PDA

View Full Version : Man/ Woman of the Match?

filthycute
5th-September-2005, 12:23 PM
After such a great weekend does anyone else have a person who really made it a great time for you? For any reason whatsoever. Maybe because they rescued your outfit, had your best dance with, listened to your problems, or were generally just a great laugh.

I tend to have people stuck in my head who make me look back fondly at certain weekenders.

For instance in Southport June it was Ed. I had the most amazing dance with him, it really blew me away and made my weekend.

This Scotland comp was Keith. He's a wonderful person and fantastic to dance with. He really made me smile. And to watch him dance with Victoria was a sight to behold :worthy: Janie looked beautiful as always.... pregnancy suits her very very well. She was glowing :hug: I think he's one of the luckiest guys alive.

And of course raspberry blowing is fun too :rofl: I thought i die laughing!!!!

Thank you Keith for being a the wonderful person you are.....even though i nearly knocked out your teeth at Southport :o

Melanie x

Lee
5th-September-2005, 12:30 PM
I know what you mean, on Saturday at Putney I had 4 amazing dances with someone that was reasonable new to Ceroc, the eye contact was great, she followed all my moves well, and had already developed a lovely style.

Cracking!! :clap:

Lee

LMC
5th-September-2005, 12:35 PM
DavidB at Twyford on Saturday

For telling me with the nicest smile that I'd forgotten *everything* he'd taught me... :rofl:

A fabulous dance, I had the biggest grin on my face for a good 10 minutes afterwards and was so in the clouds that I forgot to buy him a drink. Sorry David, I owe you a :cheers: the next time I see you.

Thanks again - I'll keep practising and maybe I'll be able to do look-no-hands following for longer without collapsing into giggles next time!

Andreas
5th-September-2005, 02:22 PM
The lovely lady that danced with me most of the night at Hipsters. Despite getting dizzy regularly from the multiple spins she did not fall over or throw over - and best of all, she did not run away :whistle: :D

Piglet
5th-September-2005, 03:03 PM
Paul from Manchester who was a dream to dance with on Saturday!

Also got to agree with FC - Victoria and Keith were outstanding to watch - I for one couldn't take my eyes off of them. Mind-blowing!

Northants Girly
5th-September-2005, 03:03 PM
The lovely lady that danced with me most of the night at Hipsters. Despite getting dizzy regularly from the multiple spins she did not fall over or throw over - and best of all, she did not run away :whistle: :DAndreas - is having girls running away from you a frequent problem then?

(I feel better now ;) )

Andreas
5th-September-2005, 03:11 PM
Andreas - is having girls running away from you a frequent problem then?

(I feel better now ;) )

:innocent: :whistle:

SteveB
5th-September-2005, 11:27 PM
Well said Melanie! An excellent thread!

I have to say that my dances with Melanie my open dance partner made my weekend, as did my two dances with Victoria in the freestyle later on at the Scottish champs on saturday night :drool: also the lady that won the showcase (sorry i cant remember your name) those two dances were fabulous also! I was really lucky to get a nice slow dance with Janey later on too, Janey and Keith are lovely people and it was nice to chat away with them again.

I had a bit of a bad weekend personally but it was also nice to chat with Denise again, made my weekend just being with friends. Great competition and hopefully will see you all again soon.

Burge :cheers:

stewart38
6th-September-2005, 12:37 AM
odd thread why would i want to post publically who i think is the best dancer. Id miss out with the rest then

All women dancers are the best in their own way :flower:

LMC
6th-September-2005, 07:07 AM
OK, I'll dance with you

Although most of us have talked about dances, the original question was "who made your weekend?" - for whatever reason.

filthycute
6th-September-2005, 09:52 PM
re-read my post....i didn't say "tell me your best dance partner"
I just wanted to know if someone male or
female made any event special for you

odd thread why would i want to post publically who i think is the best dancer. Id miss out with the rest then

All women dancers are the best in their own way :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 10:22 PM
Ive got to say, cos its true, that filthycute made my weekend. Sure I could have danced a bit better, I could have remembered some moves, I could have been less nervous and been much less stiff as a result, but shes a brilliant partner and very patient and it was an experience well worthwhile. Thanks Melanie. :)

CJ
7th-September-2005, 01:58 AM
My dance partner was fab, but I think Sheena was my man of the match...

(for reasons she'll probably not even know :flower: )

Tiggerbabe
7th-September-2005, 07:27 PM
For me it was a whole crowd of people, all mucking in together, who were already hard at work, decorating things, by the time I arrived.

Viktor, Jean, Lorna, Mairi, Sheona, James, Melanie, Karen, Yvonne, Lindsay, Bill and the lady from Aberdeen with the red hair, whose name I've totally forgotten :blush: ................... directed by Angela and Fran :wink:

Angelina
7th-September-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi there
I really enjoyed being with you guys this weekend at the comp, you always make us feel so welcome -we really must try to get there more than once a year! :blush:

The main thing that made it for me, and that i keep having flashbacks of was the 'frog showcase' to me this was very well put together, and i loved it! :worthy:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-September-2005, 09:39 PM
A flashback of Brady in tights I can do without ;) :)

CJ
8th-September-2005, 09:35 AM
A flashback of Brady in tights I can do without ;) :)

Did Brady fart fire in those tights?!?!? :eek: