PDA

View Full Version : Luton Tuesdays

stewart38
30th-August-2005, 10:43 AM
Has anyone ever been to Luton before (ceroc) . If so any good ?

tsh
30th-August-2005, 01:23 PM
Has anyone ever been to Luton before (ceroc) . If so any good ?

Good enough. Plenty of space, air conditioned, and a reasonable class.

Sean

stewart38
30th-August-2005, 11:32 PM
very nice venue some nice dancers

one major problem..............

No mints !! :sad:

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 12:21 AM
very nice venue some nice dancers

one major problem..............

No mints !! :sad:

of course you can't buy mints anywhere..... and i bet you didnt pass tesco or a garage or a little corner shop and even attempt to see if they sold the sacred things.

I enjoyed Luton, good venue didnt rate the music much tho :sad:
all in all it was a good night. :grin:

Northants Girly
31st-August-2005, 12:26 AM
Has anyone ever been to Luton before (ceroc) . If so any good ?Been to some freestyles there and yes - agree with whats been said - worth a trip :D

Allez-Cat
31st-August-2005, 12:39 AM
Good enough. Plenty of space, air conditioned, and a reasonable class.

The A/C really works, and it's now non-smoking to boot. The music does vary, but usually very acceptable. Numbers have not been too great of late, which does make for elbow room on the floor - a pleasant change after the likes of Chesham on Fridays! It's also a purpose-built function room which gives it a distinct edge over the school hall venues IMHO.

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 12:45 AM
The A/C really works, and it's now non-smoking to boot. The music does vary, but usually very acceptable. Numbers have not been too great of late, which does make for elbow room on the floor - a pleasant change after the likes of Chesham on Fridays! It's also a purpose-built function room which gives it a distinct edge over the school hall venues IMHO.

yes bonus all round ... especially liked the fact that in the intermediate class they didnt make the women 'queue' , noticed it at Finchley last night, they get the women to stand individually inbetween other couples which means you get more of a dance and only really miss out on one move rather than 2 or 3. They move one lady on all the time. Think they should implement that at Chesham and Berko. So Bonus points from me :grin:

Allez-Cat
31st-August-2005, 12:49 AM
So Bonus points from me :grin:

Have a look at other comments on this "sprinkle" system (sorry - it's late and I'm too idle to go looking for it!), but some folk don't like it. I think it works well where there's a big surplus which, regrettably, seems to happen at Luton more often than not. How do we get the boys in?

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 12:59 AM
some folk don't like it. I think it works well where there's a big surplus which, regrettably, seems to happen at Luton more often than not. How do we get the boys in?[/QUOTE]

Goodness knows I tell everyone I speak that they should come along, I love it and am completely addicted. Advertise free beer/football/p0rn maybe?
Just a thought...

Tell you what tho there's a guy who has been going to Chesham , Berko and I saw him at Luton tonite, only been going a few weeks and loves it, hes very shy and lacks confidence but I always make a point of asking him to dance. The reason being we need all the men we can get and also he always looks like hes having such a great time he is great fun to dance with! I hope that he sticks with it, and although i am a beginner myself i really want to encourage people like him.

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 08:42 AM
Have a look at other comments on this "sprinkle" system
I quite like it - but I think you need to get people used to it at a venue, so if you do it, you should do it all the time, or at least very frequently.

It's been operating at Finchley for a few weeks now I think, and it really makes a difference. - no waiting for a minute for 10 women to "move up the first, blah". One bonus of this is that you can fit more routine-practices in the space of a single track.

ducasi
31st-August-2005, 08:48 AM
Have a look at other comments on this "sprinkle" system ... I think it works well where there's a big surplus ... At JJ's in Glasgow last night it was up to 16 women on, 16 women off. I don't think there would have been enough room to sprinkle 16 extra half-couples amongst the actual couples.

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 09:20 AM
of course you can't buy mints anywhere..... and i bet you didnt pass tesco or a garage or a little corner shop and even attempt to see if they sold the sacred things.

I enjoyed Luton, good venue didnt rate the music much tho :sad:
all in all it was a good night. :grin:

Now I did like the music although some long breaks by the DJ with stop start at the end

With extra women i never understand that when there is 8 extra in Beginners they move 4 on at a time, which they did , thats silly

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 09:36 AM
At JJ's in Glasgow last night it was up to 16 women on, 16 women off. I don't think there would have been enough room to sprinkle 16 extra half-couples amongst the actual couples.
Well, why not? It's the same amount of people dancing / waiting, no matter how you arrange them, surely?

And how long does it take to move 16 women on? Maybe a minute? That's a minute you could be learning rather than counting girls walking past you.
Although I guess it gives you the chance to scope out the talent... :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
31st-August-2005, 10:10 AM
Well, why not? It's the same amount of people dancing / waiting, no matter how you arrange them, surely?

Not really, if you have 16 more people scattered amongst those dancing, they cause more disruption than 16 standing "out of the way" at the side of the dancefloor.

I think the scatter thing only works well if you are in a circle.

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 10:22 AM
Not really, if you have 16 more people scattered amongst those dancing, they cause more disruption than 16 standing "out of the way" at the side of the dancefloor.
Probably at first - but that's why you need to persist with it for a few weeks. People (me included) can be slow on the uptake.

I think the scatter thing only works well if you are in a circle.
It works more naturally in a circle, certainly - that's the way most salsa classes do it. But it can work in rows. Honest.

LMC
31st-August-2005, 10:56 AM
I approve of the 'scatter' technique because it means you only have to count to 1 - yes, it takes a bit of getting used to, but it makes moving on much quicker - more teaching/dancing time.

We're in a dance class, therefore we are all reasonably physically fit - certainly fit enough to walk at more than a snail's pace. There is nothing more frustrating than dawdling behind a long line of women who trail along as if they are at a b****y funeral wake - MOVE!!! MOVE!!! MOVE!!! (OK, there are more frustrating things, I just don't need to rant about them right now)..

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 11:00 AM
Probably at first - but that's why you need to persist with it for a few weeks. People (me included) can be slow on the uptake.

It works more naturally in a circle, certainly - that's the way most salsa classes do it. But it can work in rows. Honest.

It can work if no one joins or leaves during the class and women are observant ie they dont all crowd into the first row. Unfortunately none of that happens. Moving on is still best on smaller numbers (under 15 ?)

Of course as a man i sometime joined the womens queue to add to confusion :whistle:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 11:01 AM
We're in a dance class, therefore we are all reasonably physically fit - certainly fit enough to walk at more than a snail's pace. There is nothing more frustrating than dawdling behind a long line of women who trail along as if they are at a b****y funeral wake - MOVE!!! MOVE!!! MOVE!!!
It's not much fun for the men either - I usually count and stick out my hand to stop the relevant lady (OK, that part is fun). And the larger the numbers, the more time the teacher has to spend saying "anybody missing a partner?" - which means he/she has less time to actuallly teach.

Anything that makes class management smoother must be a Good Thing.

The sprinkle thing also means that even if you're not dancing, you're usually in between two couples who are dancing - so hopefully you can see what they're doing better, rather than being stuck away in the Leftovers Row.

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 11:03 AM
The sprinkle thing also means that even if you're not dancing, you're usually in between two couples who are dancing - so hopefully you can see what they're doing better, rather than being stuck away in the Leftovers Row.

4 new women turn up two men leave then what ?

By its natures its too rigid

I think it works in Aussie land as if there are less then 30 people it could work well.

LMC
31st-August-2005, 11:08 AM
It can work if no one joins or leaves during the class and women are observant ie they dont all crowd into the first row. Unfortunately none of that happens.
That's why DJ and I *both* said it takes a bit of getting used to. If managed properly (i.e teacher tells women to space themselves out in *all* rows) it works extremely well.

Moving on is still best on smaller numbers (under 15 ?)
Less than 4 maybe. Any more than that, scatter is better. DEFINITELY if you're moving on more women than the number of men standing in the first row - that's happened a few times.

By its natures its too rigid
Again, if the teacher manages it properly and most people have got a grip on the system, then no problem - the new arrivals just make sure they don't all go in the same row - and women whose partners leave just scatter as well.

You're the one that appears rigid to me by refusing to accept the possibility that this system can, if properly managed, be far quicker and work far better than the time-consuming and boring dawdling along method. I've never been in a venue where the scatter method has caused a problem to anyone - even if *not* usually used. Lou has occasionally even tried it at Berko and people seem to catch on fairly quickly.

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 11:17 AM
Ceroc Thunderdome, yes? :)

I think it works in Aussie land as if there are less then 30 people it could work well.
What, there's less than 30 peope in Oz? :eek:
I guess they're all in Earl's Court...

Honest, it works fine in Finchley, and that's usually quite busy - I dunno, 4 rows, maybe 80+ people, maybe 6-10 women over (rough guesses, I've no idea what the real numbers are).

I'll admit I thought it was weird at first, but I think it's worth a try.

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 11:52 AM
Ceroc Thunderdome, yes? :)
Honest, it works fine in Finchley, and that's usually quite busy - I dunno, 4 rows, maybe 80+ people, maybe 6-10 women over (rough guesses, I've no idea what the real numbers are).

I'll admit I thought it was weird at first, but I think it's worth a try.
the first time i saw it was at Finchley on Monday and I thought it was strange but then again at Luton last night and I thought it was so much better. Easier to get into rather than standing out like a sore thumb at the edge of the class.

ducasi
31st-August-2005, 12:07 PM
Well, why not? It's the same amount of people dancing / waiting, no matter how you arrange them, surely? If you've got room for 40 couple on the dance-floor and you've got 40 guys things will work and it's easy to sneak the 16 extra women down the side of the floor.

If you've got room for 40 couples, but you're having to make space for 56, things will be too tight.

And how long does it take to move 16 women on? Maybe a minute? That's a minute you could be learning rather than counting girls walking past you.
Although I guess it gives you the chance to scope out the talent... :whistle: Don't think it takes that long – the girls at JJ's get plenty of practice at walking, and the men at counting (into double figures!)

It is good to see who's there though, and play the russian roulette of will you get the woman with the death grip or not... :wink:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 12:20 PM
If you've got room for 40 couple on the dance-floor and you've got 40 guys things will work and it's easy to sneak the 16 extra women down the side of the floor.
True enough. And they're not important, after all they're just women, plenty more where they came from... :whistle:

It is good to see who's there though, and play the russian roulette of will you get the woman with the death grip or not... :wink:
:rofl: The fun part is when you count ahead and see who's coming - and still try to smile when you want to run away screaming... Or maybe that's just me.

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 12:22 PM
That's why DJ and I *both* said it takes a bit of getting used to. If managed properly (i.e teacher tells women to space themselves out in *all* rows) it works extremely well.

Less than 4 maybe. Any more than that, scatter is better. DEFINITELY if you're moving on more women than the number of men standing in the first row - that's happened a few times.

Again, if the teacher manages it properly and most people have got a grip on the system, then no problem - the new arrivals just make sure they don't all go in the same row - and women whose partners leave just scatter as well.

You're the one that appears rigid to me by refusing to accept the possibility that this system can, if properly managed, be far quicker and work far better than the time-consuming and boring dawdling along method. I've never been in a venue where the scatter method has caused a problem to anyone - even if *not* usually used. Lou has occasionally even tried it at Berko and people seem to catch on fairly quickly.

IF IF IF yes

80 men 80 women with 8 extra ladies

move ladies around they miss out 1 in 10 times

put 8 ladies in scatter method 8 miss out 50% of the time 72 do not, how is that fair

At the end of the day I know some girls prefer it some dont but its not the only solution. :yeah:

ducasi
31st-August-2005, 12:25 PM
True enough. And they're not important, after all they're just women, plenty more where they came from... :whistle: Yep, seems to be... :devil:

The fun part is when you count ahead and see who's coming - and still try to smile when you want to run away screaming... Or maybe that's just me. I try to not count ahead for this reason! :eek:

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 12:30 PM
IF IF IF yes

80 men 80 women with 8 extra ladies

move ladies around they miss out 1 in 10 times

put 8 ladies in scatter method 8 miss out 50% of the time 72 do not, how is that fair

At the end of the day I know some girls prefer it some dont but its not the only solution. :yeah:

How do you work that out? :what: or am I just being stupid? :really:
Surely it is better to stand at the side of people dancing and move in few mins than miss out on complete moves?
ok so you have 80 men and 80 women with 8 extra ladies.... that makes 80 couples ? if you have 4 rows of dancers ie 20 couples to a row and put 2 extra ladies on each row surely that moves the class along quicker and you may sit out 4 times for 1 move at a time (which is practiced a few times)

Surely that is better than missing out on 1 complete move totally therefore only learning 3 out of the 4 moves that are taught?

Please correct me if i am wrong as i am just a humble beginner :worthy:

Lynn
31st-August-2005, 12:32 PM

I think the scatter thing only works well if you are in a circle.Its the method used in salsa classes here - but it is in a circle.

If its used in a large and crowded class in rows its means you can be standing in between a couple, with a row of couples behind you as well, with everyone going through the moves - where do you stand? Its Ok if there is a big 'gap' for the invisible partner but otherwise its a bit too risky for getting stood on for my liking.

Gill (Norwich)
31st-August-2005, 12:33 PM
I experienced this system at Letchworth Monday evening and I would certainly vote for it be implemented at my home venue where we regularly have copious amounts of spare ladies.
I agree that it certainly cuts down the amountof wasted time, and means that we actually feel part of the class (and it will stop us chattering :whistle: ) and I am sure this will mean the men have partners that catch on to what they are suppose to be doing quicker.

LMC
31st-August-2005, 12:36 PM
You're not getting it. If you have 80 couples and eight ladies over then you put the ladies between every 9 or 10 couples - the out place doesn't move, only the ladies do. Same out time, more dancing time, everyone's a winner.

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 12:37 PM
Surely it is better to stand at the side of people dancing and move in few mins than miss out on complete moves?
ok so you have 80 men and 80 women with 8 extra ladies.... that makes 80 couples ? if you have 4 rows of dancers ie 20 couples to a row and put 2 extra ladies on each row surely that moves the class along quicker and you may sit out 4 times for 1 move at a time (which is practiced a few times)

Surely that is better than missing out on 1 complete move totally therefore only learning 3 out of the 4 moves that are taught?

Please correct me if i am wrong as i am just a humble beginner :worthy:

yes but those two extra ladies will be waiting every other turn ?

Or have i missed something ? Mr Gringo help required ?

Although this is gong of thread and was discussed else where a while back ?

what ever makes the women happy its for there benefit not mine (rep pelase)

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 12:39 PM
:yeah:
With both systems, the "extra" women get exactly the same proportion of time spent dancing (or not dancing). Sprinkling is just a way of speeding up the "move on" bit, that's all.

It takes a bit of effort to get people used to it, but it can pay off in the end.

Obviously, with 1 extra, it's pointless, but even "moving on 2" takes a significant time. Especially with someone holding up the line to get a 30-second "tutorial" :mad:

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 12:41 PM
yes but those two extra ladies will be waiting every other turn ?

Or have i missed something ? Mr Gringo help required ?

Although this is gong of thread and was discussed else where a while back ?

what ever makes the women happy its for there benefit not mine (rep pelase)
ok lets make it easy :na:
row 1/2/3/4

extra lady

extra lady

how do they miss out every other turn bear in mind that there would be 20 couples not 10 and the extra ladies would be spaced more. :rofl:

Gill (Norwich)
31st-August-2005, 12:42 PM
Stewart, this is just the system that was used in our classes in Barcelona and it worked great there, didn't it? :)
Credit us girls with some intelligence, in that we will space ourselves out so that we don't miss out every other time :cool:

LMC
31st-August-2005, 12:44 PM
Credit us girls with some intelligence, in that we will space ourselves out so that we don't miss out every other time :cool:

Stewart, you're a guy - 90% of the time it will be women over and all you have to do is stand there. So why do you care what walking round method is used anyway?

spindr
31st-August-2005, 01:15 PM
If it helps there are diagrams of "moving round schemes" are at:
http://www.afterfive.co.uk/guide/latest/html/dancing_with_confidence.html#rotating
SpinDr.

DavidY
31st-August-2005, 01:27 PM
Credit us girls with some intelligence, in that we will space ourselves out so that we don't miss out every other time :cool:I've seen cases where this is exactly what the women do though... :whistle:

Mostly when they aren't familiar with the system, turn up near the end of the first row to rotate as they normally would , then discover that they need to "scatter", so all put themselves somewhere nearby - usually in the first row, maybe the second if you're lucky. People in the first 2 rows are "out" every second time but meanwhile women in the 4th or 5th row dance almost every time..

I think the "scatter" system only has a chance of working if it's applied every week - and also only works if you consistently have lots too many women every week. (I can think of a venue where we've had 20 too many women one week and too many men 2 or 3 weeks later).

Also, if there are only one or two spare women and during the class it switches to too many men, it's time-consuming chaos as people hunt through the rows to find out whether or not there are actually any spare women left. :(

Gill (Norwich)
31st-August-2005, 01:31 PM
I've seen cases where this is exactly what the women do though... :whistle: :(

Being a mere woman I'll bow to your superior judgement (knowledge) :worthy: ;)

Allez-Cat
31st-August-2005, 01:38 PM
play the russian roulette of will you get the woman with the death grip or not... :wink:

Has she gone North of the Border then? Phew!

I've remembered that this topic was pretty well aired back last summer: see Daisy Chain's post of 30/07/04 "re: a little moan" and the following debate on "Rotate or Scatter" http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3405&highlight=rotate+scatter

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 02:16 PM

Stewart, you're a guy - 90% of the time it will be women over and all you have to do is stand there. So why do you care what walking round method is used anyway?

I dont care what methods used and as I said let the WOMEN decide. All I said was some WOMEN dont like it. :mad:

ps If women didnt chat so much you wouldnt need it anyway

see men over, its count correctly dont talk and moved on all done 10 secs max

women its walk wrong way, then talk dont count then 15 walk off and have to be called back etc etc so thats why large rotation isnt working :whistle:

A few years ago there were generally more men in some classes so im sure this will sort itself out .

LMC
31st-August-2005, 02:19 PM
I dont care what methods used and as I said let the WOMEN decide. All I said was some WOMEN dont like it. :mad:

women its walk wrong way, then talk dont count then 15 walk off and have to be called back etc etc so thats why large rotation isnt working :whistle:

A few years ago there were generally more men in some classes so im sure this will sort itself out .
Well, that told me didn't it?

Someone needs a hug... :rofl:

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 02:21 PM
One other thing your ASSUMING all treachers can organise their classes. Ive seen people ending up in the toilets before they will add another row so i dont think so

Northants Girly
31st-August-2005, 02:22 PM

WHAT! :angry: Are you kidding??

In my experience everything goes to pot when the men have to walk round! :whistle:

LMC
31st-August-2005, 02:32 PM
Helplessly :rofl:

Give in Stewart - you're onto a loser!

Tiggerbabe
31st-August-2005, 02:32 PM
WHAT! :angry: Are you kidding??

Yeah, he's got to be kidding :rofl:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 02:41 PM
:rofl:
I'd rep you for courage above and beyond the call of sanity if I hadn't been so unusually generous recently, but all I can do is say "you're a braver man than me, Stewart38".

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 03:43 PM
Helplessly :rofl:

Give in Stewart - you're onto a loser!

Go on Stewart what else are you gonna chuck into this thread we have had chau'vinism and pure male bl00dy mindness. :rofl: or are you going for the 'how many people can i upset today' record? :whistle:

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 03:51 PM
Go on Stewart what else are you gonna chuck into this thread we have had chau'vinism and pure male bl00dy mindness. :rofl: or are you going for the 'how many people can i upset today' record? :whistle:

Scatter method does it for me every time :yeah:

add sarcasm :mad:

Its like 12 angry men here, well your not going to intimidate me we all know he is guilty

bigdjiver
31st-August-2005, 06:45 PM
If there is limited dance floor space so interleaving is not approriate, and a spare off floor area at one end, and an even number of rows, then there is another rotation scheme possible. The movers on arrange themselves at the end of pairs of rows, and move down on row and back up the next, sticking to that pair of rows. If there are 6 rows it cuts the number of movers on to a third, or eight rows to a quarter. The other advantage of this scheme is that the movers on can select the pair of rows to include or exclude certain dancers from their potential partner list.

Gill (Norwich)
31st-August-2005, 07:09 PM
If there is limited dance floor space so interleaving is not approriate, and a spare off floor area at one end, and an even number of rows, then there is another rotation scheme possible. The movers on arrange themselves at the end of pairs of rows, and move down on row and back up the next, sticking to that pair of rows. If there are 6 rows it cuts the number of movers on to a third, or eight rows to a quarter. The other advantage of this scheme is that the movers on can select the pair of rows to include or exclude certain dancers from their potential partner list.

Sorry Stewart will never get his head round this one :eek:

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 07:42 PM
Sorry Stewart will never get his head round this one :eek:

I completely agree funnily enough I am on the phone to him now and he is whining about how he cant work it out! Men eh ... well thats not fair really is it I think its just Men with nicknames like stewart38 :rofl:

LMC
31st-August-2005, 07:51 PM

Sorry Stewart will never get his head round this one

What's not to get?

BDJ has specifically says there needs to be an even number of rows for this to work. So if 4 rows and 8 ladies on, each 4 ladies picks one pair of rows and you've got 4 ladies on in 2 rows, twice. Up one row, down the next, same as if there were only two rows in a venue but you're seeing double.

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 08:28 PM

yes thats lost me

They all choose row A and B then what ?

Camber good case in point

Daisy Chain
31st-August-2005, 08:47 PM
I All I said was some WOMEN dont like it. :mad:

And I am One. No matter where I stand in a row, other women come and stand in the gaps in the row just ahead of me and increase my percentage of time spent lemon-like in the middle of the dance floor. I must be some sort of magnet.

hate it, Hate it, HATE IT :angry:

Daisy

(An Abandoned Little Wall Flower)

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 08:48 PM
yes thats lost me

Good grief, even I got that... Admittedly it took 30 minutes and 2 sheets of A4, but I got it...

Think of it like lanes in a swimming pool, where the swimmers all move in the same direction - in dancing, they move around 2 rows of men, rather than up / down / up / down.

Of course, there's no reason why that system has to be based around 2 rows, could be up and around single rows even. The only problem is if one "unit" has 5 girls over and another "unit" has 1 girl over - do you move the "greatest number" around or what?

I'm really thinking way too much about this sort of thing...

WittyBird
31st-August-2005, 08:50 PM
yes thats lost me

well like you have been saying all along then its obviously the womens fault...
we just ruin everything. :really:

LMC
31st-August-2005, 09:12 PM
For goodness sakes :rolleyes:

[ QUOTE = Me, on the same principle as shouting louder for foreigners not understanding I'll try bigger type and shorter words ]

What's not to get?

4 rows

8 ladies on

Rows A & B - 4 ladies on, forget other two rows

Rows C & D - 4 ladies on, forget other two rows

Up one row, down the next, same as if there were only two rows in a venue but you're seeing double.

Stewart, you say it won't work in practice because they all choose rows A & B - you're just against ANY change to the slow system which prevails in most venues. One at a time systems DO WORK BETTER when they work. If they're not working because someone's being a bit thick then bloody well say something, it's a dance class, not army boot camp.

Daisy Chain - yes, that does tend to happen. In which case, when I'm next "out" I go and find a better space. Problem solved.

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 09:31 PM
For goodness sakes :rolleyes:

[ QUOTE = Me, on the same principle as shouting louder for foreigners not understanding I'll try bigger type and shorter words ]

What's not to get?

4 rows

8 ladies on

Rows A & B - 4 ladies on, forget other two rows

Rows C & D - 4 ladies on, forget other two rows

Stewart, you say it won't work in practice because they all choose rows A & B - you're just against ANY change to the slow system which prevails in most venues. One at a time systems DO WORK BETTER when they work. If they're not working because someone's being a bit thick then bloody well say something, it's a dance class, not army boot camp.

Daisy Chain - yes, that does tend to happen. In which case, when I'm next "out" I go and find a better space. Problem solved.

all im saying on this LUTON thread was the scatter method has its faults like others. its not always the best some girls like it some dont. Most look at it very simplistically

What ever the girls prefer and the majority want i have to favour as im not (usually) the one 'waiting' :mad:

LMC
31st-August-2005, 09:39 PM
all im saying on this LUTON thread was the scatter method has its faults like others. its not always the best some girls like it some dont. Most look at it very simplistically

What ever the girls prefer and the majority want i have to favour as im not (usually) the one 'waiting' :mad:
I can see why some girls don't like it, because you lose the 'chat in the queue' opportunity :rofl: But I repeat, when they work properly "one on" systems are quicker. Stands to reason that one person stepping two or three paces is going to be quicker than a line of fifteen shuffling round a whole row.

If you "have to favour" the majority then why are you still arguing? You're not stupid, the only reason you're not understanding different systems is because you're not being open-minded.

bigdjiver
31st-August-2005, 10:19 PM
When the scatter system was adopted in Wellingborough, just during the intermediate class. There was a barrage of complaints. A few weeks later a stand-in teacher changed back, and there was another barrage of complaints. Scatter in lines seems to be standard there now, but still only for intermediates.

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 11:10 PM
I can see why some girls don't like it, because you lose the 'chat in the queue' opportunity :rofl: But I repeat, when they work properly "one on" systems are quicker. Stands to reason that one person stepping two or three paces is going to be quicker than a line of fifteen shuffling round a whole row.

If you "have to favour" the majority then why are you still arguing? You're not stupid, the only reason you're not understanding different systems is because you're not being open-minded.

Put it to the vote :clap:

frodo
1st-September-2005, 02:04 AM
Though at the side it can be easier to see what the teacher is doing, as the line of vision isn't being blocked by people in the same row so much.

Miss Conduct
22nd-September-2005, 03:42 AM
Luton is an exelent venue! Along similar lines to Ashton's but with air conditioning and FREE water! :cheers:

Incidentally next Tuesday, 27th Sept, is the teacher's birthday, (sorry Tracey I know you were trying to keep that quiet) and the theme is 'Blue'. The colour she assures me not porn... :whistle: