PDA

View Full Version : Admit Ones: Landscape or Portrait?

El Salsero Gringo
14th-September-2005, 02:18 PM
"Admit One's should be printed long-ways, not with the short edge at the top." Discuss.

No. 438 in a long line of almost interesting controversies. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

You could argue that Admit One's should be printed in landscape format, they're much more aesthetically pleasing that way. Of course some people might argue the other way; they're easier to hand over to the lady at the desk short-end first.

Interested to hear what other people think.

David Franklin
14th-September-2005, 02:21 PM
Why do you keep trying to stir up controversy about Ceroc? :angry:

LMC
14th-September-2005, 02:21 PM
*sets up popcorn stall, sends assistant down to bank for change for float*

You've missed the important point of which side the card should be printed - the front or the back.

El Salsero Gringo
14th-September-2005, 02:25 PM
Why do you keep trying to stir up controversy about Ceroc? :angry:For goodness sakes, why don't you read what I actually wrote, instead of what you think I said.

I actually wrote a polite version of this message but decided to post the rude one instead.

:whistle:

azande
14th-September-2005, 02:27 PM
I think admit ones should not be printed landscape. Too easy to confuse them with business card.... :what:

Lynn
14th-September-2005, 02:28 PM
The really big question is... what colour should they big, with the secondary issue of which style of font to use.

LMC
14th-September-2005, 02:30 PM
The really big question is... what colour should they big, with the secondary issue of which style of font to use.
And credit card size is so boring don't you think? Surely Admit Ones should be larger so you don't try to hand over your Visa or Amex card by mistake - they are too special and important just to be kept in a wallet with all your other plastic.

jivecat
14th-September-2005, 02:32 PM
This is the kind of thread I read the forum for - in depth, serious discussion of the really important issues in today's complex Ceroc world. :what: (totally straight face) Keep up the good work, ESG.

TiggsTours
14th-September-2005, 02:33 PM
Don't know, don't care, never even seen one.

Clive Long
14th-September-2005, 02:35 PM
All this fiddling about with card ... so C20th.

Ceroc should tatoo people on the neck with "3D bar codes", use biometrics, or implant microprocessors in people's necks, then just update the "central" database with: admit one's, inclination to dance with beginners, etc, so when the punter arrives their dance experience and bill can be uniquely tailored to their personal requirements and credit status.

Get with the programme.

CRL

David Franklin
14th-September-2005, 02:35 PM
And credit card size is so boring don't you think? Surely Admit Ones should be larger so you don't try to hand over your Visa or Amex card by mistake - they are too special and important just to be kept in a wallet with all your other plastic.How can you possibly criticise the admit one cards? They are the best and most consistent out of all the dance organisations.

Some people will just grab any chance to slag off Ceroc...

El Salsero Gringo
14th-September-2005, 02:41 PM
How can you possibly criticise the admit one cards? They are the best and most consistent out of all the dance organisations.

Some people will just grab any chance to slag off Ceroc...I've now had my milk and cookies, and I'm about to be put down for my afternoon nap, but when I wake up I've decided to change my mind because my thinking on this matter has been all flawed.

TiggsTours
14th-September-2005, 02:43 PM
Why is asking if something should be in portrait or landscape being seen as a criticism of the item itself? Am I missing something? :sick:

David Franklin
14th-September-2005, 02:50 PM
Why is asking if something should be in portrait or landscape being seen as a criticism of the item itself? Am I missing something? :sick:What you don't realise is the subtext - ESG talking about landscape v.s. portrait is clearly a veiled attempt to imply that the admit one cards are all "Ceroc clones". Next he'll be saying they're all mass produced in a factory...

CJ
14th-September-2005, 02:51 PM
Portrait?!?

What kind of a picture would that paint?!?!!??!!???????????????

El Salsero Gringo
14th-September-2005, 02:54 PM
What you don't realise is the subtext - ESG talking about landscape v.s. portrait is clearly a veiled attempt to imply that the admit one cards are all "Ceroc clones". Next he'll be saying they're all mass produced in a factory...They are not. They're hand (beak?) scribed by a flock of specially trained consistent parrots.

Clive Long
14th-September-2005, 03:02 PM
I've now had my milk and cookies, and I'm about to be put down << snip >>
... were you all thinking what I was thinking ?

CRL

David Bailey
14th-September-2005, 03:03 PM
They are not. They're hand (beak?) scribed by a flock of specially trained consistent parrots.
In that case, howcum my whole 5 Admit Ones all look different? :tears:

El Salsero Gringo
14th-September-2005, 03:06 PM
In that case, howcum my whole 5 Admit Ones all look different? :tears:Obviously some slippage occurs, especially in those that have been out of training for six months or more. They can't all be good.

bigdjiver
14th-September-2005, 03:10 PM
:devil: Personally I think that they should be a small tattoo on the back of the hand, done when I joined. :devil:

azande
14th-September-2005, 03:11 PM
Obviously some slippage occurs, especially in those that have been out of training for six months or more. They can't all be good.
This is a shocking statement! You should not be allowed to post something like this on a public forum!!

David Bailey
14th-September-2005, 03:14 PM
This is a shocking statement! You should not be allowed to post something like this on a public forum!!
Yeah - you calling my cards crap or something?

CJ
14th-September-2005, 03:48 PM
Yeah - you calling my cards crap or something?

I think he was, David.

Well, invalid in an artistic kind of way...

Maybe we need an ODA to propose and argue the opposing view...

El Salsero Gringo
14th-September-2005, 03:52 PM
I think he was, David.

Well, invalid in an artistic kind of way...

Maybe we need an ODA to propose and argue the opposing view...No we don't. Someone told me that an ODA has to be able to argue both sides of an argument, coherently, and I don't think such a person exists on the Forum.

LMC
14th-September-2005, 03:58 PM
Obviously some slippage occurs, especially in those that have been out of training for six months or more. They can't all be good.
As the legal representative for a consortium of specially trained Admit One painters I would like to express deep concern, even resentment, at that subjective and qualitative statement which has proffered with no factual evidence.

It should be perfectly obvious to anyone who isn't a complete Philistine that differences in the cards are owing to individual artistic expression and do not in any way reflect on the quality of the work.

El Salsero Gringo
14th-September-2005, 04:03 PM
As the legal representative for a consortium of specially trained Admit One painters I would like to express deep concern, even resentment, at that subjective and qualitative statement which has proffered with no factual evidence.

It should be perfectly obvious to anyone who isn't a complete Philistine that differences in the cards are owing to individual artistic expression and do not in any way reflect on the quality of the work.They're not real painters, they paint from a script. That's all right if all you want is script-based painting, but it isn't art.

LMC
14th-September-2005, 04:13 PM
They're not real painters, they paint from a script. That's all right if all you want is script-based painting, but it isn't art.
In that case we would like to sue the ass* off those who are causing trauma and distress amongst parrots through stifling their artistic expression by forcing them to conform to your fascist ideas of what entails a proper script.

*yes, this is deliberate

DianaS
14th-September-2005, 04:19 PM
Admit ones are anti-social and elistist. It's just what I would expect from ceroc :whistle:

dance cat
15th-September-2005, 01:38 PM
Now now boys- if we can't say something nice about admit ones perhaps we shouldn't say anything at all. We should just respect their right to exist and the fact that they have an intrinsic purpose after all :whistle:
LMC could I have some of your popcorn? I have the right change!

under par
15th-September-2005, 01:42 PM
Don't know, don't care, never even seen one.

Snap... why would anybody need one.. surely everyone pays to enter the delights of Ceroc tm :D

TiggsTours
15th-September-2005, 01:49 PM
Snap... why would anybody need one.. surely everyone pays to enter the delights of Ceroc tm :D
Don't be silly! I never said I pay! :rofl:

Lee
15th-September-2005, 01:52 PM
Admit ones are anti-social and elistist. It's just what I would expect from ceroc :whistle:

In what way DianaS are they anti-social and elitist?

I got one yesterday for being a demo for the first time which i think is nice as it gives me free entry next time i want to go to ceroc, can't see why that would be anti-social and elitist?

I would like to see them landscape though, not portrait.

Lee

LMC
15th-September-2005, 02:01 PM
I would just like to say how disgusted I am with the non-blatant sarcasm of some of the respondents on this thread, which seems to be causing some confusion.

From now on, please can all subtlety be removed from any sarcastic or ironic remarks.

Lou
15th-September-2005, 02:03 PM
From now on, please can all subtlety be removed from any sarcastic or ironic remarks.
I think you forgot the :whistle:

ducasi
15th-September-2005, 02:03 PM
From now on, please can all subtlety be removed from any sarcastic or ironic remarks. Was that supposed to be sarcastic? :confused:

LMC
15th-September-2005, 02:11 PM
*gets coat and collects P45 on the way out*

I really really really need to do something about my sense of humour (like get one maybe?)

:whistle: just to keep Lou happy

Lou
15th-September-2005, 02:29 PM
:whistle: just to keep Lou happy
Ach - effort appreciated! :whistle:

ducasi
15th-September-2005, 03:54 PM
*gets coat and collects P45 on the way out*

I really really really need to do something about my sense of humour (like get one maybe?) :whistle:

:wink:

David Franklin
15th-September-2005, 04:00 PM
Back to the topic in hand:

It is well known that portraits are of people, and therefore naturally attuned to dancing, whereas many landscapes are cold and impersonal.

To test this, I did a survey of the 27 admit ones in my wallet. 19 were in portrait orientation and only 8 were in landscape. This clearly proves my point, and shows portrait is in fact the most favourable orientation.

I appreciate some of you logic-bound, not-in-touch-with-your-senses science types will dispute this, but I think we can all see the evidence is clear...

Lee
15th-September-2005, 04:06 PM

It is well known that portraits are of people, and therefore naturally attuned to dancing, whereas many landscapes are cold and impersonal.

To test this, I did a survey of the 27 admit ones in my wallet. 19 were in portrait orientation and only 8 were in landscape. This clearly proves my point, and shows portrait is in fact the most favourable orientation.

I appreciate some of you logic-bound, not-in-touch-with-your-senses science types will dispute this, but I think we can all see the evidence is clear...

No no, i think this is completely unaccepable research........you have not explained why you have so many admits ones. Without the supporting information i'm afraid i can't accept this. Oh too late, Landscape wins.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Lee :)

David Bailey
15th-September-2005, 04:06 PM

Well, I'm sorry, but that's clearly unimportant, because of the small and unrepresentative sample size.

To have a truly representative and statistically meaningful result, you'd need to have examined several thousand cards.

And even then I wouldn't believe it.

David Franklin
15th-September-2005, 04:18 PM
And even then I wouldn't believe it.There are none so blind, as those who will not see... :tears:

And I haven't even got onto the amazing connection between the name David and aerials...