PDA

View Full Version : Ducasi's Grand Tour of Scotland, September 2005

ducasi
18th-August-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi Guys,

Inspired by JoC's recent excursions round Engerland, but being much more of a stay-at-home kinda guy, I thought I'd do a wee tour of some of Scotland's Ceroc venues that I haven't yet had the pleasure of visiting.

What I'm looking for from you lot are recommendations of when to go where, and also where to stay while I'm there – hotels or B&Bs, etc. :nice:

Current thoughts are...

1st September – New Inverness night – will need a bed for the night.
2nd/3rd – Musselburgh – I'm now sorted for accommodation.
4th, Sunday – Back home for a kip.
5th, Monday – Dundee – will need to find a bed somewhere.
6th, Tuesday – Edinburgh – then home...
7th, Wednesday – Aberdeen – accommodation required.
8th, Thursday – dunno, might do Perth... then home...
9th, Friday – collapse of exhaustion!
10th – Glasgow Party!!!

All suggestions, advice, recommendations, etc., gratefully received. :flower:

I'm really looking forward to meeting all you east-coasters! :cheers:

Cheers!

Lorna
18th-August-2005, 09:16 PM
Hello again,

sounds very exhausting!!! only one problem, I'll only get to meet up with you at the champs. You'll miss both my dundee and aberdeen night. Mmm... maybe that was part of your cunning plan? :wink:

Enjoy, both Lisa and Elaine are great teachers and wonderful dancers and I suppose you've had the Lorna experience anyway. :hug:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Funky Mado
18th-August-2005, 11:11 PM
Ducasi , that sounds so much fun! I'll hopefully see you at Musselburgh, and I'll be there on Monday and at the Glasgow party. Would offer you a bed for the Monday night but I'm moving soon and the spare bed has been dismantelled(sp?) and there're boxes everywhere.
Hope your week goes as you planned! :hug:
FM x :flower:

JoC
18th-August-2005, 11:27 PM
LM and I stayed in Inverness the other week at Glendoune B&B, was reasonably priced and most pleasant, not that we spent much time there! www.glendoune.co.uk
tel:01463 231493

Quite a lot of guesthouses and B&Bs in that general area (not far from the river and an easy walk to Waterside). Might still have a few more names and numbers if I can find them.

:flower:

ducasi
19th-August-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks Lorna, Funky Mado and Jo. :flower:

I'm really sorry I'll miss you Lorna, and the wonderful Lorna Experience. :flower:

(Do I get bonus points in the competition for flattering the judges? ;))

I'll have a look at that B&B in Inverness... Anybody else going to be there for the first night?

ducasi
28th-August-2005, 06:36 PM
Just a wee update...

Preparations are going well... Sorted for accommodation everywhere but Aberdeen – which is "fully booked" according to the VisitScotland web site – though I have a very good Plan B if I can't find anywhere. (Thanks! :flower:)

So who should I be looking out for in my travels? Reply here or PM me if you're going to be at any of the places I'm visiting and want to say "hi", have a dance, or whatever.

Cheers! :waycool:

JoC
28th-August-2005, 06:44 PM
So who should I be looking out for in my travels? Reply here or PM me if you're going to be at any of the places I'm visiting and want to say "hi", have a dance, or whatever.
Will you be wearing your new shoes? In that case I'd like to reserve a dance. I'll request Devil Woman specially :devil:

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2005, 06:50 PM
I'll request Devil Woman specially :devil:
Mmmmn, wonder if the DJ's got that one? :whistle:

ducasi
28th-August-2005, 07:20 PM
Will you be wearing your new shoes? In that case I'd like to reserve a dance. I'll request Devil Woman specially :devil: I've got a mouth big enough for my new shoes!

Mmmmn, wonder if the DJ's got that one? :whistle: Maybe it depends on whether she wants a dance with me... :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2005, 07:31 PM
The DJ would love a dance - see you at the Invercarse (although, I'll pick something better than Devil Woman :D )

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2005, 07:32 PM
The Bimini (www.bimini.co.uk) is supposed to be a good guesthouse in Aberdeen.

ducasi
28th-August-2005, 07:42 PM
The DJ would love a dance - see you at the Invercarse (although, I'll pick something better than Devil Woman :D ) I'm sure you will – it's no wonder you're in big demand. :flower: So.. that's Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday, then the next Saturday I'll see you? Famine then feast...

I'm checking out the Bimini just now... Thanks... :hug:

ducasi
7th-September-2005, 09:19 AM
Just a wee update to let people know how it's going...

So-far I've been to Inverness, Musselburgh (2 nights), Dundee and Edinburgh.

Two things have remained constant...

Fab dancers!
Tiggerbabe has been there!

I've really enjoyed myself so-far, and I'm looking forward to Aberdeen tonight and to whatever I do with the rest of the week...

On Thursday I am due a day off, but the new body movement class rumoured to be coming to Rutherglen is mighty tempting.

On Friday, if I do take Thursday off, I was thinking about Route 66. I've no idea how I'd get there though – in fact, I don't have much of a clue where it is!

Saturday night can only be the Glasgow Party at the Henry Wood Hall. This one is Not To Be Missed.

And on Sunday I'm hoping to finish the week off with an Intermediate workshop.

I'll be fit to drop by Monday, but that's OK, cos I'm not dancing on Monday, I've just got work... :sad:

For those of you who are wondering where all the news is on my blog – don't worry! I'm writing up things as I go along, but I haven't had a chance to finish them off to post them.

Just want to say "hi!" and "thanks!" :flower: to all the great people I've met along the way – hope to see you all again soon.

Cheers! :hug:

Tiggerbabe
7th-September-2005, 07:08 PM
Two things have remained constant...

Fab dancers!
Tiggerbabe has been there!

I've really enjoyed myself so-far, and I'm looking forward to Aberdeen tonight
Sorry I'll miss you tonight Ducasi, definitely been a great week of dancing for me too.

Hopefully I'll make the party on Saturday *fingers crossed*

JoC
7th-September-2005, 07:34 PM
definitely been a great week of dancing for me too.Just have to get this out of my system somewhere and it tenuously links to this thread...

Monday in Dundee was fantastic!!!!!! Loved the music and got lots of dances with some of my faves as well as some lovely chaps I'd never danced with before or only danced with once or twice. Seem to be lots of fairly recent additions to the Dundee class :clap: .

Still need more men...I'll have to improve my sales technique, there are so many of these 'men' creatures at work, I just haven't figured out a line that'll work... tried 'I promise you lots of lovely ladies' today so fingers crossed.

Tiggerbabe
7th-September-2005, 07:42 PM
Monday in Dundee was fantastic!!!!!!
You are so right Jo, dunno what it was - post comp euphoria maybe - but the place was buzzin' :D
I had a great time doing the music, so thanks :hug:

ducasi
8th-September-2005, 02:19 PM
... Monday in Dundee was fantastic!!!!!! Loved the music and got lots of dances with some of my faves as well as some lovely chaps I'd never danced with before or only danced with once or twice. Seem to be lots of fairly recent additions to the Dundee class :clap: ... :yeah: (Except I dancing with the lovely ladies...)

Have to say though that last night in Aberdeen, despite the lack of JoC and Tiggerbabe, it was mega-fantastic!!!!

Good music, excellent teacher, good company and some fab dancers... I had a brilliant time! :clap:

Tonight... Rutherglen! :D

ducasi
10th-September-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys,

Well the tour is pretty much over... By the end of this weekend, I'll have danced 9 days out of 11. Not bad going... I've had a really great time too! :D

Thanks to everyone for their help, hospitality and company. :flower: Hope to see you all soon – maybe at a monthly party, the BFG or I might make it back up to Aberdeen for the Beach Ballroom weekend. :nice:

I'm still finishing writing it all up for my blog. I'll post here when I've caught up.

Just got one dilemma... I've got one more day to use on my "Freedom of Scotland" rail pass, and I have until Thursday to use it... Any suggestions?

ducasi
11th-September-2005, 10:21 PM
OK, that's the dance marathon over! Danced 9 days out of the past 11, 10 out of the last 13. Itching to go dancing tomorrow though...

Anyway, I'm now finished up posting all my reports from my wee adventure, and thought I'd give you handy links to read them...

On the 1st September I went to the opening of a new class in Inverness (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/09/04/inverness-opening-night/).

On the 2nd and 3rd I was in Musselburgh, at the Scottish Ceroc Competitions (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/09/05/scottish-ceroc-competition-2005/).

On the 4th day I rested. :wink:

On the 5th and 6th, I went to Dundee, then Edinburgh (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/09/07/dundee-and-edinburgh/).

On the 7th and 8th, I travelled near and far, but not in that order, to go to Aberdeen and Rutherglen (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/09/09/aberdeen-and-rutherglen/).

On the 9th day I rested some more. :waycool:

On the 10th and 11th, not strictly part of my tour, but still during my holiday time, I went to the monthly Glasgow party, and an Intermediate workshop (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/09/11/party-and-workshop/).

On the 12th day I return to work. :tears:

I hope you enjoy reading about my wee tour – and if you do, please leave a comment. :flower:

:cheers: