PDA

View Full Version : Works Christmas Parties

DaveD
22nd-December-2002, 07:33 PM
The "Works" Christmas party is normally a dull affair, loads of non Cerocing ladies ("muggles" in Dundee jargon!) dancing round their handbags while the men prop up the bar. OK I can get lots of Ceroc dances with my partner, and there's usually lots of room as the muggles tend to stay rooted to the spot. :wink:

This year was better than usual for two reasons - a second Ceroc couple from work meant we could swap partners (sometimes mid song to the amazement of the muggles). The second reason is that this time I was approached by a lovely lady who said - "I saw you Cerocing - would you like a dance?" :what:

The faces of the rest of her work colleagues were a picture as we danced away - made my night! :waycool:

It turns out she learnt Ceroc in Aberdeen, but has now moved to Perth with her work. Naturally, I advised her of the Perth Class starting in Jan - might get some of her work mates along.

Has anyone else works night out turned out better than expected?

Dave

TheTramp
23rd-December-2002, 12:51 AM
I managed to avoid mine, and went dancing in Bristol instead. Which was great :D

Steve

Gadget
23rd-December-2002, 02:43 AM
For the last couple of christmases, my work throws a 'warehouse party' ie a party in the warehouse with crates of booze and a huge raffle. Amoung the prizes in this raffle were wide screen plazma TV, DVD home cinema system, music system, portable cd player, sining james brown, cuddly toys, kylie calander, dog sofa, basketball, ... etc. Everyone had five draws. On the first five I won nout. I swindled another couple to at least win a prize of some sort and won an official Evlis Presley Enterprises shakin elvis for the car.

Somehow it's worse when people you sit next to and work with every day walk away with bottles of booze and DVD players...... well maybe I'll win some chocolate next year.

DaveD
23rd-December-2002, 07:02 PM
It must be good to work for a company that throws parties, rather than expecting you to make your own arrangements.

We went to one of those where there are several companies at different tables, and the DJ does the rounds welcoming "the group from XYZ" and everyone cheers and blows their hooters.:sick:

Now you understand why I was so chuffed to get a few good dances!