PDA

View Full Version : Other Forums

Minnie M
3rd-September-2005, 05:05 PM
This is the first forum I have ever registered on and it has been entertaining, as well as very useful, not to mention the wonderful friends I have made from it

I have recently registered on the West Coast Swing forum, which is a little scary but some of the posts are interesting.

Who else is a multi-forum poster

LMC
3rd-September-2005, 05:29 PM
Several non-dance forums :blush: - mainly but not all work-related

Lynn
3rd-September-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm on another MJ one but don't post very often - I don't have the time to keep up with 2! I am also on a local salsa one which is pretty slow moving so I keep up with that too.

I think that I came across this forum at just the stage where I needed it - and learnt a lot from the shared experiences and dance tips. Of course now I'm addicted (and spend a lot of time in front of computers anyway - yeah right, that's just an excuse - I'm addicted!)

Minnie M
3rd-September-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm on another MJ one but don't post very often - I don't have the time to keep up with 2! I am also on a local salsa one.........
you haven't voted Lynn :sad:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
3rd-September-2005, 08:16 PM
I voted for another MJ forum, but forgot to tick the non dance related forum option aswell :blush: ... post on lawrencebrothersislands forum, and am member of others that I don't post much on too.

(forum addict)

azande
4th-September-2005, 01:33 AM
I am registered with a couple of Apple forums, a couple of computer related and two music forums. (and I keep up with all of them :what: )

Feelingpink
4th-September-2005, 08:42 AM
The other forum is a subscription only international photography one, but with more than 11,000 posts every week, I don't keep up with every thread :what:

Andy McGregor
4th-September-2005, 10:05 AM
I've registered with the Aussie forum and the Bristol forum. But I haven't even looked at them for more than a year. I got the impression that the Aussie forumites didn't like the idea of us Brits taking over their forum - and I don't blame them. The Tramp and Gordon J Pownall were posting faster than the whole continent at the time! And the Bristol forum seemed a bit slow. And as it seemed to contain mostly posters from this forum I stayed here.

timbp
4th-September-2005, 11:18 AM
I got the impression that the Aussie forumites didn't like the idea of us Brits taking over their forum
Taking over, no! But I doubt you actually could if you tried.

But we welcome diverse opinions and useful advice. Just remember we're no longer a colony. We'll hear your views, but if our way is better, we'll let you know.

Stuart
4th-September-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm signed up to a travel forum and also a rugby forum. I haven't looked at either of them much recently, although that will probably change now that the rugby season has kicked off.

Lynn
4th-September-2005, 12:52 PM
you haven't voted Lynn :sad:Oops! Was doing about 3 things at once on the computer yesterday. Voted now.

And I'm technically the moderator of a Jive section of a local salsa forum - but I'm almost the only one who posts on it!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-September-2005, 07:30 PM
...post on lawrencebrothersislands forum

It's there official forum so well worth a look (http://www.lawrencebrothersislands.com/forums/), if you like them of course (or have heard of them), think most of their fans are my age to 30's, but there are others of course, and the guys :drool: they pop in from time to time to post, and i've got an e-mail from Andrew before :drool:

Baruch
4th-September-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm signed up to the Bristol forum, though I rarely post there. I'm also on the Planet LeRoc forum (my local class), but that one's pretty slow. This is my main one, though.

Yliander
5th-September-2005, 10:25 AM
I am a member of no less than 4 maybe 5 Modern Jive Forums. And am a member of 4 other dance forums

am also a member of 3 non dance forums.

I actively post on 4 of those 11 forums and keep up regulary with 3 more - the others I visit randomly

Dreadful Scathe
15th-September-2005, 04:30 PM
I actively post on 4 of those 11 forums and keep up regulary with 3 more - the others I visit randomly

I doubt that - you probably visit them when you are in the mood to talk about the particular topic, hardly randomly. Is a pedants forum among them? :) I like forums on religion, politics, the environment anything that stops short of actual death threats - some people take things WAAY to seriously :)