:D

ducasi
26th-August-2005, 12:34 PM
:yeah:

Where else would anyone want to be? :confused:

David Bailey
26th-August-2005, 12:41 PM
It's a tough decision as ever...
Sod that, where's the "Wherever ZW is going" option? Huh?

LMC
26th-August-2005, 12:43 PM
Where's the sitting on the fence until the last minute option? :whistle:

David Bailey
26th-August-2005, 12:45 PM
Where's the sitting on the fence until the last minute option? :whistle:
Trouble is, if you put that one in, 90% of us would always go for that - kind of invalidates the whole reason for the poll. Which is to find out where ZW is going.

ElaineB
26th-August-2005, 12:52 PM
Pre Comp Party for me, I think.

:D

Snap!! :D

Elaine

killingtime
26th-August-2005, 12:56 PM

Yep pre-comp party it is! :waycool:

JoC
26th-August-2005, 01:05 PM
Yep pre-comp party it is! :waycool:
and another one :na:

DavidY
26th-August-2005, 01:19 PM
Pre Comp Party for me, I think.

:D :yeah:

ducasi
26th-August-2005, 01:27 PM
Where else would anyone want to be? :confused: Before I make a fool of myself, I take it tickets for the Friday will be available at the door? (I didn't buy one with my competition entry as I wasn't sure I'd make the Friday at the time.)

DavidY
26th-August-2005, 01:31 PM
Before I make a fool of myself, I take it tickets for the Friday will be available at the door? (I didn't buy one with my competition entry as I wasn't sure I'd make the Friday at the time.)Yes - see here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135346#post135346)

Chef
26th-August-2005, 01:43 PM
Err. Flying to Antigua for two weeks of sailing and dancing.

ducasi
26th-August-2005, 01:43 PM
Yes - see here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135346#post135346)
Thanks David, I wasn't just imagining that... :nice: (And yes, I'm in a lazy mood and couldn't be bothered searching that out – got to keep all my energy for dancing! :rolleyes:)

Mary
26th-August-2005, 01:55 PM
Just like to wish everyone lots of luck at Scotland champs this year. The Friday night party should be great fun - it was last year.

Have a great time to everyone who's going this year.

:cheers: :cheers:

M

Zebra Woman
26th-August-2005, 02:13 PM
Just like to wish everyone lots of luck at Scotland champs this year. The Friday night party should be great fun - it was last year.

Have a great time to everyone who's going this year.

:cheers: :cheers:

M
Yeah good luck to everyone competing ! :worthy: :cheers: :worthy:

I'm so sorry I missed the Scottish Comp option. Never post a poll in a hurry.

If a friendly moderator would like to add it....I would be most obliged.

Maybe my punishment is going to be a night alone at Cheshunt . :blush:

ZW :flower:

David Bailey
26th-August-2005, 03:05 PM
Ahhh... I didn't realize you'd already voted, I thought you were exhibiting your normal NewKid-like levels of fence-sitting.

If you're at Cheshunt, then of course that's where I'm going.
Robin's hair will probably need another shave then anyway...

Of course, I'd strongly advise all other male dancers to avoid Cheshunt, I want her all to myself. Mmm, DJ "Latin" Rob, air-con, free water, good floor, and lots of lovely dances with ZW.... :drool:

LMC
26th-August-2005, 03:43 PM
Ahhh... I didn't realize you'd already voted, I thought you were exhibiting your normal NewKid-like levels of fence-sitting.
No no no no no no no - you don't understand - ZW is my Yoda (although much much much better looking of course :flower: ), so when I'm sitting on the fence I'm exhibiting ZW-like behaviour. Not the reverse.

...and lots of lovely dances with ZW.... :drool:

and this is why ZW is my Yoda - I want to be in demand too :D - in seven years time or so maybe I'll be starting to get there

drathzel
26th-August-2005, 03:52 PM
i'll be sleeping making sure i keep all my energy for the 12 hour marathon (woo hoo :clap: )

ducasi
26th-August-2005, 03:57 PM
i'll be sleeping making sure i keep all my energy for the 12 hour marathon (woo hoo :clap: )
Somehow I don't think I'll need my energy for more than the first couple of hours... :sad:

Unless I get a really great dancer for my Lucky Dip like ... oops, not allow to say who! :wink:

killingtime
26th-August-2005, 03:59 PM

What sort of 12 hour marathon? :whistle:

Zebra Woman
26th-August-2005, 03:59 PM
No no no no no no no - you don't understand - ZW is my Yoda (although much much much better looking of course :flower: ), so when I'm sitting on the fence I'm exhibiting ZW-like behaviour. Not the reverse.

Hey Newkid Zebras don't like spending the whole week clinging to the fence... :sick:

I actually alternate between fence sitting and early commitment, just to be mysterious. Er.... I can see it didn't work.

Last time we had and Ashtons/Hipsters clash I voted early, and at the last Hipsters Cheshunt I voted late. Anyway this time I voted immediately, if you click on the voting numbers you can see that.

What's with the 200 views and only 13 votes ? (maybe it's the Champs factor, or is everyone waiting for Adam to post? :devil: )

I hope that fence is strong.

David Bailey
26th-August-2005, 04:03 PM
No no no no no no no - you don't understand - ZW is my Yoda
:rofl:
Mean you "ZW My Yoda is", padawan young?

is everyone waiting for Adam to post? :devil: )
Good point - where are all these freebies? Huh?

killingtime
26th-August-2005, 04:03 PM
I hope that fence is strong.

Mmmm... strong in the fence this one is.

LMC
26th-August-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey Newkid Zebras don't like spending the whole week clinging to the fence... :sick:
Just proves the point that I'm not very good yet then :D

Cheshunt is a great venue, but I found it hard work dance partner wise last time I must admit - just couldn't quite get into the evening somehow. Probably just me...

Never been to Hipsters.

So it probably be one or the other for me, but it's too early to say :whistle:

Northants Girly
26th-August-2005, 04:13 PM
Something really really wierd has happened

I definitely voted for "Other"

but now it looks like I'm going to the Pre comp party :really:

(but - its a different party I'm going to! :wink: )

help please moderators!

Almost an Angel
26th-August-2005, 04:40 PM
Sorry Guys,

Still going to be not able to dance so definately the 'other' option. No idea yet what.

I can only tempt/torture myself by turning up to nights when i know there's going to be lots of people to chat to.

Good luck to all those competing - let us know who comes where please.

Angel xxx

Tiggerbabe
26th-August-2005, 07:19 PM
Pre comp party for me too!

Drathzel, you're a wimp! :whistle: :wink:

drathzel
26th-August-2005, 07:23 PM
Pre comp party for me too!

Drathzel, you're a wimp! :whistle: :wink:

YUP!!! that and i dont think i could face travelling through both days! :tears:

Tiggerbabe
26th-August-2005, 07:25 PM
Go on! You know you want to :D

(thankfully, I'm only travelling as far as the Travelodge both nights)

See you Saturday :hug:

JoC
26th-August-2005, 07:28 PM
YUP!!! that and i dont think i could face travelling through both days! :tears:But what about practising with potential partners for the lucky dip?????? Surely will be THE most important competition of the day????

Robin
26th-August-2005, 08:10 PM
Robin's hair will probably need another shave then anyway...

I'm definitely feeling ill !

but both this sat and next fri me is on my todd as tezi is taking the family to portugal - and me being a silly sod has managed to book a major job at a client all weekend! :tears:

or in Star Wars speak "Me sah issa woorkin sah"

Gill (Norwich)
28th-August-2005, 11:52 AM
Okay, so who can let me have instructions on how to get to Cheshunt. It is about time I started to travel to improve my dancing :D

JoC
28th-August-2005, 12:02 PM
Okay, so who can let me have instructions on how to get to Cheshunt. It is about time I started to travel to improve my dancing :D
M6, M74, M8 (or A74), follow the ring road round to the east of Edinburgh until you see signs for Musselburgh, follow signs until you find a 'welcome to Musselburgh' sign. There you will find Cheshunt (temporarily renamed Musselburgh). There ye shall find the finest dancers in the land on the 2nd. :)

Gill (Norwich)
28th-August-2005, 12:12 PM
M6, M74, M8 (or A74), follow the ring road round to the east of Edinburgh until you see signs for Musselburgh, follow signs until you find a 'welcome to Musselburgh' sign. There you will find Cheshunt (temporarily renamed Musselburgh). There ye shall find the finest dancers in the land on the 2nd. :)

:rofl: If only..... I have my neice's hen night on the Saturday, I have already incurred the wrath of the whole family by missing the wedding because od Southport :sick:

I thought Cheshunt would be stretching it a bit but Musselburgh :really:
I definate maybe for next year though when I can dance better and get to know some of you crazy gang more ;) You definately seem my kind of people :clap:

Robin
28th-August-2005, 02:26 PM

get yourself to the a10 junction of the M25 and its about 5 mins north of there just off the a10 . Here's (http://www.cerocmetro.com/Cheshunt-map02.gif) the website map

Gill (Norwich)
28th-August-2005, 02:31 PM
get yourself to the a10 junction of the M25 and its about 5 mins north of there just off the a10 . Here's (http://www.cerocmetro.com/Cheshunt-map02.gif) the website map

Have printed it off thanks - hope to see some of you there :nice:

Lucy Locket
29th-August-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm fence sitting, waiting to hear from a few more of you guys.
Who's going to twist my arm??????

Scot
29th-August-2005, 10:44 PM

How far do we have to twist it to get you to come up to Scotland :devil:

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 08:35 AM
OK, as a comparison of Hipsters and Cheshunt:

Hipsters has better dancers, Cheshunt has more space to dance in
Hipsters goes on later, Cheshunt starts earlier
Hipsters bar has a good range of soft drinks, Cheshunt has a proper bar (and free water!)
Hipsters (well, town hall) has salsa downstairs, but you have to pay twice (it's a separate organisation.
Good dance floor at both places
Hipsters is hot, Cheshunt is cool :)

And finally, the music... this is a subjective (and indeed controversial area), so I'm probably taking my life in my own hands by expressing an opinion here. However:

At Hipsters (DJ Jon Brett), there's a great variety of music played, pretty much to fit all tastes. There's possibly more of a Lindy tradition amongst the clientele than other influences, which is reflected in the music chosen. Whilst there are always some good tracks there, it's not always personally to my taste.

At Cheshunt (DJ Robin), there seems to be more of a "smooth tunes" feel to it for me; there's a higher proportion of Latin and Blues music there, with more slow transitions between different music styles.

But again, music is always very very very subjective - my advice is try both and make up your own mind...

El Salsero Gringo
30th-August-2005, 08:44 AM
I think I'm going to have to try Cheshunt this time.

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 09:20 AM
I think I'm going to have to try Cheshunt this time.
Yeah? ( :skeptic: ) - put your vote where you mouth is, you fence-sitting donkey you...

Bex
30th-August-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey ZW, what happened to Twyford being on the poll????

That's where we'll be this Friday! :clap:

Bex
PS. Good luck to all those competing in the Scottish Champs, especially Simon & Nicole! :hug:

Sparkles
30th-August-2005, 10:36 AM
So, are the rumours true... is Adam back in town...? :cool:

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 10:38 AM
Yes, I noticed that. I think he's just voting to be there in spirit, or something :rolleyes: - I don't think he's back to grace our shores for a few weeks yet.

cerocmetro
30th-August-2005, 12:00 PM

It depends which town you mean, still in Windy Wellington although for the middle of winter it has been t-shirt and roller blades most days :whistle:

OK so does this help. Cheshunt is free again for forumites this friday :clap: Hey I love you guys :tears: PLease email me with your ceroc membership number and we will arrange entry. ceroc@hotmail.com There will also be the forumite table again. Tezi is away in POrtugal so I am going to ask David if he would like to play host. David would you like to play forumite host? :cheers:

I will be back 29th October so hope to catch up with you all then on the 1st friday in November.

Sparkles, I sooo want that dance :drool:
Adam
ps I have been told today I have to perform the HAKA at the SYdney champs, pretty cool for a London boy :waycool:

cerocmetro
30th-August-2005, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=cerocmetro] David would you like to play forumite host? :cheers:/QUOTE]

I hate quoting myself its like no one is out there :eek:

Sorry David had a more attractive offer, Lory is going to be hostess on Friday :yum: :drool: :drool:

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 12:32 PM
Sorry David had a more attractive offer, Lory is going to be hostess on Friday :yum: :drool: :drool:
Good, 'coz I don't want to meet people, they're all horrible anyway...

:clap: for the freebies though!

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 12:36 PM
Good, 'coz I don't want to meet people, they're all horrible anyway...

That kind of talk won't work.

We all luurrrrve you DJ.

CRL

Purple Sparkler
30th-August-2005, 12:37 PM
I might have considered Hipsters but for reasons I won't go into, nothing on earth could make me go this month.

So I shall be staying in checking what I need to get for my holiday in a frantic shopping spree on Saturday (departing Monday for Granada).

LMC
30th-August-2005, 12:38 PM
We all luurrrrve you DJ.
I don't.

*still on the fence (it's only Tuesday)*

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 12:40 PM
I might have considered Hipsters but for reasons I won't go into, nothing on earth could make me go this month.
Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.

So I shall be staying in checking what I need to get for my holiday in a frantic shopping spree on Saturday (departing Monday for Granada).
Granada - fantastic place.

Enjoy. :nice:

CRL

LMC
30th-August-2005, 12:43 PM
Considers descent from fence and dragging PS along to Hipsters to reduce importance of said reasons....

Purple Sparkler
30th-August-2005, 12:50 PM
*digs self in on opposite side of fence*

I'm not going.

Gill (Norwich)
30th-August-2005, 01:09 PM
OK so does this help. Cheshunt is free again for forumites this friday :clap:

Sure helps me :) Thanks it will help defray our fuel costs from Norwich. Look forward to seeing you lot - but how will I know any of you? :confused:

Andreas
30th-August-2005, 01:22 PM
My parents are in London this week. So I doubt I'll be coming. :tears:

Sparkles
30th-August-2005, 02:08 PM
Lory is going to be hostess on Friday :yum: :drool: :drool:
Suddenly Cheshunt is looking particularly attractive... :grin:
...but it's a long way to go :sad:.
I guess I'll have to see how much energy I have by the end of the week!
S. x

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't.
Amazing how 3 dances with me turns people off me :tears:

*still on the fence (it's only Tuesday)*
:worthy: Must be difficult to sit on your head on the fence...

Lucy Locket
30th-August-2005, 11:06 PM
How far do we have to twist it to get you to come up to Scotland :devil:

i wish i could but i can't

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 02:26 PM
ONLY 2 DAYS TO GO!

Well, everyone else is doing it... :innocent:

drathzel
31st-August-2005, 02:42 PM
ONLY 2 DAYS TO GO!

Well, everyone else is doing it... :innocent:

if everyone else shagged Tony Blair... would you? :eek:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 02:45 PM
if everyone else shagged Tony Blair... would you? :eek:
Hmmm, good question. I mean, he's got a nice tan now, plus he's clearly pretty darned virile...

On the other hand, would you want slopp - Oops, hold on. I'm falling for the Drathzel patented drag-it-upstairs approach here, aren't I? :blush:

drathzel
31st-August-2005, 03:01 PM
On the other hand, would you want slopp - Oops, hold on. I'm falling for the Drathzel patented drag-it-upstairs approach here, aren't I? :blush:

:yeah: Hell yeah!!!!

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 03:10 PM
:yeah: Hell yeah!!!!
Hah, I'm wise to your tricks, oh mushroom-eschewing one!

(We're still downstairs, how close was that ?)

drathzel
31st-August-2005, 03:34 PM
(We're still downstairs, how close was that ?)

how can i answer that without going upstairs? :really:

LMC
31st-August-2005, 04:18 PM
*peeks*

OK, no-one's looking

*votes in keeping with avatar*

drathzel
1st-September-2005, 11:42 AM
I am changing my vote! I am going to Scot Champs pre party! woo hoo! :hug:

Robin
1st-September-2005, 12:23 PM
Sure helps me :) Thanks it will help defray our fuel costs from Norwich. Look forward to seeing you lot - but how will I know any of you? :confused:

very confused - are you going to cheshunt or to hipsters - you said one, voted another !

btw if you've emailed adam with your details he should sort out the entry on the door - also Lory is hosting the "forumite" table so chance is you know her !

Easter Bunny
1st-September-2005, 12:54 PM

Elaine

Snap :yeah: :clap:

Lesley

Gill (Norwich)
1st-September-2005, 01:01 PM
very confused - are you going to cheshunt or to hipsters - you said one, voted another !

btw if you've emailed adam with your details he should sort out the entry on the door - also Lory is hosting the "forumite" table so chance is you know her !

I know :blush: I am a woman, I changed my mind :rolleyes:

stewart38
1st-September-2005, 01:05 PM
It depends which town you mean, still in Windy Wellington although for the middle of winter it has been t-shirt and roller blades most days :whistle:

OK so does this help. Cheshunt is free again for forumites this friday :clap: Hey I love you guys :tears: PLease email me with your ceroc membership number and we will arrange entry. ceroc@hotmail.com There will also be the forumite table again. Tezi is away in POrtugal so I am going to ask David if he would like to play host. David would you like to play forumite host? :cheers:

I will be back 29th October so hope to catch up with you all then on the 1st friday in November.

Sparkles, I sooo want that dance :drool:
Adam
ps I have been told today I have to perform the HAKA at the SYdney champs, pretty cool for a London boy :waycool:

Ok want to go but this isnt a valid hotmail address :sick:

Gill (Norwich)
1st-September-2005, 01:08 PM
My email went throughto it last night, I got a reply tis morning. Try it again.

stewart38
1st-September-2005, 01:10 PM

yes i think a @ instead of a . might help

see you there

ps i put chesham so that '1' isnt going there. cant we amend vote poles (just oursleves of course.)

cerocmetro
1st-September-2005, 01:13 PM

Hi Stewart the email address is working fine, ceroc@hotmail.com

Adam :wink:

WittyBird
1st-September-2005, 01:16 PM
oh im worried now cos i didnt and havent had a reply and i sent one last night :grin:

Gill (Norwich)
1st-September-2005, 01:17 PM
oh im worried now cos i didnt and havent had a reply and i sent one last night :grin:
I think I was emailed back 'cause I am a dumbo and didn't remember to put my name on here on my email. :whistle:

Yogi_Bear
1st-September-2005, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=Zebra Woman

ZW :flower:[/QUOTE] I don't think so :D

Robin
1st-September-2005, 01:50 PM
oops - should always read all the thread b4 posting !!!!

slapped wrist

Robin
1st-September-2005, 01:55 PM

well - 'spose you do need to bear in mind that they are 11 hours in front - so 1.15pm = 12.15 am

also - the cerocmetro (nz) nights :whistle: are wed & thurs

WittyBird
1st-September-2005, 07:22 PM
well - 'spose you do need to bear in mind that they are 11 hours in front - so 1.15pm = 12.15 am

also - the cerocmetro (nz) nights :whistle: are wed & thurs

Cool thanks for that... I got a reply and I am so excited to be going I havent been to Cheshunt yet :grin: Certainly looking forward to meeting all the people i havent met from here yet! :clap:

David Bailey
1st-September-2005, 07:28 PM
Cool thanks for that... I got a reply and I am so excited to be going I havent been to Cheshunt yet :grin: Certainly looking forward to meeting all the people i havent met from here yet! :clap:
Errr.... I may not be going now...

Of course, that could be viewed as a Good Thing. :blush:

WittyBird
1st-September-2005, 07:42 PM

Aw that's not fair, one Wittybird is well and truly gutted now. But then again we have met :grin: And what a lovely experience it was too. :D Hang on thinking about it, it wasn't that good I only got the one dance :whistle:

David Bailey
1st-September-2005, 07:51 PM
We'll see - I may be there, I may not.

Maybe I should change my name to ScarletPimpernel, name-changing seems to be in vogue at the moment...

Stuart
1st-September-2005, 08:13 PM
I might go to Chesham as I haven't been there for ages.

dee
1st-September-2005, 09:06 PM

And i was looking forward to having you on the floor young man! :flower:

LMC
1st-September-2005, 09:11 PM
If you haven't experienced one of DJ's straitjackets, you haven't lived (still trying to work out how *that* happens :eek: - or does the fact that I can't work it out mean that I'm following correctly? :rolleyes: )

Gill (Norwich)
1st-September-2005, 09:35 PM

Dee, do you wish to rephrase that? :eek:
Oh maybe not :wink:
And if he is that good can we share ????

dee
1st-September-2005, 09:42 PM
Dee, do you wish to rephrase that? :eek:
Oh maybe not :wink:

Danced a double trouble with him with Dizzy a few weeks back, that was the first time i met him, was very good. Hoped i could get him alone to dance with, but if you insist on sharing i dont mind if you and DJ dont (well thats if he is going) :yum:

LMC
1st-September-2005, 09:43 PM
He's good, Tessalicious and I shared on Monday

You were talking about Double Trouble weren't you? :innocent:

Gill (Norwich)
1st-September-2005, 09:47 PM

Of course (she lies through her teeth) :blush:
and if he is that good I am not sure I want to share :drool:

dee
1st-September-2005, 10:03 PM
Of course (she lies through her teeth) :blush:
and if he is that good I am not sure I want to share :drool:

Hope your not saying I lie?

Right if your not sharing, then neither am i :hug:

LMC
1st-September-2005, 10:05 PM
Right if your not sharing, then neither am i :hug:

Looks like you're out of luck on your threesome DJ

WittyBird
1st-September-2005, 10:12 PM

Gotta say though all three of you looked pretty amazing! thats the first time i had seen DT and boy was I am impressed... Tessalicious is a beautiful dancer as well I watched her for some of the night on Monday. :grin:

Lucy Locket
1st-September-2005, 10:22 PM
i'm working in luton tomorrow, so it would make sense to not come all the way back home to northampton & drive all the way down again to Cheshunt. I don't tend to leave work till late anyway. I can get washed & changed there. Would anyone like to meet up for a drink beforehand?

jockey
2nd-September-2005, 12:35 AM
Err. Flying to Antigua for two weeks of sailing and dancing.
No cooking?

stewart38
2nd-September-2005, 09:17 AM
Re Chesnut and DWAS do people know if you have to get there by 8pm ?

Its going to be ahrd what with the M25 etc :sick:

David Bailey
2nd-September-2005, 10:16 AM

Apparently, before 9pm should be fine. You Evil Competitor you...

Zebra Woman
2nd-September-2005, 10:24 AM

Stewart I think you need to be there by 9 to do the DWAS. Miss Conduct and I are planning to get there 8ish so that we can enjoy the maximum Freestyle time.

See you there.

Everyone else...Have a fab night wherever you are :cheers:

Alison

WittyBird
2nd-September-2005, 10:24 AM
Apparently, before 9pm should be fine. You Evil Competitor you...

Spoil sport - dont tell Stewart things like that. His time keeping is bad enough means we wont get there till at least 10pm now :rofl:

Tessalicious
2nd-September-2005, 10:25 AM
Gotta say though all three of you looked pretty amazing! thats the first time i had seen DT and boy was I am impressed... Tessalicious is a beautiful dancer as well I watched her for some of the night on Monday. :grin: :blush: thanks :hug: - but I now feel bad that I don't know who you are - did I dance with you in the class on Monday? If you're there again next week, do introduce yourself, it's always nice to meet new people.

And I have to say, DT with DJ is an experience everyone should have at least once (dammit, now they'll be queuing up and I won't get a look in), and for the ladies it's a lot easier than it looks (although I think it probably helps if you've done a little salsa, since he does tend to drift into salsa mode :rolleyes: )

JoC
2nd-September-2005, 10:47 AM
And I have to say, DT with DJ is an experience everyone should have at least once (dammit, now they'll be queuing up and I won't get a look in), and for the ladies it's a lot easier than it looks (although I think it probably helps if you've done a little salsa, since he does tend to drift into salsa mode :rolleyes: )Out of idle interest, is there a salsa equivalent to DT?

Zebra Woman
2nd-September-2005, 10:55 AM
Out of idle interest, is there a salsa equivalent to DT?

Yes there is, it's excellent if you get a good lead.....And if you dance DT salsa with Andreas there is certainly no opportunity for being idle! He is very good at keeping two women busy.

I have only ever danced DT salsa with him, I am waiting for my first proper salsa dance. :wink:

David Bailey
2nd-September-2005, 11:03 AM
:blush: thanks :hug: - but I now feel bad that I don't know who you are - did I dance with you in the class on Monday?

I think so - she danced with me, I think, and as you were standing next to me, it's a fair bet... :)

{ snip nice stuff }
Awww... you guy... :blush: :hug:
I'm almost feeling guilty about possibly dumping the lot of you for the prospect of a night of salsa with a gorgeous blonde of "phenomenal skill". Almost.

he does tend to drift into salsa mode :rolleyes: )
I think it's more that I always dance salsa, but sometimes I have to fit it into an MJ beat... :rolleyes:

Out of idle interest, is there a salsa equivalent to DT?
Yes, although this seems to have gone out of style recently - maybe because it's a challenge to try cross-body leading with two women? It's not impossible, though, I managed a cross-body DT lead last night, it seemed to work well :yum:

Northants Girly
2nd-September-2005, 11:09 AM
Something really really wierd has happened

I definitely voted for "Other"

but now it looks like I'm going to the Pre comp party :really:

(but - its a different party I'm going to! :wink: )

help please moderators!As a couple of people have asked . . . . I'm definitely NOT going to be in Scotland. When I voted the comp party option didn't even exist so I don't know how I got on there :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a fab night tonight whereever you go :clap:

Tessalicious
2nd-September-2005, 12:03 PM
I think so - she danced with me, I think, and as you were standing next to me, it's a fair bet... :)Ok, ok so I'm dense - but how am I supposed to know these things if no-one tells me :tears:

Awww... you guy... Now I think you're confusing me with Lou...

I'm almost feeling guilty about possibly dumping the lot of you for the prospect of a night of salsa with a gorgeous blonde of "phenomenal skill". Almost.You cut me deep, DJ, you cut me real deep just now. But if we're not gorgeous enough or phenomenally skilful enough for you, I guess that's up to you :what:

Yogi_Bear
2nd-September-2005, 12:08 PM
.....But if we're not gorgeous enough or phenomenally skilful enough for you, I guess that's up to you :what:
The competing attractions of 'gorgeous' and 'skilful' have been debated here recently in another thread. A combination of the two in one person, in the context of salsa (or blues? :D ) , though rare, would surely be irresistible :whistle:

David Bailey
2nd-September-2005, 12:17 PM
But if we're not gorgeous enough
Yeah, yeah, fish all you like - I only compliment for rep, what part of the sig didn't you understand?

or phenomenally skilful enough for you
Actually, those weren't my words, but, ahem, someone else's :whistle:

WittyBird
2nd-September-2005, 12:23 PM
I think so - she danced with me, I think, and as you were standing next to me, it's a fair bet... :)

What do you mean you think I danced with you ? :tears:

LMC introduced us and you took me for a dance. :rofl: Tessalicious was nowhere to be seen at that point! But yes at the next opportunity I will introduce myself to her and hopefully pick up some tips :grin:

LMC
2nd-September-2005, 12:27 PM

LMC introduced us and you took me for a dance. :rofl: Tessalicious was nowhere to be seen at that point! But yes at the next opportunity I will introduce myself to her and hopefully pick up some tips :grin:
Tessalicious dances lead in beginners and intermediate classes, (and very nicely too :flower: ) - so you almost certainly danced with her WB :nice: - she looks just like her avatar (funny that, I'm sure I'm less orange IRL than mine).

David Bailey
2nd-September-2005, 12:34 PM

Sorry - I meant, during the class. She was standing next to me as a leader, you'd probably have noticed her, as she looked a little less manly than me.

LMC introduced us and you took me for a dance. :rofl:
And it was magical :flower:

WittyBird
2nd-September-2005, 12:45 PM
Tessalicious dances lead in beginners and intermediate classes, (and very nicely too :flower: ) - so you almost certainly danced with her WB :nice: - she looks just like her avatar (funny that, I'm sure I'm less orange IRL than mine).

I'm 100% sure I didnt dance with her :tears: looks like I missed out :what:
Yes you are less orange IRL and you dont tend too stand on your head either :rofl:

Tessalicious
2nd-September-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm 100% sure I didnt dance with her :tears: looks like I missed out :what: not at all - if you're at Cheshunt tonight then I'd be delighted to have a dance with you (come and find me as early on as poss if you want me to lead properly - my leading brain switches off at about 10:30)

Yes you are less orange IRL Hmm apart from that time when the fake-tan went horribly wrong...

JoC
2nd-September-2005, 01:16 PM
Yes there is, it's excellent if you get a good lead.....And if you dance DT salsa with Andreas there is certainly no opportunity for being idle! He is very good at keeping two women busy.Well here's hoping I get the chance one day! Signed up for salsa course just in case. :D

Gill (Norwich)
2nd-September-2005, 01:18 PM
So who, apart from those listed in poll under Cheshunt, are going to that venue tonight. I am and I am under Hipsters, and I think Stewart 38 is and he is listed under Chesham, and my daughter whose name on here will be Dilly when she can eventually get registered (she has hotmail email did anyone else have this prob and if so how long did you have to wait to be registered?).

Can't wait to meet you all, we will be setting off at 6pm so we should make it for most of the evening. See you there :clap:

stewart38
2nd-September-2005, 01:41 PM
So who, apart from those listed in poll under Cheshunt, are going to that venue tonight. I am and I am under Hipsters, and I think Stewart 38 is and he is listed under Chesham, and my daughter whose name on here will be Dilly when she can eventually get registered (she has hotmail email did anyone else have this prob and if so how long did you have to wait to be registered?).

Can't wait to meet you all, we will be setting off at 6pm so we should make it for most of the evening. See you there :clap:

still want to know why individuals cant change their voting ? there must be a way :sick:

But hey i didnt know anything about rep until WB told me (have some rep)

im going to cheshunt of WB map reading is up to strach

WittyBird
2nd-September-2005, 01:48 PM
But hey i didnt know anything about rep until WB told me (have some rep)

Cheeky man I hope your gonna smile tonite
my navigation skills are tickety boo :rofl:

Gill (Norwich)
2nd-September-2005, 01:50 PM
Shame your typing/spelling isn't :rofl: (only teasing - see you there :hug: )

Icey
2nd-September-2005, 01:58 PM
As this is my last late Friday night out for the forseeable future I have decided to keep it more local and go to Hipsters than trek all the way over to Cheshunt.

I now have to be up early every saturday and I have to be 'with it' :tears:

stewart38
2nd-September-2005, 01:58 PM
Cheeky man I hope your gonna smile tonite
:rofl:

Do you know how hard ive had to work at being called Jack Dee :mad:

WittyBird
2nd-September-2005, 02:01 PM
not at all - if you're at Cheshunt tonight then I'd be delighted to have a dance with you (come and find me as early on as poss if you want me to lead properly - my leading brain switches off at about 10:30)

Thanks for that I will look forward to it.
Yay I will be there if Stewart38's driving is ok :rofl:

David Bailey
2nd-September-2005, 02:56 PM
So who, apart from those listed in poll under Cheshunt, are going to that venue tonight.
I wasn't - but now I am again. I'll be there.
But I'm going to predict that Adam won't be, so mark him off the "real" list :)

(she has hotmail email did anyone else have this prob and if so how long did you have to wait to be registered?).
My friend's only on hotmail, she send of the manual mail thing to Franck yesterday, she's not registered yet. It's a pain, isn't it - I think the registration should tell you about the hotmail stuff before you fill in the forms, rather than after it doesn't work...

Gill (Norwich)
2nd-September-2005, 03:09 PM
I wasn't - but now I am again. I'll be there.
But I'm going to predict that Adam won't be, so mark him off the "real" list :)

Well that's good news, so are we on for a dance (pretty please) :innocent:
He has further to come than I have :rofl:

David Bailey
2nd-September-2005, 03:16 PM
Well that's good news, so are we on for a dance (pretty please)
Sure.

I'll be the one studiously avoiding doing any socialising with any forumites, grumbling about the time taken by the competition, and refusing to dance to anything faster than, oooh, 45bpm.

I know how to big myself up.

stewart38
2nd-September-2005, 03:16 PM
Well that's good news, so are we on for a dance (pretty please) :innocent:
He has further to come than I have :rofl:

so how many from this forum actually going now :sick:

Now i know there is no cliqueyness but can we have gold ribben around OUR table ??

LMC
2nd-September-2005, 03:21 PM
so how many from this forum actually going now :sick:

Now i know there is no cliqueyness but can we have gold ribben around OUR table ??
There was no gold ribbon last time, but it was the one nearest the stage, will that do?

stewart38
2nd-September-2005, 03:22 PM
There was no gold ribbon last time, but it was the one nearest the stage, will that do?

Is New Kid coming ?

LMC
2nd-September-2005, 03:27 PM
Is New Kid coming ?
*** give it a b****y rest - there, happy now I've been completely and blatantly unreasonable?

back on topic: I'm going to Hipsters.

Gill (Norwich)
2nd-September-2005, 03:34 PM
Time for you two to kiss and make up I think :whistle:

LMC
2nd-September-2005, 03:37 PM
Time for you two to kiss and make up I think :whistle:
But miss, he started it... < /whine mode >

Russell Saxby
2nd-September-2005, 03:38 PM
*** give it a b****y rest

This is getting :confused: who the hell is ***

JesterMan :D

Jon Brett
2nd-September-2005, 03:41 PM
People have been asking me about Ealing tonight (no, really) so

Amir will be guest teacher. He'll be kicking off at 8.30pm with a Special Dancer's Technique class, followed by a Musicality routine. Freestyle finish is at the usual 1am.

JB

killingtime
2nd-September-2005, 03:48 PM
This is getting :confused: who the hell is ***

JesterMan :D

For Frank Sake :D

LMC
2nd-September-2005, 03:55 PM
People have been asking me about Ealing tonight (no, really) so

Amir will be guest teacher. He'll be kicking off at 8.30pm with a Special Dancer's Technique class, followed by a Musicality routine. Freestyle finish is at the usual 1am.

JB
:clap: - Amir's class at Twyford last month were great!

Really really really pleased I picked Hipsters now :D

David Bailey
2nd-September-2005, 04:08 PM
:clap: - Amir's class at Twyford last month were great!

Really really really pleased I picked Hipsters now :D
It does sound good... :sad:

Why are these things always clashing? It's very annoying... :angry:

WittyBird
2nd-September-2005, 04:52 PM
Anyone planning on doing the DWAS comp @ Cheshunt tonite? :grin:

Lory
3rd-September-2005, 01:54 AM
Well, we had quite a little forum gathering tonight! :waycool: :clap:

Congratulations to Sheepy and Dilly (Gill [Norwich's] daughter) on winning the DWAS comp and to all those who got into the final round (I'm sure there were loads of forumites, but I can't remember who?)

Thanks to Robin for a great set, loved the last hour! :clap:

And thanks to all the men I danced with, Sheepy, ESG, Silverfox, David James, Robin, Stewart 38, Yogy Bear and of course Kev F (who kindly let me commandeer him most of the night! :clap: )

And also the lovely lady leads! :worthy:

Nice to meet Gill and Dilly and get to know Witty a bit more :)

There could have been more men, as there were more than a few ladies over, all of a good standard, I'm sure we won't hear the men complaining.. well, maybe just David James but then it would be DJ if he didn't!

I had a good time anyway! :grin:

stewart38
3rd-September-2005, 01:59 AM

Congratulations to Sheepy and Dilly (Gill [Norwich's] daughter) on winning the DWAS comp and to all those who got into the final round (I'm sure there were loads of forumites, but I can't remember who?)

Thanks to Robin for a great set, loved the last hour! :clap:

And thanks to all the men I danced with, Sheepy, ESG, Silverfox, David James, Robin, Stewart 38, Yogy Bear and of course Kev F (who kindly let me commandeer him most of the night! :clap: )

And also the lovely lady leads! :worthy:

Nice to meet Gill and Dilly and get to know Witty a bit more :)

There could have been more men, as there were more than a few ladies over, all of a good standard, I'm sure we won't hear the men complaining.. well, maybe just David James but then it would be DJ if he didn't!

I had a good time anyway! :grin:

Yes fantastic evening and thanks for the dance Lorry me trying more 'attitude'

Thanks for the many dances from the forumites and others.

Well done Dilly , drinks are on you at southport but I hear Gill will provide :wink:

yes I guess could have done with a few more men ,may have to practice my double trouble next time :cheers:

Clive Long
3rd-September-2005, 02:21 AM
... and Ealing Hipsters didn't really take off for me.

No disrespect to the ladies I danced with but I found it just difficult to "get going".

I was sitting out 3 dances in a row.

Crowded floor, foot scraping going on, got shoved by someone trying to protect their "slot". I feel getting territorial when so many jammed in was a bit impractical. Just protecting your partner was the order of the day. Of course, several people doing aerials and "jumped returns" without space to ensure a safe landing for partner or others around.

These things happen.

What was others experience of the evening? Saw LMC, Icey, Andreas and Jockey there. How was it for you?

High hopes for Twyford tomorrow.

Clive

Gill (Norwich)
3rd-September-2005, 02:30 AM
Just home from Cheshunt.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic evening, yes I would have liked a few more dances but the girls on here are brilliant dancers so I didn't stand a chance :sick:
Intend to keep practising and then who knows :nice:
Seriously thanks to the men that did dance with me :flower: , and roll on Southport so we can all meet again :cheers:
Robin thanks for a good set tonight, I too particularly enjoyed the last hour.

WittyBird
3rd-September-2005, 09:08 AM

I had a fantastic night - Thanks Lory for being the perfect hostest :grin:
Shame it seemed to be over so quickly. Lovely to meet everyone :D

It must of been a good night cos I'm sure Stewart38 smiled at some point :rofl:
Thank you to all the men for the wonderful dances I had :worthy:

One thing I need to ask is ... Whose going to Twyford tomorrow? :grin:

under par
3rd-September-2005, 09:52 AM
:

One thing I need to ask is ... Whose going to Twyford tomorrow? :grin:

I'll be going but there is a thread all about it...

"Saturday 3rd Sept - Twyford Freestyle!!"

Maybe meet you for a dance !!!

WittyBird
3rd-September-2005, 10:23 AM
I'll be going but there is a thread all about it...

"Saturday 3rd Sept - Twyford Freestyle!!"

Maybe meet you for a dance !!!

Goodness I can be so numb didnt see it :rofl:
that would be lovely perhaps you can show me how its done :grin:

Yogi_Bear
3rd-September-2005, 10:25 AM
Just home from Cheshunt.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic evening, yes I would have liked a few more dances but the girls on here are brilliant dancers so I didn't stand a chance :sick:
Intend to keep practising and then who knows :nice:
Seriously thanks to the men that did dance with me :flower: , and roll on Southport so we can all meet again :cheers:
Robin thanks for a good set tonight, I too particularly enjoyed the last hour.
Thanks to all forumites for some great dances at Cheshunt, especial thanks to WittyBird for the DWAS dance, to Lory and ZW. Two quotes to leave you with:
"I've got to wring out my bra!" - Lory
"Bits will fall off if you rub me too hard" - Tessalicious
Roll on Southport :cheers:

under par
3rd-September-2005, 10:28 AM
:
that would be lovely perhaps you can show me how its done :grin:

Don't know about that quite! :really:

But we could have a good go! :whistle:

WittyBird
3rd-September-2005, 10:32 AM
Two quotes to leave you with:
"I've got to wring out my bra!" - Lory

Cant type too busy laughing gonna fall off my perch if this carries on :rofl:

Tessalicious
3rd-September-2005, 10:51 AM
Fab evening, thanks guys - particularly thanks for Kev F for putting up with me in DWAS :hug: and gratz to Sheepy and Dilly for winning the plonk. Also thanks to Sparkles - that girl is a fabulous lead that most men could learn a hell of a lot from - and lovely to meet WittyBird, Yogi-Bear and stewart38 (yes, I know who you are now, cue evil laugh)

...That really wasn't intended to be as dodgy as it came out... (well almost)

LMC
3rd-September-2005, 11:13 AM
... and Ealing Hipsters didn't really take off for me.
:yeah: - no disrespect to the gents I danced with...

Amir's lessons were great fun, dead jealous 'cos Icey got to dance with him & I didn't. But I ran out of steam by about 10.30... guess I got fed up with being crashed into and the floor was a bit sticky.

Great music, shame the evening just didn't quite come together!

Minnie M
3rd-September-2005, 11:30 AM
.....Amir's lessons were great fun......
:confused: was Amir teaching - wot no Nige :tears: N&N class at Friday's Hipsters was always a draw :worthy:

If I could have gone out last night I think it would have been Hipsters - has it had its day :tears:

Also thanks to Sparkles - that girl is a fabulous lead that most men could learn a hell of a lot from
:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: totally agree :worthy:

PS: Just remembered Beach Boogie this weekend - that's where N&N must be

Lory
3rd-September-2005, 11:32 AM
Also thanks to Sparkles - that girl is a fabulous lead that most men could learn a hell of a lot from
:yeah: :worthy:

David Bailey
3rd-September-2005, 12:28 PM
:confused: was Amir teaching - wot no Nige :tears: N&N class at Friday's Hipsters was always a draw :worthy:
I understood it was a one-off "showcase demo" thing...?

If I could have gone out last night I think it would have been Hipsters - has it had its day :tears:
Good question. Certainly it seems as busy as ever - too much so, from what people say - so I doubt it's in much danger of closing any time soon. A good night at Hipsters would definitely have been a special experience - but the trouble is that lately people haven't really been having a good night at Hipsters; various factors at play, but certainly having lots of people in a naturally hot room is not much fun.

For me, the last couple of BFFFs weren't as much fun for me as, say, a year ago. I dunno, maybe we're expecting too much now from the place?

Certainly, I had a good time at Cheshunt, even with the competition (I thought the standard of judging was particularly high, what do you think Lory? :wink: ), but apart from Robin's smooth tunes, it's just a standard Ceroc venue; nice floor, good bar, but nothing extraordinary. It was lovely to see the forumites of course, and that raised the evening level for me.

At least now we have a choice of venues, a few years ago you'd be lucky to find anywhere to MJ on a weekend...

Zebra Woman
3rd-September-2005, 12:36 PM
I had a great night, no regrets on the choosing Cheshunt except that a few more man would have been much appreciated. I was missing some of our Hipsters friends...but were they missing us?? Great to meet Dilly, Gill and Witty Bird at last.

Good work on the part of Robin for dancing and DJ-ing, I have never seen a more immaculately timed arrival at the deck to press the cue button than the one after our dance :worthy: .

Music was good, a bit poppy for me at first but I loved the last hour. Thanks Robin. Well done to Dilly and Sheepy in the DWAS comp.

I had some fab dances, lots of experimentation something to do with the space I think. The locals were very friendly I had some great dances with them. Last night I felt more able to appreciate the uniqueness of each of the dancers I danced with. I don't know why, it just happened.

Highlights include :

Stupendous penguin walk with a perfect pause on the break from ESG.
Lush penguin walks from Sparkles she is the Mistress of that :worthy:
Stewart38's syncopated walks
DJ's cross-body moves with hairpulling,
Yogi's smooth lead,
Tessalucious for a yummy dance and letting me rub her (but not so hard that bits fell off)
Sheepy's amazing break where we held our breath,
Kev F's lush cha cha lead ,
SilverFox's foxy moves....(my knees were trembling from sitting on the floor during the DWAS - honest!)

Thanks everyone :hug: .
A good night indeed, definitely need more men next time though.

stewart38
3rd-September-2005, 12:49 PM
Highlights include :

Stewart38's syncopated walks

Thanks everyone :hug: .
A good night indeed, definitely need more men next time though.

Yes learnt something new thanks

Now got to remember it :sick:

bigdjiver
3rd-September-2005, 01:32 PM
i'm working in luton tomorrow, so it would make sense to not come all the way back home to northampton & drive all the way down again to Cheshunt. I don't tend to leave work till late anyway. I can get washed & changed there. Would anyone like to meet up for a drink beforehand?So much for the perceived attraction of the Luton Freestyle. FWIW I enjoyed it, although I could not manage the class given by Emma, which involved Tango and cha-cha footwork that most of the guys in the class could not see.

As a suggestion, a couple of slow walk throughs of the routine in the centre of the dancefloor with the class in a circle observing the footwork before the usual stage tuition would have been very helpful.

Jon Brett
3rd-September-2005, 02:35 PM
Certainly it seems as busy as ever - too much so, from what people say

Actually there was more room last night than usual because of Beach Boogie.

I doubt it's in much danger of closing any time soon.

We plan to keep going as long as people keep coming.

lately people haven't really been having a good night at Hipsters

Erm, yes they have! Else it wouldn't be as popular as it is. People travel in from miles around - they wouldn't do that if it wasn't worth the trip. Once again people stayed right up until 1am.

Any musical grumbles I've had (and they are few) seem to be from those that want mainly slower or mainly latin stuff. And although I've increased the amount of slower/latin tunes in my sets nowadays to reflect this, I have found most dancers want variety with a proper mix with fast & slow tunes thrown in covering all types & years and challenges.

Every month I bring in a bunch of new tunes. Remember that fire, vem vet, james hunter, russia with love, won't you join me for a drink, would you tango, etc. (I'm not giving away my more recent discoveries) were all played at Hipsters first.

Hipsters attracts good dancers, but like all venues, we get the occasional random in flip-flops, but hey, that's entertainment!

LMC
3rd-September-2005, 02:48 PM
Actually there was more room last night than usual because of Beach Boogie.
It was my first time there, and I must admit I was expecting it to be busier.

It was, however, *far* too busy for people to be doing aerials. And overall, the floorcraft was generally one of the lowest standards in any venue I've attended recently - I can only think of one worse evening from the point of view of not being able to concentrate on dancing because I was constantly looking out to avoid crashes :sad: (at one point literally craning over my shoulder while a particularly oblivious partner decided a backward walk would be a good idea :mad: ) I don't really understand why it was so bad if Hipsters was quieter than usual. It seemed to thin out quite considerably after 1130 or so but I'd stopped dancing by then - it all seemed like too much hard work.

As I said above, the music was great - but the evening just didn't come together for me.

David Bailey
3rd-September-2005, 03:33 PM
Erm, yes they have! Else it wouldn't be as popular as it is. People travel in from miles around - they wouldn't do that if it wasn't worth the trip. Once again people stayed right up until 1am.
Oops, yes, that was a gross over-generalisation. What I meant to say was that "Lately, some of the people I talk to or who post on the forum haven't seemed to be having as good a time". Obviously that's a small subset. The Awkward Squad, one might call them...

Any musical grumbles I've had (and they are few) seem to be from those that want mainly slower or mainly latin stuff.
Well, that's because us grumblers have style, obviously.
Hmmm... whilst I do want 100% Latin, all night, and do indeed complain when I don't get my own way, I think there's also a case for saying that, especially in hot venues on hot days, playing more of the slower stuff is appropriate.

Hipsters attracts good dancers, but like all venues, we get the occasional random in flip-flops, but hey, that's entertainment!
Aboslutely.

I was responding to Minnie M's question: "Has Hipsters had it's day?", and my answer, if not clear then, was "No.". But having said that; for me, the extra edge it had over some other venues is now less clear than it was, say, a year ago.

This could be just because I've got more picky in the past year though, or that other venues have improved more relatively, it's all subjective. But the fact that 20+ forumites decided to go to Cheshunt could be seen as a sign that they feel the same way. Or it could be just Adam's evil marketing ploy was successful.

And overall, the floorcraft was generally one of the lowest standards in any venue I've attended recently
Strange - usually it attracts very good dancers, with reasonable floorcraft IMO. Maybe a lot of good dancers were at Beach Boogie...

Minnie M
3rd-September-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks JB - I love Friday Hipsters, even when crowded I still have a good time - the standard of dancing is quite high and I love the swing & latin mix with the pop, so all are happy, and the atmospher is always good. Glad to hear it's not loosing it's popularity, will try and make it in October :clap:

Are they still doing Aerials :angry: I thought that stopped - why can't someone ban these selfish people.

BTW bad floorcraft can happen on any dance floor, it doesn't have to be crowded. In fact when there is more space, these inconsiderate dancers are far worse :mad:

fletch
3rd-September-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, it was our first time at Hipsters, it was nice to see some femiliar faces :nice: We though it was fab :clap: the music was good with somthing for all, just one tune missing Body Rockers, I like the way you move :sad:
We didn't know what to expect :what: some people told us its friendly 'up north' :eek: well we didn't find that every one was very friendly, and warmer than Stockport :grin: non of us got a refusal :clap: and we had some loverly dances with some loverly men, just whish I had been introduced to any forum members :tears:
I did get two dances with guy's doing inappropriate moves (even for me) :mad: don't think they will try them on me again :devil:

We are 'up north' tonight at Northwich but not expecting the leavel of dances that we had last night :what:

We will be back :flower: :cheers: :clap:

The 4 girls from Stafford :kiss:

Ballroom queen
3rd-September-2005, 05:35 PM
IGood question. Certainly it seems as busy as ever - too much so, from what people say - so I doubt it's in much danger of closing any time soon. A good night at Hipsters would definitely have been a special experience - but the trouble is that lately people haven't really been having a good night at Hipsters; various factors at play, but certainly having lots of people in a naturally hot room is not much fun.

For me, the last couple of BFFFs weren't as much fun for me as, say, a year ago. I dunno, maybe we're expecting too much now from the place?

Well I have to disagree, last night was FAB, as were the last few phat Friday's, that room is NOT naturally hot, in fact I have been cold in it, of course not last night but it was a bloody hot day yesterday, as it is today.

It was certainly less crowded, no doubt due to BB and to us having a choice of venues. it always gets quieter after 11.30 as a number of people travel by public transport.

As for floorcraft - well, I get a lot more bashed at other venues, didn't get hurt at all last night, the music was FAB, did a few cha cha's to the latin, awesome, so well done JB.

Kev F
3rd-September-2005, 06:29 PM
A very special night indeed.

It was so lovely to meet all the forumites at Cheshunt and put faces to the names. I was made to feel so welcome and had superb dances with all, although none shall ever compare to the dance I recently had with Andy McGregor :worthy: :rofl:

Special thanks to tessalicious for her flawless dancing in DWAS and to all who suffered my cha-cha's. The music was fab after the first hour and the floor space was an unexpected gift from the normal friday night freestlye congestion. Have to agree with ZW and Idid feel I appreciated everyones dancing more and there were some very good vibrations going on. :clap: Sorry there wasn't a few more men for you ladies :flower:

Oh....and the hostess was a dream as always!!! And if you ever need a HFM...I'm your man. :D

David Bailey
3rd-September-2005, 08:26 PM
Stangely enough, when I got to Cheshunt it was very quiet, my friend and I looked at each other and both had a "should have gone to salsa" moment... :eek:

However, I'm very glad we didn't, we both had a great time, and I even broke my longstanding anti-social tradition and hung around the forumites tables. Well, for a few minutes at least. Don't expect it to be repeated though... :devil:

Thanks to The Sisters for putting up with my DT efforts, and to ZW for providing the most memorable dance description I've heard this year... :whistle:

Missy D
3rd-September-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks to The Sisters for putting up with my DT efforts, and to ZW for providing the most memorable dance description I've heard this year... :whistle:

You make us sound like nuns young man! :innocent: Hallelujah! Thank you too for the dance (note i will NOT be sharing next time).. :rofl:

Missy D
3rd-September-2005, 11:32 PM
Had a great time last night at Cheshunt. Music was brilliant thanks to Robin :worthy: Oh a what a lovely dancer he is too (will make sure i have him on the floor again soon) :innocent:

Was lovely to meet some of the forumites again too - sorry if me and Dee lowered the tone (we just cant help it) :devil:

Shame about Silverfox's knee that put a stop to any lapsitting last night (maybe a little rub with baby oil might just help) :wink:

Thank you to Stewart 38 for being my partner in the DWAS I do hope some of my music interpretation was illustrated in that phone book of yours :rofl:

Lory looked lovely in that blue outfit and how lovely you danced with Kev F (gosh i hope that was his name).

Sparkles! what a beautiful dancer you are! Me and sis both wanted to dance with you as you looked a better lead than alot of the men.. :flower:

Lovely to see The Sheep, The Yogie, Miss Conduct (so you were the one responsible for the injured fox), El Nombre, Gill and daughter. :clap:

dee
4th-September-2005, 07:32 PM
Had a great time last night at Cheshunt. Music was brilliant thanks to Robin :worthy: Oh a what a lovely dancer he is too (will make sure i have him on the floor again soon) :innocent:

Was lovely to meet some of the forumites again too - sorry if me and Dee lowered the tone (we just cant help it) :devil:

Shame about Silverfox's knee that put a stop to any lapsitting last night (maybe a little rub with baby oil might just help) :wink:

Thank you to Stewart 38 for being my partner in the DWAS I do hope some of my music interpretation was illustrated in that phone book of yours :rofl:

Lory looked lovely in that blue outfit and how lovely you danced with Kev F (gosh i hope that was his name).

Sparkles! what a beautiful dancer you are! Me and sis both wanted to dance with you as you looked a better lead than alot of the men.. :flower:

Lovely to see The Sheep, The Yogie, Miss Conduct (so you were the one responsible for the injured fox), El Nombre, Gill and daughter. :clap:

What can i say except all the above :clap:

I watched Sparkles dance with some of the ladies what a fab dancer!, just wish i could dance like that :hug:

Was very nice to meet some more forumites :clap:

Andreas
4th-September-2005, 09:30 PM
Having left my parents at home to sleep (bad son, I know :innocent: ) I managed to enjoy myself quite a lot at Hipsters. To much R'n'R but none of the tracks was really fast and there were a number of REALLY nice french blues tracks and a (gold) RUMBA. :clap:

:flower: :flower:

Robin
5th-September-2005, 12:25 AM
Finally get a moment to get back on the pc! - work work work etc

Pleased everyone had a great time friday :cheers: (wherever they ended up!) ... for those who were at Cheshunt ... a big thank you :hug: and pleased that it was just right ... apart from the lack of men . It did get me dancing though - something I rarely do other than with Tez - especially when we're working.

Hopefully it will be a little more balanced next time.

Sparkles
5th-September-2005, 10:12 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to all the people I danced with on Friday at Cheshunt :flower:.

It was a long drive (read very long) from where I live in South London and I was slightly disappointed by the lack of men - and also by the fact that this meant that I (and some of my friends) couldn't take pat in the DWAS comp. However, it did mean that I got to dance with many lovely ladies during the course of the evening - thank you all for my dances and for putting up with my rather repetative repotior (I'll have to learn some new moves! :what: ).

It was nice to put some faces to some online names and to have the oppertunity to dance with some people that I don't see on a regular basis.

... and for future reference, I'm happy to dance as a leader or follower - so please, if you'd like to dance, just ask! :hug:

S. x

El Salsero Gringo
5th-September-2005, 11:09 AM
I was slightly disappointed by the lack of men - and also by the fact that this meant that I (and some of my friends) couldn't take pat in the DWAS comp.

{snip}

I'm happy to dance as a leader or follower - so please, if you'd like to dance, just ask! :hug:You should have entered as a man, then!

Sparkles
5th-September-2005, 11:19 AM
I had the oppertunity to, but didn't feel that I would have enough expertise to dance as a man in competition.

Mary
5th-September-2005, 11:23 AM
I had the oppertunity to, but didn't feel that I would have enough expertise to dance as a man in competition.

You have GOT to be kidding!!!!! :worthy:

M

Lory
5th-September-2005, 11:31 AM
You have GOT to be kidding!!!!! :worthy:

M
:yeah: x 100 :nice:

Plus the fact that the comp was purely for fun!

AND Hey, I was a judge and what do I know? :blush: :rofl: I just voted for the people who looked like they were having the most fun and really going for it! :clap:

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 12:29 PM
:yeah: x 100 :nice:
Definitely - I can certainly say that at least 3 of the 6 judges would have been impressed by you entering as a guy - maybe you should do that next time?

I just voted for the people who looked like they were having the most fun and really going for it! :clap:
Hell, is that what we were supposed to do? I voted for the ones I thought would buy me a drink... (no, it didn't work)

Sheepman
5th-September-2005, 12:46 PM
Sheepy's amazing break where we held our breath,
:blush: :drool:
I wish I knew how I did that, 'cos it was mostly an accident, and it hasn't worked right when I've tried it again, I guess it was a case of being "in the moment!" :yum:

I had a great night, thanks to all the fab dancers I danced with, and especially to Dilly, managing to smile through some of my very daft antics :hug: Also thanks to Silverfox for driving.

I did make a vain attempt to persuade Sparkles to join the DWAS as a lead, she obviously doesn't realise how fab she looks, and if she'd been partnered with ZW, there would have been no contest! :wink:

I heard from several people that they had a fantastic night at BFFF, I did appreciate the air con. though.

Greg

dee
5th-September-2005, 01:03 PM
Hell, is that what we were supposed to do? I voted for the ones I thought would buy me a drink... (no, it didn't work)

Well you should of voted for me i would of brought you a drink :innocent:

Gill (Norwich)
5th-September-2005, 01:08 PM

Well maybe Lynn (Dilly - who still can't get registered on here :mad: )will buy you one if you come to Southport :cheers:

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 01:17 PM
Well maybe Lynn (Dilly - who still can't get registered on here :mad: )
My friend's in the same boat... Lory, is this something you can do (hotmail registration), or is this a Franck-only thing?

will buy you one if you come to Southport :cheers:
Blimey, that's a long way to go for a potential promise of a drink...

Especially as:

Well you should of voted for me i would of brought you a drink :innocent:
Who says I didn't? :innocent: :innocent:

Mine's a double brandy, thanks.

Sparkles
5th-September-2005, 02:15 PM
if she'd been partnered with ZW, there would have been no contest! :wink:
I thought the whole point of a DWAS comp was that you danced with a stranger?!
Of course, if we'd all been allowed to pick our perfect partner then it would have been a completely different competition :rolleyes:.

I have no qualms with inflicting my lead upon friends who don't mind or ladies that come up and ask me, but I am not yet confident enough to go up and enter myself as a leader in a competiton when I will be dancing with someone I don't know - especailly as (as has been shown on other threads) some women have very strong views about dancing with other women.

Another point (and yes, I will shut up in a minute) is that I cannot lead well enough to do 'silly' moves/showy stuff that makes me look like I'm "having fun" - I have to concentrate so hard when I'm leading that I often look quite fed up, and I'm not, it's just the concentration!

And the last point that I'll make here is that there were no other women who were willing to dance as men so it didn't seem like the right thing to do at the time. It felt like I would be drawing unneccessary attention to myself and my ususpecting partner. So I didn't do it. Instead I gave up my place in the competition so that some other lady could partake, and like I said originally, it was a shame that there weren't enough men and this meant that some ladies couldn't compete.

S. x

dee
5th-September-2005, 02:34 PM
Who says I didn't? :innocent: :innocent:

Mine's a double brandy, thanks.

So when do you want that drink? i'm free tonight :innocent:

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 03:34 PM
So when do you want that drink? i'm free tonight :innocent:
Oh, about 8.45pm would be good... :whistle:

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 03:37 PM
{ lots of good points }
Sorry if it sounded like we were having a go at you - I think we're all just so impressed at your leading abilities, we wanted to see it in a comp.

Have a :hug: :flower: and :clap:

Robin, how about making it a "lady leads" competition next month? :whistle:

Sheepman
5th-September-2005, 03:42 PM
I thought the whole point of a DWAS comp was that you danced with a stranger?! But surely there's none stranger than ZW? :wink:

some women have very strong views about dancing with other women. Fair enough, I know I would feel very dubious if I entered as a follower, where there were too many men. (Even if my following was in the same league as your leading!)

Instead I gave up my place in the competition so that some other lady could partake. :sad:
I'm just thinking that had we been dancing together, I would have :rofl: at the disapproving looks I would have got from you, for some of those moves! :wink: (I think Lynn was too bemused to be disapproving!)

Greg

Lory
5th-September-2005, 04:11 PM
Lory, is this something you can do (hotmail registration), or is this a Franck-only thing?

It's a Franck only thing, I'm afraid! :flower:

robd
5th-September-2005, 05:19 PM
Plus the fact that the comp was purely for fun!

AND Hey, I was a judge and what do I know? :blush: :rofl: I just voted for the people who looked like they were having the most fun and really going for it! :clap:

Entered my first DWAS at a local venue a couple of weeks back and was a little miffed at myself originally for being 'knocked out' in the first round, especially as loud announcements were made that these numbers (i.e the ones called out) were the people who were "NOT GOOD ENOUGH"

However my spirits perked up considerably when I looked around and saw, one by one, all of the fellas who I consider to be very good dancers at that venue had likewise been eliminated (probably not all of them had entered but I know for sure that some of them had). It became clear that however well or otherwise I had danced, and it wasn't great in my own mind, the judging was based on a little bit more than ability. I took going out in the first round as quite a backhanded compliment.

And there was a lady lead who entered the competition and did very well (and danced very well which kinda cuts against my assessment above but there you go............)

Robert

dee
5th-September-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh, about 8.45pm would be good... :whistle:

My first date this year. 8.45pm is good. Mine or yours? :whistle:

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 06:16 PM
Finchley (I'd not presume to call it "mine"). I'll be the one in the black T-shirt, on the stage.

Just leave the drink somewhere handy, and I'll swig it whilst they're moving on or something - they'll never notice, I'm sure. :innocent:

stewart38
6th-September-2005, 12:42 AM

:clap:

Every regret saying something on here (that went back to 1922 :whistle: )

Your a lovely dancer and I was not :worthy:

David Bailey
6th-September-2005, 09:15 AM
Huh! Stood up! :mad:
I had to make do with Clive... :tears:

dee
6th-September-2005, 09:29 AM
Huh! Stood up! :mad:
I had to make do with Clive... :tears:

Oh no, sorry :hug: i don't know my way around London very well, so unless sister is going i can't really make it. i need to get myself a navagation system
will make it up to you next time :flower:

Hope Clive looked after you :drool:

David Bailey
6th-September-2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah, yeah. Promises promises...

Hope Clive looked after you :drool:
I dragged him into the salsa class, he didn't look too scared :)

dee
6th-September-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah, yeah. Promises promises...

Would like to try salsa myself, had a few lessons at Ealing about a year ago, there is a lot of it in my town is it any good? I mainly go to Ashtons so if ever you are there i will keep to my promise. :flower:

Clive Long
6th-September-2005, 09:45 AM
Hope Clive looked after you

What energy that Carole (the teacher) has !!

"Susie Q's" ?? A step too far for me.

Yet more moves to learn. But of course it isn't about moves :wink:

CRL

David Bailey
6th-September-2005, 09:51 AM
"Susie Q's" ?? A step too far for me.
Tell me about it - I'm firmly of the belief that most of these funky shines are just showing off. And I'm not keen on the extended Susy-Q variations she does at the cool-down (you may have noticed me gritting my teeth :) ) - that's why I kept it simple in the warmup.

Susie Q's and Bowties are fairly standard shines though, and they're quite useful for getting your feet to move a bit faster than normal.

Carol's like an Energizer bunny, isn't she? In a nice way, of course :innocent:

Clive Long
6th-September-2005, 09:53 AM
Would like to try salsa myself, had a few lessons at Ealing about a year ago, there is a lot of it in my town is it any good? I mainly go to Ashtons so if ever you are there i will keep to my promise. :flower:
I refer the reader to this post

http://cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=144530

killingtime
6th-September-2005, 10:30 AM
Oh no, sorry :hug: i don't know my way around London very well, so unless sister is going i can't really make it. i need to get myself a navagation system

DavidJames is going on a date with you and your sister :eek:? This is gossip that will have to be shared across at the Singleton's Sofa :devil:.

David Bailey
6th-September-2005, 10:32 AM
DavidJames is going on a date with you and your sister :eek:? This is gossip that will have to be shared across at the Singleton's Sofa :devil:.
I'm not going on a date with anyone, I just want a free drink (as recompense for possibly voting for someone, although I can't actually remember who I voted for).

Which, I note, I still haven't got... :whistle:

dee
6th-September-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm not going on a date with anyone, I just want a free drink (as recompense for possibly voting for someone, although I can't actually remember who I voted for).

Which, I note, I still haven't got... :whistle:

Well yeah Killingtime, where did you get that from? anyway if i was going on a date there is NO WAY im sharing, been there done that :drool:

So did you not vote for me DJ? may explain why i was knocked out in the first round :tears:

killingtime
6th-September-2005, 11:04 AM
Well yeah Killingtime, where did you get that from?

Oh; does my gossip need to actually be grounded in fact? Can I not just put allegadly at the beginning of any fictional statement? I know that DJ is just on the floor in the Singleton's Sofa and it was unlikely that he was meeting anyone for a date. As to where I got it from... umm " My first date this year (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148447&postcount=184)".

Never mind... poor attempt at humor :blush:.

dee
6th-September-2005, 11:17 AM
Oh; does my gossip need to actually be grounded in fact? Can I not just put allegadly at the beginning of any fictional statement? I know that DJ is just on the floor in the Singleton's Sofa and it was unlikely that he was meeting anyone for a date. As to where I got it from... umm " My first date this year (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148447&postcount=184)".

Never mind... poor attempt at humor :blush:.

Oh yeah i do remember putting that :blush:

Lets just forget the whole thing... was only offering him a drink for voting for me in DWAS (or so i was led to believe)

As for me, im well on the singleton sofa, maybe i've just been single for too long. Pass the choc buttons someone :drool:

killingtime
6th-September-2005, 11:25 AM
Lets just forget the whole thing...

Forget about what :D?

dee
6th-September-2005, 11:28 AM
Forget about what :D?

Who? eh? :whistle:

David Bailey
6th-September-2005, 11:29 AM
So did you not vote for me DJ? may explain why i was knocked out in the first round :tears:
I can't remember who I voted for, I was mainly focussing on the men's numbers. On their shirts. But I'm morally sure I'd have voted for you, if that helps... :whistle:

dee
6th-September-2005, 11:36 AM
I can't remember who I voted for, I was mainly focussing on the men's numbers. On their shirts. But I'm morally sure I'd have voted for you, if that helps... :whistle:

Well thanks DJ.. :hug:

So was it the men you were after to buy you that drink? :rofl: takes all sorts i guess :innocent:

Gill (Norwich)
6th-September-2005, 11:39 AM
You are a tart DJ, you would tell anyone you voted for them if it buys you rep or brandy :wink:
I obviously didn't offer either :blush: Maybe I should rethink :whistle:

dee
6th-September-2005, 11:46 AM
You are a tart DJ, you would tell anyone you voted for them if it buys you rep or brandy :wink:
I obviously didn't offer either :blush: Maybe I should rethink :whistle:

So that explains why i only have 20 Reps and he has 316. :whistle:

David Bailey
6th-September-2005, 12:14 PM
You are a tart DJ, you would tell anyone you voted for them if it buys you rep or brandy
Which is why I should never be in any position of responsibility.

Dee - like the shameless pity-plea, worked for me, you've got the makings there girl :clap:

dee
6th-September-2005, 12:23 PM
Dee - like the shameless pity-plea, worked for me, you've got the makings there girl :clap:

Why thank you young man!!!!!!!! :flower:

Andy McGregor
7th-September-2005, 12:03 AM
although none shall ever compare to the dance I recently had with Andy McGregor :worthy: :rofl: :flower:

Yogi_Bear
7th-September-2005, 09:49 PM
What can i say except all the above :clap:

I watched Sparkles dance with some of the ladies what a fab dancer!, just wish i could dance like that :hug:

Was very nice to meet some more forumites :clap:Good to meet Dee, Missy D, WittyBird, Robin, David James and more Forumites.....some better known than others. :eek: Some great dances!... and the post mortem. I've never known one ordinary dance evening to generate so much correspondence. Southport will be interesting :waycool: