PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm Riot Camber 2005

Minnie M
19th-August-2005, 02:56 PM
Camber Sands, Sussex (same venue as Franco's) Friday 25th to Monday 28th November 2005

Is anyone interested in joining me for the Rhythm Riot (http://www.rhythmriot.com/) Weekend - please PM me - we need (at least) one extra person (Male or Female) to make the booking

Great weekend, no classes, just really great bands and lots and lots of dancing (plus some drinking :whistle: ) you can still MJ there (especially with the French) although music is mainly early R & B

Minnie M
19th-August-2005, 07:15 PM
Isn't anyone interested ? :tears:

Minnie M
20th-August-2005, 01:29 PM
It is a fab weekend - really :D isn't anyone interested :tears:

Buttons
20th-August-2005, 05:46 PM
My partner and I are thinking about going and will hopefully decide soon(depending on business commitments) As you say it really is a fab week-end. I hope you enjoy it. :grin:

Minnie M
22nd-August-2005, 07:40 AM
Camber Sands, Sussex (same venue as Franco's) Friday 25th to Monday 28th November 2005

Is anyone interested in joining me for the Rhythm Riot (http://www.rhythmriot.com/) Weekend - please PM me - we need (at least) one extra person (Male or Female) to make the booking

Great weekend, no classes, just really great bands and lots and lots of dancing (plus some drinking :whistle: ) you can still MJ there (especially with the French) although music is mainly early R & B

Just to clarify above - this is an fab weekend - but it is not like the modern jive ones - there are NO classes at all. It is all about having fun, listening to the best music (live bands) mainly the 40's and early 50's - lots and lots of dancing (top hall till 5am each night) record & retro clothes stalls - vintage cars' show and parade around the complex, a retro car boot sale - and mixing and dancing with partners from all over the world

under par
25th-August-2005, 02:29 AM
It sounds like fun but just not for me, Minnie. :hug:

Thought I'd ressurect the thread for any that missed it first time round like I did.

U.P. :kiss:

Minnie M
25th-August-2005, 08:20 AM
It sounds like fun but just not for me, Minnie. :hug:

Thought I'd ressurect the thread for any that missed it first time round like I did.

U.P. :kiss:

Thank you UP - all booked now :clap:

It jogged the memory of a forumite who was thinking of coming a while back - so the forum works in many ways - thank you Franck and the Ceroc Forum - I am off to Rhythm Riot now :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BTW we now have 2 boys and 2 girls in our LUXURY appartment (sleeps 7) and the cost is £124 each and for that we can dance to and listen to about 20 amazing bands from all over the world - with loads of records stalls for the DJ and collector and a hall (the one which runs parallel to the main hall, open all weekend) full of retro clothes stalls etc., there is even a hairdresser booth for those who fancy going back in time with a DA or a quiff :eek: ) so if anyone else is interested the link is on my first post and there are still places. Remember NO CLASSES

Swinging bee
25th-August-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi M, We will be there,sharing with Nelson and karen. We are riot 'virgins' look forward to catching up with you. ps had the message from Colin re Camber.Nov 05 We're available, not sure if DJing hope so! The DO keep you waiting right up to the last minute....got lots of new tunes.... L and J x

Minnie M
25th-August-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi M, We will be there,sharing with Nelson and karen. We are riot 'virgins' look forward to catching up with you. ps had the message from Colin re Camber.Nov 05 We're available, not sure if DJing hope so! The DO keep you waiting right up to the last minute....got lots of new tunes.... L and J x
:yeah: fantastic :clap: you will LOVE it :clap:

Dance Demon
25th-August-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey Minnie
I've been trying to get to the Riot for about three years now, but somethings always prevented it happening.......HOWEVER....a small posse of us Edinburgers are thinking about making the trek down this year...so fingers crossed, & hopefully we'll see ya there :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
25th-August-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey Minnie
I've been trying to get to the Riot for about three years now, but somethings always prevented it happening.......HOWEVER....a small posse of us Edinburgers are thinking about making the trek down this year...so fingers crossed, & hopefully we'll see ya there :clap: :clap:
Fantastic I'll be crossing EVERYTHING :yeah: :flower: :hug: :kiss: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fletch
26th-August-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi there are a few off us booked to go :clap: but we haven't had any details, it sounds more Lindy & Swing? :confused: and is there a theme :what: see you all there :cheers: or at Southport :flower:

Minnie M
26th-August-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi there are a few off us booked to go :clap: but we haven't had any details, it sounds more Lindy & Swing? :confused: and is there a theme :what: see you all there :cheers: or at Southport :flower:

Just to clarify above - this is an fab weekend - but it is not like the modern jive ones - there are NO classes at all. It is all about having fun, listening to the best music (live bands) mainly the 40's and early 50's - lots and lots of dancing (top hall till 5am each night) record & retro clothes stalls - vintage cars' show and parade around the complex, a retro car boot sale - and mixing and dancing with partners from all over the world

Not Lindy at all, although there are a few (only a few) Lindy dancers who go, primarily 40's dancers and Rock 'n' Roll - check out the web page, there is a little video clip - my first post has a link - and see previous post above

Be great to meet you Fletch :flower:

fletch
26th-August-2005, 07:31 PM
Be great to meet you Fletch :flower:[/QUOTE]

There was a b-b-q at Sothport for the forum :drool: I wasn't on it then :sad: is there anything for Camber? :grin: or do we just guess :wink: will be nice to see you :flower:

Minnie M
27th-August-2005, 02:35 AM
There was a b-b-q at Sothport for the forum :drool: I wasn't on it then :sad: is there anything for Camber? :grin: or do we just guess :wink: will be nice to see you :flower:
BBQ is a good idea for the Jive Spree (http://www.jivetime.co.uk/page6.html) Weekend at Camber - don't think it is right for Rhythm Riot :whistle:

Minnie M
14th-November-2005, 08:48 PM
11 days to go !!

(getting to know the staff, I have been there so many times :blush: )

stewart38
14th-November-2005, 09:13 PM
11 days to go !!

(getting to know the staff, I have been there so many times :blush: )

Is this fully booked now sounds great

Minnie M
14th-November-2005, 10:49 PM
Is this fully booked now sounds great
Email them http://www.rhythmriot.com/ or robin@rockthejoint.com

their booking arrangements are different to our MJ ones - you pay for the accomodation (the chalet) then pay for a entertainment pass which is now (I think) cors it is so late £75 per person

There are 4 in our chalet and we have the Top 7/Luxury one (the posh one) which cost £225 shared between the four of us then we paid £65 each for the entertainment pass

We may be getting anothe female, so the chalet costs would then be £45 each then we pay for the entertainment pass on top.

You also have to provide two passport photos as everyone has a laminated pass with their photo on

Reminder for this weekend :-

NO CLASSES but lots and lots of amazing local and international bands and lots and lots of dancing with people from all over the world

At 3pm the close the DOWNSTAIRS and the dancing carries on upstairs with approx 500 dancers and most of these dancers make it to the end which is 5:30am :worthy:

BTW The Queen Vic is open the whole weekend (not sure if the Mitchells will be running it though :tears:

lindyloo
15th-November-2005, 11:45 PM
Minnie

We are going, as usual. Can't wait.

I think people need to understand that it's quite heavy 40's/50's rockabilly based, no pop, modern, etc, and of course v different from any other dance event. It's not for everyone.

See you there

:clap:

Minnie M
16th-November-2005, 09:22 AM
Minnie

We are going, as usual. Can't wait.

I think people need to understand that it's quite heavy 40's/50's rockabilly based, no pop, modern, etc, and of course v different from any other dance event. It's not for everyone.

See you there

:clap:
:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap:

:yeah: :clap: heavy 40's/50's music :clap: :yeah:

I love it - but t'is true not to everyones taste

9 days to go