PDA

View Full Version : Petition: NewKid vs LMC

Sparkles
1st-September-2005, 09:58 AM
I understand that 'NewKid' may have wanted to change her online name, but I just wanted to point out that it's confusing enough having to learn two names for everyone (thier online name and their real name) without them changing thier online name periodically :rolleyes:

So this is a petition to get NewKid, or LMC, or whatever her name is :( , to go back to being 'NewKid', because I don't know about you but I'd just got used to it... :flower:

ducasi
1st-September-2005, 10:10 AM
Well that wouldn't be contrary, would it? :wink:

killingtime
1st-September-2005, 10:23 AM
I understand that 'NewKid' may have wanted to change her online name, but I just wanted to point out that it's confusing enough having to learn two names for everyone (thier online name and their real name) without them changing thier online name periodically :rolleyes:

Nah. I fully support her decision if she feels it is time for a change. It's not like she is interchanging both names to add to further confusion and we'll get use to it. It'll be nice if she keeps her avatar though just for that visual identifier.

If you want to change names LMC; you go for it :).

David Bailey
1st-September-2005, 10:41 AM
OK, no-one else has asked, so I will - What the hell does LMC stand for?

killingtime
1st-September-2005, 10:51 AM

Take your pick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMC_%28disambiguation%29). I'm sure it is none of those :D.

El Salsero Gringo
1st-September-2005, 10:56 AM
Take your pick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMC_%28disambiguation%29). I'm sure it is none of those :D.Oh, I don't know. "Long-term Marginal Cost" has a certain correct feel about it.

ducasi
OK, no-one else has asked, so I will - What the hell does LMC stand for? I've already said it twice... Plus it's her avatar... :rolleyes:

stewart38

So this is a petition to get NewKid, or LMC, or whatever her name is :( , to go back to being 'NewKid', because I don't know about you but I'd just got used to it... :flower:

I was going to be stewart as my name is stewart but 'some person' who never posted had it so I had stewart38 (which was my age at the time). I guess I could now change it to stewart (age is just a number) but know im keeping stewart38 as its part of me. Infact i think its better then 'stewart' so maybe i could change my real name but anyway...

In a nut shell New Kid should keep her name as 'New kid' is a lovely name even if she is a seasoned pro , one must never forget ones roots be they blonde or grey.

David Bailey
1st-September-2005, 11:17 AM
I've already said it twice... Plus it's her avatar... :rolleyes:
Oh, yes - Little Miss Contrary, of course. Sorry, wasn't paying attention.

My encyclopedic knowledge of all things missed out on the Mr Men for some reason... I'll have to get my money back.

LMC
1st-September-2005, 11:23 AM
Sparkles - :blush: :hug: :flower: - I never knew you cared... :rofl:

killingtime - :rofl:

ESG - I prefer Large Magellanic Cloud personally

stewart38 - I wouldn't go so far as seasoned pro, but as I said on the other thread, I'm sure the novelty of me has well worn off.

I'm sticking now :D

(not so) Little Miss Contrary

Donna
1st-September-2005, 11:27 AM
Well I think people should really stick to the name they put in when they registered because people might not know who you are. Thing is, the avatar hasn't changed...and it's slightly unusual to have one that is up side down so I suppose from that you would know who it is. So long that doesn't change otherwise she would just simply have to change her name back to Newkid. What the heck does LMC stand for anyway?? :confused:

LMC
1st-September-2005, 11:30 AM
What the heck does LMC stand for anyway?? :confused:
Can I recommend reading at least the last few posts in a thread before you post in it???

ducasi
1st-September-2005, 11:38 AM
My encyclopedic knowledge of all things missed out on the Mr Men for some reason... I'll have to get my money back. Me too, but fortunately my subscription to google is fully paid up. :whistle:

Lynn
1st-September-2005, 12:01 PM
I've already said it twice... Plus it's her avatar... :rolleyes: Hmm, maybe I should change to LMN then?! :whistle:

spindr
1st-September-2005, 01:09 PM
I reckon it's probably: Lost My Concentration ?

But it could be:
Lead Me Cruel ?
or
Lick My ( Nah, surely not :) )

SpinDr.

Gojive
1st-September-2005, 03:51 PM
I reckon it's probably: Lost My Concentration ?

But it could be:
Lead Me Cruel ?
or
Lick My ( Nah, surely not :) )

SpinDr.

How about "Little Missed Contraception"? :na:

LMC
1st-September-2005, 03:58 PM
*swift kick in the shins for SpinDr & Gojive* :really: what kind of girl do you think I am???

on second thoughts, don't answer that...

Donna
1st-September-2005, 04:14 PM
Can I recommend reading at least the last few posts in a thread before you post in it???

Longterm Marginal Cost IT IS then.

Clive Long
1st-September-2005, 04:21 PM
Lucy Locket asked me why I changed my avatar.

Essentially I said, rather sniffily, it was my business and reflected my mood.

Now New Kid has become LMC I find that very disturbing as one doesn't quite know who one is addressing. I felt some kind of relationship with NK and now it is not as if she has died, it is as if she never existed except in my imagination. Very unsettling.

I guess avatar changing can have a similar but milder disorienting effect.

Clive

LMC
1st-September-2005, 04:22 PM
Longterm Marginal Cost IT IS then.
Absolutely not, I insist on being a core cost, and I'm *very* expensive... :whistle:

Besides, I already said I preferred Large Magellanic Cloud.

Donna
1st-September-2005, 04:27 PM
Absolutely not, I insist on being a core cost, and I'm *very* expensive... :whistle:

Besides, I already said I preferred Large Magellanic Cloud.

Livestock and Meat Commission??

Donna
1st-September-2005, 04:28 PM
or what about this....

Lunatic Moon Convention.... :wink: :rofl:

Minnie M
1st-September-2005, 04:59 PM

or Little Miss Cheeky :whistle:

Donna
1st-September-2005, 05:02 PM
or Little Miss Cheeky :whistle:

:yeah:

Minnie M
1st-September-2005, 05:03 PM
........ I felt some kind of relationship with NK and now it is not as if she has died, it is as if she never existed except in my imagination. Very unsettling.

I guess avatar changing can have a similar but milder disorienting effect.

Clive

I don't agree with name changing - no one has done that before and it is confusing - why not keep the name the same (which we are all used to) and change either the avatar (which many of us do) or make your title Little Miss whatever ...............

stewart38
1st-September-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't agree with name changing - no one has done that before and it is confusing - why not keep the name the same (which we are all used to) and change either the avatar (which many of us do) or make your title Little Miss whatever ...............

well she has done it i think lots of negative rep for this :whistle:

LMC
1st-September-2005, 05:24 PM
If the name change has really upset people, then I'm sorry. That's sorry for upsetting you, NOT sorry for changing my name. LMC stays. Yes, it stands for Little Miss Contrary, some of the alternatives have been quite amusing, but even good jokes wear thin.

AFA 'precedent' goes, Spice'n'Easy is a change, apparently, although well before my time. OK, it's not usual to change names. Which makes it quite clear that the new name absolutely suits me.

I don't intend to change it again.

I personally haven't changed, I'm still b****y awkward, argumentative, flippant, and hopefully occasionally amusing.

Encouraging negative rep for a name change is just pathetic IMO - bring it on, if I don't feel like it's justified then I really don't care. (as I'm contrary maybe I could be the first person on here with rep in a minus number? - that would be quite cool)

Moderators, can this thread be locked for posting please, it was quite nice to have the name change acknowledged so I didn't have to do a 'vanity thread' to inform people (thanks Sparkles :flower: :hug: ). But it really doesn't seem important enough to have reached this many posts :sick:

Gojive
1st-September-2005, 05:24 PM

Well I'm buggered if I'm going to change my title to Little Miss Anything!....I'm a Mr, and always will be! :waycool:

Icey
1st-September-2005, 05:31 PM
I quite liked my own pet name for you : Little Miss Dancefloor Dasher Extraordinaire !!

I thought it most apt :hug: But maybe LMDDE is a bit long.

When I refer to you I shall have to use "LMC (Previously known as Newkid)"

Lou
1st-September-2005, 06:40 PM
AFA 'precedent' goes, Spice'n'Easy is a change, apparently, although well before my time. OK, it's not usual to change names. Which makes it quite clear that the new name absolutely suits me.
The illustrious Tiggerbabe changed hers too. :)

(BTW... I prefer LMC. :flower: )

Clive Long
1st-September-2005, 06:48 PM
<< snip >>

(BTW... I prefer LMC. :flower: )
You would. :devil:

CRL

Lee
1st-September-2005, 06:56 PM

Hi,

I don't really give a monkeys who's called what, but i would like to say that 'Spice'n'Easy' is a new user name and his old one 'Dangermouse' is now unused.

Where as i assume Newkid has been renamed to LMC?

I wonder if the buddy list updates? anyone?

Anyway i think the whole world knows your new name now!! :wink:

Lee

Minnie M
1st-September-2005, 06:56 PM
....AFA 'precedent' goes, Spice'n'Easy is a change, apparently, although well before my time. OK, it's not usual to change names. Which makes it quite clear that the new name absolutely suits me.
:really: didn't realise that, mind you it must have been right at the beginning as introduced himself as "Spice'n'Easy" on the 'introduction' thread, and as he has only 18 posts to his credit, ASAIK he is only ever been known to all as Spicey. (just seen post above - he must have changed his name before he started posting :blush: )

I understand that 'NewKid' may have wanted to change her online name, but I just wanted to point out that it's confusing enough having to learn two names for everyone (thier online name and their real name) without them changing thier online name periodically

So this is a petition to get NewKid, or LMC, or whatever her name is , to go back to being 'NewKid', because I don't know about you but I'd just got used to it...
:yeah:
Not upset by it, you can do as you wish, I just think it is a little confusing for the rest of us as you are a high volume poster.

Lee
1st-September-2005, 06:59 PM
:really: didn't realise that, mind you it must have been right at the beginning as introduced himself as "Spice'n'Easy" on the 'introduction' thread, and as he has only 18 posts to his credit, ASAIK he is only ever been known to all as Spicey.

See my post (one above) to clarify re Spicey

Minnie M
1st-September-2005, 07:05 PM
See my post (one above) to clarify re Spicey
note my edited post :D

We are too fast at posting :rolleyes: thank goodness for the edit feature :whistle:

Russell Saxby
1st-September-2005, 07:38 PM
This is very exciting a dance off between New Kid and LMC :clap: :clap:

My money is on New Kid anyday :worthy: :worthy:

Sorry LMC but with a naff name like that you don't deserve to win - who the hell are you anyway :what:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-September-2005, 07:40 PM
I liked NewKid better, much funkier than LMC in my opinion.

Graham
1st-September-2005, 08:52 PM
If Sheena can do it (and she had around 1000 posts at the time IIRC) then I think we should allow LMC her choice and let this subject drop. Clearly "New Kid" becomes an increasingly inappropriate handle as each day goes by.

LMC
1st-September-2005, 09:05 PM
I appreciate Sparkles' and Minnie M's point of view, especially since put forward in such reasonable terms :flower:

If my intent had been to mislead people on my identity, I would feel duly chastised by some of the points of view on here. But I think it's fairly obvious that is NOT my intent, so my withers are unwrung.

Graham has the right of it - I'm old news now so I wanted a more appropriate username. If Franck/whoever wants to change the title to something explanatory like "the pest formerly known as..." then fine (although I rather like the current title!)

Please can someone lock this thread so people have to talk about something more important? - thanks.

Minnie M
1st-September-2005, 10:21 PM
LMC
Born Blonde!

To save confusion until we are used to your new name, why don't you change your title to

LMC
aka New Kid

- just a thought :innocent:

robd
2nd-September-2005, 11:32 PM
Please can someone lock this thread so people have to talk about something more important? - thanks.

Why? Not interested? Then don't read it.

Besides which, is anything that posted on these forums really important in any way anyway?

Russell Saxby
3rd-September-2005, 01:39 PM
This is very exciting a dance off between New Kid and LMC :clap: :clap:

My money is on New Kid anyday :worthy: :worthy:

Sorry LMC but with a naff name like that you don't deserve to win - who the hell are you anyway :what:

so who couldn't take the joke???

Lory
3rd-September-2005, 01:44 PM
A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell Just As Sweet ;) :flower:

From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-September-2005, 01:44 PM
A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell Just As Sweet ;) :flower:
Are you suggesting she has odour?

Lory
3rd-September-2005, 02:18 PM
Are you suggesting she has odour?
Not when I'm around, for she's nominated me as one of her BODB's (BO Detection Buddy! :D )

Clive Long
3rd-September-2005, 03:02 PM
Not when I'm around, for she's nominated me as one of her BODB's (BO Detection Buddy! :D )
How much do you charge per evening for that service?

Clive

Minnie M
3rd-September-2005, 03:10 PM
then what do you do - Name and Shame - or pass out deodorants
wot a job :sick: sniff patrol :sick:

Minnie M
3rd-September-2005, 06:58 PM
The illustrious Tiggerbabe changed hers too.
What was the pre-Tiggerbabe name ? Or was it Sheena :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2005, 01:31 PM
Sheena, it was, Minnie - but am seriously liking "The Cat in the Hat" as I was christened on Friday by DD :wink: :D

Minnie M
4th-September-2005, 01:49 PM
Sheena, it was, Minnie - but am seriously liking "The Cat in the Hat" as I was christened on Friday by DD :wink: :D
yeah! can relate to that, at least people didn't have to learn a new name :D

I lurve Tiggerbabe :worthy: and I think it is really you, everybody loves a tigger and everyone loves the tiggerbabe :clap: please don't change - although "The Cat in the Hat" is rather cute :flower:

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 02:21 PM
You could have a change of title, without a change of name. :flower:

Thought the hat was :waycool: BTW.

Minnie M
4th-September-2005, 02:26 PM
You could have a change of title, without a change of name....
a...haa...
my thoughts as per post number 40

Originally Posted by Minnie M
LMC
Born Blonde!

To save confusion until we are used to your new name, why don't you change your title to

LMC
aka New Kid
possibly too late now - it feels as if New Kid has left the forum and we have this new person LMC

Please Note
To all guests reading this - if you decide to register, think twice before choosing your forum name, and pick one that will last the term, changing it after 900 posts is not a good idea

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2005, 02:44 PM
You could have a change of title, without a change of name. :flower:
Don't worry, Tiggerbabe's here to stay :wink:

Thought the hat was :waycool: BTW.
:hug:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-September-2005, 02:52 PM
Please Note
To all guests reading this - if you decide to register, think twice before choosing your forum name, and pick one that will last the term, changing it after 900 posts is not a good idea
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: I agree with Minnie. As I said I thought that NewKid was a much better handle ;) Sorry but I think that LMC sounds a bit naff :innocent: And I know what Minnie means it does kinda feel like you are a different person. It's weird not seeing you appear on the active members list when I log on, you used to nearly ALWAYS be online when I was, now you're not :sad:

Minnie M
4th-September-2005, 03:12 PM
I keep thinking LMC relates to littleemc-central as we call her 'little MC' :what:
BTW I think that is a great name for Little Em :worthy:

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 05:42 PM
I agree with Minnie. And I disagree. I think that people should be allowed to change their names without other people telling them what they should or should not do.

Change is good.

(Sorry... I really can't resist making a reference to the book Who Moved My Cheese (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0091816971), even though I haven't read it – somehow it just seems apt to the discussion.)

I think LMC is a perfectly fine name, though I might have gone for "limico" myself. :wink:

(I also remember thinking that "NewKid" wasn't such a great choice of name when LMC first appeared, as it would be inaccurate fairly swiftly.)