PDA

View Full Version : Jive Bar 24th August?

DaveD
16th-August-2005, 08:13 PM
Back in London again next week - just checking to see if Jive bar is open and if so any forumites going

Dave

LMC
16th-August-2005, 09:30 PM
It is open again. I may be there (my usual Weds venue is closed for building works at the moment) but only been once before...

Sparkles
17th-August-2005, 09:43 AM
I'll be there! Save me a dance, please :flower:

S. x

David Bailey
17th-August-2005, 10:03 AM
I've never been - what's it like?

Sparkles
17th-August-2005, 10:45 AM
It's fun and friendly and has the best teachers around (BillCo or Simon r :worthy: ).
The intermediate classes are usually latin-based.
A good crowd of forumites and regulars normally turn up.
The floor is good, bit it's a small-ish venue so be prepared to practice your floorcraft.
It finishes at 10:45 and then there's usually a gaggle of us that go off to the pub - you're more than welcome to join us :flower:
There's no air-con, but there are several well-positioned fans.
There's a small bar and the prices are reasonable.

Hope to see you there!
S. x

TiggsTours
17th-August-2005, 11:33 AM
Didn't really like the Jive Bar, found it a bit cliquey. Also noticed on the few nights that I went that all the crew went and sat on the stage for most of the evening, and just danced up there with each other.

Still, that said, there were always some fab dancers there.

LMC
17th-August-2005, 11:48 AM
Didn't really like the Jive Bar, found it a bit cliquey. Also noticed on the few nights that I went that all the crew went and sat on the stage for most of the evening, and just danced up there with each other.

Still, that said, there were always some fab dancers there.
I've only been once (last week in fact) but had a really good night. Yes, I had to do most of the asking. But as no-one knew me there until a couple of forumites came along later, that wasn't surprising. (I'm not good looking enough or a good enough dancer to be queued up for.) I had no refusals and most of the guys I danced with were good fun.

And yes, there were some great dancers there :nice:

The only thing that would put me off going again was that the bar ran out of bottled water and the only available soft drinks were all sugared or sweetened... - hope this isn't a regular event?

Sparkles
17th-August-2005, 11:55 AM
The only thing that would put me off going again was that the bar ran out of bottled water and the only available soft drinks were all sugared or sweetened... - hope this isn't a regular event?
No, it's not. :flower:

David Bailey
17th-August-2005, 12:08 PM
It finishes at 10:45 and then there's usually a gaggle of us that go off to the pub - you're more than welcome to join us :flower:
Would love to, but I plan to be busy being frustrated at failing to understand a salsa move at around 10.45pm, sorry.

It was just idle curiosity more than anything else.

DaveD
17th-August-2005, 06:51 PM
I'll be there! Save me a dance, please :flower:

S. x

Certainly will :grin: My hotel is quite near this time so might manage a drink afterwards as I wont have a cross town tube trek :cheers:

Hope to see New Kid for a dance too!

Dave

Clive Long
20th-August-2005, 01:12 PM
Certainly will :grin: My hotel is quite near this time ....

Oh yes? :raises-eyebrow-in-Leslie-Philips-kind-of-way: :devil: When I try that line it is met with a slap or a stifled laugh in a "you're-joking.Right?" kind of way. :(

... so might manage a drink afterwards as I wont have a cross town tube trek :cheers:

Hope to see New Kid for a dance too!

Dave
There you go, coming up with a sensible explanation.

CRL

DaveD
21st-August-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh yes? :raises-eyebrow-in-Leslie-Philips-kind-of-way: :devil: When I try that line it is met with a slap or a stifled laugh in a "you're-joking.Right?" kind of way. :(

There you go, coming up with a sensible explanation.

CRL

:rofl: Just as well I had a sensible explanation :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
21st-August-2005, 04:49 PM
Have a great night Dave, I'm looking forward to being on the receiving end of another "Jive Bar Move" :clap: ( or 3 :wink: )

DaveD
21st-August-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm looking forward to being on the receiving end of another "Jive Bar Move" :clap: ( or 3 :wink: )

Careful ;) Mr Long might thinks that's another "Leslie Phillips" kind of remark :rofl: