PDA

View Full Version : Pet Hates

Cruella
15th-August-2005, 10:28 AM
I think i got out the wrong side of the bed this morning, need a moan so thought i'd start a thread about Pet Hates. What really annoys you (not dance related). You can only have three otherwise it just goes on and on, very therapeutic though!

I hate unreliability in people. i.e when someone says they will phone, meet you etc then change their mind at the last minute without a good reason.

I hate littering, people are just so lazy. Whats wrong with the bin!

Insincerity, if you don't like someone or something don't pretend to. Be honest about your feelings and thoughts.

Oooh i feel happy now. :grin:
Skips away singing

Clive Long
15th-August-2005, 10:36 AM
What really annoys you (not dance related). You can only have three otherwise it just goes on and on, very therapeutic though!
<< snip >>
When I read this thread title I thought "cats" - spitty, scratchy things.

My list ..

My procrastination.

My inability to use as few words as possible.

My lack of application.

Given these failings I try not to be too judgemental of others - but I am - another failing. :tears:

Clive

El Salsero Gringo
15th-August-2005, 10:38 AM
I think i got out the wrong side of the bed this morning, need a moan so thought i'd start a thread about Pet Hates. What really annoys you (not dance related). You can only have three otherwise it just goes on and on, very therapeutic though!

I hate unreliability in people. i.e when someone says they will phone, meet you etc then change their mind at the last minute without a good reason.

I hate littering, people are just so lazy. Whats wrong with the bin!

Insincerity, if you don't like someone or something don't pretend to. Be honest about your feelings and thoughts.

Oooh i feel happy now. :grin:
Skips away singing
I hate people who whinge pseudo-anonymously about other people's dance-floor behaviour on the Ceroc Scotland Forum. ("I danced with a really tall guy with boggle eyes and Hawaiian shirt, two-tone shoes in purple and orange and wearing a red Comic Relief plastic nose at a freestyle night somewhere in West London on Saturday and he was really smelly/up himself/pervy/dangerous/inconsiderate. Everyone knows who I mean but I can't mention his name because he might read this and realise who I'm talking about, and that would be rude.")

Oh sod it, I've just realised. I just hate everyone. Pass me that shard of glass and run me a hot bath, someone.

Cruella
15th-August-2005, 10:42 AM
I hate people who whinge pseudo-anonymously about other people's dance-floor behaviour on the Ceroc Scotland Forum. ("I danced with a really tall guy with boggle eyes and Hawaiian shirt, two-tone shoes in purple and orange and wearing a red Comic Relief plastic nose at a freestyle night somewhere in West London on Saturday and he was really smelly/up himself/pervy/dangerous/inconsiderate. Everyone knows who I mean but I can't mention his name because he might read this and realise who I'm talking about, and that would be rude.")

Oh sod it, I've just realised. I just hate everyone. Pass me that shard of glass and run me a hot bath, someone.
I said NOT DANCE RELATED. Here take the glass, but i need it back to use on those pesky puppies.
OOh i'm so horrid. :devil:

LMC
15th-August-2005, 10:48 AM
Two of the things which annoy me out of all proportion to the extent that they actually matter are:

e-mail chain letters i) of hoax viruses (CHECK before sending to everyone, pleeeeeeeeeease). ii) which insist you forward to everyone in your address book within 12 seconds, or you will suffer the endless torments of hell (or at least never get another date)
- "customer service" people who politely address me as "Mrs" - read your b****y computer screen, I'm not married :mad:

The third thing of my allowance:

:yeah: . Although rather than the shard of glass and hot bath, I'll take the option of living in a small (but luxuriously equipped) hut located at least 3,500 miles from anyone else on the planet

Purple Sparkler
15th-August-2005, 10:55 AM
I'll take the option of living in a small (but luxuriously equipped) hut located at least 3,500 miles from anyone else on the planet

Sounds like bliss.

My pet hates:

Being made to feel stupid- especially intentionally. Or worse, feeling stupid all off my own bat because of something I've done or said that made me cringe in hindsight (there's a lot of that about lately with me).

People who push past you in queues, especially the unofficial queues at doors on trains- oh yes, you REALLY need to get on first, so badly that you don't wait to let other people off, and of course, you (usually being a 20something man) desperately need that last seat much more than someone carrying a load of bags, or that pregnant girl who got on just behind you (before I get a flurry of PMs I hasten to add that THAT'S NOT ME). That's right, bury your nose in your tacky bestselling paperback (that you chose because it's a bestseller so you don't need to think about whether you'll enjoy it, you just want to say you read it) so that you can pretend you can't see the people who need your seat more than you do. :mad:

The old classic: Tourists/teenage girls/teenage tourists who block the f***ing street and walk really, really slowly. GET OUT OF MY *string of naughty words* WAY!

murphy
15th-August-2005, 11:18 AM
My pet hates (for today anyway)...

Having to work indoors when the sun is actually shining outside (ok, I know this only happens a couple of times a year)

Cyclists and motorcyclists that think the highway code doesn't apply to them.

My selfishness.

... and now I'm off to press my nose against the office window and look out at all the lovely people enjoying the weather ...
:waycool:

Little Monkey
15th-August-2005, 01:02 PM
My pet hates (or at least some of them!!):

* Vandalism and littering - particularly idiots who break glass (very nasty on the grass in the park, where little children and dogs play!! :mad: ), or break other people's property just for fun. :angry:

* Sales calls - I still get calls for 'Mrs Harris'. My landlord, who moved out of this flat 3 years ago, is called Harris (there's never been a Mrs Harris here, though!), and despite the phone now being in my name, I still get called 'Mrs Harris'.

* Smoking :sick:

* Children (little snotrags) who are allowed to 'run riot' at all hours of the day/night, without any manners at all (swearing, shouting, fighting and very often vandalising anything in sight), often operating in gangs from the age of about 5 and upwards, doing their besto to intimidate or annoy entire neighbourhoods!!!! Or maybe it's their parents I should hate, really.......

* My pottery supplier - he'll tell you he's got all the materials you've ordered in stock, and yet it always takes at least two weeks to get it delivered! :eek: And no matter how often I tell him to phone at least 24 hours in advance to inform me of when he's delivering the order, he always phones when he's parked outside the studio!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrrr.........

I've got lots more pet hates, but let's just leave it here for now....... :flower:

Little Monkey
15th-August-2005, 01:05 PM
Oh, I forgot:

* People who treat you like you're braindead or retarded as soon as they hear you're an artist, and then ignore/ patronise/ belittle you....... Many people seem to think artists have no brains whatsoever! :angry:

Misunderstood and Sensitive Little Artistic Monkey

Lynn
15th-August-2005, 01:09 PM
* Sales calls - I still get calls for 'Mrs Harris'. My landlord, who moved out of this flat 3 years ago, is called Harris (there's never been a Mrs Harris here, though!), and despite the phone now being in my name, I still get called 'Mrs Harris'. You can restrict these by registering with the telephone preferrential service (or something like that) - there is a link to their website somewhere on this forum if I have a hunt... that will stop all telesales calls from the UK. You can still get from outside the UK I think, but it really does cut down the number of calls.

Lynn
15th-August-2005, 01:11 PM
You can restrict these by registering with the telephone preferrential service (or something like that) - there is a link to their website somewhere on this forum if I have a hunt... Telephone Preference Service - here -http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/
:flower:

Zebra Woman
15th-August-2005, 01:23 PM
Well where do I start

Small yappy dogs that run after me barking and growling, While the owner calls out helplessly 'Rover come here!!',' Rover ! Come here now !' x 10 (all to no effect) .Grrr :angry:
Meanwhile..... I am absolutely palpitating, heart racing, hands sweating with fear...and then the owner says nonchalantly, 'Don't worry he won't hurt you'. Too late! I have spent a whole minute being absolutely petrified :angry: :tears: :angry: :tears: .

Birds kept in cages :sad:

Pets not cleaned out or treated cruelly. :angry:

Hamsters whizzing in their wheels at night. :tears:

Incontinent pets. :eek:

Thanks Cruella, I feel better now. :grin:

Any useful suggestions on my dog phobia most welcome :flower: . I think it's mostly the owners that haven't bothered to train their dogs that scare me, not all dogs. If they are obedient or have floppy ears, aren't black, and don't bark I'm fine.

Lynn
15th-August-2005, 01:31 PM
I think it's mostly the owners that haven't bothered to train their dogs that scare me, not all dogs. If they are obedient or have floppy ears, aren't black, and don't bark I'm fine.I was going to a cash machine at a petrol station once and there was a Doberman tied up to a post right in front of it, I couldn't get at the machine. The dog wasn't growling but neither was she wagging her tail, just seemed to be checking me out. I stood and waited and the owner came out, I asked if the dog was 'OK' and he said no, she might bite! I then said it was a bit stupid to have her tied up where a member of the public had to get access to! How irresponsible!

And that would be one of my 'pet hates' - inconsiderate people!

Little Monkey
15th-August-2005, 02:24 PM
Well where do I start

Small yappy dogs that run after me barking and growling, While the owner calls out helplessly 'Rover come here!!',' Rover ! Come here now !' x 10 (all to no effect) .Grrr :angry:
Meanwhile..... I am absolutely palpitating, heart racing, hands sweating with fear...and then the owner says nonchalantly, 'Don't worry he won't hurt you'. Too late! I have spent a whole minute being absolutely petrified :angry: :tears: :angry: :tears: .

{snip}

Any useful suggestions on my dog phobia most welcome :flower: . I think it's mostly the owners that haven't bothered to train their dogs that scare me, not all dogs. If they are obedient or have floppy ears, aren't black, and don't bark I'm fine.

I love dogs, but hate the ones described above! A lot of dog owners are totally irresponsible! Particularly the ones with smaller dogs don't seem to think they need to train their pooches, as they're 'so small and harmless'. :angry: Very often it's the dog owners who need to be trained - before they are allowed to get a dog!!

My dog thought joggers were there to play with her when she was a puppy, but I made her understand that running after them was BAD pretty quickly, and also made sure to keep an eye out for joggers or other tempting things for a puppy to chase, until I had her properly trained.

One of my friends was absolutely petrified of dogs - big or small - until three years ago when I got my dog. I took time to introduce her to the dog from she was a small and fluffy puppy (who would get lost in the tall grass in the garden, which was very comical!), and teach her about 'doggie behaviour and psychology'. She's now quite confident to meet dogs when she's out walking, and will even pat them and play with them (if she's asked the owner if it is ok first!), but still gets scared if a dog bounces towards her barking its head off. And who can blame her?

A guy who had a studio next to mine used to bring his dog to work (we all do where I work!). Our studios were in the same room, just divided by makeshift chipboard walls, and we shared a wee corridor. He would frequently leave his dog, and then go and have lunch or chat with people in other studios. I knew the dog, and wasn't afraid of it until one day I arrived at the studio, opened the door, and was met by a snarling, growling beast with its teeth bared! :eek: The dog wouldn't allow me to enter my own studio when his owner was out!!!! I told the guy about his dog's behaviour several times, but he kept leaving it in the studio alone.

One day I arrived and the dog was alone, growling at me, I thought 'enough is enough!!'. In my deepest, scariest and most growling voice I told him to GO LIE DOWN, YOU BAD BOY! and slowly walked towards him, repeating the command, until the dog understood I wasn't going to back down! In the end he crawled away, but it wasn't a pleasant experience!

Big Mean Scary Monkey

Little Monkey
15th-August-2005, 02:32 PM
Telephone Preference Service - here -http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/
:flower:

Thanks! Have now registered, and just hope it will work...... About 50-70% of my phonecalls are from bl**dy telemarketing companies!!!! Grrrrrrrr.....

stewart38
15th-August-2005, 02:36 PM
I dont like people on push bikes in the city who think that Red lights are for cars only

I try and walk in front of them or kick there bike :nice:

Lynn
15th-August-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks! Have now registered, and just hope it will work...... About 50-70% of my phonecalls are from bl**dy telemarketing companies!!!! Grrrrrrrr.....It does cut it down. I really, really don't like 'cold' telesales calls - extremely intrusive - calling people's homes, demanding they stop what they are doing and listen while someone tries to sell them something. I simply don't buy things over the phone, and I tell them that right at the start which usually saves them going through their spiel.

I could also add to 'pet hates' - sales people - whether phone or wherever, who treat you as if you are stupid. You say you don't want to buy whatever the product is, they then try to persuade you. This implies that they think you are too stupid to know what you want. Not only puts me off the product, but the company - why on earth would I want to be a customer of a company who won't listen to me?

LMC
15th-August-2005, 02:43 PM
I try and walk in front of them or kick there bike :nice:
Do you mind, I'm officially the Evil One around here this week :mad:

I was annoyed at lunchtime because I went out to buy a pair of dance shoes and people with big feet are not allowed to go dancing, apparently. 4 weeks special order, fingers x that they turn up before Southport - it's going to be close :eek:

Zebra Woman
15th-August-2005, 03:02 PM
A guy who had a studio next to mine used to bring his dog to work (we all do where I work!). Our studios were in the same room, just divided by makeshift chipboard walls, and we shared a wee corridor. He would frequently leave his dog, and then go and have lunch or chat with people in other studios. I knew the dog, and wasn't afraid of it until one day I arrived at the studio, opened the door, and was met by a snarling, growling beast with its teeth bared! :eek: The dog wouldn't allow me to enter my own studio when his owner was out!!!! I told the guy about his dog's behaviour several times, but he kept leaving it in the studio alone.

One day I arrived and the dog was alone, growling at me, I thought 'enough is enough!!'. In my deepest, scariest and most growling voice I told him to GO LIE DOWN, YOU BAD BOY! and slowly walked towards him, repeating the command, until the dog understood I wasn't going to back down! In the end he crawled away, but it wasn't a pleasant experience!

Big Mean Scary Monkey

Respect to you for doing the Alpha with your guy's dog. I have tried that but I know I'm faking it, and I know they can be telepathic so I can crumble under pressure. I have also got to know, trust and love many dogs belonging to friends. But they are all different aren't they?

Funny you have just reminded me of a horrid night I spent in Yorkshire in my twenties. I was on a potholing holiday sleeping in a dorm. Some guy new to the group had brought his rotweiler with him, and it had immediately taken a shine to me (ie. identified me as the one worth barking and growling at :rolleyes: ).

After a pleasant evening at the local pub 20 of us retired to the cottage. In the night he had left his dog alone in the open plan area, I got up to go to the girls' room which was on the other side of the open plan area and the dog growled so menacingly I dare not even move or speak. It was in guard dog mode :eek: . I couldn't reach the owner's bedroom, and we were on the first floor so I couldn't climb out.

My only option was to lie awake all night knowing we were doing a massive 14 hour cave trip the next day. It was a long and painful night :tears: . I didn't need conscription in my youth - I did Army life my own way . Mad or what?

Needless to say I make sure I have en-suite facilites these days. :innocent:

Just remembered another bad dog / caving incident in the Mendips. 4 of us approached a farmhouse to get the keys to cave and were immediately surrounded by 6 snarling barking sheepdogs. Amazingly I was slightly less scared than usual cos I wasn't alone and I had wellies, gloves and a wetsuit on so I knew a bite wouldn't be so bad .

Maybe I should have put my wetsuit and wellies on in the night and played the Alpha role for all it was worth!? :confused:

Pink Lady
15th-August-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi All
Pet hates:
1. People who procrastinate
2. People who park really inconsiderately and take up HUGE amounts of space :angry:
3. The fact that I still haven't won the jackpot in the lottery :tears:
4. Having waited 16 weeks for my new dance shoes to be delivered (Yes, really!!) :what: Hopefully they will materialise at the end of the month as promised.
5. Waiting for someone who is NEVER on time!!

Ooops! Sorry - I was supposed to limit it to 3! Still - my post is quite short to make up for that oversight. :flower:

Lynn
15th-August-2005, 04:24 PM
2. People who park really inconsiderately and take up HUGE amounts of space :angry: :yeah: and people who park outside my house :mad: :rofl:

I'm an easy going person, really! :innocent:

Sheepman
15th-August-2005, 04:26 PM
And that would be one of my 'pet hates' - inconsiderate people! :yeah: and I would include rudeness within that, (not that I'm claiming to be entirely innocent!)

Stupidity, (my own in particular :angry: )

The smell of smoked haddock. :sick:

Greg

TiggsTours
15th-August-2005, 04:36 PM
1. People who have no consideration for their environment, and the fact other people have to live in it, namely vandals and people who drop litter. :angry:

2. Cyclists who don't believe the highway code applies to them. :angry: :angry:

3. People who do not consider other people's feelings, and especially those who think it is "funny" to tell sick jokes about truly tragic situations. :angry: :angry: :tears:

4. Bad grammer and txt tlk! :tears: :angry: :mad:

5. Bad management, and bad customer service.

Thanks, feel much better now.

Rhythm King
15th-August-2005, 05:00 PM
2. Cyclists who don't believe the highway code applies to them. :angry: :angry: .
:yeah: with bells on - which most of these bl**dy cyclists neither have nor use!

3. People who do not consider other people's feelings, and especially those who think it is "funny" to tell sick jokes about truly tragic situations. :angry: :angry: :tears: .

Sorry, but having been in some pretty unpleasant situations over the past few years, I have to say that telling sick jokes is often a coping mechanism for dealing with awful events.

Meanwhile - bendy buses :mad: :mad: :mad:
I've been ranting on about them before, so I'm not going to repeat myself, but anyone who knows me knows my feelings towards them.

TiggsTours
15th-August-2005, 05:04 PM
Sorry, but having been in some pretty unpleasant situations over the past few years, I have to say that telling sick jokes is often a coping mechanism for dealing with awful events.

For some, yes, for others they can be extremely distressing and hurtful. I guess it depends on who's telling it, who to, and how both parties feel about it. I just think, its only funny when nobody finds it deeply distressing.

Little Monkey
15th-August-2005, 06:30 PM
For some, yes, for others they can be extremely distressing and hurtful. I guess it depends on who's telling it, who to, and how both parties feel about it. I just think, its only funny when nobody finds it deeply distressing.

:yeah:
I generally use humor and jokes to lighten nasty situations I am in myself (joking about myself and my situation, no matter how tragic it might seem it makes it easier to cope with if I joke about it IMHO), but if its used against/ about other people, it's not very nice....

LM

RachD
15th-August-2005, 06:50 PM
People that sound like cement mixers when they eat. This really makes my blood boil for some reason. Hate it. Really hate it. :sad: Please tell me I am not the only one?

Seahorse
15th-August-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm still in therapy... listing everything will set me back months... :sad:

Daisy Chain
15th-August-2005, 08:33 PM
People that sound like cement mixers when they eat. This really makes my blood boil for some reason. Hate it. Really hate it. :sad: Please tell me I am not the only one?

You are not the only one.

My Mum brought me up to believe it is a heinous crime to eat with one's mouth open.

Daisy

(A Silently Masticating Little flower)

under par
16th-August-2005, 05:36 AM
The news cameras and press reporting from every pile of flowers commemorating every recent tragic event since Diana s death. :confused: :mad: :mad:

The television news reporters who feel the need not to tell what the facts are but what their own opinion of events is and ask every member of public who was within 20 miles of said tragedy how they feel about it(Who cares their thoughts are NOT news) (and all in front of a camera at a location near a big pile of flowers.)

Trevor Mcdonald :angry: :mad: who never lets a "tabloid" style really scare mongering headline pass when he could be actually reporting factual news. :eek: (is he the worst newscaster out there??)

All television news channels who feel the need to blanket cover every new breaking news story, even if they have no real facts yet, :angry: there is always an "expert" on hand with an opinion. (who always says its too early to be sure BUT I think .................................................. . ).

I am so sure we had a better "news " service before 24 hour news channels.(and piles of flowers!!!!).

My God I feel much better now.Quite cathartic.......

Anna
16th-August-2005, 06:05 AM
1. When new BF's don't txt u back, even though, you're in the honeymoon stage of ur relationship still and goddamnit, thats what they're MEANT to be doing :mad:

2. Birds.. yuck :sick:

3. Trying to lose weight in the middle of winter.. double yuck :sick: :(

4. Blues music spouting about love, romance and in particular, tragic love, when said BF is being disassociative :mad: :mad:

5. Winter :mad:

And one thing that is GOOD *shock horror*..

Tell Me Mama - DJ Mamboli (Feat. Lenny Kravitz), #10 on the English Salsa Hits 1 Album

Nice.. :waycool:

Pink Lady
16th-August-2005, 08:04 AM

Yes! This REALLY bugs me as well!! There's a guy in our office who puts on his headset at lunchtime and listens/watches the news on the internet while eating. I sit about 20 feet away and can still hear him loud and clear as he chomps and smacks his lips very loudly. :angry:

I just remembered another pet hate while I'm at it: People who can't be bothered to recycle anything - even when the means is provided to them! In our area the Council have provided black boxes for your recyclable waste, i.e. plastic bottles, glass, all sorts of tins & cans and paper/cardboard. I religiously segregate my waste and put these items in the box (or bag provided for the paper) and as a result only have one little black bag of other household waste to put out every week. But most of the other people in my block just can't seem to be a***d!! I feel like going and banging on their door and shouting: "It's not difficult people! Maybe you don't give a d**n about our environment but I do - so get your act together and move your lazy a** and just do the right thing!" Rant over :blush:

Minnie M
16th-August-2005, 08:08 AM
Wot a good thread Cruella - most of my 'hates' have been posted and it (thank goodness) makes me feel sooooooooooo normal - thank you all :hug: trouble with me is that I am more vocal than most, so my close friends know all this :blush:

Missed off :-

0870 numbers that pass you from one choice to another then after 15 options you are then told "All our operators are busy at present, please try later " :angry: :angry:

having to pay for above :angry:

cats who poo in my garden:sick:

another :mad:

not being able to rep when required cors you have recently given it :tears:

Sheepman
16th-August-2005, 11:31 AM
People that sound like cement mixers when they eat... Please tell me I am not the only one? You're not. Though for me it especially applies to people eating with mouths open :sick:
(And even worse if it's smoked haddock! :sick: :sick: )

Greg

David Bailey
16th-August-2005, 11:43 AM
I hate people who whinge pseudo-anonymously about other people's dance-floor behaviour on the Ceroc Scotland Forum.
Whew, good thing I'd never do that then.

On this area, I'm nurturing a dislike for 500+-post threads which say nothing at all.

For example:
"Wasn't XXX event great?"
"Yes it was great, I had great dances with A, B, C and D"
"Ooh, me too, with bells on. I had a lovely dance with E, F, G..."
"I went to XXX, it was great"
"YEAH! {icons and CAPS and big fonts sprayed everywhere"} It was GREAT!"
... etc. Repeat and wash.

Let's see how many mortal enemies we can make between us, ESG, I bet I get more than you.

Rhythm King
16th-August-2005, 11:43 AM
You're not. Though for me it especially applies to people eating with mouths open :sick:
(And even worse if it's smoked haddock! :sick: :sick: )

Greg

And now a message from our sponsors:

"Have you tried our new Krunchy Kippers yet? The tasty treat for breakfasts with bite!"

Barryf
16th-August-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks Lynn Just done the phone thing, so hope I have now only Two pet hates

1 I'll do it tomorrow :blush:

2 or maybe not. :blush: :blush:

Purple Sparkler
16th-August-2005, 12:33 PM
And now a message from our sponsors:

"Have you tried our new Krunchy Kippers yet? The tasty treat for breakfasts with bite!"

:sick: I'm sorry but there's something very wrong about kippers. Especially as breakfast. :sick:

Give me a full English any day. Well, possibly not ANY day, I don't want to blow up like a balloon!

Lynn
16th-August-2005, 01:33 PM
On this area, I'm nurturing a dislike for 500+-post threads which say nothing at all. Easy solution to that - when said threads reach post 500+ you can simply start a new thread to continue the discussion... :whistle:

Or we could have a section of the forum entitled 'threads which say nothing at all'. :wink:

Msfab
16th-August-2005, 01:40 PM
Fellow scientist working in Laboratories everywhere! Finding empty bottles of chemicals/reagents! Even worse than that is when there is only a small amount left which is of no use to anyone! :angry:

David Bailey
16th-August-2005, 02:42 PM
Or we could have a section of the forum entitled 'threads which say nothing at all'. :wink:
I think that's already catered for somehow... several times over. :whistle:

OK, it was obvious, but that's what I'm here for.

Lee
16th-August-2005, 05:02 PM
Cyclists and motorcyclists that think the highway code doesn't apply to them.

The highway code doesn't apply to them! :wink:

My pet hate is people that state things as fact when infact they are wrong. :D

Lee

Msfab
16th-August-2005, 05:17 PM
COLDPLAY!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

RachD
16th-August-2005, 05:19 PM
COLDPLAY!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Are you bored of Virgin Radio too?

Msfab
16th-August-2005, 05:36 PM

No, I cant get up in nottingham, thak goodness! guess theyd play them lots!

but Coldplay seem to be everywhere! i really cant stand them and its not funny! :mad:

ElaineB
16th-August-2005, 07:04 PM
Telephoning a direct dial number to be told by the person answering that I have dialled the wrong telephone number! 'No, I haven't' I reply, 'this is the number on their letter dated ................' to which they respond, 'So and so left or the Department has moved to Outer Zod'. 'Ah well', I say, 'unfortunately, YOU forgot to write/ring to me to tell me! :D

Elaine

wicked blue
16th-August-2005, 07:42 PM
My pet hates (or at least some of them!!):

* Children (little snotrags) who are allowed to 'run riot' at all hours of the day/night, without any manners at all (swearing, shouting, fighting and very often vandalising anything in sight), often operating in gangs from the age of about 5 and upwards, doing their besto to intimidate or annoy entire neighbourhoods!!!!

:

mm yes kids...its the younger sort that get me....Squealers as i affectionately call them! :angry: especially when they come into where i work averaging under eight years old, racing around shouting and screaming at the top of their voices! Whilst their parents do....absolutely sweet F A!! :mad:

Cruella
16th-August-2005, 07:49 PM
mm yes kids...its the younger sort that get me....Squealers as i affectionately call them! :angry: especially when they come into where i work averaging under eight years old, racing around shouting and screaming at the top of their voices! Whilst their parents do....absolutely sweet F A!! :mad:
Surely your pet hate should be with the irresponsible parents not the children. They are just being children how do they know any different if they have no guidance. I'm sure there were times when you were an ankle biter that you ran around being noisy! In fact there are times as an adult when i am annoyingly noisy. :blush:

DavidB
16th-August-2005, 07:56 PM
- Scooters in the London rush-hour - especially the ones with Italian registration plates.
- Orange technical support
- TLAs

Alykat
16th-August-2005, 09:01 PM
1) People who can go through entire conversations but never once ask you how you are. :tears:

2) People who, when they find out I am a musician, say "oooh, my son takes his grade 1 violin next month..." :angry: *

3) People who leave that last scrap of toilet paper on the roll because then it's not their responsibility to change it... :mad:

* I'd add to this other frequent responses such as: "the oboe, that's really just a clarinet with a funny end, right?" :eek: ; and "an opera singer, you mean like Charlotte Church?" :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad:

Normally I'm quite a calm person, but I obviously have some repressed feelings that need dealing with! :rofl:

under par
17th-August-2005, 04:53 AM
-

- TLAs

Don't you just hate them :angry:

and the slightly longer FLA appears to be replacing many TLAs in the police service now. How annoying is that. :mad:

Rhythm King
17th-August-2005, 11:00 AM
Don't you just hate them :angry:

and the slightly longer FLA appears to be replacing many TLAs in the police service now. How annoying is that. :mad:

Hmm, would that be the FoLA or the even slightly longer FiLA? :rofl:

It's even worse when you change organisations (especially after a long time :wink: ) and the same TLAs mean something totally different :eek: Especially if they don't have the old army convention of introducing them in brackets after the first use in full (UIF). At least that gives one a fighting chance.

R-K

under par
17th-August-2005, 11:06 AM
Hmm, would that be the FoLA or the even slightly longer FiLA? :rofl:

R-K
Rhythm King

Thanks for your help on this one :clap: :clap:

I did realise that a FLA would in fact indicate a TLA but as it was nearly 0600 hours at time of posting. :eek:

I wanted desperately to visit my pillow I could not work out something like your more than aptly described FiLA or FoLA for myself. :worthy: :worthy: :flower:

Lee
18th-August-2005, 01:31 PM
1) People who can go through entire conversations but never once ask you how you are. :tears:

2) People who, when they find out I am a musician, say "oooh, my son takes his grade 1 violin next month..." :angry: *

Hi,

Well i hope i asked how u were on Saturday! :blush:

I didn't know you were a musician :waycool: ...but you didn't really have time to tell me as you were wisked off to dance mid conversation. :tears:

Lee :cheers:

Little Monkey
18th-August-2005, 01:46 PM

I always get people who want to show me tacky wee gift/ craft shops, and say: "Ooooh, maybe you could sell your work there?" as soon as they hear I'm a ceramic artist/ potter.

Or the other comment (normally from middle-aged, bored housewifes, sorry for this gross generalisation): "Ooooh, are you a potter? That must be sooo therapeutic!" I particularly loathe this comment after a whole day of throwing pots, when my back is in complete agony after sitting hunched over all day, and my index finger nail and skin is worn off and bleeding....... :mad:

LM

under par
18th-August-2005, 01:57 PM

I always get people who want to show me tacky wee gift/ craft shops, and say: "Ooooh, maybe you could sell your work there?" as soon as they hear I'm a ceramic artist/ potter.

Or the other comment (normally from middle-aged, bored housewifes, sorry for this gross generalisation): "Ooooh, are you a potter? That must be sooo therapeutic!" I particularly loathe this comment after a whole day of throwing pots, when my back is in complete agony after sitting hunched over all day, and my index finger nail and skin is worn off and bleeding....... :mad:

LM

Sound like you really really enjoy it LM... :rofl: :rofl:

Msfab
18th-August-2005, 02:07 PM
People that ask you a question, fully knowing the answer! So they are either just testing you making you feel stupid if you get it wrong or they just want to prove they're correct! In anycase :angry: :angry: :angry:

under par
18th-August-2005, 02:11 PM
People that ask you a question, fully knowing the answer! So they are either just testing you making you feel stupid if you get it wrong or they just want to prove they're correct! In anycase :angry: :angry: :angry:

Would an example of this be "Would you like the next dance?" :D :flower:

Msfab
18th-August-2005, 02:11 PM
Actually worse still is You come up a good idea/suggestion about whatever (this has happened to me at work :angry: ). Then they come back at you with the same idea/suggestion but in different words claiming it was their idea, making them look good/better/clever to the boss! :angry:
Just Wiggle knows what im on about!

Msfab
18th-August-2005, 02:12 PM
Would an example of this be "Would you like the next dance?" :D :flower:

No UP!!! But I will have the next dance with you! :D

CJ
18th-August-2005, 02:13 PM

Is Virgin Radio aimed at under 14 yr old boys, under 12 yr old girls (in Nedland), and computer geeks??

Oh, and pet hate??

The Old Firm.

Msfab
18th-August-2005, 02:15 PM
Is Virgin Radio aimed at under 14 yr old boys, under 12 yr old girls (in Nedland), and computer geeks??

Oh, and pet hate??

The Old Firm.

The Gunners!!!

David Bailey
18th-August-2005, 02:17 PM
I've now decided my pet hate is Sainsbury's bloody-piece-of-sh*t self-service checkouts.

Which break down all the time, have no queueing system, and always have a twit in front of you who doesn't know how to use them. At lunchtime. In summer.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

under par
18th-August-2005, 02:17 PM
No UP!!! But I will have the next dance with you! :D

See I knew what the answer would be and .............. :D :D :D

Thankyou for accepting my proposal. See you soon . :hug:

Little Monkey
18th-August-2005, 02:24 PM
Sound like you really really enjoy it LM... :rofl: :rofl:

:D

I love my work - most of the time. But it's rather back-breaking at times, and I just get so many stupid comments from people.......... :(

Oh, and hooray - tomorrow I'm getting a clay delivery. Thankfully it's not a lot, only about 10 bags (about 200 kgs in total), but I've got 4 flights of stairs up to my studio, and no lift... Anyone fancy some exercise? :whistle: It was a lot worse about a year ago, when I got about 800 kgs of clay..... Oh, and last month, when I got a new kiln that weighs roughly 200 kgs! That was fun...... :rofl:

CJ
18th-August-2005, 02:26 PM
The Gunners!!!

Rivals don't count: has to be for who they are and what they dive for, er I mean stand for. :D

under par
18th-August-2005, 02:28 PM
:D

I love my work - most of the time. But it's rather back-breaking at times, and I just get so many stupid comments from people.......... :(

Oh, and hooray - tomorrow I'm getting a clay delivery. Thankfully it's not a lot, only about 10 bags (about 200 kgs in total), but I've got 4 flights of stairs up to my studio, and no lift... Anyone fancy some exercise? :whistle: It was a lot worse about a year ago, when I got about 800 kgs of clay..... Oh, and last month, when I got a new kiln that weighs roughly 200 kgs! That was fun...... :rofl:

A poor Little Monkey with HUGE muscles :hug: :flower:

Msfab
18th-August-2005, 02:28 PM
Man United! :mad:

Little Monkey
18th-August-2005, 02:44 PM
A poor Little Monkey with HUGE muscles :hug: :flower:

You bet! :D

CJ
18th-August-2005, 02:46 PM
A poor Little Monkey with HUGE lips??????

I'm confused. :confused:

Sparkles
18th-August-2005, 02:48 PM
Flip flops and people who whistle through their teeth.
Oh, and making litres and litres of solutions that I'm not even going to get to use.

ducasi
18th-August-2005, 02:53 PM
... people who whistle ...
:yeah: :whistle: :angry:

Sparkles
18th-August-2005, 02:55 PM
And sandwiches where the bread's gone soggy :bleurgh:

under par
18th-August-2005, 03:21 PM
And sandwiches where the bread's gone soggy :bleurgh:

Often it is a slice of tomato in the snadwich that goes soggy :angry: :angry: :angry: