PDA

View Full Version : Kettering Tonight (Fri 26th)

Rebecca
26th-August-2005, 02:04 PM
Just a quick check to see if any forumites might venture to Kettering this evening for the freestyle.

I haven't danced for about 3 weeks and it hurts! Any takers?

Northants Girly
26th-August-2005, 02:05 PM
Just a quick check to see if any forumites might venture to Kettering this evening for the freestyle.

I haven't danced for about 3 weeks and it hurts! Any takers?I'll be there :D

Rebecca
26th-August-2005, 02:10 PM
I'll be there :D

:clap: Yay!! It'll be lovely to see you again. I've never been to the venue before. What's it like?

Zebra Woman
26th-August-2005, 02:25 PM
:clap: Yay!! It'll be lovely to see you again. I've never been to the venue before. What's it like?

Hey Rebecca, I won't be there but I have to say I love this venue. Fab DJ Rob Ambridge. Smooth sprung floor with loads of carpetted space around the floor with tables. The venue may even be non smoking now, or at least it will be in September. The floor is slightly sloped at one edge which makes for some really good fun if you're freespinning. High ceiling so it doesn't seem to get too hot.

Another big plus - there is a huge smooth area outside for pre-dance rollerblading or you could just play on the rides...

Have a great time

ZW :flower:

Captain Fantastic
26th-August-2005, 02:29 PM
It's got lots of pillars around the outside of the dance floor, then loads of seating outside that. Not huge but never seems too crowed. Lots of Nice people there too, include my mum and step dad. I used to go there when I was starting out as well so has some found memories.
:waycool:

Oh, and I’ll be there tonight.
:wink:

Rebecca
26th-August-2005, 02:52 PM
Oh, and I’ll be there tonight.
:wink:

Well who'd have guessed it. . . :wink:

Thanks for the info Alison. Sounds great. Have fun yourself :flower:

DavidY
27th-August-2005, 02:23 AM
The venue may even be non smoking nowThere was a big sign near to where people came in, saying that there was No Smoking in the room. :clap: :clap:

fletch
27th-August-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Rebecca, sorry I missed your thread :sad: we could have made contact :cheers: It was my first time it took me over 2hrs to get there I went around the ring road twice :sick: three girls and a map is not a good combination 2 of us are blond :rofl: did you have a good time? we loved it fab dancers :grin: we went on to a club in town after which was very good didn't get in till 4.15 :eek: but hayho!!!!! its another day Coventry and the Tower Ballroom Bham tonight if anyone interested!!!! :flower:

bigdjiver
27th-August-2005, 12:38 PM
I had a super night. The attendance was close to 300, which was pushing the floor to its limits. The standard of floorcraft was so high that I saw a minimal level of collisions. I hope the the organisers are going to fight for every square inch of floor space in the future. Too much was lost to storing things, big steps tpo the stage, and protruding tables. Every little helps. I would have like a later finish. Ceroc Central is moving towards a standard 12 p.m finish, and that is not a move I favour.

Northants Girly
27th-August-2005, 12:51 PM
I had a super night. The attendance was close to 300, which was pushing the floor to its limits. The standard of floorcraft was so high that I saw a minimal level of collisions. I hope the the organisers are going to fight for every square inch of floor space in the future. Too much was lost to storing things, big steps tpo the stage, and protruding tables. Every little helps. I would have like a later finish. Ceroc Central is moving towards a standard 12 p.m finish, and that is not a move I favour.I agree. Last Friday we were dancing till 1.30 am at Ashton's so I couldn't believe it when last night it finished at 12 pm. :tears:

DavidY
27th-August-2005, 01:40 PM
I had a super night. The attendance was close to 300, which was pushing the floor to its limits. The standard of floorcraft was so high that I saw a minimal level of collisions. I hope the the organisers are going to fight for every square inch of floor space in the future. Too much was lost to storing things, big steps tpo the stage, and protruding tables. Every little helps. I would have like a later finish. Ceroc Central is moving towards a standard 12 p.m finish, and that is not a move I favour. :yeah: I noticed the tables too - moving them back a little would have freed some valuable space. I agree the finish was too early - I was really surprised when the DJ announced the "last 2 records".

It was great not to be bothered by smoke though.

Overall I had a great night. :clap:

Lucy Locket
27th-August-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi Rebecca, sorry I missed your thread :sad: we could have made contact :cheers: It was my first time it took me over 2hrs to get there I went around the ring road twice :sick: three girls and a map is not a good combination 2 of us are blond :rofl: did you have a good time? we loved it fab dancers :grin: we went on to a club in town after which was very good didn't get in till 4.15 :eek: but hayho!!!!! its another day Coventry and the Tower Ballroom Bham tonight if anyone interested!!!! :flower:

I was there, we still haven't met :flower: And a club afterwards, why didn't we locals think of doing that. doh!

Trousers
27th-August-2005, 02:41 PM
Coventry and the Tower Ballroom Bham tonight if anyone interested!!!! :flower:

I know about Coventry but whats on at the Tower?

I'm in the market for a dance or eighteen.

fletch
27th-August-2005, 04:54 PM
You don't know the Tower Ballroom :eek: it's been going since before my time, think some of the punters have been there since it opend :wink: (no not really) :whistle: it holds about 400 and caters for us older crowd :waycool: fab music (well my taste anyway) and as I wasn't to impressed with the DJ at Stokport last week, and everyone else was, I havn't got much taste :sad: there will be about 30-40 MJ already there with us lot making up the numbers :clap: they have a live band rotating between the DJ slots and they are very good. Come come come all the more to dance with :cheers: :kiss: :cheers:

And we nearly always do a club after the venue, I can't get used to going home that early!!! :what: we have only had a few bad experiences, Gregories in Nantwitch (don't bother) I usually ask the door man or bar staff (if they look young enough) :D where to go, I carn't remember the name of the club we went to last night, don't think theres many in Kettering, but it was good, not to much garage, house, wardrobe, or what ever they call it :rolleyes: I even got a dance with a guy who was at the venue :grin: (made my night) :waycool: normal cluber's dont seem to know what to make of us, but it certainly make a good talking point :wink: :flower:

fletch
27th-August-2005, 05:12 PM
I was there, we still haven't met :flower: And a club afterwards, why didn't we locals think of doing that. doh!
We hav'nt been introduced :sad: but you carn't miss me i'm nearly 6ft and blond and a little :devil: are you going to Coventry tonight? i'm at Hipsters next Friday (just booked the Hotel) and Notts next Sat, I still only know a few of the forum, I would love to meet more of you :flower:
P.S. I have had quite a bit of the length of my nails off, although I havn't had any complaints (i'm very careful) you will have to show me yours :waycool:
You would have been very welcome at the club with us :cheers:

Trousers
27th-August-2005, 05:48 PM
I wasn't to impressed with the DJ at Stokport last week, and everyone else was,

Stockport town hall was that on Saturday I missed seeing you

i didn't see any immensely tall blond women - I would have noticed.

Although I did bottle at 11.45 to get curry, pick up my colleagues who were on the lash in chester and get up in time for work at 8.00
So if you turned up late i'd gone

the DJ was peter philips the dips and drops man.
and it was okay but nothing that you'd have written home about i agree.

I think Northwich is on the same week as Nott'm so i'm torn betwix the two.
there are some lovely ladies at both venues but the floor is better at nothwich.

Oh and i'm a brummie I know rotton park rezza and the tower hehe but from cov thats a drive init?

fletch
27th-August-2005, 06:03 PM
what you meen you know rezza hehe :wink: from one Brumie to another, i'm sure I dont know what you meen :whistle:

Well you didn't notice me :sad: and I had my tightest leather trousers on and basque (wasn't sure I would stop in it) :blush: and we were stood by the double doors half way down the room with Kevin!!! :waycool: you won't miss me tonight i'll try harder :tears: hope there isn't a theam tonigh I havent planned for it :really: I didn't know it was beach last week, the only beach I was dressed for was hedonism :rofl:

Trousers
27th-August-2005, 06:11 PM
hedonism :rofl:

theres a place maybe there's an idea for a theme night too?

i did see a pair a leather trousers early on and thought hmmmm they're gonna be hot. were they?

rezza = reservoir

theres one close to the tower - come out too drunk and drown close

fletch
27th-August-2005, 06:32 PM
i did see a pair a leather trousers early on and thought hmmmm they're gonna be hot. were they?

They were hot, but been a hot arse bird I can handle it :devil: it was the getting up and down which was the trouble :eek: as I explained to a man who asked the same question, if I needed th loo again I was going to have to stand out side over a drain, and let it roll down my leg :rofl: luckily it wasn't necessary :wink: he seemed to loose his rythm after that (don't know why) :wink: :whistle: :devil:

Trousers
27th-August-2005, 06:46 PM
a hot arse bird?

intruiging

needs further investiagtion

fletch
27th-August-2005, 06:55 PM
a hot arse bird?

intruiging

needs further investiagtion

later!!! later!!!! I need to get ready!!! save me a dance (you shud understand good old brummie saying) :wink:

bigdjiver
27th-August-2005, 08:53 PM
For once I was dancing with the right partners for some of my favourite tracks. It seems to be my usual fate to be asked by a beginner just when they come on. I had a lovely time playing to a swing track with Jivecat, a steamy UCP blues to "Fire", I suspect with someone not too far from here, and then dashed across to collect my chosen partner for the last, upbeat, track. I just missed her, but got asked by a lovely young lady who could "move it". Other highlights included being asked by a delightful young lady that remembered me from 5 years ago, and finding an adventurous young lady that wanted top learn my special moves. ---- I WANT MORE !!!! ----

Rebecca
30th-August-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry I missed you Lucy Locket and Fletch. It's so frustrating not knowing who people are. Hopefully the forum reception at Southport will help us all out (for those who are coming)

Mind you, on Friday I hardly got to catch up with the guys I did know there. Lots of familiar faces and no time to chat - dance, dance, dance. Fantastic! I'd missed it so much after a few weeks off.

Here's to more of the same :cheers: