PDA

View Full Version : Subversion in the fruit & vege

Feelingpink
6th-September-2005, 08:14 AM
My sister is in an acapella singing group that has just returned from the Edinburgh festival. She told me that while there, the group members one by one went into Tesco, coats on, baskets to the ready at the busiest time of the day. The group co-ordinator was the last to arrive - and when she did, she went to the fruit & vege aisle, stripped off her coat, sang "Da da da da da da". In response, the remainder of the group threw off their coats and joined in singing "Big Spender", complete with my sister twirling a long, orange feather boa then put their coats on and left quietly.

Apparently, it also appeared to be a time when shifts were changing, so no-one stopped them. A Harry Potter look-alike student Tesco shelf-stacker (in the yoghurts) was so stunned, he went to get a colleague, but when they returned, the singing had stopped and the group dispersed.

I love the subversive nature of this, especially bearing in mind the figures on UK Tesco spending and the fact that not one of the group bought anything. It made my day ... and I wondered if anyone else has stories of fun subversion?

Icey
6th-September-2005, 08:20 AM
:rofl: :rofl: That is fabulous!!! I wish I could have seen it, it would have made my day.

Unfortunately I not all that subversive, I'm just a good little accounting icicle :blush: