PDA

View Full Version : tea dance Sunday 11 Sept

Rachel
8th-September-2005, 11:43 AM
Just a thought – if anyone fancies a dance this Sunday (11 Sept), there's a tea dance at Milton Keynes (Bletchley) from 5.30-10.30pm.

Details/directions are on the Ceroc Central web page. The last one was brilliant with the Jive Aces there. Me & Marc will be there, of course, and it would be great to see any forumites who can’t make it to the usual Wednesday classes.

Otherwise, hope to meet up with loads of you at Southport! So excited already – how many days now, UP??? Minnie – we are going to miss you - it really won’t be the same without you there...

Rachel

tsh
8th-September-2005, 12:10 PM
It's a little bit far, but I was thinking about it. Especially if I end up working all weekend!

Sean

Gill (Norwich)
8th-September-2005, 12:13 PM
I am thinking about this one too.
Anyone else making the journey ?

LMC
8th-September-2005, 12:16 PM
Also tempted, as President seems to have been cancelled due to high tide. Worth the trip for 5 hours dancing :waycool:

I'll decide at about 3 pm on Sunday.

Rachel
8th-September-2005, 01:41 PM
... I'll decide at about 3 pm on Sunday. You sound as bad as us! :wink: Do hope you can make it! :hug:

Gill & Sean, too - I don't think we've met yet, have we? It would be lovely to see you there. Please come and find me to say hello.
R. x

Gill (Norwich)
8th-September-2005, 01:51 PM
You sound as bad as us! :wink: Do hope you can make it! :hug:

Gill & Sean, too - I don't think we've met yet, have we? It would be lovely to see you there. Please come and find me to say hello.
R. x
I was at Tywford Saturday but we didn't get to speak. I did however spend time admiring both of you dance - you were both constantly busy on the dance floor.
If I can find company in the car (hoping my daughter can come) we will see you Sunday, (if not next weekend at Southport).

Rachel
8th-September-2005, 02:41 PM
I was at Tywford Saturday but we didn't get to speak. I did however spend time admiring both of you dance - you were both constantly busy on the dance floor.
If I can find company in the car (hoping my daughter can come) we will see you Sunday, (if not next weekend at Southport). Oh I'm so sorry I missed meeting you at Twyford, Gill! I'll do my very best to find you at Milton Keynes or Southport.

Looks like we'll be able to make it to Southport's forum reception this time, too!! (Thanks Dazzle for the timetable. :cheers: )
Rachel

Danger Mouse
8th-September-2005, 03:20 PM
Mrs DM & myself have it on our plans. We’ve been there once before.

Hmmm! Intresting ceiling if I remember correctly

Minnie M
8th-September-2005, 03:29 PM
....... Southport! So excited already – how many days now, UP??? Minnie – we are going to miss you - it really won’t be the same without you there...
:hug: thank you Rachel :kiss: Wish I had booked now :tears: and blown the consequences - it feels really strange not going when everyone else is (well nearly everyone) - but it was a money thing :sad:

Gonna miss ya all :tears: :tears: hopefully we can meet up at the BFG :clap: or Camber :flower:

angelique
8th-September-2005, 07:03 PM
Now this sounds like a fabulous idea! :clap:

Having recently starting frequenting Marc and Rachels venue in my quest to find somewhere brill to dance now that I have moved back to the Midlands I would like to take this opportunity to share with all you guys on here how FAB this place is! :worthy: :kiss: :hug:

The venue is sooooo lovely, the people are soooo friendly, the dancing is GREAT, the DJ plays a GREAT set which I have a sneaky suspicion is HEAVILY influenced by our Marc :whistle: and they are THE perfect hosts! :drool:
I even got asked to dance when I went!!!! :drool: :yum: :worthy: :flower:

Everyone is made to feel welcome, nothing is too much trouble for these guys and it's such a pleasure to go in, pay your money and have a FABULOUS time....25.5 out of 10!

Give it a blast and see if I'm not wrong....if I am then I shall see you in the truth or dare thread :eek:

I know if my children and hubby give me parole for good behaviour this weekend where I shall be on sunday afternoon :waycool:

Lynn
8th-September-2005, 11:01 PM
Minnie – we are going to miss you - it really won’t be the same without you there... :yeah:

Gill (Norwich)
9th-September-2005, 01:19 PM
I know if my children and hubby give me parole for good behaviour this weekend where I shall be on sunday afternoon :waycool:
Hope you get parole, it would be good to mmet you.

bigdjiver
9th-September-2005, 04:54 PM
Me too.

WittyBird
9th-September-2005, 07:28 PM
I will be there ! :D think I am dragging stewart38 along as well :rolleyes: but if his weekend goes well he wont be there :wink: :rofl:

Yogi_Bear
9th-September-2005, 11:21 PM
Oh I'm so sorry I missed meeting you at Twyford, Gill! I'll do my very best to find you at Milton Keynes or Southport.

Looks like we'll be able to make it to Southport's forum reception this time, too!! (Thanks Dazzle for the timetable. :cheers: )
Rachel
Rachel, I'll gladly introduce you to Gill at Southport unless she findsyou first...which seems likely, as I doubt that I will be there in time for the Forum reception on Friday. But I've seen the timetable (thanks dazzle) and I think I shall be taking in Cuban blues, again, and maybe a dance or two :wink:

Milton keynes sounds good - I'll have to try that out sometime.... :D
Ian

Gill (Norwich)
11th-September-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, we are definately coming today, but won't be able to make it until about 7.30pm :clap:
Look forward to seeing some forumites there.

LMC
12th-September-2005, 09:07 AM
Lovely venue, friendly people - had a great time, thanks all :)

For four hours plus of freestyle, well worth the trip :D

Northants Girly
12th-September-2005, 10:54 AM
Lovely venue, friendly people - had a great time, thanks all :)

For four hours plus of freestyle, well worth the trip :DWhere were you hiding? :confused:

tsh
12th-September-2005, 12:43 PM
Where were you hiding? :confused:
I wasn't hiding - but I didn't recognise you from your avatar...

Nice to put a few faces to names though.

Sean

Gill (Norwich)
12th-September-2005, 01:13 PM
Had a great night at Milton Keynes, definately worth our long journey. Seems other people think the same as I spoke to a few people who had put in a few miles to get there. Being a woman I loved the lights s :)
Was great to see Rachel & Marc, LMC, TSH, Bigdjiver, Zebrawoman, DavidY, and thanks men for the dances, didn't get to meet Angelique, Northantsgirly, or Mr & Mrs Danger Mouse - were you there? :confused:
There were four of us in my car (3 from Norwich, and 1 from Cambridge) and we are all ready to repeat this great event in the near future. :clap:
It was good to see other people I knew there from Dance Holidays, and new peolple that have told me to look out for them at Southport - what a freindly lot they all are in Milton Keynes :hug:

Rachel
12th-September-2005, 04:54 PM
Had a great night at Milton Keynes, definately worth our long journey. Seems other people think the same as I spoke to a few people who had put in a few miles to get there. Being a woman I loved the lights s :)
Was great to see Rachel & Marc, LMC, TSH, Bigdjiver, Zebrawoman, DavidY, and thanks men for the dances, didn't get to meet Angelique, Northantsgirly, or Mr & Mrs Danger Mouse - were you there? :confused:
There were four of us in my car (3 from Norwich, and 1 from Cambridge) and we are all ready to repeat this great event in the near future. :clap:
It was good to see other people I knew there from Dance Holidays, and new peolple that have told me to look out for them at Southport - what a freindly lot they all are in Milton Keynes :hug: Wonderful to see you all there - esp those of you who had huge journeys to make. It was great to meet you and I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. :cheers:

Roll on Southport, eh!!!

Sean, you are a fantastic dancer - such a shame you won't be there this weekend!

Rachel

Rachel
12th-September-2005, 05:00 PM
Now this sounds like a fabulous idea! :clap: ... Angelique - wow, what a lovely post!! :flower: :kiss: It's wonderful to have you come over - everybody always seems to be smiling when they are around you. Now, if your presence doesn't attract all the men to MK, I don't know what will!!
R. xx

Danger Mouse
12th-September-2005, 08:28 PM
.........or Mr & Mrs Danger Mouse - were you there? :confused:

Sadly, we couldn't make it in the end. I'm on-call for work at the moment and was called out twice Sunday morning grrrr! I felt it was a little risky to travel Sunday evening, so we decided not to go.

Now for the good news, as from Wednesday I'm no longer on-call for a week, so Southport here I come.

Gill (Norwich)
12th-September-2005, 10:52 PM
Now for the good news, as from Wednesday I'm no longer on-call for a week, so Southport here I come.
Will look out for you both at Southport then :clap: