PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 27th August - Something different

TiggsTours
24th-August-2005, 05:30 PM
OK, things seem a bit quiet this morning, and after my dear old friend, Almost and Angel's plea for sympathy, I thought, why not do something different. A nice meal out? a gathering at someone's house? (not mine, landlord has plans).

Minnie M
24th-August-2005, 05:54 PM
........ landlord has plans.......
wouldn't joining your landlord with his plans :blush: :whistle: (such a lovely man)

Almost an Angel
24th-August-2005, 06:03 PM
OK, things seem a bit quiet this morning, and after my dear old friend, Almost and Angel's plea for sympathy, I thought, why not do something different. A nice meal out? a gathering at someone's house? (not mine, landlord has plans).

Thanks Honey :hug:
I'm up for a meal out, or a gathering (please bear in mind I can only cope with being out for about 4 hours).
My place is available for a gathering (as long as no-one minds cats - i have 2) but it's a bit out of the way - (M3 junction 4) and as it's my house I have no problems with landlords / lodgers etc.

Angel xx

Ballroom queen
24th-August-2005, 07:19 PM
http://www.broadwalkballroom.org/

This is where I will be, along with lots of others.
Do join us!

Paul F
25th-August-2005, 12:25 AM
http://www.broadwalkballroom.org/

This is where I will be, along with lots of others.
Do join us!

Thats a great idea as I have always wanted someone to put on a truly al-fresco event.

Is there something like this for MJ?

Ballroom queen
25th-August-2005, 01:07 AM
Thats a great idea as I have always wanted someone to put on a truly al-fresco event.

Is there something like this for MJ?

go along, speak to the organisers, and maybe next year.
the last few years it was only tango

El Salsero Gringo
25th-August-2005, 08:25 AM
go along, speak to the organisers, and maybe next year.
the last few years it was only tangoI think Kele would rather cut of both her arms with a blunt hacksaw than have anything to do with Modern Jive. She's quite uncomplimentary about it.

LMC
25th-August-2005, 10:06 AM
... I thought, why not do something different. ..
Sorry TT, going to the theatre :flower:

David Bailey
25th-August-2005, 07:09 PM
Well, apparently one or two people are getting together somewhere in West London for a little party.

Also, more importantly, there's a TolkienFest on at Wembley, with some cast members - OK, I'm over-geeking, but I was seriously tempted.

And the weather should be good on Sunday - far too nice to waste inside dancing. Did I really say that?

bigdjiver
25th-August-2005, 07:53 PM
...And the weather should be good on Sunday - far too nice to waste inside dancing. Did I really say that?

if you do not mind the company of swing dancers ...

http://www.twinwoodevents.com/glenn2005.htm

TiggsTours
26th-August-2005, 11:02 AM
if you do not mind the company of swing dancers ...

http://www.twinwoodevents.com/glenn2005.htm
Looks OK, but the website gives you very little detail, is this an evening event or a daytime one, for example!? Also, every swing dancer I know will be at Swingjam this weekend, so it could just be the blue rinse brigade.

spindr
26th-August-2005, 11:46 AM
POOLE PARK FEST 05 - Sunday 28th & Monday 29th Aug - Poole Park, Poole, Dorset.

It’s arrived again Fest in the park, but our intention is to make it “PARTY” In the Park. There will be loads of fun going on both days. A whole host of bands playing on the main stage organized by Mr Kyps and on the party stage Modern Latino Jive with “The THING” Demonstrations Plus a fun class with Paul Walker UK Finalist. More follows that with a local Salsa band and Salsa Explosion. (Party Stage Found by the Park Café next to Swan Lake)

Not a weekend to be missed, it all kicks off Sunday 11am till 7pm and Monday 11am till 5pm Come on down and support a really great fun day.

For More Information Phone Paul:

See: http://www.thething.uk.com/

TiggsTours
26th-August-2005, 11:48 AM
People seem to have lost the thread here, we were talking about the possibility of doing something non-dance related this weekend!

killingtime
26th-August-2005, 11:55 AM
People seem to have lost the thread here, we were talking about the possibility of doing something non-dance related this weekend!

What's this non-dance related thing you speak of? Is that like when you watch other people dance :D?

Donna
26th-August-2005, 12:13 PM

I'm off camping this weekend!! Looking forward to it....but there's no dancing!!! :tears: :sad: :tears: Having withdrawal symptoms already just thinking about it!!

Lynn
26th-August-2005, 01:10 PM
There are no dancing options for me anyway, but I've decided what I want to do tomorrow evening - go out for a nice Indian meal (haven't had one for ages). :drool:

bigdjiver
26th-August-2005, 01:41 PM
People seem to have lost the thread here, we were talking about the possibility of doing something non-dance related this weekend!Apologies, I thought that the Glenn Miller nostalgia thing was "something different"from a MJ event. I had a go at them last year for not publishing the program. Dancing to "Swing shift" does not reveal that "Swing Shift" is a DJ. Are the band performances anywhere near the dance area? I weep at some peoples marketing. None of the Lindy/MJ dancers I asked had actually been themselves, but all said that they had heard that it was good. Not good enough to get my dosh.

Dizzy
26th-August-2005, 02:00 PM

Well, I am going to Jongulers Comedy Club in Watford on saturday night with some friends. Feel free to come and join us if you like. :flower:

TiggsTours
26th-August-2005, 02:22 PM
Well, I am going to Jongulers Comedy Club in Watford on saturday night with some friends. Feel free to come and join us if you like. :flower:
Thanks Dizzy, I may well do that, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Minnie M
26th-August-2005, 04:23 PM
Looks OK, but the website gives you very little detail, is this an evening event or a daytime one, for example!? Also, every swing dancer I know will be at Swingjam this weekend, so it could just be the blue rinse brigade.
I'm going to the Swing Jam tonight :clap: Sheena Davis Group is playing, they were at MJC in June :worthy:

You could always come to Gt. Bookham Tiggs, there are still a few tickets left, bit of a schlapp, but the music will be good and there will be a few good dancers there

TiggsTours
26th-August-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm going to the Swing Jam tonight :clap: Sheena Davis Group is playing, they were at MJC in June :worthy:

You could always come to Gt. Bookham Tiggs, there are still a few tickets left, bit of a schlapp, but the music will be good and there will be a few good dancers there
Do you know if there's a website where I can find out some more details?

Minnie M
27th-August-2005, 02:37 PM
Do you know if there's a website where I can find out some more details?

http://www.swingjam.co.uk/

Lynn
28th-August-2005, 02:27 PM
There are no dancing options for me anyway, but I've decided what I want to do tomorrow evening - go out for a nice Indian meal (haven't had one for ages). :drool: And it was :drool: