PDA

View Full Version : What's on in Brighton then (26-29/8) ?

DianaS
23rd-August-2005, 01:29 PM
We are off for some serious chillin' in Brighton and I've looked to see what's on in the dance scene and drawn a blank!!
Surely there's something going on inthe area to entertain us for the weekend?? :devil:

Northants Girly
23rd-August-2005, 02:30 PM
We are off for some serious chillin' in Brighton and I've looked to see what's on in the dance scene and drawn a blank!!
Surely there's something going on inthe area to entertain us for the weekend?? :devil:Dosn't look like you're getting too many replies - maybe everyone knew you were coming and headed out of town :wink:

Nevermind, you could always call in at the Jango T-dance in Hammersmith on your way home on Sunday! :grin:

DianaS
23rd-August-2005, 03:40 PM
Dosn't look like you're getting too many replies - maybe everyone knew you were coming and headed out of town :wink:

Nevermind, you could always call in at the Jango T-dance in Hammersmith on your way home on Sunday! :grin:
B*gger

TiggsTours
23rd-August-2005, 03:54 PM
Your best bet for down that way is checking out Lynda's List

http://www.lyndaslist.com/

but by the looks of it, there's not alot on down there that weekend.

Chef
23rd-August-2005, 04:27 PM
Your best bet for down that way is checking out Lynda's List

http://www.lyndaslist.com/

but by the looks of it, there's not alot on down there that weekend.

The ever useful and trusty Lyndas list (like a hitchhikers guide to the southern dance galaxy) does not help in this instance.

But all hope is not lost. Try sending a PM to Andy MacGregor. If anyone knows of anything happening in/around Brighton then it will be him. You never know he might even put on an event just so you have something to go to - he is that nice a chap.

jockey
23rd-August-2005, 11:55 PM
Surely there's something going on inthe area to entertain us for the weekend?? :devil:
I live in Brighton & Hove and my dance partner and I will be going to Crawley on Friday (REBEL ROC) and Gt Bookham on Sat (JAG JIVE); Andy Macgregor is a good contact and he runs sociable dances. I cant recommend the dance on Friday at the King Alfred Centre (its not Andys, by the way). Try Sarah who runs dances in Eastbourne andi f there is one and you go make yourself known to her (she is jolly nice and will make you very welcome). :cheers:

Minnie M
24th-August-2005, 07:59 AM
The ever useful and trusty Lyndas list (like a hitchhikers guide to the southern dance galaxy) does not help in this instance.

But all hope is not lost. Try sending a PM to Andy MacGregor. If anyone knows of anything happening in/around Brighton then it will be him. You never know he might even put on an event just so you have something to go to - he is that nice a chap.

Thank you Chef :hug:

There is very little dancing this weekend in Brighton (certainly not Sat/Sun & Mon - not that I know of) Crawley on Friday is the best bet (Ceroc Surrey/Rebel Roc) I will check out local stuff today and let you know tonight

I personally have Friday and Sunday sorted for dancing (outside Brighton) have no idea where to go Saturday and Monday - would rather stay local'ish :tears: even Woking is not in this Bank Hol Monday :tears: Hayward Heath closed too :sad: :sad: :sad: Wot is going on - it's a Bank Holiday weekend !!!!

I live in Brighton & Hove ........ Gt Bookham on Sat (JAG JIVE); ........../snip/.... Try Sarah who runs dances in Eastbourne andi f there is one and you

Not Brighton though Jockey :sad: Gt.Bookham is a fair distance from Brighton and even Eastbourne is over 30 miles away - dancers who visit Brighton want to dance in the Brighton area, such a shame the organisers can't sort this out, we have enough them to do that ! Andy McGregor is trying hard to please the Brighton dancers :clap: but he needs some time off himself sometimes :hug:

DianaS
24th-August-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks SO MUCH for all of your help!!
Tiggstours and Chef:- I was looking for dance events using my ususal listing http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/ and didn't realise that there was a whole other world on Lyndas list (durrrrr) I've bookmarked it now (my sister lives in Brighton) I always thought it must be a dry spot!!

Jockey thanks for recommending Crawley and Gt Bookham! I'm away with my son so if he's up to a night out (he usually likes the pier and chips) and the venue owner is cool (he's 16 so I'll give them a ring) we'll swing by! and Minnie if your hot dates don't crack off, or you fancy a walk on the wild side drop me a line and I'll pick up up !! Wey hey :devil:
Any one else up for it???
Its made my weekend! Alex likes fishing so he'll be happy whatever we do!!
:D

Coming soon to the South Coast!
Diana and Al
Watch this space!!

Northants Girly
24th-August-2005, 11:15 AM
he usually likes the pier and chips:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

last time I was on Brighton pier it was just before Xmas and it was freezing cold but the pier bar was selling lovely warm mulled wine :yum:

DianaS
24th-August-2005, 11:17 AM
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

last time I was on Brighton pier it was just before Xmas and it was freezing cold but the pier bar was selling lovely warm mulled wine :yum:
You can come too NG and Gemm,a but I expect you have plans already :wink:

Northants Girly
24th-August-2005, 11:24 AM
You can come too NG and Gemm,a but I expect you have plans already :wink:Would love to but G does have plans :rolleyes:

although I don't . . . . :tears:

Minnie M
24th-August-2005, 04:23 PM
........ and Minnie if your hot dates don't crack off........
:confused: is somebody not telling me something :rolleyes:

Would love to but G does have plans :rolleyes:

although I don't . . . . :tears:

Maybe it's Gemma who has the hot dates :whistle:

Minnie M
24th-August-2005, 05:32 PM
I was looking for dance events using my ususal listing http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/ and didn't realise that there was a whole other world on Lyndas list (durrrrr) ...
Fancy not knowing I am Lyndas List :rolleyes:
If you want to go to Gt.Bookham, ring him now - number on my list, it is about an hours drive from Brighton but if you want a lift, I will drive you there

DianaS
25th-August-2005, 09:06 AM
Fancy not knowing I am Lyndas List :rolleyes:
If you want to go to Gt.Bookham, ring him now - number on my list, it is about an hours drive from Brighton but if you want a lift, I will drive you there
Wey Hey Lynda You are SO on!!
At work now but I'll ring him later!!
Be great to go out with you again
Can we also meet for tea on the prom I so love the cappachinos in cardboard cups
Love You
DiXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :hug:

Minnie M
25th-August-2005, 06:58 PM
Wey Hey Lynda You are SO on!!
At work now but I'll ring him later!!
Be great to go out with you again
Can we also meet for tea on the prom I so love the cappachinos in cardboard cups
Love You
DiXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :hug:

The Brighton Marina is the IN place for posh coffee and designer shops :worthy: The prom is for tea and toasted teacakes :whistle: we could do that too :flower: