PDA

View Full Version : What do you think - would these people have this menu?

clevedonboy
24th-August-2005, 10:57 PM
http://www.batch2.plus.com/Chav_Wed.ppt
(and why is her dress so "floaty" round the middle?)

Marriage of Dwayne Keegan Carlsberg and Pinot Noir Marie
St Chav's Community Centre, Staines

MENU

Symphony of les petits Nuggets de Poulet avec sauce sweet et sour
Noodle au Pot Plastique avec sachet de soy sauce

Pancake Crispy au "Findus" served on a bed of spaghetti hoops
Veloute of Fillet O Poisson served with foam bun, sweaty mayonnaise and 'scragend' of lettuce.
Ankle of Chicken de Tesco 'Value' panfried in a Mazola jus

All dishes come served with a selection of vegetables (pois mushy and pommes frites au microwave)

Vienetta with a coulis of butterscotch Angel Delight
Cheap 'Choc' Ice with creme a la squirty
Fluorsescent Strawberry Mousse (does not contain strawberries) served in a plastic cup with easy peel-off lid.
A selction of cheesey strings and Dairy Lea Triangles and Ritz biscuits

Wines - Blue Nun, Piat D'Or, Foggy Creek (Australian Urine Coloured Chardonnay) all served a room temperature. Bacardi breezers.

Soft Drinks - Blue pop, Sunny Delight and 7 Up.

WittyBird
24th-August-2005, 11:56 PM
http://www.batch2.plus.com/Chav_Wed.ppt
(and why is her dress so "floaty" round the middle?)

OMG its the loo roll holder and her bad taste party.... :rofl: in fact its probably a scene from the house of mirrors at Blackpool.... cant type to busy :rofl:

MartinHarper
25th-August-2005, 09:53 AM
I heard that the average cost of a wedding was something like £15,000 nowadays.
How much did forumites pay for theirs? For the folks on the singleton's sofa - how much would you pay if the right man/woman/ass came along?

David Franklin
25th-August-2005, 10:25 AM
I did appreciate the menu, but I don't think the pictures are that scary. My sister got married at a Town Hall registry office, so we got to see a bit of the previous wedding party. The women all dressed like they were at a nightclub, including the 8 months pregnant bride. But, they all seemed happy enough and there are a lot of different ways to celebrate a wedding.

To appreciate how bad things can get, you may find http://www.etiquettehell.com/weddingetiquette/weddingsfhell/weddingfromhell.htm and http://www.uglydress.com/ amusing...

puresunrays
1st-September-2005, 06:48 PM
Well I got married last year and as we paid for most of the wedding ourselves we managed to get the price down to £3000.

We were very lucky as we had friends who are caterers who did us a special deal on food and a friend of ours did the photos too.

We just went for what we actually needed rather than what we wanted. (that would have been another few thousand!!) What we had was lovely, after all it is only one day. Why spend all your money on one day then struggle with the years to come??

filthycute
2nd-September-2005, 12:48 PM
James & I are getting married next year and i agree completely with puresunrays. Not everything has to be over the top. Thankfully i trust no one and have decided to do everything myself. Well almost, i had to delegate the balloons to James. :o But plan on doing all stationary, table centres, favours, pew ends, etc myself. We also didn't like the fact that feeding people is soooooooo expensive, so we sacrificed our 100 people, 5 course meal and are now having a 150-180 people banquet. It's far more important to us that we have as many of our friends there as possible and if they have to miss a course or 2 to be there, then so be it.
We've been lucky to have our cake done for us, have contact numbers for friends of friends for photography, and of course Ebay is an absolute joy for bridal shops. We are on a budget like everyone else, but it doesn't mean we can't have a nice wedding. :flower:

fc x

*hoping James doesn't turn up in a burberry suit* :eek:

JoC
2nd-September-2005, 01:21 PM
I heard that the average cost of a wedding was something like £15,000 nowadays.
How much did forumites pay for theirs? For the folks on the singleton's sofa - how much would you pay if the right man/woman/ass came along?
I'd run away (seriously).

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 02:36 PM
I'd run away (seriously). Are you saying you'd run away with Mr Right to get married (very sensible idea), or you'd run away from Mr Right, when he came along? (If the latter, why?)

JoC
4th-September-2005, 02:42 PM
Are you saying you'd run away with Mr Right to get married (very sensible idea), or you'd run away from Mr Right, when he came along? (If the latter, why?)I reserve the right to remain ambiguous as often as possible. :D