PDA

View Full Version : I think i've killed it!!!

filthycute
13th-September-2005, 03:43 PM
I think i've killed my computer :tears: :tears:
The lovely Scathe and his tweetie very kindly gave me....erm....thingymabob....you know, it's got a USB port and i can stick files on it.....???.....whatever....

Anyway...i tried to put it in my computer, lined it up with the port, tried to shove it in and then my computer went off. I didn't force it in, just a gentle push. The port looks funny now. :eek:

Have i killed it???

:tears: :tears:

fc x

Dreadful Scathe
13th-September-2005, 03:45 PM
oh dear .... which port did you stick it in exactly !?

filthycute
13th-September-2005, 03:52 PM
erm....now i know you only asked that cause i'm rubbish :o

I have 3 USB ports in the back.....the top one.

does that help? :whistle:

fc x

filthycute
13th-September-2005, 03:58 PM
I am now minus the circled part.
Is it bad?? :o

fc x

angelique
13th-September-2005, 04:05 PM
:kiss: :hug: to ya FC

Being a complete muppet myself with ANYTHING technical I sooooooooo completely inderstand the position you're in right now.
The only advice (and best in my opinion) is to make a pot of tea, open a new packet of Jaffa cakes and sit yourself down with the latest edition of Hello magazine and giggle your socks off at the piccies of Jordan and Pete's wedding! Let the puter fairies figure it all out for ya! :wink:

Hope my advice is helpful... :rofl:

Northants Girly
13th-September-2005, 04:16 PM
I am now minus the circled part.
Is it bad?? :o

fc xCheck the floor!

Maybe it is stuck in the thingamybob thing you stuck into it . . . . . if so time to get the tweezers out gal!

Dreadful Scathe
13th-September-2005, 04:30 PM
hmm someone has been a bit rough with it if that bit came off - still you have 2 usb ports left so dont worry that thats broken. Is the USB memory stick/card reader still ok ? Is your computer coming back on ? Im at home today if you want to phone.

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 04:31 PM
Check the floor!

Maybe it is stuck in the thingamybob thing you stuck into it . . . . . if so time to get the tweezers out gal!

and the super glue!..... you can have some mine, I bulk buy!

filthycute
13th-September-2005, 10:50 PM
OK had to run earlier so didn't have time to take the Smurf up on his computer saving mission. Anyway i came back home and holy smokes....it's working! :clap:

So that port is busted now....pah!....i have 4 others :rofl:

Oh and the thingymabob is still ok.

fc x

WittyBird
13th-September-2005, 11:07 PM
OK had to run earlier so didn't have time to take the Smurf up on his computer saving mission. Anyway i came back home and holy smokes....it's working! :clap:

So that port is busted now....pah!....i have 4 others :rofl:

Oh and the thingymabob is still ok.

fc x
the thingymabob is normally referred to as a memory stick, very useful for photos and your cv should you ever need it. Might I suggest that you password protect it as you dont want every tom dick and harry getting hold of it. also depending on what OS you are running it should just plug and play. If your pc is under warranty u can get your usb port fixed :grin:

filthycute
13th-September-2005, 11:34 PM
My PC is a bit dodgy at the moment. I would like to start doing some of my work on it but it currently sucks. I think i may, sometime, whenever, be getting a less embarassing version of windows on (it's got ME just now :sick: :rofl: ) then hopefully it will be a worthy machine for my worky stuff. :D Until then i will refrain from trying to use said memory stick on it. Although it works a treat in the laptop.

fc x

Dreadful Scathe
14th-September-2005, 09:01 AM
ME is only useful as an operating system if you only want to stick your pc in the corner facing the wall and call it names. :)

filthycute
14th-September-2005, 11:53 AM
Well thats pretty much all it does at the moment. Although i use it to play music when i'm in the shower....it's seems to manage that. Dare not push it into, say....using Word or anything complicated :o

And i don't call it names.....for all the hassle it sometimes is, I love it to bits :na:

fc x