PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in Cornwall

Daisy Chain
31st-August-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm off to Cornwall very soon and I'm excitedly planning a Thursday night visit to Murphy's in Newquay.

I've just found out about a Monday jive night in Rosudgeon near Penzance. Has anyone been? Do you recommend it?

Please PM me with if you don't want your views made public.

Daisy

(A De-Mob Happy Little Flower)

jivegirl100
5th-September-2005, 12:43 AM
Helloo

Probably a bit too late, but check out Paul Thornton's website if you're planning on dancing in the South West www.southwestswing.org.uk - it has all the links to the local sites, events and classes.

Have fun!!

Claire (ex Plymouth Jive Club!) :flower:

Baruch
5th-September-2005, 12:54 AM
This may be too late, but check out Newquay Jive (http://www.newquayjive.com/). It's well worth a visit.

Daisy Chain
18th-September-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, I had a great time in Cornwall. Didn't make it to Murphy's night at Indian Queen's :tears: as PMC (Present Mr Chain) wouldn't let me use 72 miles worth of petrol as this might mean having to push the car home up the M5.

Still, I went to Rosudgeon and had a fabulous Monday night. June was very welcoming and everyone was very friendly.

Nice little hall, easy to find in the dark
Friendly
Great floor
My kinda music (no Mavericks though)
Nice lessons
Some lovely men

..........and the icing on the cake?......................being monopolised by a tall skinny Richard Gere :drool: . Wow, he really is an exquisite dancer. He has just shot straight into my Top 3. Did anyone dance with him at Southport?

Daisy

(An Impressed Little Flower)