PDA

View Full Version : What am I going to do now ?

Whitebeard
13th-August-2005, 01:35 PM
All this week of dry and mostly sunny weather I've been desperately hoping the forecasters had it wrong. That I would be able to mosey along this afternoon down to Montpellier Gardens. There; to set up my chair in the lovely dappled shade of one of those beautiful trees; gaze upwards into the verdant tremble of leaves to see if yellow blossom were still evident; but, most of all to relax and let my eyelids fall as commenced to wash over me the music of the Pete Gill Jazz Trio.

A program promising interpretations of the music made great by the likes of Nat Cole, Sinatra, Ella, and more. Much to dance to in my head, and free of all physical restraints.

But, those b.....d forecasters had it right all along. After a fine morning it's now raining all too steadily.

Lynn
13th-August-2005, 01:48 PM
What a pity! :hug: Its dry here (not that that's much help!). I hope they haven't got it wrong for here for tomorrow - dry and mostly sunny, as I'm planning something similiar - afternoon picnic (with other dancers) at Castleward (National Trust) to the sounds of the Martello Jazz band.

Whitebeard
13th-August-2005, 02:02 PM
What a pity! :hug: Its dry here (not that that's much help!). I hope they haven't got it wrong for here for tomorrow - dry and mostly sunny, as I'm planning something similiar - afternoon picnic (with other dancers) at Castleward (National Trust) to the sounds of the Martello Jazz band.
That sounds great and I do hope the weather treats you more kindly. The company of other dancers ? I wonder if you'll put on an impromptu performance ?

Lynn
13th-August-2005, 02:08 PM
That sounds great and I do hope the weather treats you more kindly. The company of other dancers ? I wonder if you'll put on an impromptu performance ? There was a quite a few of us at another park last Sunday - there was a mix of music including salsa and several of us were dancing in the corner to the African drumming as well! :clap: And we stuck on some music at a BBQ last night and danced - so its possible if the music is dancable! But I'm mostly looking forward to just chilling out in the sun with a picnic and good company. :waycool:

ElaineB
13th-August-2005, 02:55 PM
All this week of dry and mostly sunny weather I've been desperately hoping the forecasters had it wrong. That I would be able to mosey along this afternoon down to Montpellier Gardens. There; to set up my chair in the lovely dappled shade of one of those beautiful trees; gaze upwards into the verdant tremble of leaves to see if yellow blossom were still evident; but, most of all to relax and let my eyelids fall as commenced to wash over me the music of the Pete Gill Jazz Trio.

A program promising interpretations of the music made great by the likes of Nat Cole, Sinatra, Ella, and more. Much to dance to in my head, and free of all physical restraints.

But, those b.....d forecasters had it right all along. After a fine morning it's now raining all too steadily.

The answer is to get yourself along to the Industrial Museum in Bristol - they are having a forties week-end and tonight there is a live band playing music from that era. It was very good last year (1941 :wink: )

Elaine

Lory
13th-August-2005, 04:36 PM
I wanted to go to THIS (http://www.broadwalkballroom.org/) in Regents Park, take a picnic, watch and maybe take a few photo's :sad:

David Bailey
13th-August-2005, 08:05 PM
I wanted to go to THIS (http://www.broadwalkballroom.org/) in Regents Park, take a picnic, watch and maybe take a few photo's :sad:
Good God - that looked fantastic, what a shame. :hug:

I was hoping to see Merengada (http://www.telinco.com/merengada/) play in my local (ish) park tomorrow, but the weather's looking iffy for that too :tears:

Lynn
14th-August-2005, 11:50 AM
Well the sun is shining here at the moment, some dark clouds on the horizon but they look to be in the opposite direction from where we are heading. Last Sunday the weather was absolutely perfect so I suppose I can't complain if its not as good today.