PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever cried at a weekender?

Lory
20th-September-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm curious to know what percentage of people cry at some stage during a weekender :confused:

After talking to several people this weekend, it seems to me, most people do! :eek:

For whatever reason, be it.... tiredness, being turned down for a dance, sore feet, feeling inadequate, lonely, hunger, falling out with your chalet mates, dehydration playing havoc with your brain, the weekend not turning out how you thought it might or simply having to go home after having the best time of your life :tears: :tears: :tears:

Have you ever cried? :flower:

Don't worry, it's not a public poll!

Clive Long
20th-September-2005, 12:38 PM
My only way of dealing with the post-weekend depression is to push through the tiredness and keep dancing.

Going a wee bit off-topic (it's the day for it) and picking up on the "lonely" item in Lory's list - can I suggest if you know someone is on a chalet on their own, ask them in for a shared Saturday evening meal. They may want to be alone, but they might jump at the offer. For me, a shared meal and wine with friends old and new is one of the reasons to be alive.

Clive

Asif
20th-September-2005, 12:40 PM
After talking to several people this weekend, it seems to me, most people do! :eek:
Were these people male or female? I have never cried due to to any of the above but that may be because i'm just a cold hearted male. BTW - I did cry watching ET - the bit where ET is dying and is lying on the floor, looking all pale, holding his hand up and calling for Elliot :tears: :tears: :tears:

Wendy
20th-September-2005, 12:45 PM
My first camber... I shared a room with Vivian Chee and we stayed up till the wee small hours discussing life the universe and everything and ended up in tears cos it was so great to bond like that ...especailly since we'd never even MET beforehand... and I only got the place cos of Trampy and Sheepman organising things at the last minute... it was a fab weekend... dance heaven...

And then I was very close to tears (only stopped myself cos I was in public) following a workshop in Southport with Marianne (Dutch Ginger)... it was a woman-only style workshop and I was just sooo inspired... you know when you feel you really belong somewhere.. or you know you are doing the right thing ??? .. magic !!! Hope I can pass some of that stuff on to the women at Pitlochly..

Wxxx

Little Monkey
20th-September-2005, 12:47 PM
I did cry this weekend.

I had the best chalet mates you could wish for, lots of fab dances etc, but I still cried.

Sunday night (or rather Monday morning) my back gave up (again!!!!!), and I just had to throw in the towel and limp back to my chalet, alone. I was exhausted, in a lot of pain, and felt incredibly lonely and in need of a hug. The tears just poured down my face, and I couldn't stop it! Very silly. The right thing to do would probably have been to ask someone to help me back to the chalet, or get a hug from one of my many friends (Killingtime even offered to carry my bag, the sweetie!), but pride and pure stubborness stopped me. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

A Stubborn and Tearful Little Monkey

under par
20th-September-2005, 12:49 PM
I did cry this weekend.

I had the best chalet mates you could wish for, lots of fab dances etc, but I still cried.

Sunday night (or rather Monday morning) my back gave up (again!!!!!), and I just had to throw in the towel and limp back to my chalet, alone. I was exhausted, in a lot of pain, and felt incredibly lonely and in need of a hug. The tears just poured down my face, and I couldn't stop it! Very silly. The right thing to do would probably have been to ask someone to help me back to the chalet, or get a hug from one of my many friends (Killingtime even offered to carry my bag, the sweetie!), but pride and pure stubborness stopped me. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

A Stubborn and Tearful Little Monkey

I would have carried you back and your bag...you sore little monkey :hug: Had I known.

Little Monkey
20th-September-2005, 12:51 PM
I would have carried you back and your bag...you sore little monkey :hug: Had I known.
:hug: :kiss: :hug:

Thanks! I was just being very silly, and am not good at asking for help, or even admitting to myself that I need it! Will try to improve... :flower:

drathzel
20th-September-2005, 12:53 PM
Going a wee bit off-topic (it's the day for it) and picking up on the "lonely" item in Lory's list - can I suggest if you know someone is on a chalet on their own, ask them in for a shared Saturday evening meal. They may want to be alone, but they might jump at the offer. For me, a shared meal and wine with friends old and new is one of the reasons to be alive.
Clive
:yeah:

i had at least one offer all three nights and it was lovely! really made me feel less "single" (not in singleton sofa way, just in a single room way) Thank you, you know who you are!!!! :hug:

Lynn
20th-September-2005, 01:05 PM
Going a wee bit off-topic (it's the day for it) and picking up on the "lonely" item in Lory's list - can I suggest if you know someone is on a chalet on their own, ask them in for a shared Saturday evening meal. They may want to be alone, but they might jump at the offer. For me, a shared meal and wine with friends old and new is one of the reasons to be alive.That's a good point. Its fine going to workshops and dancing in the evening by yourself - there is always going to be someone you know to sit beside (when you want to sit down - I know some people rarely do!) but I probably would find dinner on my own in the evening lonely. I've always been with a group from NI and we eat together, but the next weekender they are all planning on is Southport 2006. Not sure I can wait that long for another all night blues room type evening. :tears:

And LM - :hug: :flower:

Zebra Woman
20th-September-2005, 01:15 PM
I have cried a couple of times at the end of a weekender because it was so good and like Paul F said it's just so sad when it's over. :tears:

I have also occasionally cried because I have been moved by a song, and even left a couple of teardrops on my partner's shoulder.

I think the combination of the long drive, the expectation, passion, music, exercise, adrenaline, and lack of sleep puts me into a more vulnerable state on a weekender.

I have also cried with laughter on every single weekender I have been on. That is the best thing, and I can still cry with laughter remembering those little (mostly unrepeatable) jokes months later. :grin:

ZW :flower:

Lory
20th-September-2005, 01:20 PM
can I suggest if you know someone is on a chalet on their own, ask them in for a shared Saturday evening meal. They may want to be alone, but they might jump at the offer. For me, a shared meal and wine with friends old and new is one of the reasons to be alive.

:yeah: It must be horrible having to eat alone :tears:

And to Answer Asif, no, they were definitly NOT just women who cried!

I've cried at most weekenders, it's the tiredness that always gets the better of me :sad:

And i fully admit, I'm a soppy moo and cry just as easily, when someone says something lovely to me :blush:

Little Monkey
20th-September-2005, 01:29 PM
:yeah:

i had at least one offer all three nights and it was lovely! really made me feel less "single" (not in singleton sofa way, just in a single room way) Thank you, you know who you are!!!! :hug:

Sweetie, I didn't know you stayed alone!!! Had I known, you'd have had even more offers for dinner! I'm glad you were invited to have dinner with other people, though, and didn't get left all by yourself.

Yvonne, Skippy and I invited the lovely Roy for dinner on Saturday, and being a perfect gentleman he brought a bottle of red, and we all had a lovely time. On Sunday Skippy, Roy and I had dinner together in the Queen Vic, and tried to invite other lonely forumites to join us, but they were all too busy or already had made arrangements with other people.

LM

Northants Girly
20th-September-2005, 01:54 PM
Have you ever cried? :flower:Oh yes! - I could cry for Great Britain! :tears: :tears:

:grin: NG x

Andy McGregor
20th-September-2005, 02:43 PM
:yeah: It must be horrible having to eat alone :tears: One of my favourite weekender memories is having a chalet to myself. No children, wife, friends, etc to please. I could eat when and what I wanted, go to bed when it suited me, get up when I'd had a refreshing 3 hours sleep, etc, etc. And when I wanted company there were massive halls full of willing dance partners :clap:

TiggsTours
20th-September-2005, 02:46 PM
I've cried on many a weekender, and Asif, you're a lier!

Northants Girly
20th-September-2005, 02:52 PM
I've cried on many a weekender, and Asif, you're a lier!There's nothing wrong or shameful about having a cry Asif!

In fact I find myself more endeared to those men that do! :nice:

Asif
20th-September-2005, 03:13 PM
I've cried on many a weekender, and Asif, you're a lier!
Liar! Me?? Please explain yourself (nothing too embarrasing please!)

Northants Girly
20th-September-2005, 03:30 PM
Liar! Me?? Please explain yourself (nothing too embarrasing please!)NG rubs hands together in anticipation . . . .

Now don't hold back Tiggs . . . . ;)

Cruella
20th-September-2005, 06:32 PM
I have just booked June on my own but am anticipating finding some people to share with to upgrade. But if i'm unsuccessful, all offers of dinner will be greatly recieved. ;)

Gill (Norwich)
21st-September-2005, 12:03 AM
My tears came through sheer exhaustion I think, but I found myself with no key to get into the chalet (only 2 keys between 5 doesn't work!) and I just needed to sleep. Dancing to 6.30am and only 2hours sleep doesn't work, I'll be wiser at Camber or maybe not :rolleyes:

djtrev
22nd-September-2005, 07:48 PM
Quote from Andy McG
One of my favourite weekender memories is having a chalet to myself. No children, wife, friends, etc to please. I could eat when and what I wanted, go to bed when it suited me, get up when I'd had a refreshing 3 hours sleep, etc, etc. And when I wanted company there were massive halls full of willing dance partners

:yeah: :yeah:

At Camber I remember deciding regardless of the weather(naturally it was damp and dull)I was going to have a BBQ on the Sunday.Having set it up -on the ironing board)outside my chalet I then couldn't leave it unattended as there were the biggest seagulls I have ever seen, just waiting for me to go so that they could swoop down and pinch my dinner.

DianaS
22nd-September-2005, 08:09 PM
yes I cried, and people I've been sharing with have cried as well. It's a very opening up environmment and we girls seem to share so much..
Do you guys realise that when we aren't strutting our stuff looking like fine things, we are in our jarmies shaing the most initimate details of our life and occasionally emtying the odd tissue box?..
...Course you do. Cas your often there as well supplying the chocolate :flower:

under par
23rd-September-2005, 01:29 AM
yes I cried, and people I've been sharing with have cried as well. It's a very opening up environmment and we girls seem to share so much..
Do you guys realise that when we aren't strutting our stuff looking like fine things, we are in our jarmies shaing the most initimate details of our life and occasionally emtying the odd tissue box?..
...Course you do. Cas your often there as well supplying the chocolate :flower:

Some of the fellas may well be on their own also emptying the odd tissue box!!!!

fletch
23rd-September-2005, 08:43 AM
I havn't cried but I did have a strange couple of hours on the Sunday/Monday, due a conversation with an acquaintance, it left me in turmoil.
He explained the differences between men and woman. Men have Testosterone and are Hunters and women have Oestrogen and are Gatherer's
and I should know my place co's it sends out the wrong signals and confuses the natural order of things.
Well with this in the back of my mind I sat down at 1am hoping to be Gathered, well it didn't work and I just ended up sad :tears:
Luckerly loverly Dave from JiveVibe Bedford came to my rescue, we had a chat about it and he said it was C*** and I would never be happy subservant, and to carry on as I was & strut my stuff, it worked but it has left me wondering :confused:
I would welcome an comments.

:flower:

KatieR
20th-December-2005, 05:58 PM
Luckerly loverly Dave from JiveVibe Bedford came to my rescue, we had a chat about it and he said it was C*** and I would never be happy subservant, and to carry on as I was & strut my stuff, it worked but it has left me wondering :confused:

Well, after giving it some thought, I think that some men really are quite afraid of women that a) have an opinion b) are outgoing and confident c) in control of their own lives d) not afraid to tell the guy what the deal is ... etc

Dont ask me why, but I have encountered this on many occassions where guys want the 'damsel in distress', someone that wont stand up to them, some one they can control in other words and when they realise they cant control you or your opinions then they disappear faster than you can say ten fluffy bunnies.

This is not necessarily all men, Im sure there are some real catches out there but this is just my experience.

Dont know if that helps.

David Bailey
21st-December-2005, 09:53 AM
{ snip dumbass theory from dumbass acquaintance of Fletch }

It is indeed cr&p, total cr&p in fact - the only thing I can say is that people tend to talk more cr&p at weekenders than elsewhere, so maybe the guy's brain was more disconnected from his mouth than normal.

Ignore him, I'm fairly sure you're gatherable :)

thewacko
28th-December-2005, 01:20 AM
:tears: I definately cried on my first camber
thats the trouble with chasing married women

:devil: but hey my second camber was brilliant . . . :devil: yep the same married woman:devil:

I also cried on my fifth camber, but she has promised to come to all the other cambers I go to so:clap: :clap: :flower:
:cheers:

Lory
10th-June-2006, 10:46 AM
I've cried at most weekenders, it's the tiredness that always gets the better of me :sad:

And i fully admit, I'm a soppy moo and cry just as easily, when someone says something lovely to me :blush:
:what:

I didn't cry at this Southport :clap:

but what does that mean :confused:

:rofl:

fletch
10th-June-2006, 10:49 AM
:what:

I didn't cry at this Southport :clap:

but what does that mean :confused:

:rofl:
I usually have a downer on the Sunday afternoon, not this time and I have come back on a real high:clap:

Seahorse
10th-June-2006, 11:55 AM
Twice :blush:

My first weekender at Camber (May05) when a friend shouted at me at 4am during Sat night freestyle because I repeatedly failed to lead a move I'd learnt in the class that day... horrible moment! :tears:

...and the second at the end of Camber(May06) when the DJ played Sorrento Moon by Tina Arena. It had been an amazing weekend and I'd had the opportunity to share many things with friends. The music surmised so many emotions... warmth, relaxation, a sense of well being... and the company of my friends.

Of course they were 'man' tears which aren't the same as girly tears which look terrible on a bloke :grin:

Cruella
10th-June-2006, 12:03 PM
Been on many weekenders and never cried (unless with laughter) until last weekend at Southport. :sad: Had such an amazing weekend, but was overtired and consequently monday morning i was oversensitive. But was all made better by a group hug. :hug: :flower: Thanks Limpy Tink. :kiss:

Lynn
10th-June-2006, 12:12 PM
Been on many weekenders and never cried (unless with laughter) until last weekend at Southport. :sad: Had such an amazing weekend, but was overtired and consequently monday morning i was oversensitive. But was all made better by a group hug. :hug: :flower: Thanks Limpy Tink. :kiss:I've never cried at a weekender but I guess its understandable as people can get upset more easily when tired.

At Storm at one point I felt a bit sad and in need of a hug but I didn't say anything to anyone which was really silly as I should have just asked for a hug and I would have felt better.

Tazmanian Devil
10th-June-2006, 07:23 PM
It is indeed cr&p, total cr&p in fact - the only thing I can say is that people tend to talk more cr&p at weekenders than elsewhere, so maybe the guy's brain was more disconnected from his mouth than normal.

:yeah: :yeah:

I have been on many weekenders and never cried (thank god) although I have comforted a few people who have.

fletch
11th-June-2006, 01:39 AM

Thank you :flower:

I promised myself a long time ago to be true to me, and if people didn't like me at least I would like and respect myself.

according to a good friend, i'm 'top shelf' and not many men can reach that high.

:rolleyes:

under par
11th-June-2006, 09:36 AM
It is indeed cr&p, total cr&p in fact - the only thing I can say is that people tend to talk more cr&p at weekenders than elsewhere,)

Please stop sitting on the fence and say exactly what you mean DJ.

I have cried at a weeekender getting back on thread but only through laughing too much:rofl: :rofl:

Jooles
11th-June-2006, 09:46 AM
Here's my sad story....

I cried once at Camber about a year ago.

I'd had my eye on this glorious man for ages and we spent a fantastic Friday night at Camber flirting, dancing and never moving too far away from each other when dancing with other people.

I went to bed that night wondering why he hadn't asked me out. Then I realised - he had - but it had been so obscure I didn't recognise it at the time. Needless to say, I cried myself to sleep.

We still dance a lot, we still flirt a lot but I don't think he's ever asked again.

I'm still trying to find the courage to ask him.

fletch
11th-June-2006, 09:50 AM

Ho, thats so sad :sad:

You must try, he won't ask you :hug:

If he lives by you just casually ask him is he would go with you to see a film as all your friends have seen it and you don't want to go on you own :love:

Tazmanian Devil
11th-June-2006, 10:14 AM
Ho, thats so sad :sad:

You must try, he won't ask you :hug:

If he lives by you just casually ask him is he would go with you to see a film as all your friends have seen it and you don't want to go on you own :love:

:yeah: Bite the bullett and ask him hun. You will never know what might be otherwise. :kiss: :hug:

Seahorse
12th-June-2006, 06:52 PM
We still dance a lot, we still flirt a lot but I don't think he's ever asked again.
Hey Jooles
There must be a way forward with this without your having to ask him :what: if you often dance together, then you must share similar friends/aquaintances - can't you meet as part of a group? something following dancing? :cheers: Then you are in control and can guage the situation - and establish how you wish the course of events to proceed. Try and manage your expectations and don't read anything into the outcome.

And there is no doubt that if you've picked up on the flirting then it's most probable (unless he is a neanderthal) that he has as well. :waycool: It might be that he is just shy :blush: and in asking you he is worried about feeling rejected if it goes against him or worst still... heaven forbid... alienating someone he loves dancing with :eek: :eek:

I'm sure he probably feels the same way about you but can't articulate how to take it further...

At best you'll meet, have a little fun and hopefully arrange to do something again together (hopefully without the others...) or at the very worst strengthen a friendship with someone with whom you are friends with... :clap: :clap: