PDA

View Full Version : Southport party theme.

Cruella
12th-August-2005, 10:27 AM
OK. this is my first poll so i hope it works!! Chose which theme you would like for the forum party at Southport in September.

Sparkles
12th-August-2005, 10:35 AM
How about - 'anything that means I can wear something sparkly'? :whistle: :wink:

Cruella
12th-August-2005, 10:40 AM
How about - 'anything that means I can wear something sparkly'? :whistle: :wink:
Well princesses (fairytale) and fairies would come into that category. You'd make a lovely princess and i'm sure there will be many princes willing to give you that awakening kiss. :wink:

LMC
12th-August-2005, 10:42 AM
How about "Anything as long as dressing up isn't compulsory"?

Lynn
12th-August-2005, 10:45 AM
Well princesses (fairytale) and fairies would come into that category. Oh yes, I have a pair of sparkly wings somewhere! :clap: And a very little white dress that I wore with them to a Christmas fancy dress once :wink: And UP could wear his tutu again :rofl:

Cruella
12th-August-2005, 10:46 AM
It's not! We just want to have a theme for the food, silly games or whatever anyone wants to do. But if you want to dress up, great, all adds to the fun. :grin: I'm sure Silverfox can think up some cocktails with appropriate names too. :cheers:

Purple Sparkler
12th-August-2005, 11:04 AM
Could we not just make it a Childrens Party? That way everyone is free to be as silly or as sensible as they like. Them as want to be fairies/princesses can be fairies/princesses. Or indeed fairy princesses. I can dress up as a Pirate. Cruella can be a cowboy.
And NewKid could come as Forum Mum and not dress up but tell everyone off for being silly and getting too hyperactive on all the sherbet...

LMC
12th-August-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks Cruella, saw your post on the other Southport thread too late :blush:

Could we not just make it a Childrens Party? That way everyone is free to be as silly or as sensible as they like. Them as want to be fairies/princesses can be fairies/princesses. Or indeed fairy princesses. I can dress up as a Pirate. Cruella can be a cowboy.
And NewKid could come as Forum Mum and not dress up but tell everyone off for being silly and getting too hyperactive on all the sherbet...
I'm not coming as Forum Mum :mad: - a) I'm far too irresponsible and b) mums are supposed to be kind, nice and consistent and I'm not any of those things. I can *do* silly, I'm just not mad on *dressing* silly if I'm going to be uncomfortable or have to put a lot of thought/effort/cash into it.

The broader the theme, the easier it is to participate - for instance, when I was volunteering with a kids charity we made the Christmas fancy dress party an "S" party - all the food began with S (making up names if necessary :wink: ), costumes had to be as something/someone beginning with S, etc. Picking Q or Z is just mean.... But I like the Children's Party theme and might even join in with that one...

Lory
12th-August-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm picking Pirates, cos it's dead easy! :nice:

(nothing at all to do with the fact they drink lot's of rum :whistle: )

under par
12th-August-2005, 11:44 AM
:wink: And UP could wear his tutu again :rofl:
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sparkles
12th-August-2005, 12:15 PM
Well princesses (fairytale) and fairies would come into that category. You'd make a lovely princess and i'm sure there will be many princes willing to give you that awakening kiss. :wink:
If that was the way it worked I'd dress as a fairy princess every day! :rofl:

Oh don't be such a stick in the mud! :flower:

Could we not just make it a Childrens Party?
:yeah:
I like this idea, and then we could have costumes and such from all the above categories :clap: (plus it's give me an excuse to make fairy cakes :yum: ) .

Oh, BTW, it seems I'm coming to Southport after all - I'd better go vote on the poll :grin:

S. x

spindr
12th-August-2005, 12:24 PM
You'd make a lovely princess...
Croak. Ribbit. Croak.

LMC
12th-August-2005, 12:30 PM
If that was the way it worked I'd dress as a fairy princess every day! :rofl:
A different prince every day? :really: - now that's just GREEDY :mad: - leave some for the rest of us!

Oh don't be such a stick in the mud! :flower:
My problem with dressing up is not the "looking silly". I can do that *perfectly* in my normal clothes. And that's the point. I'm a lazy mare and I don't want to have to put a lot of thought and time into a costume I might never wear again and which might not actually be all that convenient to dance in/comfortable. Especially since I'm good at looking silly in civvies. That's why I agree that Children's Party would be perfect as a theme, I can join in without too much effort/£££ expenditure :flower: (but it will be pathetic).

Oh, BTW, it seems I'm coming to Southport after all - I'd better go vote on the poll :grin:

S. x
:clap:

Lynn
12th-August-2005, 12:35 PM
Sorry its a bit off theme - but I'm going to a 40s themed night - any suggestions for what to wear. I would like to wear my b&w shoes so was thinking of wide leg black trousers - but what sort of top? (and has to be something cool enough to dance in).

Lory
12th-August-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm a lazy mare and I don't want to have to put a lot of thought and time into a costume I might never wear again and which might not actually be all that convenient to dance in/comfortable.
You could always do what Angelique did last time and let ME sort your costume out for you! :D

Purple Sparkler
12th-August-2005, 01:53 PM

Well if we HAVE to have a specific theme I'd say pirates. Rum cocktails, matey!

If it's pirates, bags I being the Pirate Queen.

Minnie M
12th-August-2005, 02:30 PM
Sorry its a bit off theme - but I'm going to a 40s themed night - any suggestions for what to wear. I would like to wear my b&w shoes so was thinking of wide leg black trousers - but what sort of top? (and has to be something cool enough to dance in).

If want to look dressy and pretty - try a chinese style dress, they are popular for 40s dances (if you have the figure and you have :cool: ). If not wide trousers and 'shirt' type blouses, or the ones that tie in the front

angelique
12th-August-2005, 02:52 PM
You could always do what Angelique did last time and let ME sort your costume out for you! :D

:hug: :worthy: :kiss: :flower: :hug: :kiss: :flower:
And now you've earnt your place in heaven!

Groovy Dancer
12th-August-2005, 03:14 PM

bring on the WILD WILD WEST!!

lots of moonshine, too!! :drool:

:yeah: :whistle:

angelique
12th-August-2005, 03:22 PM
I KNOW!!!!
How about a Tarzan and Jane theme????
Lets see all the men get their legs out in their loin cloths! :drool: :yum: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Groovy Dancer
12th-August-2005, 03:25 PM
I KNOW!!!!
How about a Tarzan and Jane theme????
Lets see all the men get their legs out in their loin cloths! :drool: :yum: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Um......NO!! :flower:

LMC
12th-August-2005, 03:34 PM
:yeah: :eek:

unless we get to pick which men?

Lory, you have a PM - thank you :grin:

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 03:46 PM
The only good thing about it being cooler now is the reduction in the Male Shorts-Wearing Factor. It doesn't suit us, especially when dancing...

Groovy Dancer
12th-August-2005, 04:43 PM
The only good thing about it being cooler now is the reduction in the Male Shorts-Wearing Factor. It doesn't suit us, especially when dancing...

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

But on the otherhand, no shirts..I may be willing to oblige. :waycool:

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 05:09 PM
But on the otherhand, no shirts..I may be willing to oblige. :waycool:
Visually, an improvement, hopefully.

However, for the ladies having to touch bare sweaty flesh all the time...?

Groovy Dancer
12th-August-2005, 05:31 PM
Visually, an improvement, hopefully.

However, for the ladies having to touch bare sweaty flesh all the time...?

I think they may be quite pleased with the ripples :whistle: Although I don't think we be sweaty all the time. But it is the price they may have to pay. :waycool: :flower:

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 05:38 PM
I think they may be quite pleased with the ripples :whistle:
Ewwww....

Although I don't think we be sweaty all the time. But it is the price they may have to pay. :waycool: :flower:
Well, I'm not dancing with you then, so there. :whistle:

Zebra Woman
12th-August-2005, 05:45 PM
Ewwww....

Good - leave him for us DJ :drool:

Obviously I vote for the jungle theme lots of Janes and Jaynes and Tarzans.........

and a zebra

and a donkey too

Groovy Dancer
12th-August-2005, 05:54 PM

And here I am thinking I could show you one of my 'Groovy' moves :rofl:

your loss :rolleyes:

under par
12th-August-2005, 08:32 PM
bring on the WILD WILD WEST!!

lots of moonshine, too!! :drool: :yeah: :whistle:

Ten gallon hats, sherrifs, marshalls, Geronimo, souix indian , arapaho indians,
lots of feathers in head dresses, leather loin cloths and chaps, guns, six shooters , bows and arrows, freshly cut scalps, saloons with swinging doors,, lots of redeye whiskey........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ................
really sounds great fun BUT where do I fit a pink tutu into all that eh ????

Feelingpink
12th-August-2005, 08:35 PM
Ten gallon hats, sherrifs, marshalls, Geronimo, souix indian , arapaho indians,
lots of feathers in head dresses, leather loin cloths and chaps, guns, six shooters , bows and arrows, freshly cut scalps, saloons with swinging doors,, lots of redeye whiskey........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ................
really sounds great fun BUT where do I fit a pink tutu into all that eh ????

A showgirl costume from one of the saloons with swinging doors? :flower:

under par
12th-August-2005, 08:45 PM
A showgirl costume from one of the saloons with swinging doors? :flower:

ShowGIRL

But I am a man :blush:

and which part of a showgirl costume has swinging doors ??? or is that a rude question!! :flower:

Feelingpink
12th-August-2005, 08:53 PM
ShowGIRL

But I am a man :blush:

and which part of a showgirl costume has swinging doors ??? or is that a rude question!! :flower:

You are ABSOLUTELY a man (and a very nice one too) :flower: ... but also the one apparently in full possession of a tutu. I would imagine that in a hick town full of manly vagabonds, cattle rustlers and gold prospectors, there would have been few women and perhaps some of the more entrepreneurial of the men would have popped in a costume or two and a ukelele in their saddlebag to earn a few pennies when gold or cattle were scarce.

I'm just painting a picture here, but I'm sure that if you want to wear your tutu, you can embroider around the edges (of the picture) and find an excuse to wear it. :clap: The swinging doors you'll have to figure out on your own :devil:

Dazzle
13th-August-2005, 04:28 PM

Is that cos you shiver anyones timbers Lory? :flower:

Ok I get some biscuits for the cheese and leave quietly ...................

Lory
13th-August-2005, 04:40 PM
Is that cos you shiver anyones timbers Lory? :flower:

One can live in hope! :devil: :D :innocent:

Sparkles
15th-August-2005, 10:16 AM
{lots of stuff snipped}... and chaps, .... {lots more stuff snipped}
Hmmm... now there's a thought - I've always fancied a pair of black leather chaps a la Christina Aguilera in the video for 'Dirrrty' ... :rolleyes: :blush: :innocent: :really:
S. x

under par
15th-August-2005, 10:59 AM
Hmmm... now there's a thought - I've always fancied a pair of black leather chaps a la Christina Aguilera in the video for 'Dirrrty' ... :rolleyes: :blush: :innocent: :really:
S. x

Sparkles in black leather chaps :drool: another dance please :flower: :hug:

Sheepman
15th-August-2005, 12:17 PM
Sparkles in black leather chaps :drool: another dance please
No dances for me though, I'm afraid I'll get my tongue trodden on! :drool: :wink:

I quite fancy the Tarzan and Jane theme myself, the trouble is, it makes the black and white shoes look really naff!

Greg

drathzel
15th-August-2005, 12:38 PM
Anything that doesnt require a hat, cuz every time i wear something on my head when dancing i spend half the night chasing it around the floor!

Lynn
15th-August-2005, 03:40 PM
Cowboys and Indians... I could wear my sari!

Lory
15th-August-2005, 03:55 PM
I quite fancy the Tarzan and Jane theme myself, the trouble is, it makes the black and white shoes look really naff!
Anything that doesnt require a hat, cuz every time i wear something on my head when dancing i spend half the night chasing it around the floor!
I think we're getting slightly confused here...

This thread is discussing the Forum Party/BBQ, which I presume will be on the grass, so no dancing involved :)

The 'Saturday night party theme', organised by Wes and John has already been finalised. It's 70's! :waycool:

Personally I think as we're all going to be dressing up later, it might be overkill to do it twice in one day! :rolleyes: I'd just like to dress comfortably slobby! :na: I know that will shock some folk! :wink:

What's the thoughts on having a giant musical chairs game?... (everyone to bring a chair from their Chalet) :D

Dazzle
15th-August-2005, 04:00 PM
What's the thoughts on having a giant musical chairs game?... (everyone to bring a chair from their Chalet) :D

Aren't chairs optional extras at Southport, or was that just my chalet? :sick:

Lory
15th-August-2005, 04:19 PM
Aren't chairs optional extras at Southport, or was that just my chalet? :sick:Wow! And I thought MY chalet was basic :what: But it had four plastic bucket chairs, 2 were orange and two were brown I believe :waycool:

Lynn
15th-August-2005, 04:22 PM
This thread is discussing the Forum Party/BBQ, which I presume will be on the grass, so no dancing involved :) And despite good weather at all the past Southport weekenders, its not guaranteed, so any outfit might end up hidden under a fleece anyway!

Purple Sparkler
15th-August-2005, 04:28 PM

My thoughts are:

WOOHOOOOOOO!

rockstep
16th-August-2005, 09:51 AM
If only I were that hat....I would feel like velvet ...and try to look cool and in the shade !

LMC
17th-August-2005, 01:44 PM
OK, can we have a summary of what's happening? Time, location, what we're supposed to bring, etc etc etc