PDA

View Full Version : who says men are better drivers?

murphy
25th-August-2005, 10:48 AM
So far this week...

I've been cut up on a roundabout and nearly had the front of my car taken off by a MAN who wasn't in the right lane (women +1 point)

And whilst driving at 30mph in a residential 30mph speed limit, I was overtaken by a MAN in a grey transit for absolutely no reason other than he didn't like having to drive within the speed limits and presumably not behind (OMG) a woman!!! (women +1 point)

Since I’ve been driving I’ve never had a claimable accident and have never been caught speeding (plenty of ammo there for you to bite back at!). The only two minor accidents I’ve been in have been caused by MEN driving into me – one of them happened while I was stationary and he was on the wrong side of the road…. And yes he still had the cheek to blame me for the accident!!! (women +1 point)

Ok rant over. Your turn.
As a hormonal creature and creator of the thread, I reserve the right to change the rules at any time and allocate points to women on the “just cos I feel like it” basis.
:rofl: :whistle:

Current scores:
Women +3
Men 0

Gus
25th-August-2005, 11:09 AM
Hmmm ... well the fact that my back still hurts 2 years after a WOMAN drove through my car, writing it off and nearly killing me! Scenario, clear summer day, me stopped to let car turn right, 1000m+ visibility of my car, no distractions.... .and she didint even touch her brakes as she hit me!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: Shouldn't all women be restricted to Smart cars and mopeds?
Current scores:
Women +3
Men 0

Almost an Angel
25th-August-2005, 11:15 AM
Ok rant over. Your turn.

My accident whic means I haven't been able to dance for 6 yes 6weeks was caused by a man. (another 3-4 before I can dance again!!!!) :tears:
His excuse - he didn't see me! :rolleyes: Despite the fact I was stationary for 20 secs and was stopped at the foot of a hill with traffic queued up the hill!!! :mad:
Go figure!!!!! (women +1)

As I see it ......

Current scores:
Women +4
Men 0

David Bailey
25th-August-2005, 11:21 AM
As I see it ......

Current scores:
Women +4
Men 0
So (and just checking the rules here), nearly killing Gus is irrelevant?

If we're on a misogynist rant - and why not - then my pet hate driving-wise is those massive trucks-disguised-as-SUVs which are driven by tiny women who can barely look over the steering wheel. They scare me - they think that everyone is as secure and invulnerable as they are behind their bull-bars...

Chelsea tractor drivers... :mad:

Almost an Angel
25th-August-2005, 11:21 AM
Shouldn't all women be restricted to Smart cars and mopeds?

Nope!!!!! :what: :what:
Play nice Gus! - Most of us are perfectly safe on the road!!!!

But I'll give you that one

Current scores:
Women +4
Men +1

CJ
25th-August-2005, 11:22 AM
Well, I had an accident recently and hit 3 cars, all because A WOMAN was walking on the pavement with a summer dress so fine and a body to die for I lost all sence of where I was, who I was and what I was doing...
:whistle:

Women 4
Men 4

ok, so not really...

Almost an Angel
25th-August-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, I had an accident recently and hit 3 cars, all because A WOMAN was walking on the pavement with a summer dress so fine and a body to die for I lost all sence of where I was, who I was and what I was doing...
:whistle:

Women 4
Men 4

ok, so not really...

Hmmm.... Nice try but doesn't work like that. :rofl:
The fact that you had the accident means that it's

Women 5
Men 1

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 11:29 AM
Lets face it, there are good drivers, and bad drivers, some are men, some are women, its really not a sexist thing. Despite the fact that in my life, the accidents in cars I've had as both a driver & passenger:

1. As a child, car written off by male driver, we were stationary at RED traffic lights Women + 1

2. Man went into back of me at roundabout, he thought there was a space for him to pull out, despite the fact that I, and the car in front of me, didn't think there was space for either of us! Women+ 1

3. Ex-boyfriend ploughed my car into back of stationary vehicle (driven by man) in fast lane of M25, despite markings for 1 mile before that lane was closing Women + 2

4. Man managed to knock my wing mirror off or my perfectly parked car Women + 1

5. Very sexy guy walking up road with top off in summer caused me to look at him, and so not spot that car in front of me had stopped.Women + 1

Current scores:
Women +10
Men 0[/QUOTE]

CJ
25th-August-2005, 11:36 AM
Hmmm.... Nice try but doesn't work like that. :rofl:
The fact that you had the accident means that it's

Women 5
Men 1

I didn't actually have the accident, i thought I'd just even things up a little.

Dreadful Scathe
25th-August-2005, 11:38 AM
My friend was calmly driving along when a little old lady coming off a motorway exit didn't realise there was a junction and drove right into the side of him. There had been a truck in the other lane so he had no warning. He was ok but traumatised, he couldnt drive for a week after that.
And because the little old lady got off without charges in court, insurance gave him a lesser settlement. :(

MartinHarper
25th-August-2005, 11:45 AM
Current scores:
Women +10
Men 0

I see that the woman who almost killed Gus is still incurring no point penalty.

Sparkles
25th-August-2005, 11:51 AM
So far I've had a woman drive into the back of me (she was doing 40mph, I was doing 5mph)

And a policeman drive into the front left side of me (almost writing off my car :angry:, he was jumping a red light at the time).

That makes even scores on my side

Women +1
Men +1

So, in total, that should be:
Women +10
Men +4 (incidents from Me, Gus, DS and Tiggs Tours (who is female and so her last 'accident' should count)).

El Salsero Gringo
25th-August-2005, 12:18 PM
Would you lot like to PM me to let me know when you're out driving, so I can stay at home please?

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 12:28 PM
I see that the woman who almost killed Gus is still incurring no point penalty.
If he chooses not to add it to the penalty scoring system, that's not our fault! OK, revised numbers:

Current Scores
Women +12 (If Ceroc Jock will own up to his misdemeanour...)
Men +5 (...I'll own up to mine)

Sorry guys, clearly showing who are the better drivers!

Graham
25th-August-2005, 12:36 PM
CJ just made up his story, so that doesn't count.

Women +11
Men +5

You seem to be ignoring the rather obvious fact that there aren't actually an equal number of male and female drivers.

CJ
25th-August-2005, 12:39 PM

Women +11
Men +5

You seem to be ignoring the rather obvious fact that there aren't actually an equal number of male and female drivers.

Can u set up figures taking into account ratio of female: male drivers; female: male contibutors and the fact that womem ALWAYS exagerate?

(how u doing, G??)

MartinHarper
25th-August-2005, 12:49 PM
presumably not behind (OMG) a woman!!

I often get overtaken. Issit 'cos I 'as no boobiez?

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 01:13 PM

Women +11
Men +5

You're right. In fact, I read somewhere recently that there are now MORE women drivers than men, God you lot really are bad! :rofl:

Graham
25th-August-2005, 01:44 PM
Can u set up figures taking into account ratio of female: male drivers; female: male contibutors and the fact that womem ALWAYS exagerate?
According to the Department of Transport, 82% of men hold a full driving licence, compared to 59% of women. In mileage terms, men drive 2.7 times as far as women, and I have to admit that they are involved in more accidents: 1.9 times as many injury-causing collisions are caused by men than women. However, taking into account the mileage data, this means that women are about 45% more likely to cause an accident than men.

To anticipate a question, the reason that men pay higher insurance premiums than women is due to the fact that they are involved in proportionately more accidents with a severe amount of damage (and therefore high cost to the insurance companies).

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 01:48 PM
According to the Department of Transport, 82% of men hold a full driving licence, compared to 59% of women. In mileage terms, men drive 2.7 times as far as women, and I have to admit that they are involved in more accidents: 1.9 times as many injury-causing collisions are caused by men than women. However, taking into account the mileage data, this means that women are about 45% more likely to cause an accident than men.

To anticipate a question, the reason that men pay higher insurance premiums than women is due to the fact that they are involved in proportionately more accidents with a severe amount of damage (and therefore high cost to the insurance companies).
:na: Don't you just hate a know-it-all?

Graham
25th-August-2005, 02:09 PM
But don't let me interrupt the flow of interesting if unscientific anecdotal evidence.... :wink:

My favourite accident was caused by a woman who was turning right out of a T-junction and who had driven over the line but decided she couldn't get across. She decided she was too far into the road so she would reverse back into the side street. Naturally looking behind her didn't occur to her.......luckily she realised her mistake and was only just rolling by the point of impact, so no damage was done.

Sparkles
25th-August-2005, 02:29 PM
Graham is our forum satistician, it's his job to 'know it all', and I actually wondered whether higher insurance premiums for men were because of the higher proportion of serious/high damage/fatal incidents on the roads caused by men - and now, thanks to Graham, I know! :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
25th-August-2005, 03:01 PM
Personally I've known many more bad female drivers than male. Some of the best drivers I know are female though :). Statistics are meaningless anyway - would you trust a female driver with your life just because shes female? :)

They shoud ban cheaper insurance aimed only at females. Its sexist. After all it would be daft to have a cheaper insurance price for brunettes, jews, or film stars but statistically you could prove that on average they claimed on their insurance less than some other group too! :)

Im sure Jews have less accidents than Christians simply because they never have the "Honk if you love Jesus" in the back window. :)

Dreadful Scathe
25th-August-2005, 03:10 PM
Lets see if anyone can beat this story.

The worst piece of driving I've ever seen was on the High Street in Falkirk. its pedestrianised so has delivery trucks/vans, police cars and no other traffic. It has traffic lights at the end for going out into a busy 3 lane road.

A woman (on at least 2 occasions that I saw...same woman) would drive the WRONG way through the traffic lights and park a few cars lengths in. She would then go do her High Street shopping whilst leaving her 10 year old (ish) daughter in the car. Then come back some time later to REVERSE through the lights onto the major road REGARDLESS of the lights. Shes was clearly mental or had very bad eyesight indeed...and she drives a car...on the roads I do....:( :eek:

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 03:57 PM
Lets see if anyone can beat this story.

The worst piece of driving I've ever seen was on the High Street in Falkirk. its pedestrianised so has delivery trucks/vans, police cars and no other traffic. It has traffic lights at the end for going out into a busy 3 lane road.

A woman (on at least 2 occasions that I saw...same woman) would drive the WRONG way through the traffic lights and park a few cars lengths in. She would then go do her High Street shopping whilst leaving her 10 year old (ish) daughter in the car. Then come back some time later to REVERSE through the lights onto the major road REGARDLESS of the lights. Shes was clearly mental or had very bad eyesight indeed...and she drives a car...on the roads I do....:( :eek:
I saw a man once, who had clearly realised he had taken the wrong turning off the M25, get onto the roundabout at the end of the slip road, reverse off it, and continue to reverse back down the slip road and back onto the motorway, in the dark with one headlight out.

stewart38
25th-August-2005, 04:02 PM
I saw a man once, who had clearly realised he had taken the wrong turning off the M25, get onto the roundabout at the end of the slip road, reverse off it, and continue to reverse back down the slip road and back onto the motorway, in the dark with one headlight out.

yes that was me , i was texting my friend of the mistake id made at the time ??

One thing I do know for a 'fact' men are far better map readers then women :whistle:

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 04:14 PM

One thing I do know for a 'fact' men are far better map readers then women :whistle:
Won't argue there, not for a second, but will just mention that women are more inclined to look at the map before they get hopelessly lost, and will also pull over, work out where they are and then carry on, instead of just keeping going in some vain attempt to work it out eventually!

ElaineB
25th-August-2005, 04:15 PM

Oh, I agree!!!! That's why I drive the car and Simon reads the map - of course, we get lost quite a bit, but my driving record is exemplorary! :D

Elaine
(Claims Manager!!!!)

Daisy Chain
25th-August-2005, 04:15 PM
I've never had an accident................but I've seen HUNDREDS :whistle:

Daisy

(An F1 FLower)

ElaineB
25th-August-2005, 04:20 PM

Except whilst reading a map and driving at the same time - and yes, I had one of those a few weeks ago - hit the back of a stationary vehicle, which shunted it into another.......3 write offs and injuries! Driver? Male... :whistle:

Elaine

Northants Girly
25th-August-2005, 05:22 PM
Won't argue there, not for a second, but will just mention that women are more inclined to look at the map before they get hopelessly lost, and will also pull over, work out where they are and then carry on, instead of just keeping going in some vain attempt to work it out eventually!And if women are doing the driving they do take notice of any passenger sat beside them reading the map.

However, when roles are reversed and the woman is doing the map reading while the man drives the man takes absolutely no notice of what the woman says as he thinks he knows better . . . . :whistle:

Lucy Locket
25th-August-2005, 05:34 PM
i'm a very good map reader actually & always navigated for my dad from a very young age. thank you. i just don't like driving & navigating at the same time coz i'm holding a piece of paper, looking at signs & trying to concentrate on traffic at the same time.

David Bailey
25th-August-2005, 07:15 PM
Boy, better keep you away from ESG in future then :innocent:

But to answer your question, No, I'm mature enough to :worthy: him. But then, I'm a man. :grin:

El Salsero Gringo
26th-August-2005, 12:29 AM
Won't argue there, not for a second, but will just mention that women are more inclined to look at the map before they get hopelessly lost, and will also pull over, work out where they are and then carry on, instead of just keeping going in some vain attempt to work it out eventually!That's because men aren't scared of driving along a road without the 'safety-net' of knowing exactly where we are, or where the road we're driving along ends up. And it's a very good way of learning your way around, because then you know where that road goes!

Minnie M
26th-August-2005, 07:10 AM
From a recent survey (can't remember where)

Good women drivers, have more road sense then their counterparts :clap:
Bad male drivers and far more danger on the road then female bad drivers :eek:

And there are more male pensioners on the road than female pensioners who drive less than 25mph and cause more road rage :mad:

and talking about Road Rage - men definitely have the prize for that :rolleyes:

TiggsTours
28th-August-2005, 01:24 PM
That's because men aren't scared of driving along a road without the 'safety-net' of knowing exactly where we are, or where the road we're driving along ends up. And it's a very good way of learning your way around, because then you know where that road goes!
Not if you haven't got a clue where you are already, or how to get to where you need to be, or will probably never go back there in your life anyway.

Ballroom queen
28th-August-2005, 11:33 PM
Would you lot like to PM me to let me know when you're out driving, so I can stay at home please?

As long as you lot all have your organ donation cards (and have told your next of kin your wishes

:rofl: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2006, 12:59 PM
As long as you lot all have your organ donation cards (and have told your next of kin your wishes

:rofl: :rofl:
no need now :)