PDA

View Full Version : Venues in Manchester

tattie
20th-September-2005, 02:22 PM
I just wondered if anyone knew of any classes in the Manchester area - a friend's mum wants to take up Ceroc, she lives in Bury and doesn't drive. Anyone know of anything nearby? Or how do I find out?
Thanks

Trousers
20th-September-2005, 03:24 PM
Check out UK-Jives website - it's very useful to a travelling dancer

www.uk-jive.co.uk

Ok it's not all Ceroc but then we are a fickle bunch and will go where the good dances/dancers are. Check out the Events and Classes sections.

The biggest nite is probably the Stockport Saturday freestyle which is a cracker. They do a weekday class there too Wednesdays (never been so i don't know how good or busy it gets), but there classes Manchester wigan warrington my geography sucks so i dunno if they are near.

Good Luck

Paul F
20th-September-2005, 03:37 PM
I just wondered if anyone knew of any classes in the Manchester area - a friend's mum wants to take up Ceroc, she lives in Bury and doesn't drive. Anyone know of anything nearby? Or how do I find out?
Thanks

Ok, you asked for it :grin:

This list is only what I know. There may well have been some changes.

From a base in bury the following is what I THINK is distance order

1. Prestwich - leJive (do a beginner, intermediate and advanced class)

2. Pendlebury - Barnside Jive

2. Hindley, Wigan - Ceroc Manchester venue. Normal ceroc rules apply. Very nice venue (monaco ballroom)

3. Walkden - Barnside Jive

4. Hyde - Ceroc Manchester venue

5. Stockport - Blitz Jive

Thats all the ones I can think of within a sane distance of driving :nice:
Nearest venue - Prestwich - about 10 minutes from bury

tattie
20th-September-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks very much for those suggestions - some right on her doorstep which is great news! Thanks for your help.
Tattie

Damien
22nd-September-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi I live in Bury - Paul's list is comprehensive. Prestwich is definately the nearest. Having attended all of those listed I can recommend them all! The Walken venue has moved to Little Hulton on Thursday. I would also add Bowden as this is a major venue in the area. There are also classes in Warrington and in St Helens just depends what nights you are available and how far you want to travel.

Because of motorways although some are greater distances they are actually quite quick to get to. For example the M60 directly links Hyde and Bury and only takes 25 minutes. I would say give a few of them a try. The crowd is quite different at each venue as is the quality of teaching. Barnside in Atherton on Tuesdays has a friendly down to earth crowd and is good for beginners. My personal favourites are Prestwich (Monday), Ceroc Hyde (Wed) and Barnside (Tuesday) based on the people and travel distance.

Once you've got a few lessons under your belt the Hyde and Stockport freestyle nights should not be missed.

ps if your really brave you can always cross the Pennines to the Yorkshire venues as some are only an hour a way and as quick to get to as say Bowden.