PDA

View Full Version : Scot Champs

Easter Bunny
5th-September-2005, 02:36 PM
Can I just say a BIG THANK YOU :flower: :hug: :clap:
to everyone in Musselburgh and Edingburgh for making our visit to great.

We had a fantastic friendly welcome from the time we arrived on Thursday evening (starting at the Salsa bar and some great dances) then on to our 'shopping / sightseeing' day on Friday - everyone in your shops are so warm, polite and friendly (Bristol shop assistants please take note - not wishing to offend anyone personally :whistle: ) then......

The Friday night pre comp dance - a great atmosphere, fantastic dances (even managed to get one with Viktor - always a massive pleasure) then....

the Comp on Saturday - great day for the Bristol contingent with Elaine and Simon winning the showcase, Becky and Matt winning the advanced and Mark and Lizzie winning the Intermediates - not bad eh ? PLUS - Viktor asked ME to dance ??????? - I am still recovering from that one !

Lasting vision of the event was watching Viktor and Jenni Harrison storming for about 4 tracks I think - amazing interpretation and lead to follow, fantastic footwork and they did'nt look at their feet once!

Thank you to Johnny (teaches)from Nottingham or Newcastle (sorry can't remember)my DWAS partner for getting me to the semi final, a lovely dancer.

and lastly big :hug: to Elizabeth Mitchell, who very kindly offered to let us stay with her for the weekend, but last week unfortunately tore her archilles tendon and is now in plaster, on crutches and quite a lot of pain so was unable to take part. Needless to say we booked into a hotel so as not to add to her problems. Make a speedy recovery Elizabeth, and if ever you want to visit Bristol, your welcome to stay anytime. :flower:

Can't wait till next year.