PDA

View Full Version : In need of Sympathy

Almost an Angel
24th-August-2005, 05:04 PM
This is a thread for all of you in need of some sympathy, I know I am so I'm hoping that the rest of you will be in need of some too and hopefully get some well deserved hugs :hug: :hug: .

I started it so I get to go first.

I'M FED UP & BORED!!!!!!!!

For those of you not in the know I had a car accident 6 weeks ago, wasn't a major accident but I managed to sustain 'severe whiplash'.
This wouldn't have been that bad but it happened just before Beach Boogie, which mean't I was unable to dance there at all, :mad: and I've just had to cancel another holiday to Hungary as I'm not well enough to travel. :tears: (doc's orders) with 20 other dancers!

I've been signed off work since the accident and had a lovely visit to the Company Doctor yesterday who has decided I get to spend another 2 weeks working half time from home before she'll consider letting me back on site :mad: (the joy of having a laptop). Which is why I'm in my current bad mood and me driving myself up the wall. :(

All of this means I haven't been able to dance since the accident and it's looking like it will be at least another 3 weeks before I can even start trying. :tears:
I'M GOING MAD!!!!! (Ok madder than usual for those that know me :devil: ).

Before I get any lectures I do know I can't rush back into dancing as I'll make myself worse, I have to wait until I heal. :( I'd settle for making it through a day without having to rest at present! :sick:

It's funny when you're usually so active you take it all for granted, now I'd give anything to be able to pick up my niece and nephew, or be able to carry my own shopping - yes you know it's bad when you have to get your mum to come shopping with you to push the trolley and carry the bags. :sad:

I can't wait until I'm fit and well. For those of you who have seen me out and about, I may be there but I'm not dancing honest :innocent: . Although I did manage to go down to Fleet on Saturday to see Natalie and Yuval, and also listen and chat to Casey MacGill.

OK enough of me moaning I feel much better having offloaded now
I'm good at Sympathy too so.
Next.........

Lynn
24th-August-2005, 05:08 PM
I'M FED UP & BORED!!!!!!!! Have a :hug:

I'm good at Sympathy too so.
Next.........I didn't get a job I really wanted. :tears: I was very suitable for it, and it was very suitable for me (not least as it was only down the street, and a lovely place to work!). I suspect I was very close to getting it. :tears:

Rebecca
24th-August-2005, 05:11 PM
Relatively speaking I really don't have that much to moan about at all at the moment, but I'd like to be the first to send you my sympathies and wish you an effective (although not speedy so it seems) recovery.

:hug: (sorry if that hurt your neck)

TiggsTours
24th-August-2005, 05:25 PM
Aww, hon! :hug:

Right, that's decided it for me. The only dancing on this weekend I either don't fancy much, or is miles away! So why not do something else? Who's up for going to a restaurant?

Almost an Angel
24th-August-2005, 05:36 PM
Have a :hug:

I didn't get a job I really wanted. :tears: I was very suitable for it, and it was very suitable for me (not least as it was only down the street, and a lovely place to work!). I suspect I was very close to getting it. :tears:

Awww That's no good. Sorry to hear that, have some hugs :hug: :hug:

It's always really disappointing when you really want a new job and you don't get it and being told you were very close is sometimes worse :tears: (been there).

I hope you find something even better soon. :hug: :flower:

LMC
24th-August-2005, 05:38 PM
*scatters hugs, flowers and ice-cream all round*

Almost an Angel
24th-August-2005, 05:38 PM

Nope virtual hugs are fine - it's some of the real ones I have to be careful of. Thanks :flower:

Angel xx

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-August-2005, 06:48 PM
Relatively speaking I really don't have that much to moan about at all at the moment, but I'd like to be the first to send you my sympathies and wish you an effective (although not speedy so it seems) recovery.
:yeah: :yeah: I feel the same, I could moan, but won't ;) Hope you are feeling better really soon :flower:

Ash x :hug:

Minnie M
24th-August-2005, 08:33 PM
Special Elli-hug for my mate Angel

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-August-2005, 08:46 PM
Aww Minnie, that's so sweet :nice: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: x

under par
24th-August-2005, 09:58 PM

let me know when you are back dancing and I will do my best to come up to give you a whirl round the dancefloor. :flower: :hug:

Get well soon! :kiss:

Almost an Angel
24th-August-2005, 11:34 PM
let me know when you are back dancing and I will do my best to come up to give you a whirl round the dancefloor. :flower: :hug:

Get well soon! :kiss:

Will probably be at least a month before I'm back :(
And I'll hold you to my dance when I'm better :D

Angel xx

Almost an Angel
24th-August-2005, 11:36 PM

Thanks Minnie, you're a great pal :flower: :hug: :hug:

Little Monkey
14th-November-2005, 01:52 PM
Ah, just the thread I need!

Right. I'm really ****ed off at the moment, and just want to cry. Why? Lots of little silly reasons, really, but all put together at the same time makes me really miserable.

Reason 1 - Hardly slept last night because my sciatica was quite bad, and the painkillers didn't work.:tears:

Reason 2 - It's yet another gray, horrible day. Silly reason, maybe, but bad weather makes my mood deteriorate....

Reason 3 - Money I'm waiting for is orbiting in outer space. At least it's not in my account, where it's desperately needed!!! :mad:

Reason 4 - My evening job as a Norwegian teacher that I thought was going to be easy and fun, has turned into a bit of a nightmare. I love the teaching bit, but it seems like some evil force out there has decided to jinx it, and make it impossible to get books for my students. Tonight is week 6, and only half of my students currently have books.

The book thing isn't my fault, but due to incompetence and lack of communication from first one bookshop, then another. I ordered books for all my students through a bookshop weeks ago, and the bookshop only ordered two copies!!! :angry: They phoned me this morning and said that they could order some more, but it will take another two weeks to get them. I wanted to tell them to go to hell, but decided just to tell them that this isn't good enough, and I will advice my students to get their books from another shop. :devil:

So I'm fed up, tired, in pain and dreading my class tomorrow night, which might also be inspected, as I'm a new teacher.... :(

Roll on Friday!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Which reminds me - anyone from Dundee going to Route66 who's got space for two people in their car?

Frustrated Little Monkey

ducasi
14th-November-2005, 02:29 PM
Lots of hugs for LM... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I don't know if it'll help you, but on the pain front, I've just discovered 12-hour ibuprofen capsules! Finally 24 hour pain relief that you only have to worry about twice a day! :nice:

Might not do it for your sciatica though... :sad:

But tomorrow's meant to be sunny! :nice:

Friday's maybe not such a good day for me, as I'm going back to the hospital for them to have another look at my eye... And I'm not going to make Route 66 (again!) as I have a friend's birthday to celebrate. When's it on in December?

Hope we're all in a bouncing good mood for Saturday – I'll be at the Beach Ballroom weekend whether I can see or not! :D

Little Monkey
14th-November-2005, 02:36 PM
Lots of sympathy and hugs

Oh, shame you won't make it to Route66. I've not been for months, and can't wait to go! Hoping Mr. DD will play lots of blues......

Ibuprofen is ok, but doesn't take away the nerve pain. Not a lot of painkillers do. I've yet to try a painkiller that actually takes away all the pain of sciatica - most just take the edge off it.

Good luck at the hospital, and hope your eye gets better soon! :hug: :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-November-2005, 04:19 PM
Oh, shame you won't make it to Route66. I've not been for months, and can't wait to go! Hoping Mr. DD will play lots of blues......

i only go for the blue music :) Shame you're down - ill give you lots of kysse at Route66 on Friday :D

Little Monkey
14th-November-2005, 05:34 PM
i only go for the blue music :) Shame you're down - ill give you lots of kysse at Route66 on Friday :D

Wooooooooooooo!! Kysse kysse! :clap: Roll on Friday!