PDA

View Full Version : UFO over Aberdeen

Piglet
19th-September-2005, 08:44 PM
I know this sounds crazy, but thers is something shimmering in the sky to the west of where I live in Aberdeen and I'm pretty darned sure it isn't a star.

Reason one - there are no other stars on view at the moment.

There are little sparks of light sparkling around and around it.

Anyone else see anythng where they are??

Heather
19th-September-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't know what you're seeing but I heard on the radio that there were some strange sightings in Invergowrie( near Dundee) a couple of days ago!!!
:hug:
Heather,
XX

Heather
19th-September-2005, 11:01 PM
Just a thought- Johnathan Cainer did mention on his website that there have been solar flares over the last couple of days- perhaps that's what you are seeing? :hug:
Heather,
xx

El Salsero Gringo
19th-September-2005, 11:25 PM
Just a thought- Johnathan Cainer did mention on his website that there have been solar flares over the last couple of days- perhaps that's what you are seeing? :hug:
Heather,
xxCouldn't be the Northern Lights, could it? I heard something about a large solar flare too.

DavidY
19th-September-2005, 11:35 PM
Couldn't be the Northern Lights, could it?Looking at the current readings from the magnetometer station in York (http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/rt_activity/) (which is admittedly a fair bit further South than Aberdeen) there's not much going on tonight Aurora-wise.

Tiggerbabe
19th-September-2005, 11:36 PM
Don't know if it's connected in any way Piglet, but last night (Sunday) driving home from Southport there was some sort of light show in or around Perth. At first glance it looked quite spooky in the sky, but as I got closer it looked like 4 or 5 search lights - no idea what they were looking for :confused:

ducasi
20th-September-2005, 08:54 AM
Don't know if it's connected in any way Piglet, but last night (Sunday) driving home from Southport there was some sort of light show in or around Perth. At first glance it looked quite spooky in the sky, but as I got closer it looked like 4 or 5 search lights - no idea what they were looking for :confused: I think I read about this in the paper – something to do with the opening of Perth's new concert hall? Something like that anyway.

Apparently the police got lots of people phoning up thinking they had seen a UFO.

I don't think you'd see this all the way anyway in Aberdeen though...

Piglet
20th-September-2005, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately I think it must have been a star - very pretty though!

It was there for ages and ages in the same spot and eventually disappeared. That solar flare theory sounds spot on - though I don't know what I'm talking about really - shall have to read up on it!

Thanks for all your advice.

David Bailey
20th-September-2005, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately I think it must have been a star - very pretty though!
Yeah, I thought of that too - I must be psychic. :innocent:

The old ones are always the best ones.

And why "unfortunately"? It was a lovely sight, surely - what's wrong with it being a star? :confused:

Piglet
20th-September-2005, 01:05 PM
And why "unfortunately"? It was a lovely sight, surely - what's wrong with it being a star? :confused:

Absolutely nothing young man! Except that I've seen lots of stars and never a UFO or anything else out of the ordinary. Shall have to close my curtains in future as it took my concentration off of the forum for too long :rofl:

Little Monkey
20th-September-2005, 01:59 PM
I think I read about this in the paper – something to do with the opening of Perth's new concert hall? Something like that anyway.

Apparently the police got lots of people phoning up thinking they had seen a UFO.

I don't think you'd see this all the way anyway in Aberdeen though...

Yes, they've had a big laser/ light show in the sky above the new concert hall in Perth, and it can be seen VERY clearly from Dundee! I came out from the church hall after doing a tango clas last Wednesday, and saw the lights in the sky - very bizarre, and it doesn't surprise me that some, ummmmmmm, gullable (?) or excitable people might have thought it was UFOs. They looked truly strange.

LM

Petal
20th-September-2005, 05:33 PM
Don't know if it's connected in any way Piglet, but last night (Sunday) driving home from Southport there was some sort of light show in or around Perth. At first glance it looked quite spooky in the sky, but as I got closer it looked like 4 or 5 search lights - no idea what they were looking for :confused:

It's party of the launch of the new Perth Concert Hall, a "searchlight" show everynight for a week i think. Looked normal over Perth, but i saw it from Dundee going home to Perth one night and it looked really spooky. :really:

David Bailey
20th-September-2005, 07:14 PM
It's party of the launch of the new Perth Concert Hall, a "searchlight" show everynight for a week i think. Looked normal over Perth, but i saw it from Dundee going home to Perth one night and it looked really spooky. :really:
Look, you're all wrong.

It's ALIENS.

They're cooommmiinnng to get you....

And they're all Geminis.

Missy D
20th-September-2005, 07:46 PM
I know this sounds crazy, but thers is something shimmering in the sky to the west of where I live in Aberdeen and I'm pretty darned sure it isn't a star.

Reason one - there are no other stars on view at the moment.

There are little sparks of light sparkling around and around it.

Anyone else see anythng where they are??

Only Dee's new gold tooth :rofl: :rofl:

Actually i have seen many things in the past that are a mystery to me. My friend was once with me and twice on the way home from the New Forest and we saw what we thought was a bright star that moved - next minute it stopped and just fell straight down. It landed in a field next to the road but, because it was so dark we couldnt see exactly where it was. On the same night we were travelling up the well lit A40 and the same thing happened in the distance. Strange! I have seen many falling stars before but this was different.

I have also seen a grey shiney thing flying along side a plane whilst i was in my garden. The plane eventually went in the distance and the grey thing remained for a few seconds then, went one way, then shot off in the other direction so fast that is dissapeared almost immediately.

The list could go on and on! Small ball lights in the house!

Better end this now before you all think i am insane!

WittyBird
20th-September-2005, 08:22 PM
Absolutely nothing young man!
:rofl: young?

Heather
20th-September-2005, 09:57 PM
Only Dee's new gold tooth :rofl: :rofl:

Actually i have seen many things in the past that are a mystery to me. My friend was once with me and twice on the way home from the New Forest and we saw what we thought was a bright star that moved - next minute it stopped and just fell straight down. It landed in a field next to the road but, because it was so dark we couldnt see exactly where it was. On the same night we were travelling up the well lit A40 and the same thing happened in the distance. Strange

Better end this now before you all think i am insane!

Perhaps it was a helicopter?
Heather,
xx

ducasi
21st-September-2005, 08:30 AM
It's party of the launch of the new Perth Concert Hall ... After seeing this (http://www.squarebox.co.uk/threshold.html)*, I've decided I want to visit Perth Concert Hall at the earliest opportunity.

* Warning: link leads to page with contents that may bore to death people who aren't into computer art and/or Macs. ;)

Dance Demon
21st-September-2005, 10:30 AM
Look, you're all wrong.

It's ALIENS.

They're cooommmiinnng to get you....

And they're all Geminis.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!............aliens with split personalities :eek: :eek: :eek: ... :wink:

qjohn
21st-September-2005, 11:05 AM
Perhaps it was a helicopter?
Heather,
xx Mmm, wouldn't think so. Aberdeen does have the World's busiest heliport so there are certainly alot of them about but that also means that we are really used to seeing them up 'ere. I think aliens is a much more sensible suggestion. :)