PDA

View Full Version : Big Night Out

Amanda
17th-April-2002, 02:40 PM
So there's a big night out in prospect...

The gilt-edged invite drops on the mat (hey, use some imagination) - great meal followed by a wee spot of dancing. But do these necessarily go together? Has anyone actually managed to down a 3 courser, appetisers, wine, aperitifs, coffee, liquors and a wafer thin mint...then tried to round the night off with a quick turn around the dance floor?

Reality dictates that something has to give and I think we all know the likely outcome of the above scenario... :sick:

So, what do we do? Is there any way for us dyed in the wool cerocers to navigate our way through the social minefield intact?

Amanda

:what:

DavidB
17th-April-2002, 03:28 PM
Tried it several times. And it always goes really well - or at least it seems that way at the time... The next day you will probably be told a different story.
A few things I've discovered along the way: Don't do any lifts or drops - she won't appreciate it. And she is not heavier - it is just that you are drunk and don't know what you're doing.
Try salsa - it always feels better after some drinks, and no-one else will remember your hips moving like that.
Being sick on the dance floor is not socially acceptable, even in London.
Don't spin her too much (see previous point)
Be careful with any move where you hold her body (shoulders, back, waist etc.) Your aim is not as good after a few drinks, but her memory lasts a bit longer.David

John McAulay
23rd-May-2002, 12:46 AM
wow! amanda, your idea of a good night ends on a dance floor?
And I thought you were the ultimate party animal!!
well!
I would have some food, no pudding, black coffee no mints
then hit the dance floor
break for soda water and lime (as I never drink and ceroc!)
!!!!!!!?
well that was my rule up untill last saturday night at vegas
the new dance night at the forum in aberdeen.
In three and a half years I have never danced ceroc with a drink.
mainly due to traveling to venues with my car (where I would never drink and drive)
when I was a novice cerocer it was hard enough to remember the moves without having a drink, this habit has remained till saturday night.
It was a great night and thanks to all the girls I danced with,
the drink was flowing and I hope took care not to damage any one.
a quick walk to the dolphin for a bag of chips and a taxi home.
now amanda thats a perfect night!
ps. they did play our song but like cinders your were gone!:waycool: