PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday decision

Missy D
4th-September-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow another year almost gone and my next birthday is fast approaching. Decisions! Decisions! Every year i have a really S..t birthday but, this year i shall go out (even if it is on my own) only trouble is that it falls on sat 17th when nothing much is happening. Where shall i go? I know Ashtons is on friday 16th - nothing much on the 17th and my usual venue at Whetsone (Finchley as i call it). Any ideas anyone :flower:

Minnie M
4th-September-2005, 12:29 PM
Wow another year almost gone and my next birthday is fast approaching. Decisions! Decisions! Every year i have a really S..t birthday but, this year i shall go out (even if it is on my own) only trouble is that it falls on sat 17th when nothing much is happening. Where shall i go? I know Ashtons is on friday 16th - nothing much on the 17th and my usual venue at Whetsone (Finchley as i call it). Any ideas anyone :flower:
Many of the forumites will be at Southport, but if you are after a London venue on Saturday :-
Rivoli Ballroom 350 Brockley Rd, Crofton Park, Lewisham 8pm-1am + live band OCEANS 7 (who are great)

Missy D
4th-September-2005, 12:36 PM
Many of the forumites will be at Southport, but if you are after a London venue on Saturday :-
Rivoli Ballroom 350 Brockley Rd, Crofton Park, Lewisham 8pm-1am + live band OCEANS 7 (who are great)

Oh no are they really? forgot all about southport. How can i find information on this place or am i too late? :flower:

Gill (Norwich)
4th-September-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh no are they really? forgot all about southport. How can i find information on this place or am i too late? :flower:

You need to find a man to book with, think they are only taking mixed couples and single men bookings. Would be great to see you there :grin:
I am sure it would be your best birthday ever :clap:

Missy D
4th-September-2005, 03:19 PM
You need to find a man to book with, think they are only taking mixed couples and single men bookings. Would be great to see you there :grin:
I am sure it would be your best birthday ever :clap:

Sure i could find one on the "singletons sofa" eh :wink:

dee
4th-September-2005, 07:35 PM
Sure i could find one on the "singletons sofa" eh :wink:

If not sis sure i could dress up as a man, after all it is your birthday :hug:

Clive Long
4th-September-2005, 07:44 PM
If not sis sure i could dress up as a man, after all it is your birthday :hug:
Not even for your sister? Shame on you !

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 09:21 PM
Not even for your sister? Shame on you !
I think some extra punctuation and another few reads of the original message are in order...

"If not sis, sure i could dress up as a man, after all – it is your birthday"

I read that as she would do it for her sister.

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 08:02 AM
http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/26/44/
- but as said, this is a bit late in the day, and they're restricting numbers now, especially for single women. Maybe you could give the organisers a call?

Otherwise, in the London area, Cheshunt and Ashtons are on the Friday (16th), and Guinness is on the Saturday (17th) - see the lovely http://www.lyndaslist.com/ for details.

Despite the Southport mania, there are usually lots of people going to those - maybe you should start a "Non-Southport: who's going?" thread? :)

dee
5th-September-2005, 11:31 AM
I think some extra punctuation and another few reads of the original message are in order...

"If not sis, sure i could dress up as a man, after all – it is your birthday"

I read that as she would do it for her sister.

Yeah Long one what are you like?

Clive Long
5th-September-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah Long one what are you like?
What's a comma between friends?

Tell you what, you keep dressing as a woman and I'll dress (well let's not worry about the little red number ....)

The "Long" ( :rofl: ) One

dee
12th-September-2005, 11:34 AM

So what are you planning to do for your birthday then sis? we can either go dancing, but looks like everyone will be at Southport, so we will be the only ones there except maybe the DJ and bar lady. :sick: or maybe we can go for a meal? :drool: :flower:

CJ
12th-September-2005, 11:36 AM
or maybe we can go for a meal? :drool: :flower:

May I recommend the dodo gizzard?? :rofl:

Icey
12th-September-2005, 11:55 AM
we can either go dancing, but looks like everyone will be at Southport, so we will be the only ones there except maybe the DJ and bar lady. :sick: or maybe we can go for a meal? :drool: :flower:

I'm not going either :tears: so I'm currently weighing up Chesham vs Ashtons for Friday night.

Is there a "I'm not going to Southport" thread?

JoC
12th-September-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm not going either :tears: so I'm currently weighing up Chesham vs Ashtons for Friday night.

Is there a "I'm not going to Southport" thread?Yep, it's the " Alternative to Southport Wkend :tears:" thread. Sorry I haven't sussed out how to post a link yet.
:flower:

dee
12th-September-2005, 12:28 PM
I hope to be going to Ashtons this friday, No southport for me either, never been there before

David Bailey
12th-September-2005, 12:44 PM
so we will be the only ones there except maybe the DJ and bar lady. :sick:
Who says I'm going to be there? I could be, I dunno, somewhere else... :whistle:

I don't think the Ashtons bar lady will be up for a dance, somehow. Unlike the Finchley bar lady, who I'm sure would jump at the chance :)

dee
12th-September-2005, 12:56 PM
Who says I'm going to be there? I could be, I dunno, somewhere else... :whistle:

I don't think the Ashtons bar lady will be up for a dance, somehow. Unlike the Finchley bar lady, who I'm sure would jump at the chance :)

Finchley bar lady would be more than happy im sure.

As for the DJ i meant Disc Jockey, we don't all talk about you :flower: :worthy:

ducasi
12th-September-2005, 01:30 PM
Yep, it's the " Alternative to Southport Wkend :tears:" thread. Sorry I haven't sussed out how to post a link yet. Link! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6355) :na:

If anybody's at a loss about what to do this weekend, you can come with me for a pizza and then to the cinema. :nice: Not sure what's on yet though...

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 01:36 PM
Link! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6355) :na:

If anybody's at a loss about what to do this weekend, you can come with me for a pizza and then to the cinema. :nice: Not sure what's on yet though...

Pride and Prejudice
:D

ducasi
12th-September-2005, 01:41 PM
Pride and Prejudice
:D Hold me back!

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 01:43 PM
Hold me back!

i'll try but my arms wont stretch all the way from southport! (oops mentioned the S word!!!) :rofl:

ChrisA
12th-September-2005, 02:02 PM
this year i shall go out (even if it is on my own) only trouble is that it falls on sat 17th when nothing much is happening. Where shall i go?
Well I just got Phil Duckett's email for his Brighton bash on Saturday. The text of it was:

Hi
Just a quick reminder this Saturday (17th Sept) is

The Autumn Mencap Charity Jive Dance
Hove Town Hall, The Great Hall
Norton Rd, Brighton.

No need to book, £10 on the door
open 8pm till 1am, Dj John Miller Jag Jive.

Free parking across the rd, so spread the word

Any organisers who would like their fliers put on the display table for this please send them so they arrive by Thursday to
Phil Duckett...

And isn't he inclusive, inviting other organisers to advertise at his venue!! Though I'm sure all organisations would be just as co-operative :whistle:

Tessalicious
12th-September-2005, 02:04 PM
So what are you planning to do for your birthday then sis? we can either go dancing, but looks like everyone will be at Southport, so we will be the only ones there except maybe the DJ and bar lady.And me! At Ashtons that is - missed it last month, not missing it again, even if loads of peeps aren't there (at least there might be room to dance this time).

And if you're really desperate to dance loads, there's a busk in the O2 centre from 5-8 pm on both the Saturday and Sunday if you feel like coming along.

WittyBird
12th-September-2005, 04:22 PM

Is there a "I'm not going to Southport" thread?

:yeah: think you should start one :rofl:

Missy D
12th-September-2005, 09:35 PM
And me! At Ashtons that is - missed it last month, not missing it again, even if loads of peeps aren't there (at least there might be room to dance this time).

And if you're really desperate to dance loads, there's a busk in the O2 centre from 5-8 pm on both the Saturday and Sunday if you feel like coming along.

I shall be going to Ashtons friday so save me a dance Tess and you sis! Might just come along to the busking as i know it can be so much fun - anyone else up for it? So birthday decision made. Ashtons friday. Busking Sat and Sun. Finchley monday where hopefully the MIB3 will be there. Glad thats settled then now for a stock up on the Sanatogen :rofl: