PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in the Midlands this weekend?

DianaS
11th-August-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi
I'm wondering where people are heading to in the Midlands this weekend? There's
Friday Halesowen (very quiet last time I heard)
the Jag in Erdington and Nantwich on Saturday (But not at the Civic)

Yet every thing down South seems SO much more attractive :tears:

I've got friends coming Sat and am romping around the peak district Sunday so need to stay local ;)
Any suggestions??

DavidY
11th-August-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm planning to go to Rugby on Friday night. Not sure where I'm going on Saturday yet.

Cruella
11th-August-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm planning to go to Rugby on Friday night. Not sure where I'm going on Saturday yet.
You really should come to Twyford sat. :D

Little Em
12th-August-2005, 08:56 AM
You really should come to Twyford sat. :D

and you should come to Rugby on fri! :D

Msfab
12th-August-2005, 09:03 AM
Nearest train station and head south!!!

Heres a bargain - http://www.midlandmainline.com/summer.asp

DianaS
12th-August-2005, 09:18 AM

I've never been to Rugby, perhaps its time I gave it a go
Any one else like to come?? Don't want to turn up and find a room full of strangers :blush:
D

Danger Mouse
12th-August-2005, 11:04 AM
We are going to Sutton Coldfield Ceroc (or Erdington or Castle Vale or whatever) on Saturday.

Largish floor, air conditioned, friendly dancers what more could you want?

Don't want to turn up and find a room full of strangers :blush:
D

A stranger is a potential friend you just haven't made yet.

DianaS
12th-August-2005, 11:30 AM
...or a pain in the ass who just wont go away! :sick:
Different experiences if you're a woman :waycool:
Where is it they are recommending woman not to go out alone?? :confused:

MartinHarper
12th-August-2005, 12:02 PM
Sunday I shall, as I always do when it is on, be making my way to Cheltenham for The Jazz Cafe (http://www.geocities.com/jiveandswing/page4jazz.html) aka Duke's place, to dance with the Lindy folks and the more adventurous MJ folks.

Maybe the Jaguar in Sutton Coldfield on Saturday, depending how energetic I'm feeling.

DavidY
12th-August-2005, 01:27 PM
You really should come to Twyford sat. :DI'd like to be there but it's such a long drive home - just under 2.5 hours/130 miles.

FirstMove
12th-August-2005, 01:55 PM
There's a Ceroc crowd going to the Tower Ballroom in Brum. But not me :(

Paul F
12th-August-2005, 03:01 PM
We are going to Sutton Coldfield Ceroc (or Erdington or Castle Vale or whatever) on Saturday.

Largish floor, air conditioned, friendly dancers what more could you want?

Did someone mention air-conditioning!!! My spidy-sense was tingling there :)

I have been looking around myself with no joy. Ceroc Nantwich had to cancel their night as the venue was causing problems. I was originally going to go there. Thankfully this would have been the last time at the temporary venue.

The Jaguar club sounds rather good so I might give that a go depending on where Sutton Coldfield is :blush:

Time to get back onto the RAC route planner. I must cause about 200 of their hits a month :) Really should get myself sat nav.

Danger Mouse
12th-August-2005, 03:52 PM
PaulF, despite being called 'Ceroc Sutton Coldfield' it's not actually in Sutton Coldfield it's in Castle Vale, it's just that Sutton Coldfield being a posh area sounds better.

It'll be nice to see you down here and yes it does have air conditioning and a large floor

Danger Mouse
12th-August-2005, 03:56 PM
'tis here...... look for the Spitfires

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=413619&y=290708&z=0&sv=B35+7RA&st=2&pc=B35+7RA&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Cruella
12th-August-2005, 06:07 PM
I'd like to be there but it's such a long drive home - just under 2.5 hours/130 miles.
Simon R will offer you a bed, he offers them to everyone!! Heard rumours that you might have to do something with your car keys though. :rofl:

DianaS
13th-August-2005, 01:15 PM
...OMG I'm just resurfacing, what a crackin' night! :rolleyes:
nearly didn't make it 'cas going to a new venue without your mates is such a biggy, like first day at school or what! But Hey! cool class, asked to dance all night (had to hide in the bar for a break) excellent music, the variation on Stairway to Heaven was brill and choreographed by a chappie who so knew how to interprete music, I nearly kisssed him :kiss:
and lovely, lovely men...

HUhhmm no wonder people keep Rugby quiet!

DavidY thanks for meeting me and showing me around! Gosh what a night and Em THAT dance! Like WOW :worthy: do come to the Jag 2nit if your around!

Will SO be back :D
Like when's your next freestyle??
D

Gojive
13th-August-2005, 05:20 PM
Just in case anyone is planning on going to Nantwich tonight (Sat 13th), don't!!

It's cancelled, due to problems with the floor.

Source: uk-jive.co.uk

Paul F
14th-August-2005, 02:39 AM
PaulF, despite being called 'Ceroc Sutton Coldfield' it's not actually in Sutton Coldfield it's in Castle Vale, it's just that Sutton Coldfield being a posh area sounds better.

It'll be nice to see you down here and yes it does have air conditioning and a large floor

Well, I have to say, what a fantastic venue this is. Its got pretty much everything you could ask for - really good large floor, plenty of quality seating, good bar and great air-con!
I really enjoyed myself tonight and had some lovely dances. :clap:

Shame its so far away but I will definately try and get to the next one.

Great to see you again DM. I now realise what you meant by Spitfires on your other post!