PDA

View Full Version : Stevenage

LMC
7th-September-2005, 11:34 PM
Just got back (it's 10 minutes drive from home :D )

An under-rated and under-attended venue :sad: - and only 20 minutes up the A1M from Junction 23 of the M25 (OK, 30 minutes if UP is following you :whistle: :blush: )

Jon Brett runs the wheels of steel and was on great form tonight :clap:

The hall floor has just been redone and size/quality-wise compares well with Chesham/Finchley. The bar is well-stocked but unfortunately closes at about 9.45 - however, free water is of course available after that.

The natives are generally friendly (except for me, I'm horrible) - but it's JUST TOO QUIET - only about 30-odd couples tonight tops + spare women, had thinned out to about 10 couples by 10.30 :eek:

So if you fancy a change of scene and want some floor space :drool: - come up and see us sometime

PS Adam has NOT paid me for this :whistle:

Allez-Cat
7th-September-2005, 11:41 PM
I'd not picked up that Stevenage is back on stream. Good - I've been nosing around Bletchley (sorry, Milton Keynes) and others in the meantime, but Stevenage is handier.

The locals are indeed friendly, and I want to know when the next free ice-cream van night is!

LMC
7th-September-2005, 11:52 PM
I'd not picked up that Stevenage is back on stream. Good - I've been nosing around Bletchley (sorry, Milton Keynes) and others in the meantime, but Stevenage is handier.

The locals are indeed friendly, and I want to know when the next free ice-cream van night is!
First night back tonight and surprisingly actually busier than normal!

Come & say hello, JB will be able to point me out.

No sign of ice-cream for ages, but now Pat & Gina are back in the saddle again maybe that will change...

Paul F
8th-September-2005, 12:00 AM
My first venue.
I love it so much :blush:

I can only speak from experience from a couple of years ago but JB, Pat, Gina and Adam made a fantastic night of it which may be why I stuck with Ceroc.

Glad to hear its picking up again after having the floor re-laid. Hope to get back there one day soon.