PDA

View Full Version : Rep and power thing

stewart38
13th-September-2005, 02:14 PM
ok im stupid

Ive been on this forum over 2yrs and only knew about rep thing a few weeks ago

Now i see people have different power which i assume is to do how long you have been on the forum ??

so if you postive rep someone and had power 3 would that give them + 3 points ?

LMC
13th-September-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes you would add plus 3 to someone's positive rep - but think negative rep works differently.

Power seems to be based on a complex equation of how long you've been on the forum, how many posts, your own reputation and what sort of mood the forum admin/moderator team is in :wink: ( :hug: to you all, I know it's a thankless task sometimes).

ducasi
13th-September-2005, 02:18 PM
How long, much many posts and how much rep.

Power 3 means +3, but minus one or two (power is halved for negative reps.)

stewart38
13th-September-2005, 02:24 PM
last one , how long do you have to wait till you can give +ve or -ve rep again ?

ducasi
13th-September-2005, 02:27 PM
I think it's 10 or 12 reps a day, and you've got to rep 4 or 5 other people before rep-ing someone again.

David Bailey
13th-September-2005, 02:29 PM
( :hug: to you all, I know it's a thankless task sometimes).
Good grief, I thought I was shameless...

Oh, and there's more information about rep in the FAQ (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3458#giverep).

The power thing, I dunno - I think LMC's description is the best I've ever seen though :)

Northants Girly
13th-September-2005, 02:30 PM
last one , how long do you have to wait till you can give +ve or -ve rep again ?So who is the lucky person you are wanting to give some neg rep to Stewart? :whistle:

stewart38
13th-September-2005, 02:38 PM
So who is the lucky person you are wanting to give some neg rep to Stewart? :whistle:

Its all new to me so ill be giving out all positive rep :clap:

Apart from one who told me of for dis agreeing on a thread and gave me -ve rep :mad:

I did look at Q and A but they didnt explain much about the rep system

Lynn
13th-September-2005, 02:47 PM
Its all new to me so ill be giving out all positive rep :clap: If you feel you need to practice sending + rep I'm happy to help. :whistle:

(Or is that your line DJ? )

stewart38
13th-September-2005, 02:58 PM
If you feel you need to practice sending + rep I'm happy to help. :whistle:

(Or is that your line DJ? )

Just think all those yrs of Pi***** people off and i would have never known if was being given -ve . I can only seem to go back to July re what ive received

i wonder what I got for my "musical interpreation of a telephone directory comment" :sick:

Ill be much more careful what i say now

Arent you all wonderfull people

Lynn
13th-September-2005, 03:01 PM
Just think all those yrs of Pi***** people off and i would have never known if was being given -ve . I can only seem to go back to July re what ive received Well you've clearly got a lot more + than - rep.

i wonder what I got for my "musical interpreation of a telephone directory comment" :sick: I think the rep levels were reset (everyone back to the same level) after that. Of course now that you've reminded people... :rofl:

Northants Girly
13th-September-2005, 03:02 PM
Just think all those yrs of Pi***** people off and i would have never known if was being given -ve . I can only seem to go back to July re what ive received
Oh Stewart!

you DO make me laugh :rofl:

stewart38
13th-September-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh Stewart!

you DO make me laugh :rofl:

Im glad to hear it but im not looking for rep as thats give you -ve rep