PDA

View Full Version : When I'm Prime Minister, I'll . . . . . . .

Trousers
18th-August-2005, 01:54 PM
When I was a kid my dad (yes contrary to some opinions) used to say

"When I'm Prime Minister"

and give us his methods for putting the world right on all matters that annoyed him.

Well why not in here I thought. Then I saw Cruella's things that naff you off thread but thought - hell Post and be damned.

When I'm Prime Minister :- Rubber necking incidents on major highways and motorways will become punishable by roadside execution. Drastic I hear one say. But think how many man days of work are lost after some poor unfortunate has an accident, death may have occurred even and idiots gawp, yes gawp open mouthed at the scene as they crawl by at gawp speed (it's nothing at all like warp speed in fact could be the inverse).

Personally I tend to focus even more intently on the cars around me because there is no way that you can be certain that they will continue in the same direction let alone the same speed in a rubber neck zone and the last thing I want is the infamy of causing a further incident at the scene of another.

So Rubber Neckers get pulled over and dispatched humanely at the road side - They'll not do it again I reckon!

What will you do when you are Prime Minister?

LMC
18th-August-2005, 02:14 PM
I will change the Law:

All days will have 28 hours

Every week will have 9 days - 2 each of Saturdays and Sundays

Mondays will be part of the weekend so that everyone doesn't hate them any more.

azande
18th-August-2005, 02:20 PM
Mondays will be part of the weekend so that everyone doesn't hate them any more. It's time for Tuesdays to be hated!! :D

Andy McGregor
18th-August-2005, 02:24 PM
When I'm Prime Minister ...

.. Tony Blair won't be :innocent:

under par
18th-August-2005, 02:25 PM
When I'm Prime Minister ...

.. Tony Blair won't be :innocent:

Hoorah!!! Vote for Andy........PS what are your policies? :confused:

Andy McGregor
18th-August-2005, 02:37 PM
Hoorah!!! Vote for Andy........PS what are your policies? :confused:I will be having no policies so you can't disagree with me - except, I'll put Modern Jive on the curriculum of all schools.

CJ
18th-August-2005, 03:14 PM
I will be having no policies so you can't disagree with me - snip...

So, you'll be lib dem then??

If I'm Prime Minister, I'll invest an equal % figure into sports in England, Scotland, NI AND Wales so that certain teams have a good excuse when they lose 5-1 to Denmark and other teams have no excuse when they draw 0-0 with Faroe Islands.

Purple Sparkler
18th-August-2005, 03:18 PM
So, you'll be lib dem then??

If I'm Prime Minister, I'll invest an equal % figure into sports in England, Scotland, NI AND Wales so that certain teams have a good excuse when they lose 5-1 to Denmark and other teams have no excuse when they draw 0-0 with Faroe Islands.

On a similar theme, I will put a specific % figure into the arts, whilst capping the amount that can be charged for a ticket to any form of one-evening entertainment (a West End Show, a stadium gig, an opera etc etc) at £30, which will also be the maximum that such a ticket can legally be auctioned for on Ebay or in any other auctioning process, unless all the proceeds above the £30 mark go to charity.

philsmove
18th-August-2005, 03:48 PM
I will change the Law:

All days will have 28 hours

Every week will have 9 days - 2 each of Saturdays and Sundays

Mondays will be part of the weekend so that everyone doesn't hate them any more.
But what about those us who have to work weekends :tears:

Very temped to give my first negative rep :flower:

under par
18th-August-2005, 03:52 PM
But what about those us who have to work weekends :tears:

Very temped to give my first negative rep :flower:

How about if I change the law to ban all working at weekends (exemptions for bar persons and DJs)
:whistle:

some posi rep!! :rofl: