PDA

View Full Version : Brent Cross

Missy D
19th-August-2005, 07:08 PM
Just reading in my local paper that there is Ceroc dancing happening in Brent Cross this sunday 1 til 5pm. Is anyone going? Weather forecast is not looking too good so its something to do!

El Salsero Gringo
19th-August-2005, 07:34 PM
I was planning to go in the afternoon, other commitments permitting.

Clive Long
19th-August-2005, 07:54 PM
Just reading in my local paper that there is Ceroc dancing happening in Brent Cross this sunday 1 til 5pm. Is anyone going? Weather forecast is not looking too good so its something to do!
About the only valid reason to go to Brent Cross.

El Salsero Gringo
19th-August-2005, 08:05 PM
About the only valid reason to go to Brent Cross.Not at all. I want to persuade a group of buskers to take Dave Bradley back to the home furnishings department at John Lewis and see if we can get a refund.

Clive Long
19th-August-2005, 08:08 PM
Not at all. I want to persuade a group of buskers to take Dave Bradley back to the home furnishings department at John Lewis and see if we can get a refund.
I spilt some red wine on my duvet cover - will the exchange for DB cover the cost?

Dizzy
20th-August-2005, 11:17 AM
oooh............ shopping and dancing in the same venue!!!

Sounds like a dream come true!!! :clap:

dee
20th-August-2005, 11:27 AM
Count me in :D hope to meet some more people from the forum (thats if any of you are going of course) :flower:

David Bailey
20th-August-2005, 11:27 AM
???

Is this a busking thing or what? I know they did it in the central lift / escalator bit a few years back for Ashtons...?

Rhythm King
20th-August-2005, 06:17 PM
???

Is this a busking thing or what? I know they did it in the central lift / escalator bit a few years back for Ashtons...?

Sort of. It's part of the Brent Cross VE/VJ Day 1940's street party, apparently. Anyway it's free :clap:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-August-2005, 07:20 PM
Sort of. It's part of the Brent Cross VE/VJ Day 1940's street party, apparently. Anyway it's free :clap:I gather Ceroc was really big during the war. So, that was three hours dancing on a hard marble floor in front of hundreds of muggles and nary an admit one in sight. Free? I should bl**dy well hope so!

Nice to meet Tiggs Tours there - which other forumites did I miss?

David Bailey
21st-August-2005, 08:55 PM
I gather Ceroc was really big during the war. So, that was three hours dancing on a hard marble floor in front of hundreds of muggles and nary an admit one in sight. Free? I should bl**dy well hope so!
Sounds like, err, fun...

TiggsTours
22nd-August-2005, 09:32 AM
I gather Ceroc was really big during the war. So, that was three hours dancing on a hard marble floor in front of hundreds of muggles and nary an admit one in sight. Free? I should bl**dy well hope so!

Nice to meet Tiggs Tours there - which other forumites did I miss?

Very nice to meet you too, and thank you for my lovely dances. :grin:

Wasn't it great? Can we do it again next week? Can we, can we!

Purple Sparkler
22nd-August-2005, 09:44 AM
I was far too knackered to go to this. Spent the afternoon watching 'Shall we Dansu' and 'Ultraviolet' instead.

I'm still tired. I would have watched the last episode of UV, but realised I was nodding off and missing bits of it. So I'm saving that for when I have a night off.

David Bailey
22nd-August-2005, 11:05 AM
I would have watched the last episode of UV, but realised I was nodding off and missing bits of it. So I'm saving that for when I have a night off.
Well, the best bit is right at the end, when the.... :whistle:

Rhythm King
22nd-August-2005, 12:20 PM
which other forumites did I miss?

Well, if only you'd played a gatling gun, you wouln't have missed any.

Clive Long
22nd-August-2005, 12:32 PM
:rofl:

On form today RK.

*apologies to other forumites. We're not mad with talk of ice-cream and gattling guns - We're just trying to form a clique. However, it's a leaky clique, so everyone's invited. :flower:

Clive

Purple Sparkler
22nd-August-2005, 01:40 PM

They could have dodged, though. Or used their 10 gallon hats. :D

CJ
22nd-August-2005, 01:44 PM
Or used their 10 gallon hats. :D

Eewww... that's a VERY leaky clique!!!!!!!!! :sick:

Rhythm King
22nd-August-2005, 02:26 PM
Eewww... that's a VERY leaky clique!!!!!!!!! :sick:

Better that, than a cliquey leak :wink:

Anyway, I blame Russel Saxby :devil:. None of it would've happened if Greenwich hadn't been sold out :tears:

Dizzy
22nd-August-2005, 03:04 PM
Anyway, I blame Russel Saxby :devil:. None of it would've happened if Greenwich hadn't been sold out :tears:

:yeah: :rofl: