PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Yell or Twyford??

wicked blue
8th-September-2005, 02:54 AM
Rebel Yell and Twyford fall on the same evening of the first saturday in October, wondered who's going where for that one??

Minnie M
8th-September-2005, 06:16 AM
Rebel Yell and Twyford fall on the same evening of the first saturday in October, wondered who's going where for that one??
As much as I love Twyford, Rebel Yell only happens once a year and it should not IMHO not be missed.

West Coast Swing is getting more and more popular and it is a such lovely dance, if you haven't tried it yet, make this your debut, and if you have you will get this very very special chance of being taught by two of the best.

If you thought Jordan & Tatiana were amazing, wait till you see Sarah & Kyle :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: they are my personal favourites of all the American Pros - great teachers and incredible dancers

BTW the rest of the teacher line up is great too :worthy:

Real shame this has clashed with Twyford :tears:

Divissima
8th-September-2005, 10:26 PM
Rebel Yell and Twyford fall on the same evening of the first saturday in October, wondered who's going where for that one??G'day, wb! How's the sun on the Gold Coast (and the dancing)?

As for the RY/Twyford dilemma - I know where I'll be (I take my groupie duties very seriously) :devil:

Piglet
8th-September-2005, 10:32 PM
Rebel Yell and Twyford ??

Hi there wicked blue.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but if this helps I'd go for the Rebel Yell one no 2 doubts (I think :confused: ) but only cos it was my favourite record for many many many years! It was MY song at the alternative club I went to and quite often I'd have the dance floor all to myself!! :D :waycool: (Just realised - does this mean that everyone else thought it was a cr@p song? Obviously they have absolutely no taste if that's the case) I even wanted it for my funeral song, but reckon I'm gonna have "Come up and See Me Make Me Smile" instead - cos that idea just tickles me and I love that song to bits.

Anyway - let me know which one you go for and why cos I'm curious as to whether my suggestion is any help whatsoever to you (if it is then you are either as mad as me or you know something I don't :wink: :wink: )

Mary
9th-September-2005, 11:38 AM
Kyle and Sarah :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: wow, what an opportunity!!!!

M

Almost an Angel
9th-September-2005, 12:20 PM
I know you can sometimes find me at Twyford (when I'm allowed to dance) and it's always a great night but I'll be at Rebel Yell this time.
Kyle and Sarah teaching :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: is just too good an opportunity to miss.

Angel x

Sheepman
9th-September-2005, 01:24 PM
It has to be Rebel Yell for me too, duty calls, as do Kyle and Sarah. :worthy: I hadn't realised I'd be going head to head with TwK on the decks though. :blush:

Greg

Minnie M
9th-September-2005, 04:46 PM
It has to be Rebel Yell for me too, duty calls ......... I'd be going head to head with TwK on the decks though.
:clap: does this mean you will be DJing in the swing room :D :D :D

LMC
9th-September-2005, 04:49 PM
I can't do either :tears: Was hoping to do a couple of WCS classes @Southport, would have been nice to get a follow up :(

I have a (non-dancing) friend visiting that weekend, and I already moved her visit, planned ages ago, for Southport :blush: - bless her for understanding, but can't possibly do that to her again :eek:

wicked blue
11th-September-2005, 11:24 AM
G'day, wb! How's the sun on the Gold Coast (and the dancing)?

As for the RY/Twyford dilemma - I know where I'll be (I take my groupie duties very seriously) :devil:

Hey divissima!!

Gold coast was beautiful!! Off to Melbourne tommorow where we hope to catch up on some dancing! :yeah: Got withdrawals going on!! (Its been nearly two weeks since i danced last.. :sick: !!)

Well the whole Twyford and Rebel Roc thing is a toughie!! Though i've heard on the grape vine that a ticket to Rebel Roc has been bought for me, so decision made!!

Hope your well

wb xxx :flower:

wicked blue
11th-September-2005, 11:27 AM
Anyway - let me know which one you go for and why cos I'm curious as to whether my suggestion is any help whatsoever to you (if it is then you are either as mad as me or you know something I don't :wink: :wink: )

Hi Piglet,

Thanks for your advice and on the strength of that i'm going to Rebel Roc!! :wink:...Well i'd like to say it was just that!!

Will you be venturing to this evening of dancing delights??

Piglet
11th-September-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi Wicked Blue!

I somehow think that it is nowhere near Aberdeen, Scotland?? So I will have to pass on it this time ;)

Hope you have a fab time though - it sounds like a good one! :clap:

Sheepman
12th-September-2005, 12:48 PM
:clap: does this mean you will be DJing in the swing room :D :D :D Don't forget the blues too... :drool:
I don't know if I'll be sharing the evening with anyone else yet though.

Greg

JoC
12th-September-2005, 12:53 PM
Question about Rebel Yell evening party, if you haven't done any WCS before or been to the daytime workshops is it going to be really difficult to dance in the evening? :confused:

Geordieed
12th-September-2005, 01:42 PM
Question about Rebel Yell evening party, if you haven't done any WCS before or been to the daytime workshops is it going to be really difficult to dance in the evening? :confused:

Rebel Yell is a 90+% Modern Jive. In fact this year will be the first year that the Ceroc organisation will responsible for the event. WCS will be one of many dances being taught there but for people doing WCS it presents a good opportunity to meet and dance. The majority of the people doing WCS have a MJ background and have been attracted by the prospect of seeing one of the top WCS couples in action.

For me it's a question of whether the WCS dancers will have a good run of tracks that can be danced to. The main hall will no doubt continue to give an excellent evening to MJ. The smaller room on the floor above, I hope, will provide music that is fractionally slower and has a greater appeal for musicality. In years gone by it has also attracted the WCS guest teachers as a place to freestyle the majority of the evening.

Minnie M
13th-September-2005, 07:59 AM
.......For me it's a question of whether the WCS dancers will have a good run of tracks that can be danced to. The main hall will no doubt continue to give an excellent evening to MJ. The smaller room on the floor above, I hope, will provide music that is fractionally slower and has a greater appeal for musicality. In years gone by it has also attracted the WCS guest teachers as a place to freestyle the majority of the evening.

Fear not dear Geordieed - I believe the Sheepman is our DJ :worthy: in the small room

Geordieed
13th-September-2005, 01:52 PM
Fear not dear Geordieed - I believe the Sheepman is our DJ :worthy: in the small room

Hi Minnie,

I had heard the Sheepman was going to be DJ. Can Sheepman tell us if he is sharing responsibilities with anyone else. The room upstairs at RebelYell has helped a great deal to place DJ's on the map. There is always an interesting fusion of styles coming together via the music played. Really looking forward to the Friday through to the Sunday.

Last year the room was a victim of its' own success on the numbers that it attracted.

Tessalicious
13th-September-2005, 02:28 PM
Finally can officially say - I'm coming to RebelYell! :clap:

Really looking forward to the first time I'm not going to be too scared to come over to the swing/blues room! And of course fab workshops with lots of amazing teachers, I just hope I can take it all in. And of course, hope I'll get dances with some of you lovely forumites, and maybe even meet some I don't already know!

Sheepman
13th-September-2005, 02:45 PM
Last year the room was a victim of its' own success on the numbers that it attracted. Also the year before, will I play some dodgy tracks to try and thin it out a bit? :devil:

Provisionally, I'm playing 8 till 10, then midnight to 1 a.m. (which I plan to make more bluesy if there is the demand for it), I don't know who I'll be sharing with yet.

Greg

Minnie M
13th-September-2005, 02:50 PM
DD played a brilliant WCS set for Jordan & Tat fan club, last June at Southport - every one a winner :worthy: absolutely amazing :clap: :worthy: :clap:

Wish he could share the slot with Sheepy :tears:

DavidB
14th-September-2005, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately I have just found out I'm going to be working on Sat 1 Oct, so I have one full ticket (ie daytime workshops and evening dance) for Rebel Yell for sale for £45. If anyone wants it then please PM me.

DavidB

DavidB
14th-September-2005, 06:26 PM
so I have one full ticket (ie daytime workshops and evening dance) for Rebel Yell for sale for £45. This has now been sold.

Minnie M
14th-September-2005, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately I have just found out I'm going to be working on Sat 1 Oct...........
No..................... :tears:

Wot about the evening :yeah: it really will not be the same without you :sad:

Geordieed
15th-September-2005, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE Wot about the evening :yeah: it really will not be the same without you :sad:[/QUOTE]

Ditto...

Can you make anything else either side of that day...