PDA

View Full Version : Chesham..... Monday or Friday

WittyBird
24th-August-2005, 03:21 AM
Just purely out of curiousity how many people go to chesham?
What is your own opinion of the evening ? My own is that i have different opinions of it... More often than not there is always 15 + women over
But more and more recently i am getting better dances and getting asked more....j :clap:
I was just interested to see who went to Chesham and where else people went?

LMC
24th-August-2005, 07:02 AM
I can honestly say that I've never had a bad night at Chesham - it's a friendly venue.

A week ago Monday there were men over in intermediate class - now that *was* a good night (no, it wasn't me in the class line up jumping up and down, clapping and cheering :whistle: ). But you're right, it's normally women over, which means you have to "work" a bit to keep dancing sometimes.

The standard is varied - I've had a few fabulous dances, mainly good and OK dances and a couple of "smile and think of Britain" dances - same as you get most places I reckon :nice:

Most people put where they dance on their profiles.

David Bailey
24th-August-2005, 09:01 AM
Just purely out of curiousity how many people go to chesham?
Me! Me!

Only on Fridays, admittedly. Dunno what the class is like on Fridays, for that matter...

Like NewKid, I've never had a bad night there, and many extremely good ones. Lovely dancers - from what I recall I first met ZW there - and superb music, by the much-underrated DJ Joe. And on Friday, the freestyle is on till 11.30 - if only it were midnight or later, or the class finished earlier.

Stangely enough, I prefer the weekly Friday Chesham's to the monthly Saturday Amershams, not sure why really... Amershams are OK, but I think Chesham is something special.

Zebra Woman
24th-August-2005, 09:57 AM
Me! Me!

Only on Fridays, admittedly. Dunno what the class is like on Fridays, for that matter...

Like NewKid, I've never had a bad night there, and many extremely good ones. Lovely dancers - from what I recall I first met ZW there - and superb music, by the much-underrated DJ Joe. And on Friday, the freestyle is on till 11.30 - if only it were midnight or later, or the class finished earlier.

Stangely enough, I prefer the weekly Friday Chesham's to the monthly Saturday Amershams, not sure why really... Amershams are OK, but I think Chesham is something special.

:yeah:

Agree with David on all of the above except I have had one bad night at Chesham....The last time I went there was a major excess of women and I didn't like the music (DJ Joe wasn't there). That is still not bad going, I think up until that point Chesham was the only venue where I could guarantee I would like the music.

I used to go there very regularly until about a year ago. Have been lured away by the longer freestyles offered by Ashtons, Hipsters, Twyford (and maybe Cheshunt in future).

Regular Chesham DJs Joe Smooth and Latin Ian are both fab IMO. I miss the days when they had BillCo teaching regularly, and finishing on time. :grin:

My main problem is the class doesn't finish until 9.45 even 9.50! :mad: . That is so late! I wish there was just one class and it finished at 9.

I have never been on a Monday.

I seem to have better nights at Chesham than Amersham too, not sure why.

Oh and yes, we did first meet there David :hug:

David Bailey
24th-August-2005, 10:01 AM
Oh and yes, we did first meet there David :hug:
Awww... the memories... the hunt... the chase.. the victory... the dance...
:D :flower:

Zebra Woman
24th-August-2005, 10:15 AM
Awww... the memories... the hunt... the chase.. the victory... the dance...
:D :flower:

Yeah I seem to remember it was quite tricky to get a dance with you there....

I had to plan carefully.......I had to find you in the dark..... prepare an escape route and contingency partner in case of failure....recognise the end of the song.....start moving towards you before the song finishes .... hang back until the song has truly finished and it's clear you're letting go..... close in briskly for the kill......hold on tight.

:whistle:

Aw those Chesham nights with 20+ spare women .:rolleyes:

I can see why you love it.

David Bailey
24th-August-2005, 10:19 AM
{ snip scary hunting description }
:rofl: Who says Zebras aren't predators :worthy:

Aw those Chesham nights with 20+ spare women
Much more even numbers recently I believe.

dee
24th-August-2005, 10:44 AM
Me! Me!

That's answered my question then, ive been thinking of coming to Chesham as i've not been for at least two years, was wondering how it was now. Sounds like a fab venue, and its not far from where i live. :clap:

LMC
24th-August-2005, 10:56 AM
What ZW said :yeah:

Chesham is a great place for honing the dance-partner-hunting skills :devil:

I only tend to go on a Friday if there is not much else on because of the late class finishes (nearly 10 o'clock the last Friday I was there :tears: )

But it's a good atmosphere.... and the music :drool:

Missy D
24th-August-2005, 02:07 PM
I sometimes pop along to Chesham on a Friday and always have a good time. The music is always good and the people are friendly. The floor can get a little packed so any spare arms remain at your side.

Also Asda is open 24 hours so i can do my shopping on the way home (Gosh I am so classy) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
24th-August-2005, 02:38 PM

My main problem is the class doesn't finish until 9.45 even 9.50! :mad: . That is so late! I wish there was just one class and it finished at 9.

Yes this seems to be getting worse

Its a good venues although not sure we have the dancers of yes ta year

friday use always outstrip mondays but what with competition with Ashtons etc seems Mondays is coming up quickly. Seem to be a lot of women over on monday which is a pity really as its generally a good venue

Its good to see regular teachers instead of all these guess teachers although think sometimes Intermediate could be more streching !

Missy D
25th-August-2005, 05:11 PM
So is anyone going to Chesham this friday? I am free and not sure whether to go to Chesham, the Casbah or just stay in and have an early night on my own :innocent:

WittyBird
25th-August-2005, 05:46 PM
So is anyone going to Chesham this friday? I am free and not sure whether to go to Chesham, the Casbah or just stay in and have an early night on my own :innocent:

I'll be there cos i can't stand having another night in.... :D

David Bailey
25th-August-2005, 07:13 PM
So is anyone going to Chesham this friday?
Nah, I'm saving meself for wet T-shirt / 3some baldy / shaving Robin / possibly some dancing on Saturday.

I could be persuaded for next Friday, but then there's also Hipsters and Cheshunt... It's a tough life, so many venues, so little time. :innocent:

latinlover
26th-August-2005, 08:30 AM
.................- and superb music, by the much-underrated DJ Joe. .

:yeah: :yeah:

apparently Joe has had some criticism lately!!
Outrageous!

philistines!!!!

rarely go on a Monday,but I do like the fridays(I wish the lesson would end sooner too)
I agree about Amersham , there is a different atmosphere to chesham even though it is mostly the same punters- I hardly ever go now-it doesn't help that it finishes at 11.30 (we are grown-ups now)

David Bailey
26th-August-2005, 09:01 AM
apparently Joe has had some criticism lately!!
Outrageous!

philistines!!!!

Obviously, it's all subjective, but Joe plays some of the most consistently danceable sets I've ever experienced. Much much better (for me) than some of the more "well-known" DJs.

Who teaches there on Fridays? Is it still guest teachers, or is there a regular?

LMC
26th-August-2005, 09:43 AM
Who teaches there on Fridays? Is it still guest teachers, or is there a regular?
It's still guest teachers and the standard is very variable :sick: - there have been a couple recently where I have been < - > that far from longing to be in the 'wait' line so I can quietly sidle off to the bar...

This is change of scene week for me (Finchley Monday, Jive Bar Wednesday, neither of which are regular venues). So I shall be tagging along with a couple of my friends to Twyford (and if I don't get any DT I shall be cross...)

Bex
26th-August-2005, 09:51 AM
(and if I don't get any DT I shall be cross...)

What does DT mean?

LMC
26th-August-2005, 10:39 AM
What does DT mean?
I'm going with a friend and her partner - he is a known Double Troubler! :grin:

Bex
26th-August-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm going with a friend and her partner - he is a known Double Troubler! :grin:

Ahhhhhhhh, :waycool:

Will see you there then, with Billco, Simon & Nicole!!! :clap:

stewart38
26th-August-2005, 11:28 AM
I'll be there cos i can't stand having another night in.... :D

ok its go to chesham or a drive to mid devon ???

According to the paper this morning 11.5m people will be on the roads today

North M25 then M4 and then M5 on a friday, a bank holiday and forcast of good weather.

Im aiming to leave at 8pm ill be there in no time , right :whistle:

LMC
26th-August-2005, 12:21 PM
ok its go to chesham or a drive to mid devon ???

According to the paper this morning 11.5m people will be on the roads today

North M25 then M4 and then M5 on a friday, a bank holiday and forcast of good weather.

Im aiming to leave at 8pm ill be there in no time , right :whistle:
The other 48.5 million people in the country will be on the M5 southbound tomorrow morning.

I would recommend Chesham THEN Devon, arrive 4 am

stewart38
26th-August-2005, 12:57 PM
The other 48.5 million people in the country will be on the M5 southbound tomorrow morning.

I would recommend Chesham THEN Devon, arrive 4 am

Im taking the train, look after my car :clap:

dee
26th-August-2005, 04:37 PM

And there was me thinking you would be having a meal for 2 with your nice young man :rofl:

Missy D
26th-August-2005, 06:14 PM
And there was me thinking you would be having a meal for 2 with your nice young man :rofl:

Young man! young man! who would that be then. Maybe you can see into the future! Oh I do hope so :whistle:

stewart38
27th-September-2005, 12:23 AM
Hats of to theDJ at Chesham this monday who is new there

Play a C*** S*** set last week according to a lot of people. Word got back and it was a much better set that you could even dance to

let down by last song but there you go

Its a pity nos have dropped of by 40% in th last few months on monday but lets hope some come back

LMC
27th-September-2005, 12:31 AM
The last couple of times I've been on a Monday there have just been too damn many women (OK, this is not a problem for you :D :rolleyes: ) - I don't mind asking guys for dances but I don't want to have to "fight" for them.

stewart38
27th-September-2005, 12:44 AM
The last couple of times I've been on a Monday there have just been too damn many women (OK, this is not a problem for you :D :rolleyes: ) - I don't mind asking guys for dances but I don't want to have to "fight" for them.

1 man over in beginners then even and even and then 2 over in intermediate