PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Nights @ Ealing Town Hall

Roger C
12th-September-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi Jivers,

Just to let you know that Nelson and Karen Rose will be taking an Advance class this week and that the freestyle dancing starts at 9 - 11.30 pm!

I would love you to drop me a line with some of your favourite tracks to add to the new playlist. Gradually over the coming weeks we will put together OUR fav dance tunes!

More Freestyle Fun to Come!

Roger C.

Roger C
14th-September-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi there,

I would like to say thanks to all of those who came along with really good dance selections for the playlist and especially the lady who turned up with a disk in hand - we had 3 or 4 wonderful dances off of it. :wink:

Roger C.

Gus
14th-September-2005, 10:48 AM
[snip] and especially the lady who turned up with a disk in hand - we had 3 or 4 wonderful dances off of it. :wink: Was that a Zebra looking woman by chance?

Roger C
14th-September-2005, 10:58 AM
Hiya Gus,

I believe it was, but she wasn't in stripes on this occasion.

Roger C

Zebra Woman
15th-September-2005, 11:32 AM
OK yes it was me. :blush:

Thanks for playing my tracks Roger. I really enjoyed your set. :clap:

I didn't actually feel a need to request stuff that night. I only did it because you'd asked on here! :worthy:

ZW :flower:

CJ
15th-September-2005, 12:30 PM
So, if a kilt wearing DJ was passing on, say Tue 27th :whistle: , would it, hypothetically, be worth his while popping in for a wee spin??

senorita
15th-September-2005, 12:46 PM
So, if a kilt wearing DJ was passing on, say Tue 27th :whistle: , would it, hypothetically, be worth his while popping in for a wee spin??

What a privilege & treat ealing are getting! ;-)

Roger C
28th-September-2005, 01:24 AM

Hi there Ceroc Jock,

It was great to meet you and thanks for the track that you suppied - it was nice to see a number of people from the forum.

Roger

Minnie M
28th-September-2005, 08:15 AM
I was hoping to get there last night, but was feeling poorly :sick:

How was the evening ? Please tell all, negs and pros :flower:

Roger C
30th-September-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi Lynda,

Sorry that you were feeling poorly and missed a good night's dancing.

Just to let you know that I am having some guest DJ's along to help me celebrate my birthday next Tuesday and to let me off the decks to do some dancing. You are booked for a dance if you can make it.

Last week I had lots of good feedback about the music - I have been on the search for some more dancey tunes.

Take care.
Roger x.

Minnie M
30th-September-2005, 02:06 PM
... You are booked for a dance if you can make it.....
thanks Roger, will try and make it :flower:

Roger C
4th-October-2005, 02:51 PM
thanks Roger, will try and make it :flower:

Fingers x that you can.

I will be strutting my stuff on the decks and the dancefloor.

Roger x.

ChrisA
11th-October-2005, 01:16 PM
Anyone know if this is on tonight?

Roger C
11th-October-2005, 04:15 PM
Anyone know if this is on tonight?

Hi Chris,

I have just heard that there is no dancing at Ealing Town Hall tonight, due to staff shortages and the building being closed early. :tears:

All being well things should be back to normal next week. :clap:

Please pass the word on to anyone that you think might be coming along.

Roger.

ChrisA
11th-October-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi Chris,

I have just heard that there is no dancing at Ealing Town Hall tonight, due to staff shortages and the building being closed early. :tears:

Roger.
Thanks, Roger. See you soon, then...

Lory
11th-October-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Chris,

Roger.
Ashtons is open tonight but will be back to Wednesday as usual next week! :)

ChrisA
11th-October-2005, 05:22 PM
Ashtons is open tonight but will be back to Wednesday as usual next week! :)
Far be it from me to speculate as to any connection between this and the Ealing cancellation :innocent:

Bex
12th-October-2005, 11:01 AM
Now, now Chris you must stop being so sceptical :whistle:

Ashtons moved to Tuesday night this week because Wednesday is a Jewish religious day (Yom Kippur). Last year they had a very quiet evening, so decided to move it this year.

ChrisA
12th-October-2005, 11:08 AM
Now, now Chris you must stop being so sceptical :whistle:

Ashtons moved to Tuesday night this week because Wednesday is a Jewish religious day (Yom Kippur). Last year they had a very quiet evening, so decided to move it this year.
No, I meant "far be it from me to speculate that the reason Ealing got cancelled was because such a popular and fab event as an Ashtons evening had moved, so would put further pressure on what is currently only just hanging in there."

Nothing at all about why Ashtons got moved....

... but now that you mention it... :devil: :D

But of course I wasn't speculating thus, so of course I don't need to clarify... :whistle:

David Bailey
12th-October-2005, 01:42 PM
No, I meant "far be it from me to speculate that the reason Ealing got cancelled was because such a popular and fab event as an Ashtons evening had moved
Actually, it sounds like Ashtons was quiet as well. But no, I doubt if the two are connected.

Although as you weren't speculating, you probably wouldn't want to reply either :)

Lory
12th-October-2005, 01:54 PM
Actually, it sounds like Ashtons was quiet as well.
It was quieter than a normal Wednesday but not empty by any stretch of the imagination. I expect lot's of the regulars had things to do, that they usually do on Tuesdays, so just gave dancing a miss altogether this week. ;)

I had a good time nevertheless, there were more men than women and lot's of room! :na:

ChrisA
12th-October-2005, 02:02 PM
But no, I doubt if the two are connected.

I doubt it too.

But next time I feel like a bit of stirring and mischief making for the hell of it, I'll just, er, not bother.... :rolleyes:

... and leave it to those far more skilled in the art than myself... :devil:

El Salsero Gringo
12th-October-2005, 02:38 PM
I doubt it too.

But next time I feel like a bit of stirring and mischief making for the hell of it, I'll just, er, not bother.... :rolleyes:

... and leave it to those far more skilled in the art than myself... :devil:No, do bother - you need the practice :whistle:

bobgadjet
13th-October-2005, 01:09 AM
It was quieter than a normal Wednesday but not empty by any stretch of the imagination. I expect lot's of the regulars had things to do, that they usually do on Tuesdays, so just gave dancing a miss altogether this week. ;)

I had a good time nevertheless, there were more men than women and lot's of room! :na:
Something that was mentioned to me................

"Look at that, there's ahrdly anybody sitting down like they usually do"

Probably because they could ALL get on the dancefloor, and it was full most of the night and GREAT to see.

Thanks to all of you for dancing soooooo much :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bobgadjet
13th-October-2005, 01:10 AM

Something that was mentioned to me................

"Look at that, there's hardly anybody sitting down like they usually do"

Probably because they could ALL get on the dancefloor, and it was full most of the night and GREAT to see.

Thanks to all of you for dancing soooooo much :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Roger C
18th-October-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi Boys and Girls, :tears:

Sorry to add to any speculation out there :wink: - I have been informed that the main hall is required for a council meeting, so no tripping the lightfantastic for us this week. :what:

Roger C. :waycool:

Peter
25th-October-2005, 05:56 PM
Has this been scrapped again ... ?

I received this in an email from Franco yesterday:

Tuesday, at Ealing Town Hall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temporarily closed until after the Jive Weekend at Bognor in January 2006, when we'll re-open with a new format for the evening.