PDA

View Full Version : So then, what rocks your boat??

TheTramp
30th-December-2002, 03:26 PM
In response to the discussion going on in the thread about the students, here's a chance to vote on your favourite style of music to dance to....

Steve

(No prizes for guessing mine!!)

Jayne
30th-December-2002, 03:30 PM
How come I can only vote for one option?

I'm a woman - I need more options!!!

Jayne
:nice:

TheTramp
30th-December-2002, 03:37 PM
I dunno. I wanted to vote for more than one. But it appears not to work :(

Ah well. Just vote for your favourite. Or get Franck to sort out what I did wrong....

Steve

Jayne
30th-December-2002, 03:45 PM
Can I vote for two large shots of club and swing, one shot of blues, a dash of rock 'n' roll and very easy on the R & B please?

Told you, it's that double x chromosome thing...

Jayne
:nice:

TheTramp
30th-December-2002, 03:46 PM
Ummm. Nope.

Just tick one box and get it over with!! :D

Steve

Emma
30th-December-2002, 05:39 PM
I want to vote for more than one, too :)

TheTramp
30th-December-2002, 05:44 PM
Women!! *shakes head while tutting* :rolleyes:

Steve

Emma
30th-December-2002, 05:50 PM
originally posted by TheTramp
I enjoy dancing blues. I enjoy dancing to swing tracks. And I also enjoy dancing to the newer, clubbier tracks. I wouldn't want to go to a night that is entirely swing and blues music either (well, not all the time anyhoo).

*cough* :what: :wink: :nice:

TheTramp
30th-December-2002, 05:53 PM
Well. I did already say that I'd have voted for more than one. I like dancing to just about any style of music (although, I have favourites and dislikes within each style). But I can still plump for my favourite type..... and you'll have to as well :D

Steve

Emma
30th-December-2002, 05:55 PM
:D I already have!

TheTramp
30th-December-2002, 05:57 PM
Hmmm. Looking at the options, I suppose that there should have been a 'Pop' option too. Or does Kylie and Ricky Martin count as 'Club'. Is it too late for someone to add this? And will it change how the people who've already voted would have voted?

Questions, questions....

Steve

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
30th-December-2002, 08:04 PM
I think Ricky Martin & Kylie are pop, not club!!! Not surprised to see Swing up there in top position. I really enjoy dancing to swing music :D, one of the best nights recently was at the "Swing Sunday" where there were two disc jockeys playing some amazing music between them.

Good pole, although I agree 2 options would be good- is this possible Franck?:confused:

Dance Demon
30th-December-2002, 08:24 PM
I voted for R&B coz it hopefully meant original R&B and not the stuff that gets classed that way now. The good ol' Joe Turner, Wynonie Harris, T Bone walker, stuff gets my vote hands down as you can dance any style of jive to it. Not surprised to see swing up there in front, but again swing has many categories. The old 40s style big band stuff is mostly appreciated by people who are dedicated lindy hoppers, however there is a leaning towards the Vegas style lounge music i.e. Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin, amongst modern jivers. Don't totally agree that it's just the beat that matters in dance music. Some of the modern club music that has a continuous thump thump, can be a bit monotonous and uninspiring.....then again that's just my opinion for what it's worth:grin: :cheers:

DavidB
30th-December-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
I voted for R&B coz it hopefully meant original R&B and not the stuff that gets classed that way now. I voted for R&B for exactly the opposite reason.

Each to his/her own.

David

Debster
31st-December-2002, 12:56 PM
I'm a woman and I am happy to vote for only one category... as long as I can change it every five minutes... :D

TheTramp
31st-December-2002, 01:03 PM
Debs...

Please see the 7th post in this thread, written by yours truly!

Steve

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
7th-January-2003, 12:17 PM
I have voted but like a combination of everything thanks:grin: