PDA

View Full Version : BFG: Pick the Award Catagories HERE

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 04:32 PM
READ POLL carefully first and then vote for ALL the award topics you like.

Its rapidly approaching BFG time and we have yet to decide what the catagories are going to be. Thus this poll.

Your mission, should you decide to be Tom Cruise, is to vote in the poll for as many catagories as you like -

however we will only end up including the top 10 or so.
So to keep it fun, ALL catagories are up for selection ...

except for...

* forum king and queen

because...its a good one, they get to do the first dance
after the awards and its a nice "ultimate award" for the
end :)

After a few weeks of this I'll lop off the least favourite
catagories and make a web page available for you all to
vote on. (After nominations for some obscure catagories -
see below) On the off chance you think of other catagories
not on the list put "I would like <this>" in your post to
get it counted.

So once we choose catagories what then....?

Then we vote for people. A few notes though.

What do you mean by "best"?

Like every voting situation you're likely to get into in
your life, the BEST person/catagory/inanimate object you
may vote for is a personal choice, so let's not quibble
over what BEST actually means. So, for example where "Best
Poll Dancer" to one person may mean "funniest poll" to
others it may mean "most useful dance poll" and where
"Forum King and Queen" may mean "my best mates" to one, it
may mean "couple I'd most like to see dance together" to
another. That choice, good citizens, is entirely yours,
it's a fun addition to the B.F.G.

You need to be in it, to win it

Obviously you cannot vote if you're not on the forum, but
please vote even if you are not coming to the B.F.G. The
results will be announced in little tiny faux neon pixels
on this very forum after the event.

Obscure Catagories

"But Mr.Smurf, I'm new and I don't know anyone!"

Fret not peeps, at Francks suggestion we need to narrow
down the fields a bit. Not everyone is here all the time to
get to know everyone and its quite possible you missed a
post of genius at some point. Its certainly not bleedin
likely, but it is possible. Of course some of the
catagories are confusing too so we need some nominations
for the more obscure awards. With this in mind, I will
request nominations for any obscure catagories AFTER we
have narrowed down the catagories a bit with this poll. All
this will be done by email or webpage, as doing it via the
forum will raise debate we dont need, cause people to feel
the need to justify their nominations and possibly lead to
bruises, eye gouging and death. Anonymous nominations, i
think, is the safe way to go.

And as I will also be a possible candidate, I'll only
collate the results, all emails will be kept as proof
against cries of "foul play" and "you stinker" :)

Fancy Dress Competition

Prizes for fancy dress as per last year and the theme is
avatars. But to avoid last years desperate situation where
some people changed their avatars to something they already
had (cough..chicklet..cough) the theme this year
is...you have to dress AS SOMEONE ELSES avatar!

I've got my outfit sorted, have you ? :)

Stuart M
23rd-August-2005, 04:56 PM
Could 'Most elusive Forum member' be reworded as 'Biggest Huff?' Just a thought.

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 06:26 PM
Could 'Most elusive Forum member' be reworded as 'Biggest Huff?' Just a thought.
I did actually consider that as several forum members have had what could be considered a huff - theTramp, andy mcgregor, loung lizard to name a mere 3. The risk is that the winner make take offense. It also opens up a can of worms as to the definition of a 'huff' :)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
23rd-August-2005, 06:33 PM
dress AS SOMEONE ELSES avatar!

But what if we end up with 100 Smurfs at the Awards ceremony? Now that really WOULD be scary! :sick: :eek:

David Bailey
23rd-August-2005, 06:35 PM
The trouble with post-specific categories (e.g. "Best Post") is that people's memories are so short (well, mine is, I seem to recall).

So we (or maybe just I) can't remember great posts from even a week ago, let alone a year ago...

Gojive
23rd-August-2005, 06:37 PM
But what if we end up with 100 Smurfs at the Awards ceremony? Now that really WOULD be scary! :sick: :eek:

Just chuck them all togther in the blues room :D

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 10:18 PM
An army ...an ARMY OF SMURFS..

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH cough!!

Sparkles
24th-August-2005, 09:10 AM
Seeing as everyone is dressing as other people's avatars, (and that they were also the subject of the fancy dress theme last year) surely the 'Best Avatar' category has to be included?!

S. x

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-August-2005, 09:54 AM
Just chuck them all togther in the blues room

An army ...an ARMY OF SMURFS..

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH cough!!

I knew it would be silly to expect a straight answer from one of you :rolleyes:

*I'm off to look at Avatars*

CJ
24th-August-2005, 11:21 AM
I did actually consider that as several forum members have had what could be considered a huff - theTramp, andy mcgregor, loung lizard to name a mere 3. The risk is that the winner make take offense. It also opens up a can of worms as to the definition of a 'huff' :)

I think, bearing in mind time/posts dedicated to such behaviour, that some kind of huff category should be included.

I also feel, taking into account the type of people who do "huffs", that such an award would more likely appeal to their vainer side than offend.

drathzel
24th-August-2005, 01:49 PM
Mr "all knowing" Smurf... do you have to dress as an avatar of a person who is going to be there? :confused:

Purple Sparkler
24th-August-2005, 02:11 PM
If anyone dresses as *my* avatar, I want pictures!

Dreadful Scathe
24th-August-2005, 02:20 PM
Mr "all knowing" Smurf... do you have to dress as an avatar of a person who is going to be there? :confused:
No, that'd be silly, unless we can guarantee who would turn up. There are no guarantess in life. Unless you count "marmite tasting horrible" :)

drathzel
24th-August-2005, 02:38 PM
No, that'd be silly, unless we can guarantee who would turn up. There are no guarantess in life. Unless you count "marmite tasting horrible" :)
:yeah: :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
25th-August-2005, 03:12 PM
I hope everyone has voted. If not do so NOW....or else :)

JoC
28th-August-2005, 06:22 PM
If anyone dresses as *my* avatar, I want pictures!
You are coming up for the BFG aren't you PS? Says so on the poll so it must be true!?

Robin
28th-August-2005, 06:34 PM
The trouble with post-specific categories (e.g. "Best Post") is that people's memories are so short (well, mine is, I seem to recall).

So we (or maybe just I) can't remember great posts from even a week ago, let alone a year ago...

Ahhhh, but surely you can remember the decades best blatant advertiser/hijacker no ?

Personally I think we should strike that one out as Adam would win that hands down !

ducasi
28th-August-2005, 06:47 PM
You are coming up for the BFG aren't you PS? Says so on the poll so it must be true!?
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125198&postcount=39

JoC
28th-August-2005, 06:50 PM
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125198&postcount=39The writing was too small, I didn't see it. :blush:

Sparkles
30th-August-2005, 09:51 AM
So, has everyone voted yet...? :rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
30th-August-2005, 12:31 PM
Only 36 have voted so far and the fact that the "which star sign are you" poll has 113 votes suggest we have a bit of a wait before every active member gets round to this :). So I think we can wait at least another week

but.. tell all your friends to VOTE :)

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 12:38 PM
Only 36 have voted so far and the fact that the "which star sign are you" poll has 113 votes suggest we have a bit of a wait before every active member gets round to this :).
Ah, but that's because everyone likes to watch a fight - you need to put something highly controversial in to pull the punters.]

Purple Sparkler
30th-August-2005, 03:13 PM

I was and then my friend went and announced she's getting married that weekend.

And I have to be there- I'm making the cake.

JoC
30th-August-2005, 03:39 PM
I was and then my friend went and announced she's getting married that weekend.

And I have to be there- I'm making the cake.Ducasi updated me :blush: ...pity because I never managed more than a quick 'hi' when I was down. Your avatar has to be on the shortlist of possibles though... wonder which avatar there'll be most of?

Respect for the baking thing :worthy: , I always burn my arms when I go near the oven.

Lory
30th-August-2005, 03:40 PM
And I have to be there- I'm making the cake.If I was making the cake, it would be so much better if I wasn't there when they tasted it! :D

Purple Sparkler
30th-August-2005, 05:43 PM
Ducasi updated me :blush: ...pity because I never managed more than a quick 'hi' when I was down. Your avatar has to be on the shortlist of possibles though... wonder which avatar there'll be most of?

Respect for the baking thing :worthy: , I always burn my arms when I go near the oven.

Given the Forumette penchant for what I call 'the shiny', I would say it'll be Sparkles' that gets the most hits.

Yes, I managed to do that on the last wedding cake I made- still have a nice space-invader-shaped scar.

ducasi
30th-August-2005, 06:27 PM
Given the Forumette penchant for what I call 'the shiny', I would say it'll be Sparkles' that gets the most hits. ... Given the typical singleton sofa sitter's penchant for ice-cream... :whistle:

I don't see myself doing the fancy dress unless someone comes up with a good idea for me that I approve of, then actually supplies the costume. (Yeah, I'm a lazy, boring so-and-so.)

Dreadful Scathe
5th-September-2005, 11:02 AM
Anyone not voted yet ? 39 is feeble to be honest. Vote even if you're not going. :)

CJ
5th-September-2005, 02:44 PM
Anyone not voted yet ? 39 is feeble to be honest. Vote even if you're not going. :)

Is it worth putting a link to this in the chit chat thread? Or social??

Just a thought...

El Salsero Gringo
5th-September-2005, 02:49 PM
Is it worth putting a link to this in the chit chat thread? Or social??

Just a thought...Er, maybe it's because thirty-nine people is the entire population of the planet that gives a f*ck?

Just a thought.

CJ
5th-September-2005, 02:51 PM
Er, maybe it's because thirty-nine people is the entire population of the planet that gives a f*ck?

Just a thought.

It's at times like this we are all grateful that you dont think too often.

Dreadful Scathe
5th-September-2005, 03:20 PM
Er, maybe it's because thirty-nine people is the entire population of the planet that gives a f*ck?

Just a thought.
I assume you are coming to the BFG with bells on then ? :)

El Salsero Gringo
5th-September-2005, 03:22 PM
I assume you are coming to the BFG with bells on then ? :)That depends on whether I can afford a bullet-proof vest.

Dreadful Scathe
5th-September-2005, 03:32 PM
That depends on whether I can afford a bullet-proof vest.
Do they protect against sticks with nails in ? :confused:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-September-2005, 03:37 PM
Do they protect against sticks with nails in ? :confused:I don't know, but if you're worried about that kind of thing I can always bring you a spare.

LMC
5th-September-2005, 03:50 PM
That's all very well, but what if you get a homicidal maniac trying to attack with some variety of soft fruit? Eh?

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 04:17 PM
DS, I think you've probably got all the votes you're going to now - I'd say close the poll and go with the results as is. Life's too short otherwise.

Stuart M
5th-September-2005, 04:20 PM
That's all very well, but what if you get a homicidal maniac trying to attack with some variety of soft fruit? Eh?
It would be a very determined sort of homicidal maniac who relied on soft fruit...

presumably the same sort who would chop down the biggest tree in the forest with a herring? :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
5th-September-2005, 04:49 PM
DS, I think you've probably got all the votes you're going to now - I'd say close the poll and go with the results as is. Life's too short otherwise.

Will do Master David, the majority of people who give a **** have now voted :) Will sort out the next step tonight.

I can't believe "Best use of Innuendo" is the most popular!! I thought "Most humorous" may have come from behind with a late spurt. Then again, I suppose it was hard up against some fairly stiff competition.

..sorry :o

David Bailey
5th-September-2005, 06:08 PM
{ smut }
:rofl:
But... what was that someone said upthread about not nominating people in this thread?

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 09:34 AM
Will sort out voting etc.. shortly...

JoC
6th-September-2005, 01:21 PM
Never mind the sticks with nails (asses are thick skinned) or soft fruit (an ass will just eat it), I think a smothering-with-soft-fluffy-luvvy-smilies would do it.

That depends on whether I can afford a bullet-proof vest. :flower: :hug: :grin: :kiss: :hug: :flower: :) :nice: :grin: :kiss: :grin: :flower: :hug: :flower: :flower: :flower: :wink: :nice: :kiss: :flower: :cheers: :nice: :nice: :nice: :grin: :kiss: :hug: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 01:36 PM
Despite a last minute vote I'm sticking with this list (the vote didnt affect the selection anyway). These are our awards catagories.
This poll is now closed :).

1 Best Use of Innuendo (28)
2 Most Humorous (26)
3 Most helpful poster (25)
4 Best thread (23)
5 Biggest Hijacker (22)
6= Most thought-provoking post/poster (21)
Best Avatar (21)
Best Tag Line / Signature (21)
7 Forum Star (biggest impact in a short time) (20)
8= Most Pedantic (17)
Spurtle Award (stirrer of debate) (17)
Special Award (17)

Catagories I'm going to invite nominations for are highlighted in red.

The rest I think are clear enough that a candidate or 2 is bound to occur to you pretty quickly :).

So in the short term if you want to PM me with nominations (and if you can be bothered, examples) for these awards. Once we have some nominations settled we can start voting.

I'm not going to wait for weeks for nominations, if there are too few responses the moderators will have to think of the nominations instead. So speak up quickly ;)

The Special Award is going to stay a mystery. It will be decided by Franck and his sexy award team - it could be an award for...anything they think of...so wait and see.

The Forum King and Queen award will also appear on the voting form.

Dreadful Scathe
19th-September-2005, 01:52 PM
Responses have been minimal so far - not that it matters much, its all in hand. If anyone still wants to make any nominations do so right away - voting will commence soon after.

David Bailey
19th-September-2005, 06:41 PM
Responses have been minimal so far - not that it matters much, its all in hand. If anyone still wants to make any nominations do so right away - voting will commence soon after.
Is there anyway of sending a "all-group" message? Normally I'd be against that sort of spam, but in this case it might be justified.

El Salsero Gringo
19th-September-2005, 06:47 PM
Responses have been minimal so farIs there anyway of sending a "all-group" message? Normally I'd be against that sort of spam, but in this case it might be justified.Soimebody's just *not* getting the message here...

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-October-2005, 10:59 PM
bear with me - voting will commence by Tuesday - more details then - Ill send out PM's to all active posters and post details here for those i miss. Watch this space.

Thanks to those who responded with nominations.

Dreadful Scathe
5th-October-2005, 10:51 PM
The B.F.G. is now only a few weeks away....and only a few people bothered to vote and we had even fewer nominations. I expected this though - too complicated for the lot of you (except for a select few - you know who you are). But now we need votes.......and for as many catagories as you can possibly manage too....

VOTING IS ONE CLICK AWAY

go HERE (http://planetscathe.com/feedback.html) and vote

If you have sent me a PM with a vote it WILL be counted but you can vote again if you like if you feel you were not specific enough.

stewart38
10th-October-2005, 02:04 PM
READ POLL carefully first and then vote for ALL the award topics you like.

Obviously you cannot vote if you're not on the forum, but
please vote even if you are not coming to the B.F.G. The
results will be announced in little tiny faux neon pixels
on this very forum after the event.

where do you vote ? Is it too late so many threads about ?

Lory
10th-October-2005, 03:36 PM
where do you vote ? Is it too late so many threads about ?click on...

HERE (http://planetscathe.com/feedback.html)

:rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-October-2005, 04:41 PM
hmm the multiple threads were so you couldnt possibly fail to find a link to vote from - i think you're too nervous Stewart - click on everything - its the only way to be sure ;)

stewart38
10th-October-2005, 04:51 PM
hmm the multiple threads were so you couldnt possibly fail to find a link to vote from - i think you're too nervous Stewart - click on everything - its the only way to be sure ;)

too many catergories but as its says you can leave some blank