6th-September-2005, 09:17 AM
From a Ceroc OZ email

"Get a special autographed copy of Steve's NEW DVD's filmed at the Anzac
Club, here in Sydney, just 11 days ago, just $35. The DVD's are only available
either directly from Steve or through Ceroc Australia."
:tears:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 09:19 AM
I just assumed by the thread title you were going to post a link to the interpol site ;)

JoC
6th-September-2005, 09:36 AM
Can we have him back soon please?

Little Monkey
6th-September-2005, 10:29 AM
Can we have him back soon please?
:yeah:
Send him back, please!

Baby Peaches
6th-September-2005, 12:16 PM
Send him back, please!

Yeah, triple :yeah: !!

He's coming to Norway in October :clap: !! He's definitely becoming an international star!!

Funky Mado
6th-September-2005, 05:02 PM
Send him back, please!

Back in a week or so I think :)

FM :flower:

Piglet
6th-September-2005, 06:23 PM
From a Ceroc OZ email

"Get a special autographed copy of Steve's NEW DVD's filmed at the Anzac
Club, here in Sydney, just 11 days ago, just $35. The DVD's are only available
either directly from Steve or through Ceroc Australia."
:tears:

I've already booked a copy :D

Can't wait to hear all his news! And see this fab DVD! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
6th-September-2005, 06:54 PM
I just assumed by the thread title you were going to post a link to the interpol site ;)
will this help ?
http://www.ceroc.com.au/dancemania/
or
http://www.cerocwiki.com/index.php/DanceMania_2005

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 07:25 PM
aha It has a review of the man himself.

"Steve Lampert, DJ and Modern Jive Teacher extraordinaire, as well as regular contributor to the CMJ Forum under the name of The Tramp, has taught Modern Jive around the UK over the last three and a half years, and has also made guest teaching appearances in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne in recent times.

Steve loves to show off his dance skills and as a result has placed at every UK jive competition he has entered since he started competing in 2001.

But what is his secret weapon...? Rumour has it, it's something to do with "Double Trouble", but we'll just have to wait and see what that's all about at DanceMania 2005..."

what IS his secret weapon ? :)

Piglet
7th-September-2005, 12:38 AM
what IS his secret weapon ? :)

His cuddles do it for me! ;)

David Bailey
7th-September-2005, 07:56 AM
"Steve Lampert... as well as regular contributor to the CMJ Forum under the name of The Tramp... "
Ummm... :innocent:

ducasi
7th-September-2005, 09:00 AM
Ummm... :innocent:
That's the ozzie CMJ forum, rather than the Ceroc Scotland forum. Can't you tell the difference by the accent? :wink:

David Bailey
7th-September-2005, 09:05 AM
That's the ozzie CMJ forum, rather than the Ceroc Scotland forum. Can't you tell the difference by the accent? :wink:
There are Other Forums? :confused:

ducasi
7th-September-2005, 09:21 AM
There are Other Forums? :confused: Didn't you hear the rumours? Apparently they're true!!! :sick:

spindr
7th-September-2005, 09:28 AM
More forums, as requested: http://www.afterfive.co.uk/Forum-links.html
SpinDr

Gus
9th-September-2005, 10:30 PM
Steve loves to show off his dance skills and as a result has placed at every UK jive competition he has entered since he started competing in 2001.[Bitch Mode ON]Ahem ... don't seem to remember Steve being with us in the Blackpool Final in 2002 ... and don't remember him on the podium in 2003 .... urrrrr, could there be a slight discrepancy in this statement? :whistle: [Bitch Mode OFF]

Andreas
10th-September-2005, 01:25 AM
[Bitch Mode ON]Ahem ... don't seem to remember Steve being with us in the Blackpool Final in 2002 ... and don't remember him on the podium in 2003 .... urrrrr, could there be a slight discrepancy in this statement? :whistle: [Bitch Mode OFF]

I do remembr a Jive Masters where he should have progressed to the finals but didn't. So call it artistic freedom but who cares. This is only important down-under because they rate people almost exclusively by competition results. :flower:

Tiggerbabe
10th-September-2005, 08:32 AM
[Bitch Mode ON]Ahem ... don't seem to remember Steve being with us in the Blackpool Final in 2002 ... and don't remember him on the podium in 2003 .... urrrrr, could there be a slight discrepancy in this statement? :whistle: [Bitch Mode OFF]
Possibly not...........as it does say " every competition he has entered" :whistle:

Steve and his partner Carol were placed 3rd in the airsteps competition in Blackpool 2002.

Gary
10th-September-2005, 08:39 AM
I do remembr a Jive Masters where he should have progressed to the finals but didn't. So call it artistic freedom but who cares. This is only important down-under because they rate people almost exclusively by competition results. :flower:
We do? All of us? :really:

timbp
10th-September-2005, 09:58 AM

I don't. Personally I use a simply index:

1. first time I dance with somebody counts for nothing

2. when I approach somebody I've danced with before and she smiles and agrees to a dance: +1

3. when I approach somebody I've danced with before and she tries to hide or runs screaming or otherwise indicates she does not want to dance with me again: -1

4. when somebody I've previously danced with asks me for a dance: +2

My index is currently positive (and not close to zero).

Who needs competition results?

Dreadful Scathe
10th-September-2005, 11:42 AM
Possibly not...........as it does say " every competition he has entered" :whistle:

...and Jivemasters isnt a competition you can enter. So we cant really argue with that statememt :)

Andreas
10th-September-2005, 01:00 PM

My apologies, that may have been a bit generalised. Though, the value of competitions and their respective results is immensely more important in OZ and NZ than it is over here. :flower:

Gus
11th-September-2005, 02:09 PM
My apologies, that may have been a bit generalised. Though, the value of competitions and their respective results is immensely more important in OZ and NZ than it is over here. :flower:Maybe, but I've been teaching fair while in NZ and invited to teach some more but I dont exactly have an awe-inspiring Competition CV :sick: .

ji vep
11th-September-2005, 09:30 PM
I have to say that Gus has a point regarding competition status, cos I don't think it matters. If you do well in competitions than fabulous and well done but it doesn't necessarily effect your own teaching ability's.
I myself have taught in Sydney for Ceroc Australia and as a rule I generally don't compete because I don't enjoy it.
I taught twice in Sydney, Woolomoloo and Chatswood and the class feedback was very positive and so I don't think that your class in judged on competition results but by how you convey your instructions to your class. :waycool: