm female. I was last time I looked in the mirror, anyway....

LM

killingtime
22nd-September-2005, 10:12 AM
Bit late to go shy on us now ;) remember how many of us have danced the Blues with you :whistle:

That was my wallet :wink:.

Asif
22nd-September-2005, 12:35 PM
Just out of curiosity and no disrespect Asif but is this really necessary or going to prove anything? :whistle:
It's not really necessary but then i would imagine that the majority of the discussions on the forum are not really necessary either :what:
You don't have to take part if you don't want to. The "point" of it, if there really is one, is to a) see how different views/opinions/interpretations/connotations could be derived from what is seamingly such a "simple" question and b) to get an idea of the ratio of male/female that would actually partake in a poll (whatever the reason).

Not bad results so far :really:

killingtime
22nd-September-2005, 01:06 PM
Alright Asif looks like we'll need to have a dance off or something to decide who gets to use Mr Bump :rofl:.

ducasi
22nd-September-2005, 01:28 PM
Alright Asif looks like we'll need to have a dance off or something to decide who gets to use Mr Bump :rofl:.
It is a bit confusing... :confused:

Asif
22nd-September-2005, 01:59 PM
Well, i'm using Mr Bump because i am naturally clumsy - what's your reason? :what:
As for a dance off - what do you suggest?

killingtime
22nd-September-2005, 02:07 PM
Well, i'm using Mr Bump because i am naturally clumsy - what's your reason? :what:

It would be a very silly way to decide matters (and I doubt either of our sort of dancing :D). Would the person who feel about the most win anyway :really:? I suspect you were their first (as you joined ages before me) I just never realised it was being used :tears:.

Since I'm not special enough to have my own avatar then I've got the forum ones to choose from. I've always wanted to go with one of the many Final Fantasy themed avatars anyway. Time for a new topic I feel :wink:.

TiggsTours
22nd-September-2005, 02:07 PM
I can vouch for that! How many parts of your body have you not either broken or had to have intensive physio on now Asif? (Its easier than asking how many parts he has!)

Asif
22nd-September-2005, 03:23 PM
I suspect you were their first (as you joined ages before me) ... [sip] ... Time for a new topic I feel :wink:.
I may have joined ages ago but i haven't been that active with postings, not until recently that is..

As for a new topic, I was hoping to get as many people as possible to vote on this. There are hundreds of members - anyone know how we can get them all to quickly join in??

Asif
22nd-September-2005, 03:27 PM
How many parts of your body have you not either broken or had to have intensive physio on now Asif? (Its easier than asking how many parts he has!)
Not that many!! :blush: