PDA

View Full Version : Scot Challenge

filthycute
5th-September-2005, 12:09 PM
I thought the Scot challenge was an excellent idea for the competition. I for one can get very nervous when competing and i thought it was a great way to calm some nerves. It really took my mind off the whole thing.
What was the general thoughts about this ?

James mentioned that someone had a great idea (think it might have been Franck?) about another challenge. Maybe dancing off beat. Hilarious! :clap:

What about daning to strange music? Maybe dolphin & whale noise or African music.

Ideas on a postcard to here.....

Please do this again next year Scot :flower:

fc x

Dreadful Scathe
5th-September-2005, 12:29 PM
I thought it was a good idea too, but people were a bit slow in coming forward. I'd suggest Scot physically grabs random people from the crowd to take part next time :).

I like the dancing to strange music idea :).

ElaineB
5th-September-2005, 12:37 PM
Even though I didn't take part, I thought it was an absolutely fantastic idea - I hope you do it again next year. :clap:

Elaine

ducasi
5th-September-2005, 01:03 PM
I thought it was a good idea too, but people were a bit slow in coming forward. I'd suggest Scot physically grabs random people from the crowd to take part next time :) Yeah... But while I thought about going up for the first one, I've never followed ever, so I'm glad I didn't. And after that, I didn't have the nerve to go for the second one, though I think I might have managed OK.

Maybe a good challenge would be to dance to a Viennese Waltz?

Or how about musical chairs?

CJ
5th-September-2005, 02:08 PM
In deference to the enormously talented people (to whom I've referred before...) who have this particular field of excellence, and I do see many of them whilst I am DJing, I think next year Scot's Challenge should be to:

dance to the beat of the previous record whilst listening to the current one!!!!!! :D

ElaineB
5th-September-2005, 02:27 PM
In deference to the enormously talented people (to whom I've referred before...) who have this particular field of excellence, and I do see many of them whilst I am DJing, I think next year Scot's Challenge should be to:

dance to the beat of the previous record whilst listening to the current one!!!!!! :D

How about 'Pin the tail on Ce Roc Joc's bottom'? :whistle: :D

Nice to meet you by the way and your lovely wife and baby!

Elaine

Scot
5th-September-2005, 06:08 PM
Please do this again next year Scot :flower:

fc x

I will get my thinking cap on :confused:

John S
5th-September-2005, 06:30 PM
The Scot Challenge was an excellent idea, and in keeping with the "fun" element of the Competition.

Maybe the Scot Challenge competitors could be drawn using the numbers from the Lucky Dip (I guess nearly everyone was in it?) - on the Event Application Form anyone who didn't want to take part could just tick a box?

Piglet
5th-September-2005, 07:59 PM
Maybe the Scot Challenge competitors could be drawn using the numbers from the Lucky Dip (I guess nearly everyone was in it?) - on the Event Application Form anyone who didn't want to take part could just tick a box?

:yeah: Very good idea John! :hug:

killingtime
6th-September-2005, 02:29 PM
I thought the Scot challenge was an excellent idea for the competition. I for one can get very nervous when competing and i thought it was a great way to calm some nerves. It really took my mind off the whole thing.

What was the general thoughts about this ?

Thought that they were fab. I was a bit reserved about stepping up for the first challenge (which I would have been crap at as it turns out but I think I would have had a laugh) but did do the second one and enjoyed it. They were kind of like little party games and they were good fun to do.

Good idea. They could just use the ticket number though. They had a list of people on their machines anyway so you could get a list from that and just have an "if you are interested in being involved in a party game; tick here". I'm sure you'd find a lot of people would be keen.