PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in Dundee

Heather
15th-September-2005, 04:47 PM
I was wondering when the next Dundee dance is! It seems ages since the last one (April I think?) and we've only had two in total since Franck took over the franchise. :tears:
I don't know how other Dundonians feel, but it fairly scunners me having to travel the length and breadth of Scotland just to get a dance with fellow Cerocers! :sick:
Going dancing here involves a 140+ mile round trip to either Aberdeen, Glasgow or Edinburgh, which all have monthly parties. Given the ever increasing cost of fuel, it's a thought to make the journey every week!
When will we be having more dances here in Dundee?

:hug:
Heather,
XX

JoC
15th-September-2005, 05:00 PM
I was wondering when the next Dundee dance is! It seems ages since the last one (April I think?) and we've only had two in total since Franck took over the franchise. :tears:
I don't know how other Dundonians feel, but it fairly scunners me having to travel the length and breadth of Scotland just to get a dance with fellow Cerocers! :sick:
Going dancing here involves a 140+ mile round trip to either Aberdeen, Glasgow or Edinburgh, which all have monthly parties. Given the ever increasing cost of fuel, it's a thought to make the journey every week!
When will we be having more dances here in Dundee?

Next one I know of is "Thursday 22nd December, Dundee Bonar Hall Christmas Treats" (from the main web site).

Must admit I'd love to see more parties locally. I do feel as though I spend more time in my car than out of it sometimes!

ducasi
15th-September-2005, 05:23 PM
Given a lift home or a bed for the night, I'd love to go dancing until late in Perth or Dundee. :clap:

Heather
19th-September-2005, 11:08 PM
Thanks JoC for pointing out the date of the next dance in Dundee. But am I alone in thinking that we could do with more than just 2 dances a year!!!?
As I said, it's a real pain having to travel .Am I the only person who thinks so?
Heather,
XX

JoC
20th-September-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks JoC for pointing out the date of the next dance in Dundee. But am I alone in thinking that we could do with more than just 2 dances a year!!!?
As I said, it's a real pain having to travel .Am I the only person who thinks so?
Heather,
XX No, you're not alone. (We might be though ;) ) I have a hazy memory of asking either Franck or Sheena...(sorry I have a useless memory :blush:, in fact it could have been someone else... ) about Dundee (and Perth!) parties. I gather it was tried a while back but at the time wasn't viable which is why there are less than in the other Scottish cities.

I agree it's great to have one now and then on your doorstep meaning much less driving and not being quite so zombied out the next day if you've driven home post-party. But I guess if it's not a goer it's not a goer :sad: . To be fair also the BFG was originally planned for Perth which would have made it one more party for Tayside (but that was moved to Glasgow for various reasons) so the intention was obviously there. There also seem to be busier and quieter times of year so I guess the times we do have these extra parties maybe reflects this?

If Franck decides to explore increasing the frequency of Tayside parties I'll be very happy to support them!!! :clap:

I wonder if every 3 months or so would be viable...? The last one in the Bonar Hall certainly seemed to be very well attended.

ducasi
20th-September-2005, 02:08 PM
How about the Dundee and Perth bods organise their own party, and invite the rest of us? I'd try my best to come along. :nice:

And if it's a success, then you just keep doing it! :clap:

All you need is a date, a hall and a DJ... :wink:

JoC
20th-September-2005, 03:11 PM
How about the Dundee and Perth bods organise their own party, and invite the rest of us? I'd try my best to come along. :nice:

And if it's a success, then you just keep doing it! :clap:

All you need is a date, a hall and a DJ... :wink:
Personally I don't feel the need to organise my own parties, while it would be nice to not have to drive quite so much, I am still prepared to do so for the luxury of having someone else go to the trouble of doing the organising. Somehow I think there's a little more to it than finding a hall and a DJ...

ducasi
20th-September-2005, 04:13 PM
Somehow I think there's a little more to it than finding a hall and a DJ... Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful... :blush:

JoC
20th-September-2005, 04:23 PM
I'd try my best to come along. :nice:This just wasn't good enough for me. You have to do bester :wink:

ducasi
20th-September-2005, 04:31 PM
This just wasn't good enough for me. You have to do bester :wink: As I said way back...

Given a lift home or a bed for the night, I'd love to go dancing until late in Perth or Dundee. So, offer me a bed for the night and I'll more than try my best to be there. A phrase involving "wild horses" springs to mind... :really:

JoC
20th-September-2005, 05:33 PM
So, offer me a bed for the night And I thought you were shy :rofl:

Still not organising a party, for now I like being a common-or-garden punter. :D

Dreadful Scathe
20th-September-2005, 06:20 PM
As I said way back...
So, offer me a bed for the night ...:

Things have obviously changed since my dating days. You used to have to offer wine and a meal at least. :)

ducasi
20th-September-2005, 06:21 PM
And I thought you were shy :rofl: :blush: I am shy... Most of the time... :devil:

To clarify... I've enjoyed dancing in Perth and Dundee so much, that I'd jump at the chance to visit for a freestyle, just so long as I can get home, or some can provide me a spare bed for the night.

(More devilish :devil: response removed, cos I'm too shy. :blush:)

JoC
20th-September-2005, 08:56 PM
To clarify...Too late, it's out there.

Monika
21st-September-2005, 08:43 PM
Heather,
XX

Would be fantastic to have more parties in Dundee :flower: , but I already drive about 5000 miles a month so a few hundred miles extra doesn't make that much of a difference...
Take care
Mon :hug:

drathzel
21st-September-2005, 08:48 PM
Things have obviously changed since my dating days. You used to have to offer wine and a meal at least. :)
yup me too :yeah: :tears:

ducasi
21st-September-2005, 11:25 PM
Things have obviously changed since my dating days. You used to have to offer wine and a meal at least. :) Based on last time I tried this, I think the direct approach is now worth a go. :waycool:

Jive Brummie
22nd-September-2005, 11:55 PM
I completely agree...It would be great to have a regular dance in Dundee...

For Melanie and I it's not always that easy getting to freestyles when you have to travel over an hour in any direction to get to one...So one on the doorstep would be most welcome.

I'm sure I'm not the only one from this neck of the woods who has to have a steady supply of matchstickes to wedge open the eyes at 'shockin-o'clock' in the morning on return from a night out.

I always felt that Dundee was also pretty central for the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen folk to travel to :confused:

JB x x

Little Monkey
23rd-September-2005, 10:32 AM
I always felt that Dundee was also pretty central for the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen folk to travel to :confused:

JB x x

That's what I thought, too..... But maybe the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen folk are so used to having regular parties on their doorstep that they simply can't be bothered travelling any distance to go all the way (in a very sarcastic tone of voice) to Dundee or Perth??? :whistle:

At least I don't have to drive (don't have a car!!), but it does mean I have to be the one begging my mates for lifts everywhere..... :blush:

LM

CJ
23rd-September-2005, 10:36 AM

You must be old: was just £10 in my day... :D