PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Dog are You?

John S
8th-September-2005, 04:29 PM
www.gone2thedogs.com

Click on "Game" on the left of the screen, or on "What Dog are You?" in the RH panel. Click on the red START key, and answer the questions.

For some reason, my alter ego appears to be a Portuguese Water Dog. :what:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-September-2005, 04:35 PM
For some reason, my alter ego appears to be a Portuguese Water Dog. :what:

um...mine too :)

Woof!

drathzel
8th-September-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm A beagle!

LMC
8th-September-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm a Xoloitzcuintli.

Really.

RachD
8th-September-2005, 04:42 PM
I am a ...

BASENJI (ZANDE DOG, CONGO BUSH DOG)

DavidB
8th-September-2005, 04:43 PM
Alaskan Malamute

"Despite its wolfish appearance, this breed is gently and affectionate with a long memory. Owners warn of a natural stubbornness that must be overcome by training.

Highly prized as a sled dog, being capable of surviving in arctic tremperatures and hauling heavy loads on rough terrain."

Tessalicious
8th-September-2005, 04:50 PM
I am a ...

BASENJI (ZANDE DOG, CONGO BUSH DOG)Hey, me too!

Apparently we're smart (naturellement), loving (if you play your cards right), fond of our creature comforts (well, we are female), don't smell like dogs (what a relief :) ) and, um, yodel? :confused:

I'm a Xoloitzcuintli. Well obviously, I could have told you that the moment I met you. Its the ears, you see, pricking up at the faintest whisper of gossip.

TiggsTours
8th-September-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm an English Cocker Spaniel.

I'm energetic, affectionate, gentle, playful, independant, sociable, mederate barker, but don't take too well to teasing.

Feelingpink
8th-September-2005, 04:59 PM
"Norwegian Elkhound

Somewhat wilful in youth, this dog grows up to become an energetic, intelligent & independent adult. Generally good natured, it also adapts to domestic life without any dirty habits and is perfectly reliable with children."

Dreadful Scathe
8th-September-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm A beagle!
Can I scratch behind your ears ? :)

LMC
8th-September-2005, 05:15 PM
Well obviously, I could have told you that the moment I met you. Its the ears, you see, pricking up at the faintest whisper of gossip.
Hmmm, don't remember that bit - besides, my gossip gene is truncated, only the receptor works.

Couldn't work out how to copy/paste the description and too lazy to type it out. But the word "strange" appeared in it. There's a surprise.

Missy D
8th-September-2005, 05:16 PM
I am not any kind of dog so dont even think about sniffing my rear end :rofl:

dee
8th-September-2005, 05:17 PM
Im an Italian Greyhound

Dainty and affectionate house pet easy to train, rarely moults and is odourless.

Cruella
8th-September-2005, 05:20 PM
Apparently i'm a "Finnish Spitz"
Lapps used this dog to hunt Elk and Polar Bears.
Happy to settle into domestic life and good with kids. Happy to have given up hunting bears and now enjoys luxury and pampering.
I like the last bit, very true.

Minnie M
8th-September-2005, 05:27 PM
A German Spitz
Active, intelligent and alert this dog is also a devoted family pet. The GERMAN SPITZ can adapt to life in the town or country but if left unchecked it has a tendency to yap, which can drive the neighbours insane

and I am soooooo pretty :D

Groovy Dancer
8th-September-2005, 05:51 PM
I am a English Foxhound!

Icey
8th-September-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm a Samoyed

Unlike many sled dogs, the sammy lives in the homes of its owners in its native land. It is a devoted family member despite an independant streak.

Hmmmm, not too sure.

JoC
8th-September-2005, 06:04 PM
French Bulldog
"Good natured and courageous this is a delightful companion although owners have to get used to its gentle snuffling. It also has the tendency to wander off and sulk on the rare occasions that it is in disgrace."

I do try to keep the gentle snuffling in check.

El Salsero Gringo
8th-September-2005, 06:10 PM
What a nicely put together site.

I'm a Russian Wolfhound - intelligent and faithful, but somewhat aloof. It does not take kindly to teasing....

Something to work on there, no doubt. By the way, where was the option for 'below average intelligence'? I couldn't find it anywhere.

El Salsero Gringo
8th-September-2005, 06:12 PM
Im an Italian Greyhound

... rarely moults and is odourless.

So pleased to hear that.

azande
8th-September-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm a SALUKI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saluki)

Missy D
8th-September-2005, 06:26 PM
I am and Enteldach Mountain Dog. woof! woof! :)

drathzel
8th-September-2005, 06:41 PM
Can I scratch behind your ears ? :)

Please do :D

Baruch
8th-September-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm an Airedale Terrier.

Stuart
8th-September-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm a Curly Coated Retriever :)

KatieR
8th-September-2005, 07:56 PM
Im a Briard... a French Sheepdog... its not pretty!

A farm worker, kind with a strong but protective instinct. Sensitive and playful and obedient but with a definate mind of my own!

Not the sort you can pat on the head and leave for the rest of the day!

WittyBird
8th-September-2005, 08:07 PM
Im a Coton de Tulear :really:

Winnie
8th-September-2005, 08:27 PM
Australian Terrier

DangerousCurves
8th-September-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm a Munsterlander (small). So lets see what that means...

"The Small Munsterlander is for the most part easy to train and makes a great family companion. Its loyalty and affection are second to none. However, it must be remembered that this is an active and intelligent breed so it naturally will require adequate exercise and mental stimulation when fully matured. " Hmmmm so far so good.... all for a bit of stimulation!

"This should include roadwork and swimming when possible." ROADWORK? Moi??? I think not!

"Most importantly hunting, hunting and more hunting. If left alone Small Munsterlanders have been known to start hunting on their own. " Its all lies... I've been vegetarian for 22 years...

"Regular grooming is necessary to remove dead hair but the task is elementary and can be done once a week." Once a Week??? I wish....

"The Small Munsterlander is very even charactered in all respects and non-aggressive to its master or pack members (family). The Small Munsterlander is an elegant and strong dog with a lot of self-confidence. It is a versatile hunting dog that combines desire, intelligence, and devotion " Humph... elegant, intelligent and brimming with desire - now that sounds a bit more like it! :whistle:

BeeBee
9th-September-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm a Koooiaki something or other - used for scaring DUCKS out of the water!! :confused: :eek:

murphy
9th-September-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm a CLUMBER SPANIEL.

Apparently gentle, sweet and pleasant... (sounds right so far)... The most easygoing of the hunting breeds... (well, yeah)... Clumbers will get along with other dogs... (anyone want to join me in my kennel?)... Make sure you have good chew toys for them... (don't come to the kennel empty handed :whistle: )...

DavidY
9th-September-2005, 01:24 PM
Apparently I'm a BRACCO ITALIANO (ITALIAN SETTER).

It says here I have "pendulous ears and a kindly expression". :whistle:

Feelingpink
9th-September-2005, 03:47 PM
What a nicely put together site.

I'm a Russian Wolfhound - intelligent and faithful, but somewhat aloof. It does not take kindly to teasing....

Something to work on there, no doubt. By the way, where was the option for 'below average intelligence'? I couldn't find it anywhere.That will be in the same place as "small" condoms. :devil:

Sparkles
9th-September-2005, 05:15 PM
Apparently I'm a border collie

dance cat
9th-September-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm a Munsterlander- apparently I like lots of exercise. Well only if asked in the right way :whistle:

Piglet
9th-September-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm a Hungarian Puli - used to herd sheep and has lovely shaggy hair :D

I so wanted to be an English Bull Terrier until I saw its picture - its a darling!! I'm well chuffed! :D

Tiggerbabe
10th-September-2005, 08:18 AM
Basenji (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basenji) for me too :nice:

Rhythm King
10th-September-2005, 06:07 PM
Welsh Corgi for me

Outgoing, active and intelligent, these were once fine working animals. ~snip~ However have become heavier and less agile over the years

Yup, sounds about right :blush:

Tiggerbabe
10th-September-2005, 09:13 PM
Aw! :scratches RK behind his ear: :hug:

Night Owl
10th-September-2005, 10:01 PM
I`m a Canaan Dog

Nice looking beastie

unlike myself

must be a bit like our collie as its used for as a sheep dog in Israel

Lucy Locket
11th-September-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm A beagle!

I'm a beagle too :clap: :clap:

Lucy Locket
11th-September-2005, 09:48 AM
Apparently I'm a BRACCO ITALIANO (ITALIAN SETTER).

It says here I have "pendulous ears and a kindly expression". :whistle:

oh that is so you :clap:

Lucy Locket
11th-September-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm a Xoloitzcuintli.

Really.

trust you to be different :rofl:

Jive Brummie
11th-September-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm a Pharoah Hound...

I sphinx there must be some mistake......da dum tsch!

JB x x

filthycute
11th-September-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm a coton du tulear

fc x

ElaineB
11th-September-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm a Dachshund - 'lively and affectionate, with an independent, willful and clownish streak' - yup, that's me!!! I 'like to bark and am suprisingly loud for my size' - spot on, anyone who has heard me supporting at a competition would agree! :rofl:

Elaine

Claire S
11th-September-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm a Shetland Sheepdog....

"A small Collie-type dog with a handsome rough & long luxurious mane, the Shetland makes a most agreeable household pet.
Intelligent, faithful, sociable & obedient. (obedient?? :what: )
The perfect family member."

I'm Lassie :really:

Anna
12th-September-2005, 04:36 AM
I'm a coton du tulear

fc x

Me too! :D

Sheepman
12th-September-2005, 12:44 PM
This dog thing is all just a bit too scary for me :eek:

But apparently I'm a
BERGER DE PICARD (PICARDY SHEPHERD)

an ugly hairy looking thing, but it seems I'm an "unsurpassed worker with both cattle and sheep" an "energetic and affectionate animal ... devoted to children" :what:

Greg

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm Lassie :really:

Well it kinda figures!!!! :D It was either going to be that or a st bernard! (no i am not offending claire, but its in relation to her job!) :flower:

johnthehappyguy
12th-September-2005, 09:25 PM
Well it kinda figures!!!! :D It was either going to be that or a st bernard! (no i am not offending claire, but its in relation to her job!) :flower:

If I were a St Bernard at least I'd get brandy!!

John S
13th-September-2005, 12:32 PM
If I were a St Bernard at least I'd get brandy!!
Phew! Thank goodness the "B" key is functioning on your keyboard. :whistle:

Piglet
13th-September-2005, 05:48 PM
Phew! Thank goodness the "B" key is functioning on your keyboard. :whistle:

why what's a Sternard?? :confused: :confused: :wink:

Little Monkey
13th-September-2005, 06:20 PM
Im a Briard... a French Sheepdog... its not pretty!

A farm worker, kind with a strong but protective instinct. Sensitive and playful and obedient but with a definate mind of my own!

Not the sort you can pat on the head and leave for the rest of the day!

Hey!!!! Whaddayamean, not pretty?????? I LOVE this breed - my family has had 5 of these beasties over the years, and my brother just got a new Briard pup three weeks ago! They're fantastic dogs - and the above description is spot on - but they left out 'extremely intelligent'.

Angelina
13th-September-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm an English cocker spaniel!?

Dizzy
14th-September-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm an English Cocker Spaniel.

I'm energetic, affectionate, gentle, playful, independant, sociable, mederate barker, but don't take too well to teasing.

Me too!!!

Purple Sparkler
14th-September-2005, 02:15 PM
Alaskan Malamute

"Despite its wolfish appearance, this breed is gently and affectionate with a long memory. Owners warn of a natural stubbornness that must be overcome by training.

Highly prized as a sled dog, being capable of surviving in arctic tremperatures and hauling heavy loads on rough terrain."

Snap.

Aleks
14th-September-2005, 03:51 PM
A German Spitz
Active, intelligent and alert this dog is also a devoted family pet. The GERMAN SPITZ can adapt to life in the town or country but if left unchecked it has a tendency to yap, which can drive the neighbours insane

and I am soooooo pretty :D

Me too!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
14th-September-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm a Welsh Terrier *woof woof* I'm a fun dog, with a silly face. Energetic, affectionate, and good with kids. When they say silly, I hope they mean playful

Hevmac
14th-September-2005, 10:43 PM
omg! i am a jack russell terrier!!
what is so funny is i own one!........am i turning into him already?? :eek:
:rofl: :rofl:
i don't bite ankles.....honest!Xx :innocent:

Little Monkey
20th-September-2005, 03:51 PM
Incredibly freaky!

I've tried this twice - first time I wasn't really honest, but ended up being some sheepdog breed. Second time I tried to be more honest, and ended up being a Border Collie, which is what I own! Well, they do say that owners and dogs are alike....