PDA

View Full Version : Letchworth - tonight 29th August

Gill (Norwich)
29th-August-2005, 11:51 AM
Can anyone confirm if Letchworth is taking place tonight please? If so is anyone going? I am in need of a dance fix :nice:

LMC
29th-August-2005, 11:54 AM
Can anyone confirm if Letchworth is taking place tonight please? If so is anyone going? I am in need of a dance fix :nice:
No idea sorry Gill, and I have to be honest and say that the couple of occasions I've been there I haven't found it that friendly. Finchley *is* on and looks like there will be a mini-forum-gathering there (g'wan, I'll introduce you to David James :wink: )

Gill (Norwich)
29th-August-2005, 12:01 PM
(g'wan, I'll introduce you to David James :wink: )

Do I want to be introduced to him :wink:
I thought it would be more fun to sneak up on him unawares :whistle:

Seriously don't know how to get to Finchley, and Letchworth looks doerable. I am on the look out for doerable places to dance (and I know it's my fault I live in a cul-d-sac with no motorways) :sick:

I have got Stockport, Camber Sands, and La Pineda booked so that's a good start :clap: , but it will be great to make contact with some of you gang, up to now the only one I know I have met is Stewart.

LMC
29th-August-2005, 12:08 PM
Seriously don't know how to get to Finchley, and Letchworth looks doerable. I am on the look out for doerable places to dance (and I know it's my fault I live in a cul-d-sac with no motorways) :sick:

I have got Stockport, Camber Sands, and La Pineda booked so that's a good start :clap: , but it will be great to make contact with some of you gang, up to now the only one I know I have met is Stewart.
Finchley is more-or-less directly south from Letchworth :-) - stay on the A11 to M11, take M25 (Watford) to Junction 23, follow Barnet (A1081), right onto A1000 then map (http://www.cerocmetro.com/finchley.html)

If you're actually IN Norwich, I don't think this will take you any longer than Letchworth would. Plus see PM.

bigdjiver
29th-August-2005, 03:40 PM
Can anyone confirm if Letchworth is taking place tonight please? If so is anyone going? I am in need of a dance fix :nice:Letchworth is sheduled for tonight. It ihas air conditioning that really works. It usually attracts extra keen dancers on bank holiday because many other Ceroc Central venues, like Bedford, close for the bank holiday.

Gill (Norwich)
29th-August-2005, 03:43 PM
Letchworth is sheduled for tonight. It ihas air conditioning that really works. It usually attracts extra keen dancers on bank holiday because many other Ceroc Central venues, like Bedford, close for the bank holiday.

Thanks for that :cheers:

Well looks like I'll be dancing tonight :clap:

David Bailey
29th-August-2005, 04:50 PM
Do I want to be introduced to him :wink:

Probably not, he's a miserable git at the best of times.

Seriously don't know how to get to Finchley, and Letchworth looks doerable.
Interesting word...

Have fun tonight!

Gill (Norwich)
29th-August-2005, 05:41 PM
Interesting word...
![/QUOTE]

It's doable with the 'er' factor! :rolleyes:

dee
29th-August-2005, 05:50 PM
looks like there will be a mini-forum-gathering there (g'wan, I'll introduce you to David James :wink: )

How come i never knew about this mini forum gathering? :sad:

LMC
29th-August-2005, 06:08 PM
How come i never knew about this mini forum gathering? :sad:
Well, it's not official like - it just seems that there will be a few of us going to Finchley, 'cos Chesham is closed tonight too :nice:

David Bailey
29th-August-2005, 07:33 PM
Well, it's not official like - it just seems that there will be a few of us going to Finchley, 'cos Chesham is closed tonight too :nice:
So, to clarify, there's:
- Official Forum Gatherings (proper organised, lots of people)
- Official Mini-Gatherings (???)
- Unofficial mini-gatherings (we go where NewKid tells us)
- Me going to venues by myself...

:rofl:

ducasi
29th-August-2005, 07:49 PM
- Official Mini-Gatherings (???) Anywhere where Franck is teaching. :wink:

Yogi_Bear
30th-August-2005, 01:24 PM
Letchworth last night....not bad, but very disappointed with the music :sad: Virtually all thump, thump, thump :eek:

stewart38
30th-August-2005, 03:44 PM
:clap: , but it will be great to make contact with some of you gang, up to now the only one I know I have met is Stewart.

Dont build you hopes up after seeing me :wink:

Might see you at chesham on friday although seems the crowd are going towards another venue

Gill (Norwich)
30th-August-2005, 06:33 PM
Dont build you hopes up after seeing me :wink:

Might see you at chesham on friday although seems the crowd are going towards another venue

I am going to Cheshunt not Chesham :sad: So if you are at Chesham We'll need bloomin' long arms to dance together :what:

And I know the rest won't be as wonderful as you, you already told me that :whistle:

I am sure (like ships that pass in the night) we will meet again ;)
Just don't turn your back on me at Southport :innocent:

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 06:39 PM
I am going to Cheshunt not Chesham :sad: So if you are at Chesham We'll need bloomin' long arms to dance together :what:

And I know the rest won't be as wonderful as you, you already told me that :whistle:

Especially if she is carrying something sharp or heavy.

dee
30th-August-2005, 06:44 PM

Maybe i will get to meet you? me and sister will be going to :clap: never been to that venue before

Gill (Norwich)
30th-August-2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe i will get to meet you? me and sister will be going to :clap: never been to that venue before

That's great - Lynn and I will look out for you. I am just wondering how I am going to know who belongs to our crazy gang :confused:

In the poll I said I was going to Hipsters but Cheshunt looks so much easier to get to from Norwich, and with you gang and the kind offer of free entry what else could I do :nice:

tsh
30th-August-2005, 07:14 PM
Letchworth last night....not bad, but very disappointed with the music :sad: Virtually all thump, thump, thump :eek:

It's quite reliable though... Always seems to be virtually the same set! Just goes to show that most people don't care!

Sean

stewart38
30th-August-2005, 11:28 PM

you can have tea and cake at mine and :sad:

dee
31st-August-2005, 10:32 AM
Can anyone tell me what time Cheshunt starts and finishes? :flower:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 11:04 AM
Can anyone tell me what time Cheshunt starts and finishes? :flower:
Finishes at midnight (that's right, isn't it Robin :wink: )

Starts, err, dunno - officially, 8pm I think, but I usually get there around 9.

Depends if you want to register for the Evil Thing (OK, the DWAS competition) - I think you need to be there earlier if so.

Gill (Norwich)
31st-August-2005, 12:47 PM
the DWAS competition

What's this ? :confused:

LMC
31st-August-2005, 12:48 PM
What's this ? :confused:
Dance With A Stranger

Or Lucky Dip if you prefer (I think this is a better description as you may be lucky enough to 'draw' a good dancer that you know!)

DJ is just being an old misery, it only takes about four tracks out of the evening, less if you take part, even less if you make it through the first round.

Gill (Norwich)
31st-August-2005, 01:06 PM
Dance With A Stranger

Or Lucky Dip if you prefer (I think this is a better description as you may be lucky enough to 'draw' a good dancer that you know!)

DJ is just being an old misery, it only takes about four tracks out of the evening, less if you take part, even less if you make it through the first round.

This sounds good, but doubt if my daughter and I be there early enough to sign up for it as we can't leave from Norwich until 6pm, and it will depend on the traffic. If we are there on time though count us both in :clap:

Yogi_Bear
31st-August-2005, 01:11 PM
This sounds good, but doubt if my daughter and I be there early enough to sign up for it as we can't leave from Norwich until 6pm, and it will depend on the traffic. If we are there on time though count us both in :clap:I've just been on the phone to Ceroc Metro as I needto email them to arrange for free entry - apparently anyone arriving by 9.00 should be in time to enter the DWAS competition :clap:

Gill (Norwich)
31st-August-2005, 01:13 PM
I've just been on the phone to Ceroc Metro as I needto email them to arrange for free entry - apparently anyone arriving by 9.00 should be in time to enter the DWAS competition :clap:

:clap: Well unless we hit a convoy of tractors on the A11 we should make it then :rolleyes:

Yogi_Bear
31st-August-2005, 01:18 PM
:clap: Well unless we hit a convoy of tractors on the A11 we should make it then :rolleyes:Indeed. The possibility of a convoy of tractors on the A11 undermining the best laid plans of long distance dance fans should never be underestimated :whistle:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 02:21 PM
Indeed. The possibility of a convoy of tractors on the A11 undermining the best laid plans of long distance dance fans should never be underestimated :whistle:
:rofl: I'm tempted to change my sig again...

Seriously, you're fine coming down South, the major traffic is usually on the M25 eastbound, coming towards junction 25. Avoid it if you can - bring a picnic if you can't.

Ah, the M25 - :rolleyes: and now has Added Exploding Lorries...

Dance With A Stranger

I believe we had a discussion about the format of these a few months ago (approximately -2m BNK). The version I preferred (OK, disliked least intensely...) was a rolling DWAS where partners swapped regularly and each dancer was judged individually.

DJ is just being an old misery
It's actually quite scary how quickly you've grasped my essential nature. :eek:
But then I'm easily scared.

it only takes about four tracks out of the evening, less if you take part, even less if you make it through the first round.
I got the standard mail about it just now, and to quote:
"For those just wanting Freestyle, don't panic. The competition is very quick. It will only take out about 20 minutes of the evening. But you can still dance in the Bar Hall whilst the competition is in progress."

But it's still A Thing Of Evil, grump grump grump...

Yogi_Bear
31st-August-2005, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=DavidJames
I believe we had a discussion about the format of these a few months ago (approximately -2m BNK). The version I preferred (OK, disliked least intensely...) was a rolling DWAS where partners swapped regularly and each dancer was judged individually.

[/QUOTE] How about this? Encourage everyone to take part in the class, then make it a DWAS by judging how well people dance with their various partners when rotated.....avoiding the need for a separate DWAS and moans about it taking up freestyle time....? :whistle:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 02:48 PM
How about this? Encourage everyone to take part in the class, then make it a DWAS by judging how well people dance with their various partners when rotated.....avoiding the need for a separate DWAS and moans about it taking up freestyle time....? :whistle:
Well, there's no class on Friday, but as a general principle I like it. In fact, why not do it for every class? We can have "dancer of the evening" awards ("man of the match" equivalents) :)

But I'm sure I'd find something to moan about still.

Like: it's way too hot today isn't it? Yuk...

Yogi_Bear
31st-August-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, there's no class on Friday, but as a general principle I like it. In fact, why not do it for every class? We can have "dancer of the evening" awards ("man of the match" equivalents) :)

But I'm sure I'd find something to moan about still.

Like: it's way too hot today isn't it? Yuk...
Depending on the balance of leaders/folowers, of course, and the need to have people there to judge. Interesting idea to judge how well people dance to the set routine than to freestyle (removes the use of choreographed routines). The downside is that by taking part in the class, you put yourself up to be judged.

dee
31st-August-2005, 04:16 PM
Finishes at midnight (that's right, isn't it Robin :wink: )

Starts, err, dunno - officially, 8pm I think, but I usually get there around 9.

Depends if you want to register for the Evil Thing (OK, the DWAS competition) - I think you need to be there earlier if so.

Thanks for that young man!! see you there then :cheers: