PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough February 06

Little Monkey
20th-September-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi!

Just wondering what the Scarborough weekend is like, compared to Southport, and who's going? All I know is that it's hotel accomodation and not on-site accomodation, and hence a bit more expensive.

But what about the rooms? Is it three dance rooms like in Southport? Teachers? I know James and Melanie will be teaching, and that's as much info as I've got on this weekend! There's no info about it on the jiveaddiction site yet.

Curious Little Monkey

Tiggerbabe
20th-September-2005, 08:19 PM
Can't help much Catherine, all I know is I won't be going seeing as I'll just be back from a Caribbean Cruise - hee hee hee :whistle:

Lynn
20th-September-2005, 09:41 PM
Just wondering what the Scarborough weekend is like, compared to Southport, and who's going? Its smaller - about 400. Dancing doesn't go on as late, but that means you can focus on the workshops more.

And I'm planning on going - just need to check with my partner in crime (Emerald).

All I know is that it's hotel accomodation and not on-site accomodation, and hence a bit more expensive. And therefore a bit more comfortable. I really don't mind those Southport chalets, but in the winter its nice to have a lovely warm hotel room and a cooked breakfast to go down to!

But what about the rooms? Is it three dance rooms like in Southport? Two dance rooms - main ballroom which is really lovely - and blues room downstairs. The blues room didn't have the same vibe as at Southport and was very quiet at times - but I had some lovely dances in there.

Teachers? Nigel and Nina, Viktor, Ivan-Arandia-Chacon and Magalie Pertuze (Arg Tango). I'm looking forward to the workshops.

There's no info about it on the jiveaddiction site yetI'm sure there will be soon. There were booking forms sent out with the tickets for Southport and also sitting about at the weekend.

Hope to see you there.

Little Monkey
21st-September-2005, 10:22 AM
Nigel and Nina, Viktor, Ivan-Arandia-Chacon and Magalie Pertuze (Arg Tango). I'm looking forward to the workshops.

I'm sure there will be soon. There were booking forms sent out with the tickets for Southport and also sitting about at the weekend.

Oh. I only got the booking form for the next Southport, which lists exactly the same teachers as you've just mentioned. You sure that's not the booking form you're thinking of?? :confused: Or have they got exactly the same teacher line-up for Scarborough in February as they will have for Southport in June??? :what:

Confused Monkey

Lynn
21st-September-2005, 10:53 AM
Oh. I only got the booking form for the next Southport, which lists exactly the same teachers as you've just mentioned. You sure that's not the booking form you're thinking of?? :confused: Or have they got exactly the same teacher line-up for Scarborough in February as they will have for Southport in June??? :what:

Confused Monkey I may be blonde but I'm not that blonde! :rofl: Yes, it was the Scarborough form I was looking at! I'm sure they'll send you one out if you ask.

And yes they probably do have the same teachers - they had Nigel and Nina and Viktor at the last Scarborough as well and the Tango couple seem to be new teachers they have invited to several things. There aren't as many teachers or workshops at Scarborough as at Southport (if they follow the same pattern as last time) but the workshops are longer, with a longer break in between. With smaller numbers on the weekend as well I found that I was able to learn more in the workshops and really enjoyed all the ones I did last Feb.

Little Monkey
21st-September-2005, 01:36 PM
Hmmmmmm........ This does sound tempting...... Anyone else going, or anyone who can tell me more about this weekender?

Wanna join me, JoC? :)

Oh and Tiggerbabe: *Big, rude smiley blowing raspberries at you*
I'm not jealous. Much.................. :whistle:

JoC
21st-September-2005, 02:29 PM
Wanna join me, JoC? :) Ohhhh, ummmmmm....you might want to blow some big, rude smiley raspberries at me too... :o

(tough one though and I'm not actually booked yet :flower: )

Paul F
21st-September-2005, 02:51 PM
Scarborough sounds good but I cant help think that when it comes to smaller numbers, more intimate atmosphere with the emphasis on a bit more luxury, RockBottoms has it down to a T.

I really enjoyed my 1 time on an RB weekend. Im sure Scarborough will be great too though.

JoC
21st-September-2005, 02:58 PM
RockBottoms has it down to a T. When/where is this one...? :flower:

Little Monkey
21st-September-2005, 04:51 PM
When/where is this one...? :flower:
:yeah:

Cornish Pixie
21st-September-2005, 05:01 PM
Also MARC and RACHEL, and the KEITH and VICTORIA. Which is why i will definitley be going, even though southport took seven hours to get too so this will be longer!Mad arent i!But us cornish are!

Paul F
21st-September-2005, 05:09 PM
When/where is this one...? :flower:

I feel bad for redirecting you to www.rockbottoms.com in the scarborough thread.

As I said Im sure Scarborough will be great as well. :blush:
Just mentioning that RockBottoms do have an enviable reputation in this particular ball park.

I can heartily recommend the Torquay trip. Its a bit more expensive but when you get the use of the luxurious facilities of the Derwent hotel it really is worth it. Oh and they feed you too :grin:

Aleks
21st-September-2005, 05:12 PM
I feel bad for redirecting you to www.rockbottoms.com in the scarborough thread.

As I said Im sure Scarborough will be great as well. :blush:
Just mentioning that RockBottoms do have an enviable reputation in this particular ball park.

I can heartily recommend the Torquay trip. Its a bit more expensive but when you get the use of the luxurious facilities of the Derwent hotel it really is worth it. Oh and they feed you too :grin:

It seems we'll have plenty of time to save up for it....just about all of them are sold out for 2006!

JoC
21st-September-2005, 06:27 PM
I can heartily recommend the Torquay trip.Aha! Torquay! Is it just me or is Torquay a surreal place full of surreal happenings and places for others too?

ducasi
21st-September-2005, 06:47 PM
Aha! Torquay! Is it just me or is Torquay a surreal place full of surreal happenings and places for others too?
No, it's just you...

(Though I haven't been in like a million years, so maybe it had a surreal make-over since then. :))

Little Monkey
22nd-September-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, RockBottoms is, as many people have mentioned, more or less sold out, so that will have to be 2007..

So, I'll just have to settle for Scarborough, and I must say the teacher line-up sounds magic!!! And the comfort of a proper hotel room & cooked breakfast...... Yum.

Now, everyone start chanting very loudly with me: WE WANT SHEEPMAN! WE WANT SHEEPMAN!

LM :flower:

johnah
4th-November-2005, 05:30 PM
:waycool:

With 3 months still to go, almost 400 dancers are booked in for this superb weekend in Scarborough. All the featured hotels on the jive addiction website are now sold out BUT, we've negotiated a new package with the superb Crown Spa Hotel and are able to offer this to sharers. :clap: And, sorry ladies :sad:, we are currently only accepting bookings from mixed couples and men.

For those who don't know, the finalised teacher line-up is as follows:

Nigel & Nina
Viktor Andeke
Ivan Arnadia-Chacon & Magali Pertuze
James Lees & Melanie Hutton
Keith Davies & Victoria Rosen

Classes during the weekend will be approximately 1 hour in duration with a 30 minute break between each for a little practice and freestyle. The weekend's programme will be sent out with the info pack about 2 weeks before the event.

Amongst our DJ line-up, we are very pleased to welcome to Scarborough for the first time... let's hear it for the one and only DANCE DEMON!!! :clap: :clap:

www.jiveaddiction.com

RoyBoy
4th-November-2005, 07:46 PM

Amongst our DJ line-up, we are very pleased to welcome to Scarborough for the first time... let's hear it for the one and only DANCE DEMON!!! :clap: :clap:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Okie Dokie. Thats a good enough reason for me to get the cheque book out.
The teacher line up looks pretty tasty as well:whistle:

Plus the venue is fantastic.... The air bracing..........etc.etc...

johnah
8th-November-2005, 12:43 PM
The teacher line up looks pretty tasty as well:whistle:
Plus the venue is fantastic.... The air bracing..........etc.etc...
And, the teacher line-up has just got tastier too!!! :clap:

We are pleased to announce that Mark & Simone Harding, owners of Ceroc Australia, will be flying over from Sydney to teach for us at Scarborough. :clap::clap::clap:

So, contrary to my earlier posting, the teacher line-up now reads:

Mark & Simone Harding
Nigel & Nina
Viktor Andeke
Ivan Arandia-Chacon & Magali Pertuze
James Lees & Melanie Hutton
Keith Davies & Victoria Rosen

Are you reading this Paul F? :whistle:

Lynn
8th-November-2005, 12:49 PM
An absolutely awesome line-up of teaching talent, and a truly magnificent ballroom - not to be missed! :clap: It is a lovely venue and that is a fab line up of teachers. Looking forward to it!

Paul F
8th-November-2005, 02:46 PM
Are you reading this Paul F? :whistle:

Yep. :)

Its not like I have any work to do ;)

johnah
8th-November-2005, 03:25 PM
Yep. :)

Its not like I have any work to do ;)

:wink: Neither have I!!:rofl:

We know how much you love to dance Paul, so are you coming to Scarborough? It really is a great venue and there's some 'hot' dancers booked in. Go on, I'm sure the ladies will be queuing up for a dance with you and, until you've tasted Scarborough, you can't compare with RB, never mind putting a link to them on this thread. :rofl:

Only kidding Paul. :whistle:

Paul F
8th-November-2005, 03:37 PM
Only kidding Paul. :whistle:

:grin: I know. It felt bad. I didnt think it was any direct competition though so I did it :blush:

I would love to go but its just a bit awkward timing for me in Feb. Hopefully next time. :cheers:

johnah
8th-November-2005, 04:27 PM
:grin: I know. It felt bad. I didnt think it was any direct competition though so I did it :blush:

I would love to go but its just a bit awkward timing for me in Feb. Hopefully next time. :cheers:

It's not a problem Paul, RB events are different to ours and we wish them the continued success they deserve. All good, well organised events, that place dancers at the forefront of their thinking are worthy of support. :clap:

See you around soon. Are you going to the Spinderella Ball in Oxford?

Paul F
8th-November-2005, 04:28 PM
See you around soon. Are you going to the Spinderella Ball in Oxford?

I've never heard of it to be honest.
Sounds different ! :)

johnah
8th-November-2005, 04:48 PM
I've never heard of it to be honest.
Sounds different ! :)

It's being organised by Roy Asagba-Power of Ceroc Oxford on 26 November at the magnificient Heythrop Park Hotel & Country Club. Last I heard over 200 booked in, including a group of us from Nottingham. Should be a blast!

Paul F
8th-November-2005, 05:12 PM
It's being organised by Roy Asagba-Power of Ceroc Oxford on 26 November at the magnificient Heythrop Park Hotel & Country Club. Last I heard over 200 booked in, including a group of us from Nottingham. Should be a blast!

Just noticed the date of this.
Although Im sure it will be a lovely night it falls on the same night as a certain other event that I have been waiting for for ages :) An event that I would sell my grandmother for to be there :blush:

under par
10th-January-2006, 01:55 PM
Only 3 weeks till Scarborough.... so who IS going?

Anyone tell me what it was like last year?

Lynn
10th-January-2006, 02:07 PM
Only 3 weeks till Scarborough.... so who IS going? There is a poll here - http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7034&highlight=scarborough

Anyone tell me what it was like last year?We had a lovely weekend last year, the blues room was a bit quiet at times but I have the feeling it will be a bit busier this year!

Paul F
10th-January-2006, 02:13 PM
Only 3 weeks till Scarborough.... so who IS going?

Anyone tell me what it was like last year?

It appears I will be there after all and Im really looking forward to it now. :clap:

I just re-read through this thread and noticed that DD is DJ'ing there. Needless to say a little smile appeared

Blues room + DD = :)

Sounds like Scarborough will be good!

Lynn
10th-January-2006, 02:14 PM
Blues room + DD = :)

Sounds like Scarborough will be good!:yeah:

Paul F
10th-January-2006, 02:14 PM
We had a lovely weekend last year, the blues room was a bit quiet at times but I have the feeling it will be a bit busier this year!

I hope so. Dont want to be in there by myself :sad:

Can I have a dance Lynn :flower:

jivecat
10th-January-2006, 02:36 PM
(Only 21 more January get-ups to go)

I think it's about time to start getting excited about Scarborough, thank goodness I've got something booked to get me through the worst bit of winter.
I'm really looking forward to the tango classes, especially. I might even experience a dance with the legendary Victor, at last, too!
If the blues room is empty:confused: I'll just have to dance in it by myself.
Lynn, I don't think I'll be able to compete with you in the shoe department, mine are very boring, but it'll be good to meet up for a chat.

Lynn
10th-January-2006, 02:55 PM
I hope so. Dont want to be in there by myself :sad:
There was always a good crowd there later in the night, it was just quiet to start with, I think it will be busier this time. I had some lovely dances in there last year.

Can I have a dance Lynn :flower: Definitely! :flower:

Lynn
10th-January-2006, 02:59 PM

I think it's about time to start getting excited about Scarborough, thank goodness I've got something booked to get me through the worst bit of winter. :yeah:

I'm really looking forward to the tango classes, especially. I might even experience a dance with the legendary Victor, at last, too!
:yeah: I'll have done all of two weeks of tango by then... And I'm going to be much more proactive about asking men to dance, and if I can, I will ask Viktor.

Lynn, I don't think I'll be able to compete with you in the shoe department, mine are very boring, but it'll be good to meet up for a chat.It will be lovely to see you again!:flower:

Dance Demon
10th-January-2006, 06:33 PM

If the blues room is empty:confused:

I hope not :really:

The Passion Harem
11th-January-2006, 01:27 AM
It will be my first Scarborough and was undecided back in November :confused: . However as soon as DD told me he was playing on the Friday @ 8 :clap: I booked the next day:D

No worries DD, me & the girls will be there :worthy:

See you at Red Hot & Blue first, then Route66 - maybe a wee taster for the three of us?:hug:

Also got the added bonus - Viktor's and the AT classes :clap: